Photo
- - - - -

Manor 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#61 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:18

22-year-old Rio Haryanto is currently fourth in the GP2 standings, and according to correspondent Mathias Brunner, “negotiations (with Manor) are already underway”.

The report added that Haryanto would bring significant backing from Pertamina, the Indonesian state-owned oil company.

However, also connected with a Manor seat for 2016 is Pascal Wehrlein, especially as the young German’s DTM employer, Mercedes, is set to power the team next year

#62 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:30

Manor će sledeće sezone imati 2015-spec Mercedesovu PJ, kao što su prošli tračevi naglašavali više puta.Ovo me raduje jako, u Albert Parku mogu biti vrlo solidni borci na poene.Nama je svima poznato kako Melburn uvek iznenadi i omogućava malo lošijima realne šanse za poene.Naravno,tokom sezone "lošiji" nemogu ispratiti razvojni tempo "boljih" te dramatično padaju u poretku.

F1 tail-enders Manor have secured a deal to use the class-leading Mercedes power units from 2016.

Manor has been using 2014-specification Ferrari engines this year, however Mercedes confirmed the team will have a supply of “current-year Mercedes-Benz power units”. Manor will also use ‘fluid technology solutions’ supplies by Mercedes partner Petronas.

Mercedes’ managing director Andy Cowell confirmed Manor will be one of their “three customer teams for 2016″. Current customer Lotus is closing on a deal to be taken over by Renault next year.

The move likely spells a definitive end to Red Bull’s chances of securing the coveted Mercedes power units for next season.

“Although there were many factors governing our selection of an engine partner to help power us towards our long-term ambitions, ultimately the strength of the Mercedes-Benz package speaks for itself,” said Manor team principal John Booth.

“2015 has been a rebuilding year in every aspect of our operation. Although we have not been able to make the incremental strides in competitiveness that the team has enjoyed in previous seasons, we have put in place a strong foundation from which to progress.”

“Together with the potential we are seeing with our 2016 car in the wind tunnel, the Mercedes-Benz power unit will assist our return to aggressive performance development with effect from next season.”

Također,pored Mercedesove PJ Manor će po prvi puta koristiti Vilijamsovu tehničku podršku.

Meklaren,čuvaj se...ovo je gora pretnja od Eksaustusa.

Edited by alenpetak11, 01 October 2015 - 12:36.

#63 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 15:11

Opširnije o Manor/Vilijams partnerstvu sledeće godine:

Williams has agreed a technical partnership with Manor for the 2016 Formula 1 season that will see it supply transmission and suspension components.

The move dovetails with Manor's deal for a supply of latest specification Mercedes engines, which Williams will also use next season.

It is a major boost for the back-of-the-grid team, who required a last-minute rescue deal to secure its future just days before the season started.

The late entry meant Manor has been forced to run a modified 2014-spec car this term with year-old Ferrari engines.

But months after near closure, Manor is set to start next season with a class-leading engine, a technical partnership with front-running team and a 2016-spec chassis.

The team also moved into a new factory in Banbury this week, the first time the whole outfit has been under one roof in nearly 12 months.

Manor resumes its relationship with the Williams' Advanced Engineering division, having previously been supplied with its KERS in 2013.

"I am pleased to announce that we will resume our prior technical partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering, from whom we will receive the supply of transmission and suspension components," said Manor team principal John Booth.

"Combined with Mercedes-Benz power units, we are very excited about the strength of our new powertrain package and what it means for the long-term future of our team."

#64 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 19:50

Will Stevens wants 'competitive' Manor F1 seat for 2016 season

Will Stevens is hopeful he has done enough with Manor this year to earn another deal with a team he believes will finally be "competitive" in the 2016 Formula 1 season.

Having emerged from administration, Manor is using a year-old F1 engine and chassis in 2015, but will be powered by Mercedes, enter a technical partnership with Williams and build a new chassis next year.

"Obviously this year was always going to be difficult, but with Manor I have good stability, I know the team well and I really enjoy working with everybody here," Stevens said.

"The package they're bringing for next year is going to be a lot more competitive than what we've had this year.

"I feel it would be nice to have a year with this team where we would have more of a chance of scoring points and fighting for position.

"We just need to work out what's best for me and move forward from there.

"But I'm enjoying working with these guys and I don't see why it can't continue into next year."

With Manor becoming a far more attractive proposition, Stevens is set to face competition for the seat.

"Discussions are going on all the time at this time of the year, and it's obviously no secret lots of drivers are trying to sort out a deal," he added.

"We're no different to that. At the moment, we're trying to evaluate what we want to do and what we feel is the best move for my career for the next few years."

MANOR RETURNS TO BANBURY

The team moved into its new base in Banbury last week, having been forced to operate out of its old site in Dinington and temporary offices at Silverstone.

"The cars and flyaway stuff don't return until the end of the season, so we still haven't fully moved in until that comes back," sporting director Graeme Lowdon told AUTOSPORT.

"But the offices are populated with everybody, and it's nice to have everyone back under one roof again.

"If you look at the past five, six years, we've operated out of a number of different factories, so we know better than most the pros and cons of working out of multi sites.

"You do have to manage things differently when you're structured like that, but bringing everything under one roof has quite a lot of tangible benefits.

"Without doubt, for our future, we will benefit from it."

The team is also rebuilding towards its intended staffing levels.

"We're still recruiting, some of them from some time ago as we're still waiting for them to join as they are on long notice periods at other teams," added Lowdon.

"We were just under 200 previously. For how we are structured and the budget we have, the design of car, we're not structured to go above that level, that's for sure.

"I'm not sure we'll go up to that level again, maybe 10 to 15 short, because we have found areas where the budget doesn't require that many people."

#65 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 19:18

Alexander Rossi says he’s determined to hang on to his Manor seat in 2016.

Inevitably Rossi has been a focus of media and fan attention in the build-up to the race.

“I think, first of all, that the reaction has been very positive, which is what we wanted to see,” he said today. “Of course there is pride that goes along with it, but that started in Singapore and Japan as well. Obviously to be here at home means a big deal, but at the same time we have a job to do and very clear objectives to meet. I’m looking forward to it; there are a lot of friends and family that will be coming this weekend. But I think once you get in the car and on track you appreciate the fact that there is a bigger picture.

Asked about his immediate and longer term goals he said: “With the current situation with the performance difference in the cars I think it’s very clear that the objective just needs to be continuing what we’ve done in the first two.

“Both of those weekends there was quite a disrupted Friday for the whole team, so I think if we have a strong Friday the Sunday result can be even more positive. In terms of next year, I’m obviously quite keen to be in a full-time seat next year, which is apparent. The position that I’m in with the team at the moment is good and we’re looking to put that all together for next year.

Rossi said he couldn’t say how much of an advantage it was that he drove the Caterham at COTA in FP1 two years ago, and thus knows the track.

“I’ll let you know tomorrow. Obviously it gives you a baseline but at the same time the cars in ’13 were clearly very different to what they are now. I don’t know how much is applicable to be honest. I think it’s more of a bonus, the fact that I’ve actually driven the track, more than anything else.”

#66 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 16:53

@adamcooperF1

No comment from @ManorF1Team on The Telegraph's suggestion that John Booth and Graeme Lowdon will leave at the end of the season

New investors have been circling and if Bernie Ecclestone is somehow in the loop then a change of management would not be a surprise

RT @RolandBroadley: @adamcooperF1 @ManorF1Team Hoping these rumours aren't true. They are the Manor F1 team!

#67 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 19:17

Manor technical consultant Bob Bell has joined the exodus from the team by resigning.

Yesterday it emerged that team principal John Booth and sporting director Graeme Lowdon had tendered their resignations, although they will stay on until the end of the season.

Bell’s arrival was announced by the team on June 1. He did not have a hands-on involvement with the car, but he was overseeing a restructure of the team, and he played a key role in putting together the engine deal with former employer Mercedes, and in securing a gearbox supply from Williams.

“He’s been really active in some of these negotiations,” Booth told this writer recently. “Of course he has close contacts at the highest level with all these people. It’s more commercially where he’s been involved. His knowledge is very valuable.”

Bell worked at Enstone for many years, even briefly holding the title of acting team principal, and his name has been linked with a return to the Lotus/Renault organisation.

Sta se ovde dogadja, sada kad su obezbedili Mercedesove motore za narednu sezonu odjednom totalni raspad sistema??? Ovo ili znaci da ce Mercedes instalirati svoje ljude i direktno upravljati Manorom ili ih uopste nece biti dogodine na gridu u Melburnu.

#68 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 19:54

Ja mislim da je pritisak da se vlasnik tima primora i odrekne mesanja i vodjenja tima. 

#69 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 20:25

Amid high speculation in Mexico about the team's future, Graeme Lowdon said Manor will clarify the situation as soon as possible.

Reports suggest Lowdon, the team chief executive, and Manor founder and team principal John Booth, are quitting the British backmarker at the end of the year over a dispute about the direction of the team with investor Stephen Fitzpatrick.

