McLaren-Renault 2019

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 19:34

U nadi da cu ove godine doneti vise srece nego prosle...

McLaren in talks with Coca-Cola for 2019 deal

XPB_965156_1200px-725x500.jpg

Michael Delaney
24/12/2018 at 09:11

McLaren boss Zak Brown has received positive feedback from Coca-Cola following the company's three-race sponsorship deal with the team.

Coca-Cola branding appeared on McLaren's MCL33 in the USA, Brazil and Abu Dhabi, a deal that was viewed at the time of its announcement back in October as a minor 'coup' given the company's historical absence from F1.

During its three-race involvement, Coca-Cola also took the opportunity to promote its sub-brands, Dasani Sparkling and SmartWater.

"The Coke deal was excellent. It worked for them," Brown said.

"I don’t think it’s probably appropriate that I share the specific results other than to say the feedback that we’ve had from Coca-Cola is that it worked.

"It’s great that the McLaren brand worked for them, that the engagement with drivers worked for them, and that Formula 1 worked for Coca-Cola."

The successful partnership not only yielded positive results, it has also led the two companies to discuss a renewal of their association in the future.

"There is no better, more experienced, savvy, sophisticated sponsor probably in the world than Coca-Cola, so for them to come out of their end of the year programme with us seeing successes is something that we’re proud of and the sport should be proud of," added Brown.

"On the basis of that, we’re now in conversations about what the future could look like for our two brands together."

#2 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 00:04

Brown lays out five-year McLaren turnaround plan

mclaren-portlock.jpg 
By: Chris Medland | 6 hours ago

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown has set out a five-year plan that he hopes will see the team returning to winning ways.

The last McLaren victory came in the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix, meaning it has now been a full six seasons since the team last won a race. Having instigated a number of internal changes in Woking over the past 12 months — as well as a switch from Honda to Renault power — Brown says there is a path set out that he believes will return McLaren to the front.

“I have just presented a five-year plan and within that plan, we think we have a journey to get back to winning races, and then once you’re winning races, you’re competing for the championship,” Brown said.

“I think it’s critical that Liberty makes changes to the sport … because right now, the way the sport is going, it’s difficult for more than two or three teams to compete for the championship, so I think there are things that are out of our control, but hopefully we can influence that need to change for multiple teams to be able to win races and compete for the championship.

“We have laid out a journey and investment, a road to recovery that sees us getting back to the front of the grid in that timeline.”

McLaren’s shareholders include the Bahraini royal family’s Mumtalakat sovereign wealth fund, as well as the TAG Group and Canadian businessman Michael Latifi.

Brown says the team’s executive committee is comfortable with the timeframe as long as he can show McLaren is moving in the right direction.

“I think from a time standpoint, clearly we need to show progress. The shareholders are extremely committed. We’re hiring, so they’re investing in the racing team, and I think anyone who invests wants to see a return and progress.

“So there’s not a specific timetable in that X has to be achieved by Y date. I think what they want to see as we all want to see is us moving forward, but there’s no specific timeline on that.”

Dagjbm ovo mi zvuci ko nasi politicari, samo jos malo stegnite kais a za 5 godina ce pecene seve same u usta da ulecu... :ajme:

#3 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 16:01

McLaren should 'fear everyone' in wide-open midfield battle, says Sainz

Carlso-Sainz-725x500.jpg

Phillip van Osten
27/12/2018 at 09:06

McLaren new recruit Carlos Sainz believes his team must fear everyone single one of its midfield opponents in 2019.

This year, Sainz helped Renault capture the honorary title of 'best of the rest', the French outfit finishing fourth in the Constructors' standings behind F1's untouchable Mercedes-Ferrari-Red Bull trio.

Renault was given a run for its money however by Haas in 2018, the US outfit outpacing McLaren, Force India and the massively improved Sauber team, while Toro Rosso and Williams rounded off the teams' championship.

Sainz praised Sauber in particular for its progress and considered the Swiss squad a case study of what could be expected in 2019.

"If they are actually now the strongest midfield team, I think we should all fear them," Sainz Jr. said. "But next year we should fear everyone.

"You think about Sauber, but then you think about Force India with a bit more budget, what they could be capable of. You think about Renault, what they are able to do.

