R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
921 replies to this topic

#1 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 20:27

zaista nisam siguran da li je bilo ovakvog topika do sada, ali mislim da je vreme da bar na ovaj nacin skrenemo paznju na neke ljude koje vec dugo gubimo. da ne pominjem ko je sve od velikih majstora rokenrola preminuo do sada i da pokusamo da se setimo svih onih koji, na zalost ili srecu (u ovom trenutku) cekaju na red.
ova tema mi je pala na pamet pre skoro godinu dana kada je zauvek otisao moj omiljeni ozi pevac i basista (usput iz meni najdrazeg tamosnjeg benda - POWDER MONKEYS!!) - TIM HEMENSLEY.

dakle, posto ne mozemo svi sve da ispratimo, a siguran sam da R'n'R warriors zasluzuju makar da na ovaj nacin neko cuje za njih ili sazna da ih nema vise medju nama, molim da svako ko sazna nesto o bilo cijoj smrti klikne na ovu temu i izvesti o bad news.

a bad news travel fast - danas mi je Mike Watt javio da je 'otisao' i Robert Quine, jedan od mojih omiljenih gitarista, a ko je slusao Richard Hell & The Voidoids zna o kome pricam. da ne bih vise gnjavio evo njegove biografije i par fotografija:

Posted Image

To those in the know, Robert Quine is one of the most original and influential guitarists of the past 25 years. A founding member of the groundbreaking punk rock ensemble, Richard Hell & the Voidoids, Quine has gone on to collaborate with a diverse array of musicians during his career, including: Lou Reed, Brian Eno, John Zorn, Matthew Sweet, Tom Waits, Lloyd Cole, They Might Be Giants, and Marianne Faithfull.

Quine's guitar speaks with a distinctive and versatile voice that immediately identifies him. Shrieks of feedback, throbbing drones, fractured chords, and keening lead lines are all part of Quine's sonic vocabulary - one that often leaves the listener feeling assaulted, yet enlightened.

Despite the sheer intensity of Quine's playing, it always strives to serve the music first and foremost. "I try to be spontaneous and creative, and generally pull it off," he says. "I've had a lot of influences but somehow have managed to come up with my own touch, my own style."

Posted Image

Born December 30, 1942 in Akron, Ohio, Quine took an early interest in music. He began listening to Brazilian folk music and Gene Autry records as a young boy, and his parents encouraged his interest by presenting him with a Django Reinhardt album. He studied piano briefly in the early '50s, but was transformed by the sounds of rock and roll when it hit in 1955.

Quine began guitar lessons in 1958, but was frustrated early on: "To find someone to teach you to play rock and roll then was rough. I had to figure it out on my own. A friend showed me an E chord and I figured it out from there." He got his first Fender Stratocaster - for years his signature instrument - after seeing his idol Ritchie Valens holding one on the cover of his first album.

As a college student in Indiana in 1961, Quine discovered the blues, after watching rock and roll devolve into a teeny-bopper phenomenon. He hosted a radio program on campus, playing the music of John Lee Hooker and Lightning Hopkins. The blues would make way for jazz, as he developed an interest in artists such as Kenny Burrell, Lester Young, and John Coltrane.

It was in college where he also started his first band, playing mostly covers by the likes of Link Wray, The Ventures, and Duane Eddy. By 1965 he was attending law school in St. Louis, and performing in a band inspired by early Rolling Stones and Byrds albums. At this time Quine discovered The Velvet Underground - a band whose influence would prove considerable to his development as a musician.

After passing the Missouri bar in 1969, Quine relocated to San Francisco. In a city populated by fans of the Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane, Quine continued to gravitate toward the strains of The Velvet Underground. He attended numerous Velvets shows at the Matrix, recording hours of their performances on cassette tape.

New York City was the next stop for Quine, arriving in August 1971. On the strength of his law credentials, Quine settled into a three-year stint writing tax law for Prentice Hall Publishing. "There's nothing more boring," he says, explaining his decision to drop law and make music his livelihood.

In 1975 Quine got a job at a film memorabilia shop, where co-workers included Tom Verlaine and Richard Hell. Quine eventually put a band together with Hell, recruiting Marc Bell (who would later join The Ramones) and guitarist Ivan Julian. In 1977, this quartet ­ Richard Hell & the Voidoids ­ released Blank Generation, a landmark album of the punk music era.

Twenty-three years and numerous session assignments later, Robert Quine's place in modern music - as a driving collaborative force and guitar innovator - is assured.

Posted Image

#2 lena lovich

lena lovich
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 23:41

Ronald Reagan, U.S. President

1) Shattered Faith - "Reagan Country" b/w "I Love America"
2) Non Phixon - "I Shot Reagan"
3) A.P.P.L.E. - "Impeach Reagan"
4) D.R.I. - "Reaganomics"
(the Happy Flowers version sucked!)
5) MInutemen - "If Reagan Played Disco"
6) Wasted Youth - "Reagan’s In"
7) The Fartz - "Battle Hymn of Ronald Reagan"
8) D.I. - "Reagan’s Der Fuhrer"
9) Prince - "Ronnie Talk To Russia"
10) Reagan Youth - s/t

#3 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 23:49

koji ti taj regan u rokenrolu.

