• Please log in to reply
921 replies to this topic

#31 Rain Girl

Rain Girl
  • Members
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:21

:lol:
Sad sam htela Inkalov post da prebacim na R.I.P... preduhitrio si me...

O bre... :lol:

#32 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:39

Sad sam htela Inkalov post da prebacim na R.I.P... preduhitrio si me...

O bre... :lol:

sad sam tek video Inkalov post. jebi ga, retko otvaram copy/paste (zabole me da citam pesme za decu).

ma, jebem ti zivot! taman sam skuvao kafu, zapalio prvu pljugu i stize mejl od prijatelja. prelistam par stranica u neverici i to je to. kakav usran dan! ostade samo crni Tommy, a on mi, nekako, nije nikad bio 100% Ramone.

Edited by Bad Music For Bad People, 16 September 2004 - 12:40.

#33 Ajvoks

Ajvoks
  • Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 13:23

Jebem ti život. Znao sam da je gotov, al ipak... :lol:

#34 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 14:44

I am a tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tough tough guy
I tell no tales I do no lie
Halo round my head to tough to die

Main attraction in a freak side show
Down in the basement where the cobwebs grow
On my last leg just gettin' by
Halo round my read too tough to die

Rainy days rain cool wine
I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine
Hot sweat on my face
I feel like goin' out someplace

Too tough to die, too tough to die

Up late light my chocolate sweet
Down at the gym where the muscle boys meet
I am very nice guy very sincere
In real good shape I have no fear

At the concert when the band comes on
I am in the ring where I belong
On my last leg just gettin' by
Halo round my head too tough to die

Rest in peace, Johnny.

#35 Mogul is Stoned

Mogul is Stoned
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 15:00

Sranje, ...mnogo su brzo otisli

#36 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 16:12

Mike Watt: hey,

very sad about johnny ramone, he was always very nice to me.
he was part of some great music too. wish I had more time to write
but I have to leave for tour now... I'll think of him on this journey
much. hope he's jamming good w/joey and dee dee.

love from watt

#37 Born Too Loose

Born Too Loose
  • Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 21:33

hope he's jamming good w/joey and dee dee.

I ja se nadam istom. Jebi ga, trojica za tri godine. Mnogo brzo.

Vec pomenuh ovde, kad je otvoren post o njegovoj bolesti, jedna od slika iz proslosti koja mi se trajno urezala u pamcenje i ne bledi je kad sam bio na koncertu, kad su se svetla popalila prvo sto sam video je bio Johnny na ivici bine, rasirenih nogu jedno 3 i po metra.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Born Too Loose, 17 September 2004 - 00:21.

#38 Hippie

Hippie
  • Members
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 23:40

procitala vesti rano jutros... bas sam se iznenadila/syebala

jebiga... ode jos jedna legenda

#39 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:41

vazno da bitlsi ne mogu da odu prirodnom smrcu. zao mi je, ali oba su bila ubiVena (ajde, ovaj drugi nije rovnuo odmah).

#40 mokuci

mokuci
  • Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:13

Woke up thinking bout you today
Why does it have to be this way
We drove each other crazy
Bye bye babe Bye bye baby
Well I guess it's over and it's done
We had some good times and we had fun
We drove each other crazy I'll always love you

Bye bye baby Babe bye bye
Bye bye baby don't you cry
Bye bye baby babe bye bye
Bye bye baby don't you cry

Woke up thinking bout you today
Felt sad and lonely we drove each other
crazy I'll always love you baby

Well I guess it's over and it's done
We had some goof times-we had fun
We drove each other crazy I'll always love you

#41 inkal

inkal
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 21:31

Posted Image

#42 aenima

aenima
  • Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 21:58

sa projekcije dokumentarnog filma end of the century - the story of the ramones:

...But the biggest stars in the house were the ghosts of Joey and Dee Dee Ramone. R.I.P. (Rock in peace).... And word to Clash lovers: End of the Century features Joe Strummer's final interview (R.I.P. once more).
[Los Angeles Times]

...and once more.

'it's a very dark movie. it's accurate. it left me disturbed' - johnny ramone

click to enter

#43 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 17:07

sad cujem i Greg Shaw ode.

Posted Image

osnivac BOMP! RECORDS, VOXX RECORDS, BOMP! MAGAZINE. jedan od najvecih sefova garaznog R'n'R-a, covek koji je objavljivao Stooges, MC5, Flamin' Groovies, Dead Boys, Lazy Cowgirls, Dwarves....sve sto je imalo veze sa rokenrolom, narocito garaznim.

Co-founder of the legendary MOJO NAVIGATOR R&R NEWS, one of the earliest rock zines, based in San Francisco in 1966-67, and then of the ageless (WHO PUT THE) BOMP in L.A. during the '70s. Greg is one of the godfathers of rock writing and chronicling. His other writings include books, liner notes (recently the Rhino Nuggets boxes) and the sprawling, ongoing Bomp website. His Bomp Records label has issued (and reissued) countless classics of psych, garage and power pop, and launched many musical careers, including that of Iggy Pop. His most recent endeavor is "Bompbooks.com", which aims at being the definitive online rock bibliography. Further details and more biographical stuff may be found at the site. http://www.rocksback...iters/shaw.html

kraci intervju sa njim i Suzy Shaw:

Before the dawn of independent rock ’n roll as we know it today, before Dischord, before Touch & Go, before just about every independent label you’ve ever heard of, there was Bomp. Founder Greg Shaw started Mojo-Navigator Rock & Roll News in San Francisco in 1966. A few years later he started a little ‘zine called Who Put the Bomp! which featured such legendary writers as Lester Bangs, Greil Marcus, Dave Marsh and Richard Meltzer.

In 1974 Bomp released the Flamin’ Groovies’ “You Tore Me Down” as its first single, and from then on it was rock ‘n roll history. From Iggy Pop’s Kill City in ‘77 to the Black Keys’ first record in 2002, Bomp, and now Alive/Total Energy have been there. Since those halcyon days, the team has grown to include Patrick Boissel and Suzy Shaw, as well as a partnership with Anton Newcombe of the Brian Jonestown Massacre to form the Committee to Keep Music Evil, and is poised to document another 20 years or so of music history.

When exactly was Bomp formed?

Suzy: Many, many husbands ago, I helped Greg out with the first incarnation of Bomp magazine. The label
itself was started in 1974, and has continued relentlessly since then.

Who was on the roster in your early days?

Greg: The beginning was the Flamin’ Groovies, the Poppees, the Zeros, DMZ and the Weirdos. Briefly on the roster—but not long enough to make full albums—were Shoes and Devo. Then came Iggy, 20/20, the Last, the Romantics.

When were the Alive, Disaster and Committee to Keep Music Evil imprints formed, and why?

Greg: Anton of Brian Jonestown Massacre had a lot of ideas and bands he wanted to record, so in 1997, we agreed he should have his own production company, in partnership with us.

Patrick: Alive started in 1993. The catalogue includes the Black Keys, Boyskout, Thee Machine Gun Elephant, the Red Tyger Church and Two Gallants. In 2000 Duane Peters (U.S. Bombs) asked me to become his partner, and this is how Disaster joined the Bomp family. The Disaster roster includes punk bands like Union 13, Hunns, Briggs and the Kings Of Nuthin’.

Now that bands Bomp broke (Brian Jonestown Massacre, Warlocks, Beachwood Sparks, Spaceman 3) are on bigger labels, are you guys rich from sales of their back catalogs?

Suzy: Rich? Not really, and I totally forgot to save any money. Actually, if we were in any danger of being rich I’d work less. We do all right though, and the back catalogue does pretty well.

What are you most proud of?

Suzy: I’m pretty pleased with myself for making it all work this long, and never having to get a real job!
We all have our freedom—what more could we ask?

par linkova:
http://www.bomp.com/
http://www.bomp.com/Facts.html
http://www.alive-totalenergy.com/

#44 Bad Music For Bad People

Bad Music For Bad People
  • Members
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:40

ode i R'n'R baka, Cordell Jackson.

