Photo

Acceptance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
224 replies to this topic

#181 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:49

Thank you, Sister.

Ed

#182 663KGM

663KGM
  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 04:18

Sister:
I'm sending my sincere condolences to Ed, Sonja, Ben, 663 and everyone else in US. 

Thanks Sister,
I live a thousand miles away from NY and DC, and I feel quite safe at the moment.
What frightens me however, is the fact that I do travel every once in a while. As a matter of fact I was in Arlington VA just this summer (Pentagon is actually located in Arlington) and I flew from Dulles airport.
It could have been me in that plane, Sister. It could have been Ben Akiba taking off from Logan, and that is the harsh reality.

I also dread all bio-weapons and viruses that are around, and all those sick minds capable of doing the unthinkable. And it does not have to be ebola virus, even smallpox we don't know how to fight, because everyone thought it was eradicated.

#183 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 13:05

September 15, 2001...If we are to reject terrorism and its brothers, radicalism and
extremism, throughout our world, then we should repudiate it among our own....specifically
the current foul rhetoric spewing from Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Gary Bauer.

#184 elle

elle
  • Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 15 September 2001 - 17:00

I'll put this letter that I've got from USA friends here, so that you who are english speaking can read and evetually react here.
With all my best wishes and with hope for peace.

elle

----- Original Message -----

Dear Friends,

======================================================================
Hello,

The events yesterday left me very sad. I was especially alarmed by the

repeated talk coming from legislators about these tragedies as "acts of

war". Bush's announcement that the government would make no
distinction
between countries harboring terrorists and the terrorists themselves
made
me
worry that far more people will die as a result of these heinous acts.
There will be a lot of pressure on the government to take revenge, and
under
these situations often it is civilians upon whom revenge is actually
taken.
(For example, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens have been killed
as
a
result of our attempts to get at Saddam Hussein)

Under these circumstances, it is crucial that Congress hears from those
of
us who believe that war is not the answer. I have set up a web form
which
makes it easy to email your representative and senator and let them
know
how
you feel about the possibility of further bloodshed. It is available
at
http://www.americanstory.org/peace/. It has a default message, but the

more
that you personalize it, the more attention it will receive. Phone
calls
and
hand-written letters are also very effective.

Please take 5 minutes to email your elected officials and encourage
other
people to take this action.

Thank you,

Eli Pariser
eli@americanstory.org

#185 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 September 2001 - 20:25

September 16, 2001...Our nation should build positive relations with all countries that have
called for the rejection of terrorism...including Iran and Syria. Honest to God Almighty...we
may be able to put a huge dent in terrorism without firing a shot in anger or retaliation to the
heinous act perpetrated against us on September 11.

Secretary of State Colin Powell may be absolutely right on target when he says diplomacy
may be a most important weapon in this first, and hopefully last, 21st Century War.

America should restrain itself and THINK during these upcoming delicate days.

Golden opportunities may be emerging and be within our nation's...and the entire world's
grasp.

[ Izmena poruke: edrosenberg na dan 2001-09-16 21:36 ]

#186 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 September 2001 - 20:28

On 2001-09-16 21:25, edrosenberg wrote:
September 16, 2001...Our nation should build positive relations with all countries that have
  called for the rejection of terrorism...including Iran and Syria. Honest to God Almighty...we
may be able to put a huge dent in terrorism without firing a shot in anger or retaliation to the
                                  heinous act perpetrated against us on September 11.

Secretary of State Colin Powell may be absolutely right on target when he says diplomacy
      may be a most important weapon in this first, and hopefully last, 21st Century War.

America should restrain itself and THINK during these upcoming delicate days.

Golden opportunities may be emerging and be within our nation's...and the entire world's
                                                                        grasp.

#187 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 11:44

September 17, 2001...All-inclusive prayer services, Yasser Arafat gives blood for our
victims of barbarism, Reports that Cuba supports the U.S.A. and Chinese police have
arrested four Pakistani nationals who have instructions for the aftermath of an
Afghanistan bombing attack...these and other gestures of concern, goodwill, and support
within our nation and from unexpected sources from around the world should not be
trivialized or put aside. They could be buiding blocks for a new world of dialogue and
cooperation. America must seize the moment.

As our Native American brother outside of Syracuse, New York posts on his roadside
billboard, "Use a good mind."

THINK, America.

#188 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 21:31

Water Polo...Basketball...and now Volleyball!

Congrats to the Yugoslav volleyball team on its 3-Zip victory over Italy.

I think we all have to "accept" the fact that Yugoslavia has some incredible athletes.

#189 663KGM

663KGM
  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 21:40

Ed,
thanks for following. I happen to know that Americans are quite ignorant regarding European sports. You seem to have different interests.

Our guys are great indeed.

-- sixsixthree

#190 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 22:05

Sixer,

I think true sports fans follow sports anywhere.

I have known of Yugoslavian athletes for some time, but I am learning more and more reading B92.

Ed

#191 663KGM

663KGM
  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 22:36

Good observation Ed.

Ignorance seems to be going in both directions. Only recently did I start to appreciate the beauty of baseball.

#192 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 22:53

Baseball...

Right now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Barry Bonds does not break Mark Mcgwire's homerun record during the next few weeks. Mcgwire has done quite a bit for abused children off of the playing field. I want him to hold on to his record forever.

Homeruns and double plays and walks and all that sort of stuff must appear incredibly bizarre and foreign to the people of the Balkans.

The Russians, though, are trying to learn the game and are beginning to compete in America.

#193 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 19:58

I am not going anywhere, folks. As it is here, it is everywhere. The terrorist attacks on America appear to have greatly reduced the discussion of inclusion and other related matters in my country and around the world. Quite a shame from my point of view.

Be assured, however, I am continuing to plug away and am with you in spirit.

Ed

#194 elle

elle
  • Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 20:04

Dear Ed, we all are together in spirit, there is no other way, from 11th september on. What heppend in USA that day happend to all of us.
Best wishes

elle

#195 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 20:13

That is good news, Elle.

We truly need to be of one spirit.

We truly do need to come together in a way that the human family should have always been.

We truly need to rid ourselves of the barriers...the hatred...and fear that has too long separated us from rejoicing in each other and all the good that is us.

Ed

[ Izmena poruke: edrosenberg na dan 2001-09-26 21:14 ]