"I'm sorry," Lowdon told Speed Week correspondent Agnes Carlier in Mexico, "I can't comment at the moment."

But Carlier said that Lowdon's body language made clear that all is not well, made worse by the fact that he and Booth fought so hard to rescue the team over the winter and in the wake of the tragic death of Jules Bianchi.

"Yes, we overcame so many problems in order to get out of that (financial) situation.

"It's a shame," Lowdon added, "because the team is now viable. What a waste! I am sorry to the people in the team who are so good and competent.

"We will inform the public about the next steps as soon as possible," he said.

Izgleda da ovo znaci kraj, ako dobro citam???

#70 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 20:46

Moze biti, valjalo bi da Mecka uleti kao B tim...

#71 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 21:42

Hmm,ako se ovako nastavi i Manor postane stvarno Mercedesova B ekipa,hoće li i Manor promenuti naziv ekipe(Daimler AG,Majbah ili nešto treće)?Trenutno finansijski Manor je kanta ali s Mercedes/Vilijams partnerstvom u 2016. ona je savršena prilika za kupnju ovog momenta jer će sledeće godine gotovo sigurno biti u sredini poretka.
Postava bi bila vrlo verovatno Rosi i Vehrlejn.Možda je čak Esteban Okon u igri.

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 31 October 2015 - 22:42.

#72 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 22:16

Toto Volf kaze da je Mercedes potpisao ugovor sa sadasnjim vlasnicima Manora, i ako bude promene vlasnistva to ne znaci da ce taj ugovor vaziti i za nove vlasnike.

Znaci, kraj.

#73 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:36

Former McLaren man Dave Ryan is to return to the F1 paddock in the newly created role of racing director of the Manor F1 team.

His appointment comes ahead of the imminent departures of team founders John Booth and Graeme Lowdon as new owner Stephen Fitzpatrick flexes his muscles and reorganises the team.

Ryan joined McLaren in 1973 as a mechanic and rose to the heights of sporting director. However he left the team abruptly after the scandal at the 2009 Australian GP, when Lewis Hamilton waved Jarno Trulli past under the safety car – and then denied doing so when he met the stewards, which led to a penalty for the Toyota driver. As subsequent FIA investigation saw Trulli reinstated in third place and Hamilton excluded. Ryan, who was with Hamilton in the stewards’ room, left the team shortly afterwards.

Ryan has since rebuilt his career with the successful Von Ryan Racing GT team.

“Along with our new Mercedes Benz power unit, technical partnership with Williams and recent additions to the design and technical team, Dave’s arrival is another important step towards our goal of creating a truly competitive racing team,” said Fitzpatrick.

“I am also able to confirm that John Booth and Graeme Lowdon will be leaving the team at the end of the current season. I have the utmost respect for them as individuals and for all they have achieved, both with this team and in their long careers in Motorsport, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their hard work and dedication during this season in particular. Like every great story, there comes a time to start a new chapter.”

Ryan added: “I’m very excited to be joining the Manor Marussia F1 Team at a pivotal time in their development. Having spent time with Stephen, and understood his vision for the future, it is clear he has ensured there is a strong platform from which the team can make big steps forward in the seasons ahead.

“Manor has all the hallmarks of a fiercely competitive racing team, but having grown up in a much more contemporary Formula 1 era, it is a very lean operation with a collaborative culture, which leaves it well placed to contend with the sport’s future direction. There is clearly a big challenge ahead and a lot of work to do, but I can’t wait to meet the wider team and get down to business.”

#74 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 19:01

Wurz will not become Manor team boss

#75 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 20:26

Alex Wurz and Martin Whitmarsh have each denied suggestions they might be set to succeed John Booth as Manor's new team boss.

The British backmarker has already replaced the departing Graeme Lowdon with former 'lie-gate' protagonist Dave Ryan, amid reports ex-Williams driver and current GPDA president Wurz had been identified as the favourite to succeed Booth.

But Austrian Wurz, who is contesting his last motor race in Bahrain this weekend as the world endurance championship concludes, told the BBC: "After a period of consideration, I have informed (owner) Stephen Fitzpatrick that I have taken the decision not to make myself available to Manor."

Another name linked with the job has been Whitmarsh, an experienced former team principal who worked closely alongside Ryan at McLaren.

Whitmarsh, now involved with the management of an America's Cup team, admitted to having contact with Manor but insisted: "I do not intend to become team principal at Manor."

He said he will "definitely say no" if Fitzpatrick asks him explicitly to lead the team in the post-Booth era.