R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
921 replies to this topic

#16 Nikola Kiric

Nikola Kiric
  • Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:01

Meni je mozda najtragicnija skorija smrt nekih muzicara slucaj Exploding Hearts - americki bend od pre neku godinu, izdali prvi LP (po mom skromnom misljenju najbolji power pop album koji sam ikad cuo), puno obecavali, a onda trojica od cetvorice iz benda poginu u saobracajki vracajuci se sa svirke...

Cujem da je umro i Zoran Bozinovic, ex-Pop/Rok Masina...

#17 copkillah

copkillah
  • Members
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:08

Evo da pomenem frontmena grupe Queen- Fredija Merkjurija koji je umro 23 novembra 1991.

Velika steta za muziku, bio je jedan od najboljih vokala na svetu u jednoj od najboljih grupa svih vremena. :lol: Steta, da se nije zezao kao sto se zezao :lol: mozda bih sada gledao koncert Queen-a u Beogradu.

Mada, mozda svrate zajedno sa Robie Wiliams-om, vidim da on malo malo peva pesme Queen-a. Nesto se i pricalo (mada je propalo) da RW bude clan Queen-a na jednom albumu.

Cudi me da ostali iz Queen-a nisu zeleli da nadju drugog pevaca do sada. Mada vidim da malo malo pevaju na nekim koncertima. Kad bi ovoj ubogoj zemlji ukinuli vize, pa da skoknem do nekog od njih :lol:

SHOW MUST GO ON!

pozdrav.

word.

#18 fancy

fancy
  • Members
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 16:26

John Simon Ritchie AKA Sid Vicious
Sex Pistols
May 10th 1957 - February 2nd 1979

Malcolm Owen
The Ruts
died on July 14th 1980 aged 26

Ian Curtis
Joy Division
died on May 18th 1980 aged 23

#19 fancy

fancy
  • Members
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 16:29

I naravno...
Za sâm kraj sedamdesetih, konačni udarac:

John Lennon
died December 8, 1980.

#20 Rain Girl

Rain Girl
  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 16:43

Ian Curtis
Joy Division
died on May 18th 1980 aged 23

Da...
Mislim da je zasluzio mesto u forumskom Holu slavnih!

Posted Image

Elliott Smith Dead at 34
[Updated Friday, October 24th, 2003 16:45:00 Pitchfork Central Time]

Will Bryant reports:
Elliott Smith has died at age 34, according to an obituary posted late Tuesday on Sweet Adeline, Smith's official website. Rumors had been circulating on the Internet yesterday afternoon about Smith's apparent suicide; by early evening, the overwhelming traffic from well-wishers and fans was crashing Sweet Adeline's discussion board. A handful of posts indicated that representatives from Smith's label, Dreamworks, were attempting to contact Charlie Ramirez, the webmaster for Sweet Adeline.

Within hours, Ramirez posted the following: "As you probably realize, I'm pretty devastated about having to say goodbye to Elliott... it's never easy to put into words what someone means to you... Elliott was such a lovely man... I will always have his love, kindness, intelligence, humbleness, creativeness, greatness and so much more in me forever because that's what he was and i'll always love him for being who he was... I'll miss you so much. We will all miss you. See you in heaven, Elliott."

Kill Rock Stars, who released Smith's 1995 self-titled solo album and 1997's Either/Or, changed their website's splash page to a pensive photo of Smith this afternoon in silent tribute to the beloved songwriter.

"We are deeply saddened by Elliott Smith's tragic death and send our condolences to his friends and family," read a statement posted by Dreamworks late this afternoon on the label's website. "He was perhaps his generation's most gifted songwriter. His enormous talent could change your life in a whisper. We will miss him."

Outside the Solutions! speaker repair shop on Sunset Boulevard, a makeshift memorial to Smith was assembled by fans on Wednesday evening. Amid assorted notes from fans, photographs, scribbled lyrics, memorabilia, and several dozen candles were empty bottles of Christian Brothers brandy and Johnnie Walker Red, a tiny lapel pin printed with the world "Happiness," and a picture of Smith emblazoned with the slogan "HERO." The broad facade of the store, with its bold red and blue stripes, served as the background for the cover of Smith's 2000 album Figure 8. Fans have begun scrawling messages to Smith between the stripes on the wall: "I'm damaged bad at best. You are deeply missed," read one such message.

New York City-area fans are arranging a memorial service for Smith at the Central Lawn in Tompkins Square Park on Sunday, October 26th at 5pm. "Many people expressed a desire to see this vigil... conducted near the area Elliott lived while he was here," one organizer of the memorial wrote. Smith lived in Brooklyn off and on between 1997 and 1999. Please contact the organizers at the E-mail linked below for more information on the memorial service.