"You think about Haas, if they keep getting the amount of Ferrari parts that they are getting and Ferrari keeps dominating [engine development], they should be also very strong.

"You think about McLaren with a whole new project and wanting to invest and wanting to go back to P4 in the championship after a difficult year.

"You think about all these teams, and you think anyone could lead the midfield battle next year."

Carlos-Sainz-1.jpg

While a battle royal can indeed be expected next season between F1's midfield contenders, Sainz' real wish is for the pack to edge closer to the front-runners.

"What I really hope is that the space between midfield and the top teams gets a bit more close, and we have a bit more exciting racing.

"Then who comes out on top, we will see. It’s about the one who gets the new regs better."

The 24-year-old is putting his faith in McLaren's future, banking on a turnaround at the Woking team. But the Spaniard underscored the necessity for engine partner Renault to also up its game.

"I need Renault next year, for them to think about the engine and really make a step," he said.

"If not, Mercedes and Ferrari, even Honda, they’re going to keep evolving and creating this gap which is very difficult to cut back.

"It’s difficult to say, but I really hope this situation starts getting a bit better and we have a closer field."

scared-woman-014-1024x614.jpg

#4 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 15:27

jbf6yflY_normal.jpg
McLaren @McLarenF1

Some cars are red,
Others are blue.
On Valentine’s Day,
We’ll reveal ours to you.

14.02.2019 #MCL34 1f9e1.png

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 18:44

McLaren chasing reliability ahead of winter testing

norris-dunbar.jpg 

By: Chris Medland | 2 hours ago

McLaren is placing an emphasis on reliability with its 2019 car after facing a number of issues during pre-season testing last year.

Expectations were high at McLaren in 2018 following its switch to Renault power, but its first day of testing in Barcelona was interrupted early on by a wheel nut issue that saw Fernando Alonso spin into the gravel. The team ended pre-season with the lowest mileage due to a number of items that needed addressing on its car and McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown says reliability is something the team aims to improve this year.

“I don’t want to share in detail some of the things we’re doing differently this offseason than we did last season,” Brown said. “We are doing things differently, to be more prepared, not just with performance but we had a lot of reliability issues going into Barcelona testing last year. So we have taken some measures to get ahead of that.

“We will continue to develop as all F1 teams do, on a weekly basis, and we’ll bring to Australia our most developed performance that we’ve been doing here since we started developing the car and having reliability programs to make sure [it is better].

“One of the reasons why we were slower to bring performance (in 2018) is because we had reliability issues. You roll off the truck in Barcelona, instead of being able to get straight down to performance, you’re having issues — wheel nut issues, heating issues — you then stop focusing on performance and you start focusing on reliability.

“The team did a good job to give us reliability coming out of Spain testing, to have cars both finish in the points in Australia. We’re in a better place performance wise and reliability coming into winter testing.”

Although Red Bull has switched from Renault to Honda after seeing performance gains from the Japanese manufacturer with Toro Rosso last year, Brown is confident in the power unit McLaren has at its disposal.

“We’re very happy with Renault. The challenges that we had were not power unit related, those were our issues. The power unit I don’t believe was our challenge.

“Honda of course continue to develop and do an excellent job, that doesn’t surprise us. I’m glad they’re still in the sport because I think that’s something that was being discussed by them internally.

“Renault ended the season with I think four or five podiums, won some races, so we are confident we made the right decision for our long-term future. To get a better racecar on the track is the challenge that we have ahead of us.”

#6 MrIncredible

MrIncredible
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 13:29

McLaren hires Seidl to run Formula 1 team

https://www.motorspo...n-team/4321736/

#7 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 20:26

Brown: McLaren MCL34 'much different' from 2018 car

McLaren-1-725x500.jpg
©McLaren

Michael Delaney
14/01/2019 at 12:12

With pre-season preparations going according to plan, McLaren CEO Zak Brown is expecting his team to field "a good car" this year, and one that will be very different from its 2018 predecessor.

McLaren's hopes of moving significantly up the grid after its switch from Honda to Renault power last year did not pan out, mainly because of aero issues that dogged the performance of its MCL33 chassis.

The disappointing results led to several big management changes in the team's design and operational departments which were complimented by the recent recruitments of Toro Rosso tech boss James key and former Porsche LMP1 manager Andreas Seidl.

With stabilization having followed last year's disruption, Brown sees an important campaign ahead.

"We're anticipating a good car," said Brown, speaking at last week's Autosport International Show.

"The off-season development has gone according to plan but you ultimately don't know what the competition's been up to and the competition's tough, and getting tougher.

"We need good feedback from [new drivers Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris]. This will be a much different car to 2018.

"We want them to race the field hard. Naturally team-mates race each other hard but they get along well, they are good guys and to move forward as a team we need them to bring both cars back in the points.

"They know that. That's the team goal," added Brown.

"All the men and women back at McLaren having been working extremely hard to make sure we build a better car than 2018, because I know these guys won't want to drive last year's car!"

Carlso-Sainz.jpg
©McLaren

While progress at McLaren is expected in the short term, Carlos Sainz was quick to remind the team's fans that returning the British outfit to the winner's circle is a long-term plan.

"McLaren has a very clear plan which is hopefully in the near future is to go back to what McLaren has always been, which is a winning team. But it is a long term plan - we cannot get overexcited," said Sainz.

"We know we need to work hard, and we know that the team last year was really far away from that.

"But we have sat down, we have seen together what we need to do to become bigger and stronger.

"I got to know the engineers in the team and they are very capable. I think we have a very good plan for the next two years, and hopefully that will bring us little by little back to the top."

#8 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 17:51

McLaren and Estrella Galicia have announced a long-term partnership that will see the Spanish beer company's brand represented on McLaren's F1 cars as well as on the team's drivers.

The collaboration is the first new sponsorship deal announced by the Woking-based outfit this year, and will help Estrella Galicia promote its flagship non-alcoholic beer Estrella Galicia 0,0.

As a long-time personal sponsor of Carlos Sainz - and also of Marc Marquez in MotoGP - the Spanish company is continuing its support of Sainz as the 24-year-old opens up a new chapter of his career in F1.

estrella_galicia_00.ai-converted.png

#9 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 21:49

Meklaren prvi ove sezone kresn'o bolid:

#10 djura.net

djura.net
  • Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 14:43

Brndzi rendza, dobio i aplauz na kraju, videcemo gde je na testiranjima koja samo sto nisu :)

#11 Doorn

Doorn
  • Members
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 14:33

McLAREN RACING ANNOUNCES GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO

#12 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 21:07

McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran says the team has not yet decided whether or not it will call upon Fernando Alonso to test its MCL34 during pre-season testing.

Rumors of the Spaniard's presence behind the wheel of the outfit's new charger gathered steam this weekend when the two-time world champion revealed on Instagram that he was in Woking.

Fans naturally speculated that Alonso - who retired from F1 at the end of last season - was perhaps present at the McLaren factory to prepare for a run at Barcelona when pre-season kicks off on February 18.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown recently said that Alonso's experience and talent could eventually come in handy at some stage to evaluate the MCL34, but de Ferran remained evasive on the subject when queried by Spain's AS.

"We do not know yet, we'll see," said the Brazilian who commended Alonso for his recent win in the Daytona 24 Hours with Wayne Taylor Racing.

"I have always said that for me Fernando is one of the best drivers in history. And his victory at Daytona underscored that once again. He's an incredible driver."

Looking ahead at the 2019 season in which McLaren is hoping to markedly improve its performance level, de Ferran remains cautious in his outlook, aware that in the past McLaren had often set big targets only to fall short of expectations.

"It seems to be going well," he said of the team's preparations.

"Obviously, to know how competitive it is going to be with the new rules, we have to wait and see it in the Barcelona tests."

Only an improvement on its 2018 results will due for McLaren insists de Ferran.

"We are all working to achieve that goal," he stated.

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 14:03

LandoNorris_MCL34_Launch.jpg

#14 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 16:48

12 odgovora? Jedna fotografija MCL-a 34? Nista bez mene :D

Mada iskreno, nije bas da se radujem 8. mestu u konstruktorima

#15 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 17:59

Ovo sto sam na brzinu bacio pogled - jako zanimljiv bolid. Puno finih detalja i resenja.