#4 truch

truch
  • Members
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 23:58

Znam da nema bas neke veze....ali meni bilo mnogo zao kad je pre 10-ak meseci umreo Wesley Wills(tacnije 21 avgusta 2003)......od autenticnih ludaka ostao samo Daniel Johnston....smrc(ne daj se Kaspere i John Lenone)
:lol:

#5 lena lovich

lena lovich
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 23:58

Ma neki predsednik, od skoro mrtav, palo mi na pamet, inspirisao tolke ljude...

#6 Rostokovsky

Rostokovsky
  • Members
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 23:59

Ronald Reagan, U.S. President

1) Shattered Faith - "Reagan Country" b/w "I Love America"
2) Non Phixon - "I Shot Reagan"
3) A.P.P.L.E. - "Impeach Reagan"
4) D.R.I. - "Reaganomics"
(the Happy Flowers version sucked!)
5) MInutemen - "If Reagan Played Disco"
6) Wasted Youth - "Reagan’s In"
7) The Fartz - "Battle Hymn of Ronald Reagan"
8) D.I. - "Reagan’s Der Fuhrer"
9) Prince - "Ronnie Talk To Russia"
10) Reagan Youth - s/t

the clash sandinista

#7 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:47

Ma neki predsednik, od skoro mrtav, palo mi na pamet, inspirisao tolke ljude...

pa taj se mamlaz naziveo, a svirao kurcu citav zivot. e, jebem ti i zivot i sudbinu i sve, ma, i ovaj kurcevi forum!!
covece, pa 3 zivota Tima Hemensleya je to govedo prozivelo. serem se u bozju pravdu. idem da slusam POWDER MONKEYS i da ovim miliguzovicima bacim par fotki, da vide, makar da vide, kakav je to bend bio!! naucice kur moj :lol: . al' ko ih ''be!!

#8 liberty

liberty
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:30

Skenjao sam se kada je otisao Joe Strummer

#9 inkal

inkal
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 00:05

The webmaster at Richard Hell's website has posted the following message:
"It was suicide. He never recovered from his wife's sudden, completely unexpected death ten months ago. I don't know much more except that it's going to mess up many many people's minds. There was no one like him."

#10 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:04

da. upravo tako, na zalost. evo sta mi je juce napisao Ivan Julian, drugi gitarista u R. Hell & Voidoids (bio u BG-u sa Sonnyjem Vincentom proslog maja!!):

Dear Alex,

Thank you so much for writing me! Yes, this is very difficult news and a
very difficult time. Since Bob's wife died last August I have spent many
hours with him trying to help him through this because he is my oldest and
dearest friend. I knew he wanted to to this and I tried to convince him not
to and that there is more...

I so appreciate hearing from you because like Bob, you are one of the
special ones; one of the Music Lovers. If I don't answer your emails
immediately it is because I get caught up in stupid New York shit but I
always think of you and we will always be in touch.

As Ever,
Ivan

#11 Zildijan

Zildijan
  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 16:43

pre 3 dana ode i quorthon :lol:

Posted Image

"BATHORY mastermind Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg was found dead in his apartment in Stockholm, Sweden on Monday, June 7, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET."

"Legendary video director and founding BATHORY member Jonas Åkerlund has spoken to Sweden's Expressen newspaper about the passing of BATHORY mastermind Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg from what is believed to be heart failure. Forsberg, who was known to have been battling heart problems for years, was found dead in his apartment in Stockholm, Sweden on Monday (June 7). He was 39 years old.

"It's so sad. He had much more to offer," Åkerlund said.

Jonas, who formed the band with Forsberg in the early '80s, went on to have a successful video-directing career, having worked with the likes of METALLICA, PRODIGY, MADONNA and U2.

"[BATHORY came onto the scene] extremely early," Åkerlund said. "People like Marilyn Manson, Billy Corgan and the members of METALLICA have all come up to me and have told me that they listened to BATHORY."

According to Åkerlund, it was Thomas Forsberg's creativity that made the band such an influence on so many younger metal acts.

"[Quorthon] had a high cult status," Jonas said. "He wasn't interested in attention, he just wanted to play his music."

bio je veoma uticajan...

r.i.p. :lol:

Edited by Zildijan, 10 June 2004 - 16:46.

#12 garcia

garcia
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 22:27

Posted Image

PREMINUO REJ ČARLS | 22:45 -> 23:05 | Izvor: Beta
Los Anđeles -- Čuveni bluz i džez kantautor Rej Čarls preminuo je u četvrtak u 73. godini.

Njegov portparol Džeri Digni rekao je da je Čarls preminuo u svojoj kući na Beverli Hilsu okružen porodicom i prijateljima.

Pevač i pijanista poslednji put se u javnosti pojavio 30. aprila, pored holivudskog glumca Klinta Istvuda, kada je grad Los Anđeles pevačev studio, izgrađen pre 40 godina, proglasio za istorijski spomenik.

Čarls je od 1960. do 1966. dobio devet od svojih 12 muzičkih nagrada "Gremi", među kojima i za najbolju pesmu tri puta za redom - za "Hit the Road Jack", "I Can't Stop Loving You" i "Busted". Mada je napisana još 1931, pesma "Georgia on My Mind" postala je himna američke savezne države Džordžija tek 1979, puno godina nakon što ju je Čarls učinio standardom.

"Njegov zvuk je bio neverovatan - to je bio bluz, ritam i bluz, bio je to gospel, bio je to sving - to je bilo sve to što sam i ranije slušao samo sakupljeno u jednu čudesnu i duševnu stvar", rekao je muzičar Van Morison za aprilski broj magazina "Roling stoun".

"Rođen sam sa osećanjem za muziku. To je jedino objašnjenje koje znam", napisao je Čarls 1978. u autobiografiji "Brother Ray". "Muzika je kao deo mene... kao krv. Ta snaga je već bila u meni pre nego sam stigao na scenu. Za mene je to bila osnovna potreba, kao hrana ili voda".

Koja legenda :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baš mi je žao. Car.

#13 voja i

voja i
  • Members
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 22:36

Cure For Pain

Where is the ritual
And tell me where where is the taste
Where is the sacrifice
And tell me where where is the faith
Someday there'll be a cure for pain
That's the day I throw my drugs away
When they find a cure for pain
Where is the cave
Where the wise woman went
And tell me where
Where's all that money that I spent
I propose a toast to my self control
You see it crawling helpless on the floor
Someday there'll be a cure for pain
That's the day I throw my drugs away
When they find a cure for pain
When they find a cure find a cure for pain

Posted Image

"Everything will turn out all right, on the other side..." - Mark Sandman

July 3rd 1999

Lead Singer of Band Morphine Dies (1952-99)

The lead singer of the Boston rock band Morphine, Mark Sandman, has died of a heart attack at a concert outside Rome.
Sandman, 47, collapsed on stage in front of several thousand spectators just before midnight Saturday night. A doctor tried to revive him and failed, police said, and Sandman was pronounced dead en route to a nearby hospital.
The ANSA news agency said he collapsed during the group's second number at a concert at a three-day music festival at the Giardini del Principe in Palestrina outside Rome. The festival ends Sunday and ANSA said the final night will be dedicated to Sandman, who played bass, sang and wrote songs.
Morphine is a guitar-less trio which includes Dana Colley on saxophone and Billy Conway on drums.
The band started out playing loft parties and bars around Boston and Cambridge in the early 1990s and built a solid cult following. Morphine has released four albums: "Good," "Cure For Pain," "Yes," and "Like Swimming."

Posted Image

za koji dan ce biti punih pet godina.

#14 bokini

bokini
  • Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:23

Evo da pomenem frontmena grupe Queen- Fredija Merkjurija koji je umro 23 novembra 1991.

Velika steta za muziku, bio je jedan od najboljih vokala na svetu u jednoj od najboljih grupa svih vremena. :lol: Steta, da se nije zezao kao sto se zezao :lol: mozda bih sada gledao koncert Queen-a u Beogradu.

Mada, mozda svrate zajedno sa Robie Wiliams-om, vidim da on malo malo peva pesme Queen-a. Nesto se i pricalo (mada je propalo) da RW bude clan Queen-a na jednom albumu.

Cudi me da ostali iz Queen-a nisu zeleli da nadju drugog pevaca do sada. Mada vidim da malo malo pevaju na nekim koncertima. Kad bi ovoj ubogoj zemlji ukinuli vize, pa da skoknem do nekog od njih :lol:

SHOW MUST GO ON!

pozdrav.

#15 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:43

July 16, 2004

New York Dolls bass player Arthur Kane dies

NEW YORK -- New York Dolls bassist Arthur Kane died Tuesday night in Los Angeles due to complications from leukemia, the pioneering '70s glam rock group's manager told Billboard.com. Kane was 55. The reunited Dolls were fresh off a well-received appearance at Morrissey's Meltdown Festival in London last month and had also opened some of Morrissey's concerts in May in New York. It is unclear if the David Johansen-led group will still perform next month at Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival in New York. The Dolls are scheduled to release an album for Morrissey's Attack imprint in September, but no details have been revealed. Johansen is understood to be in Paris and is preparing a statement on the group's future. Kane is the fourth member of the Dolls to pass away, including guitarist Johnny Thunders, who died of a drug overdose in 1991.