Wire reports from the Associated Press and Reuters today confirm that Los Angeles county coroner's officials believe the death is a suicide, indicating that the singer's body had sustained a single stab wound to the chest. Smith was found by his live-in girlfriend yesterday afternoon, according to the AP report. He was rushed to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.

Smith had been working on his sixth studio album, From A Basement On The Hill, since late 2001. At various points, the self-recorded album was being shopped to indie labels and later, tentatively scheduled as a double-disc offering on Dreamworks' 2003 schedule.

Last November, Smith was reportedly involved in a scuffle with Los Angeles county sheriffs at a Flaming Lips show. Smith retained the services of an attorney in the matter, and had publicly sought witnesses to the incident on Sweet Adeline. Smith reportedly claimed his hand was injured in the fracas, causing the cancellation of at least one planned show this spring. But this wasn't the first time Smith had cancelled a show because of pain in his arm. A February 2002 London concert was postponed after Smith had flown all the way across the Atlantic-- claiming he'd slept on the arm during the flight. In May 2002, Smith flubbed more than half of his planned setlist at a Chicago show, again claiming difficulties with an uncooperative hand.

Smith's continued difficulty with live performances and the multiple delays with Basement-- including claims that Smith disappeared for days and couldn't be found-- led many to speculate that the singer might be using heroin or other hard drugs. Smith had written very candidly about past drug use in his songwriting, most notably in the 1995 track "The White Lady Loves You More." In January, Smith even played a benefit show for a free needle exchange aimed at preventing the spread of AIDS and hepatitis among intravenous drug users. And in a recent, extensive interview with Under The Radar magazine, Smith admitted having undergone an intravenous treatment meant to clear his body of toxins resulting from drug and alcohol abuse. The entire text of the interview (including some quotes that didn't make the print edition) can be found at the magazine's web site linked below.

Smith's new songs deal frankly and obsessively with drug use and suicide: a quick perusal of the Basement song titles alone yields the now-poignant "Memory Lane," "Strung Out Again," "Let's Get Lost," "Shooting Star," "A Distorted Reality Is Now A Necessity To Be Free" and "Fond Farewell." "Give me one reason not to do it," Smith taunts in "King's Crossing," another unreleased Basement cut.

I last saw Elliott Smith at the Henry Fonda Theater in Los Angeles nine months ago, a birthday gift from my girlfriend. Out of all the live shows I've ever witnessed-- and I've seen quite a few-- I've never left a show feeling more uneasy and concerned for the well-being of the artist performing. Smith's live sets have always been hit-or-miss; in particular, his live gigs from the past couple of years have often been marred by forgotten lyrics, butterfingers on his own florid guitar parts, and so on. But on this night, Smith performed beautifully-- mostly unaccompanied on acoustic guitar, but also with some spare drumming and backup vocals on a few songs.

It was his between-songs banter, fractured and urgent, that really fostered my concern. Smith couldn't have asked for any better-- a sold-out, shoulder-to-shoulder crowd, focused intently on the frail and inarticulate figure center stage. "My heart's weak because, like, uh..." Smith started at one point, trailing off in mid-sentence before launching into the obscure single "No Confidence Man." As soon as the song began, Smith became erudite, focused, passionate. Between songs, he stuttered and aborted sentences mid-thought, as if utterly unable to communicate without his music.

Smith was scheduled to play the Los Angeles-area incarnation of this year's All Tomorrow's Parties festival in November. As previously reported, Smith released the single "Pretty (Ugly Before)" as a limited-edition seven-inch on Suicide Squeeze in August; the single was expected to serve as a teaser for the forthcoming album. In June, Smith was awarded a "Best Rock/Pop Songwriter/Composer" award from the alternative paper LA Weekly.

Smith grew up near Dallas, TX, where he often had trouble fitting in and was physically and emotionally tormented by insensitive schoolmates. Smith went to high school in Portland, OR and attended college in Massachusetts. In 1992, Smith formed Heatmiser with bandmates Neil Gust, Tony Lash, and later Sam Coomes. Heatmiser released three albums and an EP, but it was Smith's self-recorded 1994 effort Roman Candle that drew attention to Smith's spare, confessional songwriting and innovative guitar work. After Heatmiser disbanded in 1996, Smith's solo career took off-- eventually landing the singer several songs on the soundtrack to Gus Van Sant's 1997 film Good Will Hunting, including the Oscar-nominated "Miss Misery."

Smith signed with Dreamworks in 1998, quickly serving up the baroque XO and ambitious Figure 8, backing both releases up with extensive full-band tours. Last year, Smith enlisted Flaming Lips manager Scott Booker to manage his career and shop Basement to indie labels. In the last ten months, Smith had played acoustic sets extensively across the U.S., including stops in Los Angeles, New York, Austin, Philly, and Hoboken. Smith's last public performance was at the University of Utah's Redfest festival last month in Salt Lake City.

In addition to his work with Heatmiser and his brief but productive solo career, Smith also lent his songs and musicianship to friends and fellow artists including Mary Lou Lord, Pete Krebs, Lois, The Spinanes, Quasi, No. 2, Guided By Voices, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, and Goldenboy.

Edited by Rain Girl, 17 July 2004 - 17:00.

#21 Rain Girl

Rain Girl
  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 16:45

Posted Image

3. 7. 1971: Doors' singer Jim Morrison found dead
Jim Morrison, the lead singer of American rock group The Doors has died in Paris aged 27.
He was found in a bathtub at his apartment at 17 Rue Beautraillis by his girlfriend, Pamela Courson.

Whenever a hero has been born or passed back into the void, the place is marked and sanctified. A temple is erected there to signify and inspire the miracle of perfect centeredness; for this is the place of the breakthrough. Someone at this point discovered eternity. The site can serve, therefore, as a support for fruitful meditation. . . the shrine or alter at the center being symbolical of the Inexhaustible Point. The one who enters the temple and proceeds to the sanctuary is imitating the deeds of the original hero.

- from The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell

...Here come the Comedians
Look at them smile
Watch them dance an Indian mile.
Look at them gesture
How aplomb
So to gesture everyone.
Words dissemble
Words be quick
Words resemble walking sticks.
Plant them they will grow Watch them waver so.
I'll always be a word man
Better than a bird man...

... Well I woke up this morning
Got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning
Got myself a beer
Well, the future's uncertain
The end is always near . . .

i tako dalje...

Edited by Rain Girl, 17 July 2004 - 17:37.

#22 Alje

Alje
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:40

Wednesday, December 11th, 2002

Stereolab's Mary Hansen Dead at 36

Posted Image

Mary Hansen, singer and guitarist for the experimental pop group Stereolab, died on Monday after being struck by a car while riding her bicycle in London. Martin Pike, co-owner of Stereolab's Duophonic Super 45's imprint with Tim Gane and Laetitia Sadier, was extremely saddened by the loss when we spoke with him via telephone this morning. "It's incredibly tragic," said Pike. "We're all going to miss her. It's just a bit too soon. Even though it happened on Monday, all of us only [recently] found out. We're all still very numbed by it all." The band's official statement reads: "The suddenness of her death has shocked the band. Mary was a special person. Our thoughts are with her family and friends who will miss her greatly."

Hansen, originally from near Brisbane, Australia, joined Stereolab in 1992 after the release of Peng!. She also contributed vocals to bands such as Moonshake and The Wolfhounds, and made appearances on releases by Mouse on Mars, Brokeback, and the High Llamas, whose Sean O'Hagan has been responsible for brass and string arrangements on many a Stereolab LP. Mary Hansen was 36.

#23 Sara

Sara
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:04

4 Oct 1970 Janis Joplin dies from a heroin overdose at 7047 Franklin Ave #105, Los Angeles CA. Joplin's body was cremated and the ashes scattered in the Pacific Ocean.

Edited by Sara, 21 July 2004 - 11:05.

#24 Sara

Sara
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:05

18 Sep 1970 Jimi Hendrix dies in London, having overdosed on a combination of barbituates and alcohol

#25 Sara

Sara
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:07

8 Apr 1994 Body of Kurt Cobain found, suicide shotgun blast to the head, Seattle WA.

#26 Rain Girl

Rain Girl
  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 14:13

Ladies!
Posted Image
On June 15, 1996, Ella Fitzgerald died in her Beverly Hills home.

Posted Image
Billie Holiday, a musical legend still popular today, died an untimely death at the age of 44, Friday July 17, 1959 at 3.10, age 44 in Metropolitan Hospital, room 6A12, New York.

Posted Image

Dinah Washington was only 39 and still in peak musical form when she died from an accidental overdose of diet pills and alcohol in 1963.

Edited by Rain Girl, 21 July 2004 - 14:53.

#27 Indy

Indy
  • Members
  • 21,392 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 14:45

Robert Palmer, nedavno.

Posted Image

Licno mi puno nedostaju genijalci iz sveta Jazz-a

Jaco Pastorius, zrtva nasilja 1987. Jedan od najboljih basista koje je svet ikad video...