Posted Image

Cordell Jackson is best known as the rockin' grandma who plays rings around rockabilly guitarist Brian Setzer in a 1991 Budweiser ad. But to rockabilly and roots-music aficionados, she's better known as an early rockabilly pioneer, the first woman recording engineer in the U.S., an early woman record label owner, the first woman to write, sing, accompany, record, engineer, produce and manufacture her first record, and of course, the rockin' grandma who can play rings around Brian Setzer.

Originally from Pontotoc, Mississippi, she was born Cordell Miller on July 15, 1923. Her father, a fiddler, lead a popular local string band called the Pontotoc Ridge Runners. He encouraged the young Cordell to play music; she learned guitar, piano, and upright bass, and at age twelve she was performing with her father's band on his radio show in Tupelo. Later she added mandolin, banjo, and harmonica to her repertoire, but she's best known for electric guitar -- her trademark Hagstrom.

In 1943, she married William Jackson, and settled in Memphis. According to Kicks magazine, "It was either marry a country dude or a city dude, and I chose a city dude." In Memphis she joined the Fisher Air Craft Band, and wrote songs (she almost won a Hillbilly Song contest sponsored by Tex Ritter). But her entrance into rockabilly legend -- as well as into the lists of woman "firsts" -- began in 1947 with her purchase of recording equipment from Kabakoff Radio and Appliance in Memphis. With this installed in her living room, Miriam Linna writes in the liner notes to Cordell Jackson: Live In Chicago, she "took off taping songs and sing-alongs, and experimenting with local musician pals." She also wrote songs and recorded demos for other acts for Sam Phillips's Memphis Recording Studio before he started Sun Records.

Jackson created Moon Records in 1956, to record her own single, "Beboppers Christmas" b/w "Rock and Roll Christmas. She was soon in the business of releasing rockabilly singles by others. The best-known Moon act, Allen Page and the Big Four, originally came to Memphis to audition for Sun. Jackson says, "They aimed for the Sun and ended up on the Moon!" [Kicks magazine] Allen is best known for the moderately popular single, "Dateless Night," written by Jackson, and "She's the One That's Got It." The Big Four enter rock & roll history, at least as a footnote, as an early favorite and small influence on the Fab Four.

Locally active in Memphis through the 70s and 80s, Jackson worked up a humorous persona called Maxie Pearl, the alter-ego of Minnie Pearl, who chased money instead of men; recorded a novelty song called "Football Widow" which still gets local airplay in Memphis during the football season, and produced a Contemporary Christian radio show. But she received more national attention -- and international attention, within the European rockabilly scene --when the 80s rockabilly and roots rock revival caught up with her. Alex Chilton and Tav Falco got her playing to a new generation of rockabilly audiences . Tav Falco's Panther Burns covered "Dateless Night" and "She's the One That's Got It" and invited her to play with members of the bands between sets. In 1983 she released a 4-song EP if instrumentals on Moon, "Knockin' 60."

Discovering the Moon singles were collector's items, Jackson revived Moon Records in 1980 to release a compilation album, The 50's Rock on the Moon of Memphis Tennessee: An Oddity. The record itself is now a collector's item.

Most recently, Jackson released Cordell Jackson: Live in Chicago," on Bughouse Records. Recorded on November 16, 1995 at Schubas in Chicago, the CD showcases Jackson's growly guitar style and her boundless sense of fun.

Jackson remains something of an icon; a cherished and colorful character on the Memphis music scene, she opens her house for tours every August. She made a cameo appearance in the film Great Balls of Fire, and continues to flout conventions. Says Cordell: "If I want to wang dang rock 'n' roll at 69 years old dressed up in an antebellum dress, it ain't nobody's business but mine."

#45 Igrac na zici

Igrac na zici
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 23:40

Bruce Palmer - bassist for Buffalo Springfield on their classic protest song "For What It's Worth", died on October 11th, 2004 of an apparent heart attack. He was fifty-eight