• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 18:55

Aston Martin wants hypercar to lap faster than F1 cars

Aston Martin CEO Dr Andy Palmer says it wants the future Adrian Newey-designed hypercar to lap faster than a Formula One car at any grand prix venue.

The iconic brand revealed on Thursday that it was joining forces with Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Advanced Technologies in order to produce a ground-breaking road car with design genius Newey given carte blanche at the helm.

Codenamed Project ‘AM-RB 001’, the new machine will also benefit from the input of Aston Martin chief creative officer Marek Reichman.

“As we sit here today, the raison d'être that we've given the team is to be faster than an F1 car around Silverstone – or indeed any other F1 track,” Palmer is quoted as saying by ESPN F1.

“I am sure there are other cars that can go in straight lines quicker than this, but we don't make drag cars, we make cars you can use. That is the raison d'être we use.”

The report adds that less than 100 models of the hypercar are expected to be produced by late 2018, with the AM-RB 001 featuring a mid-engined installation though details are scarce at the moment.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner is bullish about the project, as he believes it will serve as a showcase of what can be achieved when technical regulations allow for greater freedom.

“I think it showed with unrestricted aerodynamics what is possible,” he said. "I think that F1 has got scope to move the lap times considerably quicker. There is a step coming for 2017, we personally would like it to go further but we seem to be a lone voice in that. But F1 should be the ultimate.

“Taking unrestricted aerodynamics, this car will be seriously, seriously quick. And the initial indications we have had from it have generated more downforce than any car that we have ever produced.”

http://en.f1i.com/ne...n-f1-cars.html?

#17 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:51

...And so rumours are swirling that, now with Aston Martin’s help, Red Bull could push ahead with an accelerated programme to make its own F1 engine.

Auto Motor und Sport is even dropping a name that might be connected with the Red Bull-Aston Martin F1 engine project: Alex Hitzinger, fresh from Porsche’s Le Mans foray, a former Cosworth F1 chief and no stranger to Red Bull.

#18 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:59

Ja jutros slusao Hornera, i rekao je da ce to raditi samo ako budu V12 motori :lol:, otherwise it's highly unlikely

#19 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:07

Grand Prix, round seven of the 2016 Formula 1 season.

Renault believed it found half a second per lap with updates it ran at testing and made further improvements ahead of the season-opening Australian GP.

When asked by Autosport if he felt like there was more performance from the TAG Heuer-badged unit, Ricciardo said: "I do, but we're not talking a massive step yet.

"When you've already got x-hundred amount of horsepower and you get five or 10 extra horsepower, it's not a world of difference.

"You don't really feel an extra kick when you put your foot down. "But I do feel like sort of top end, at the end of the straight, it just seems to run more, so it has a bit more legs in the last quarter of the straight.

"Once we get to - at the moment we're talking sort of Montreal - we should have a proper step. "And then hopefully I get some whiplash and some good g-forces through my neck!"

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner agreed that progress had been made by Renault, particularly in race trim. "The power unit has definitely made progress over the winter," he said.

"There is still a long way to go but it's great that, particularly in race conditions which is what we saw in testing, there has been progress in performance.

"Hopefully the guys will take back a lot of encouragement that they're going in the right direction."

Abiteboul admits  that there are elements of the RBR programme, observed during their closest time together, that Renault can use to its own advantage going forward. 

"I think you are never really happy with your structure in F1," the Frenchman conceded, "For a big team, you need a structure which is constantly adapting to cover your own shortfalls, but also for the novelties of the sport. 

"The one we observed at Red Bull was their capacity to grow, invest in new areas. We are not taking any new ideas from Red Bull, but one thing is to see how they are managing their whole programme, which is fantastic. The level they are into understanding and shaping the structure... that is what we can take away from them and what we are doing in Enstone."

33f4wes.jpg

#20 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 15:03

Daniil Kvyat is heading to his home race in Russia confident that Sebastian Vettel now knows him better.

Vettel, the four-time world champion, took on his younger rival in a verbal argument after the Chinese grand prix, following an incident that resulted in the German making contact with his Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen.

Kvyat held his own in the argument, and now tells Russia's Sportbox: "When you fight with a driver for the first or second time, usually you begin to know him better.

"Vettel and I got to know each other better in China," said the 21-year-old.

"We had a great race, I got on the podium and we realised that we can compete with Ferrari."

Kvyat said it will be an enjoyable and yet busy home race at Sochi this weekend, with the event having been moved from October last year to May in 2016.

"The fact the race in Sochi has moved from autumn to spring and that the weather will be moderate is good," said Vitaly Petrov, who was F1's first Russian driver.

"If there is rain? It means we could see a variety of tactics, and the chance that Red Bull and Kvyat could win will be higher than on a dry track," he added.

#21 Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 15:58

E sto Red Bul nema jace motore sta bi Rikardo radio.

#22 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 17:49

Daniel Ricciardo believes it is becoming increasingly likely that Red Bull will stick with Renault Formula 1 power beyond 2016 following the French manufacturer's performance increase so far this year.

Red Bull tried to strike deals with Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda late last year to avoid having to use Renault engines in 2016, eventually renegotiating its deal to badge the units as TAG Heuer. But the partnership has started the season better than expected, and Ricciardo even led the Chinese Grand Prix after starting on the front row.

When asked if he could see Red Bull sticking with Renault, Ricciardo said: "I think so. It's definitely not unlikely now.

"If we do get what we hope we see from the update [mid-season], it should put us on a Ferrari power unit level, which is competitive enough for the team and chassis level we have. So we might not have as much of a silly season with the power units as we did last year."

Ricciardo said Renault's early-season improvements were not expected, with bigger updates expected to be introduced around the Canadian Grand Prix in June.

Asked if Renault's performance so far was a surprise, Ricciardo added: "Yeah, I would say so. We didn't expect the power unit we have now to be that different to how we ended last year. But it seems like the changes they did make have given us a bit more, so that's cool.

"The gain we've made from both the chassis and the engine seems to be a good step on both sides – I would say both are working together pretty evenly. As long as the updates give us what we expect, probably for Montreal, then we'll be looking pretty good.

"We seem to be coping running a bit less downforce and hanging in there with Mercedes and Ferrari through the corners, but it's been like that since I've been with Red Bull. Come Barcelona and Monaco, you can't really afford to compromise there, so then we might see the true power unit difference."

Ma bre govno taj Reno, nista ne valja... :ajme:

#23 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 18:12

Missim, RIC nije govedo kao Marko ili Horner a pored toga prdi na korporatno unisono duvanje u jednu tikvu/pljuvanje Renola, káže decko kako jeste.

#24 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 23:16

A seat swap between Daniil Kvyat and Max Verstappen as early as the Spanish Grand Prix has emerged as one of the options being considered by Red Bull after its Russian Grand Prix ‘disaster’, sources have suggested.

Smradovi su ovi iz RBR nevidjeni, niko se nije usrao u vise karijera mladih vozaca nego oni.

Mislim, manje-vise me zabole za Kvjata ali ono u Rusiji nije razlog za otkaz, narocito nakon podijuma u prethodnoj trci. Ali ovako gurnuti Maksa u vatru, u po sezone u bolid koji nije ni testirao, je cista ludost.

:ajme:

#25 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:09

Zvanicno, od Spanije Ferstapen u Red Bulu, a Kvjat u Toro Rosu! Kakva govna!

#26 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:14

Max Verstappen will replace Danill Kvyat at Red Bull from the Spanish Grand Prix with the Russian taking the Dutchman's seat at Toro Rosso.

Kvyat collided with Sebastian Vettel for the second successive race in Russia, with the latter ending up in the wall on lap one.

After the race, Red Bull boss Horner said Kvyat "accepts he made a mistake" and apologised to the team.

But following talks, Red Bull has taken the decision to drop Kvyat in favour of Verstappen from the Spanish Grand Prix onwards.

"Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent," said Red Bull boss Christian Horner.

"His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing.

"We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams.

"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."

Verstappen is believed to have a three-year contract with the Red Bull family, which runs until the end of 2017.

It is understood this move is seen as an opportunity to evaluate him sooner with a view to sign him longer term if he delivers.

Jbt, Kvjat je prosle godine skupio vise bodova od Rikiarda i doneo im ove sezone podijum. Ne mogu da verujem da su ga sutnuli. Kakvo ponizenje za njega.

#27 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:23

Da nabrojimo sve likove iz Red Bulove skole mladih vozaca i kako su prosli:

Fetel - 4 titule, sada u Ferariju

Skot Spid - sutnut u sred sezone 2007, nikada se nije vratio u F1

Liuci - sutnut nakon sezone 2007, uspeo da vozi sezonu i po u Fors Indiji posle 2 godine i jednu u HRT-u, nema ga u F1 od kraja 2011.

Sebastian Buemi - sutnut nakon tri godine na kraju 2011, nikada nije vozio ni za jedan drugi tim, tri godine satro bio rezervni vozac Red Bula

Haime Algersuari - sutnut nakon 2 i po godine, nikada se nije vratio u F1 i zavrsio trkacku karijeru sa 25 godina

Zan Erik Vern - tri solidne sezone, sutnut na kraju 2014, bio jednu sezonu u Ferariju i radio na simulatoru

Za sada su jos tu Rikiardo i Ferstapen koji su izgleda bezbedni i ako Red Bul odluci da ih otera, dokazali su se i lako bi nasli drugi tim, dok Sains, a izgleda posebno Kvjat imaju sansu da zavrse kao svi gorepomenuti osim Fetela.

#28 Xpert

Xpert
  • Members
  • 22,572 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:30

anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

Ishitren potez RBa. Ajd sto su Maxa gurnuli u vatru, a popisali se po Kvyatu, ali sad su obojica u neravnopravnom polozaju u odnosu na timske kolege. Potpuno nepozatni bolidi, a trka je za 10 dana.

#29 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:46

Sad citam da je Marko ovo planirao odavno i da je samo cekao priliku. Kvjat je zrtveno jagnje a povod za ovo jeste da se obezbede da im Ferstapena neko ne uzme za 2018. jer mu ovim daju konkurentan auto.

#30 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:48

Instant tim, koji ceni samo instant uspeh, ako maks do ovu ( gotovo izvesni) i sledecu sezonu bude lose vozio, oni ce ga sutnuti, bez obzira na talenat