Posted Image

Colin Wallcott, saobracajka 1984
Posted Image

Svirao je jazz sitar u bandu Oregon i Codona (sa Nanom Vasconcelosom i Don Cherry-jem, genijalnim trubacem i ocuhom Neneh Cherry - koji je pak umro 1995...)...

#28 Atreid

Atreid
  • Banned
  • 8,210 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 19:53

Previse ljudi nas je napustilo... ufff... majku mu...

Warren Zevon (1947-2003)
Miomir Grujic Fleka (1954-2003)
Dee Dee Ramone
Milan Mladenovic
Margita Stefanovic

#29 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 17:06

da se ne zaboravi!!

Posted Image

SAM PHILLIPS
He created the modern world with his ears and his vision. His life was amazing. His memorial service was amazing- I'll never hear as much swearing in a ceremony again. Jack Clement, Marty Stuart, Mike Post, Knox Phillips, Little Milton, and more gave music, stories, and testimony to his enduring influence. Fantastic video clips were played. Sam's pristine 1960 Cadillac sat onstage. It was a great send-off. Sam Phillips was one of a kind.

Posted Image

#30 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:19

ode i poslednji Ramone :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

Johnny Ramone of 'The Ramones' Dies at 55
Johnny Ramone, Member of Punk Legends 'The Ramones,' Dies at 55 After Battle With Cancer

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES Sept. 16, 2004 — Johnny Ramone, guitarist and co-founder of the seminal punk band "The Ramones" that influenced a generation of rockers, has died. He was 55.
Ramone, who had been fighting a five-year battle with prostate cancer, died in his sleep Wednesday afternoon at his Los Angeles home surrounded by friends and family, said the band's longtime artistic director Arturo Vega.

"He was the guy with a strategy. He was the guy who not only looked after the band's interest but he also was their defender," Vega said in a telephone interview from New York.

Ramone, whose birth name is John Cummings, had been hospitalized in June at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Johnny Ramone was one of the original members of the struggling Ramones, whose hit songs "I wanna be sedated" and "Blitzkrieg Bop," among others, earned them an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

Johnny Ramone co-founded "The Ramones" in 1974 in New York along with singer Joey Ramone, bassist DeeDee Ramone and drummer Tommy Ramone, who is the only surviving member of the original band. All four band members had different last names, but took the common name Ramone.

Joey Ramone, whose real name is Jeff Hyman, died in 2001 of lymphatic cancer. Dee Dee Ramone, whose real name is Douglas Colvin, died from a drug overdose in 2002.

Clad in leather jackets and long black mops of hair, the group started out in legendary New York clubs like CBGB and Max's Kansas City, where they blasted their rapid-fire songs.

Since its debut album in 1976, the band struggled for commercial success, but they left a formidable imprint on the rock genre. Though they never had a Top 40 song, the Ramones influenced scores of followers, including bands such as Green Day and Nirvana.

Even Bruce Springsteen was moved. After seeing the Ramones in Asbury Park, N.J., Springsteen wrote "Hungry Heart" for the band. His manager, however, swayed him to keep the song for himself and it became a hit single.

The band had encounters with other big names, including producer Phil Spector, who collaborated with the band in 1980. During the session, the late bassist Dee Dee Ramone said Spector pulled a gun on the band.

"The Ramones had it rough," said Vega, who's worked with the band for 30 years. "The band almost had to be protected from people who were taking advantage of them. There was never any money made."

Johnny Ramone changed that by demanding more money for performances, but still kept a close watch on the band's budget; Vega recalled how Johnny Ramone would insist that the band drive nonstop between Boston and New York for shows instead of spending the night in a hotel.

In addition to his financial conservatism, the guitarist was politically conservative the late Ronald Reagan was Ramone's favorite president, Vega said.

Fans have remained loyal to the Ramones, and the Ramones over the years have been loyal to their fans. In 1979, while shooting scenes for the film "Rock 'n' Roll High School," the Ramones ignoring the director's order played a concert-length session for fans who had paid to be extras, Vega said.

"The Ramones never ever lost their image, their aura of being the ultimate underdog, the voice of the angry young man," Vega said.

A tribute concert and cancer research fund-raiser was held Sunday in Los Angeles to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary. It featured performances from Los Angeles punk band X, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Henry Rollins and others.

Along with his wife, Linda Cummings, Johnny Ramone was surrounded at his death by friends, including Pearl Jam rocker Eddie Vedder, singer Rob Zombie and others. Other friends who gathered at his Los Angeles home included Lisa Marie Presley, Pete Yorn, Vincent Gallo and Talia Shire.

He is survived by his wife and his mother, Estelle Cummings. He will be cremated during a private ceremony.