Photo

Acceptance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
224 replies to this topic

#166 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:10

This American appreciates the kind words of President Kostunica and Foreign Minister Svilanovic.

Ed

#167 condor

condor
  • Banned
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:29

"Changed by his own words", I like that.
Forum B92 is an excellent place for that.

Hope there will be more and more Americans with your sense of perspective, Ed.

#168 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:32

My thoughts are with you guys - all of you folks in the USA.
What I find difficult to believe is that there are some calls for retaliation, as Sonja & Alexa have already noticed. Even the British Prime Minister announced tonight that Britain would readily join in the fight against terrorism with America because it's the fight of all democratic countries and not only America(which I agree with), Ehud Barak is calling for a concerted action of many countries involved..I only wonder, where is all this leading to? Today, after the first explosion, we've also been on high alert in the City of London, where I work. Although we are witnesses of the IRA attacks in central London sometimes, nothing ever happened on such a scale, this apocalyptic pictures from N.Y. really stroke a cord with people here and got us all deeply worried. Still, I am getting more worried about what all this might lead us into, to be honest with you.

#169 Ben Akiba

Ben Akiba
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:39

What do you mean no retaliation? If the USA identifies those who made this mass and where they are located, then they should be hit and hit hard. For God's saka what elese would you recommend? Negotiations? Doing nothing?

#170 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:45

I hope there would be no retaliation against any particular country/countries - but the terrorists responsible, groups of them whoever is responsible. The reason being, Ben Akiba, is that it would mean there would be a war in which many countries would inevitably get involved (on a larger scale)and before you know it -the whole hell would break lose.

#171 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:54

condor:
"Changed by his own words", I like that.
Forum B92 is an excellent place for that.

Hope there will be more and more Americans with your sense of perspective, Ed.

I keep trying, Condor....and, actually, it is working. I have been at this on a daily basis for over twenty years. I have bitched and moaned and stomped my feet and cursed and quit a thousand times...but I always come back. I care, Condor...and despite all my frustrations, I do see progress.

I think there are many Americans with my same perspective. Perhaps, we shall move to the forefront now.

Hmmm...perhaps, this is could be a Novo Sunce (New Day?) for my country too!

Ed

#172 Ben Akiba

Ben Akiba
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:54

I do not think there would be a war of large proportions. However, if conditons for such a war currently exist, there would be a war, no matter whether the US retaliate or do nothing.

#173 Ben Akiba

Ben Akiba
  • Members
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:56

I do not think there would be a war of large proportions. However, if conditons for such a war currently exist, there would be a war, no matter whether the US retaliate or do nothing.

#174 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 00:57

On 2001-09-12 01:45, branka n. wrote:
I hope there would be no retaliation against any particular country/countries - but the terrorists responsible, groups of them whoever is responsible. The reason being, Ben Akiba, is that it would mean there would be a war in which many countries would inevitably get involved (on a larger scale)and before you know it -the whole hell would break lose.

I agree with Branka. No more blood should be shed from the innocents.

Ed

[ Izmena poruke: edrosenberg na dan 2001-09-12 01:59 ]

#175 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:00

Let's hope there wouldn't! Listening to the British PM tonight it appears to me to be almost like we should brace ourselves for whatever might happen..I've sensed a hint of fatalism almost, maybe I'm just reading too much 'in between the lines'..

#176 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:06

On 2001-09-12 02:00, branka n. wrote:
Let's hope there wouldn't! Listening to the British PM tonight it appears to me to be almost like we should brace ourselves for whatever might happen..I've sensed a hint of fatalism almost, maybe I'm just reading too much 'in between the lines'..

Branka,

In my family circle, things were quite chaotic this morning. It has settled down. Our last phone call was from our eldest daughter who told us that she has felt the movement of our second grandchild in her womb this afternoon.

Relax.

Ed

#177 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:17

Great news, Ed, congratulations! That's something truly beautiful and special..

Thanks for reminding me of the bright side of life at this particular moment. Branx

#178 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:36

branka n.:
Great news, Ed, congratulations! That's something truly beautiful and special.. 

Thanks for reminding me of the bright side of life at this particular moment. Branx

Yes, Branka, life is bright, beautiful, and special. Oh, how brilliant life appears at such a dark time!

We can get through this event...a stronger human family. We can do this, Branka. We can use this tragic day to move closer to each other.

#179 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:40

September 12, 2001...United Nations General Assembly President Harri Holkeri in an
address to the fifty-fourth DPI/NGO Conference said, "In the new world community, the
leading principles should be dialogue, inclusion, and cooperation."

(from my page)

#180 Sister

Sister
  • Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 September 2001 - 01:43

Lack of gloating over WTC tragedy on this board was pleasant surprise, just as lack of calls for vengeance on another, mostly American board. One of the typical posts said "My stomach turns that anyone can rejoice because more people are dying" when someone else asked the question about possible bombing of country that claims responsibility for the attacks. No one seems to be in the mood for some Byblical vengeance.

Ed, news on you daughter and grandchild are wonderful. No catastrophy or evil can spoil joy of "butterfly flutters" :smile: