McLaren - Renault 2018

• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

#76 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 23:36

Stofel je imao veoma lep period od Britanije do Japana, a onda se potpuno pogubio kao na pocetku sezone. Ne znam sta da ocekujem od njega. Malo me je razocarao. Ova sezona mu je realno bila za ocenu 5 na skali do 10, Alonsova mozda 7.5, eventualno 8.

#77 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 20:51

Podiums, wins on McLaren's agenda in 2018
Friday, 08 December 2017
Chris Medland / Image by Dunbar/LAT

_31I9735.jpg

McLaren executive director Zak Brown is targeting podiums and fighting for victories in 2018 with new power unit partner Renault.

A double-podium in the opening race of 2014 is the only time McLaren has scored a top three finish since the V6 turbocharged power units were introduced, with the past three years seeing the team struggle in partnership with Honda. Next season will mark the start of a new power unit supply deal with Renault, and asked if podiums and the chance to win is McLaren's expectation, Brown replied: "That's certainly our goal.

"We're very confident in the Renault engine. They've got a great history in the sport and won half the championships in the last ten, fifteen years. And of course it's a complete package: the drivers, the team, the chassis, the power unit and we're up for it, we're excited, we're well prepared. We think we have the tools that we need so podiums are what we are going to be going for, whether that's the third, second or first step – hopefully it's a combination of all the above."

Brown believes the works Renault team will also be a threat if power unit progress is good enough, a scenario he believes would be beneficial to F1 as a whole and could act as an example of what the sport should be targeting with its next set of power unit regulations.

"I would like to think that we are going to have a chance at winning," he said. "Renault's a great team, has won many races before and I think it would be very healthy for the sport to see five teams winning."

"What we would like to see in 2021 is a more level playing field so when the fans tune in to a Grand Prix they don't have it narrowed down to two or three drivers that they think are going to win the race, that they've got seven, eight or nine they've got to chose from. So hopefully next year can be the start of some additional teams winning."

#78 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 23:21

McLaren Senna name confirmed for 789bhp track-focused hypercar

macca_senna.jpg?itok=BM1FMSaP

mclaren-senna-1.jpg?itok=-zhCfrZ6

senna-mclaren-back.jpg?itok=q41ksqZP

#79 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 23:23

s2.jpg?itok=eqJZfRkk

ultimate_series.jpg?itok=BY_c6kjC

next_mclaren_ultimate_series_2.jpg?itok=

#80 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 23:55

Dakle ovo je naslednik P1 koliko sam ja razumeo. Lepo, ime projekta je P15. Samo da je brz, izgled nije bitan :wub:

DQo0jugV4AA1Au-.jpg

#81 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 15:35

Zak Brown has admitted it was "difficult" for McLaren to convince sponsors to join the British team amid its Honda crisis.

After three years with insufficient power and reliability, McLaren has dumped Honda and will use customer Renault power for 2018.

Brown, McLaren's commercial executive, admitted finding sponsors during the Honda period was "very difficult".

"Fortunately, I have experience in this area but I knew that during the season, you wouldn't find any new partners when you have the problems we had," he told Auto Motor und Sport.

"We could not sell to potential sponsors the story that things will get better next year. That was one of the reasons why we needed a new engine supplier," Brawn admitted.

"We had to prove we are willing to change things and keep our drivers. People still believe in McLaren, they believe in Renault, and they believe in Alonso and Vandoorne.

"So I can say now that our discussions with new sponsors have gone very well," he added.

#82 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 15:22

Alonso odradio "seat fitting" u novom bolidu

DQ2YO6bXcAUKZgU.jpg

Poklopac motora je drukčiji od prošlogodišnjeg modela, nema dodatnog ulaza ispod glavog. Evo usporedite:

hD4RYSCUc3adzDSGM7P0ijCFsdjstpqK__R3I166

#83 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 15:26

Meni je boja zanimljivija, ovo je nijansa Marlboro crvene...

#84 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 15:57

To je zbog osvetljenja, pogledaj samo sliku s prezentacije MCL32

33051231586_70ecbb3bf2_b.jpg

#85 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 13:26

Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren could become championship contenders as a result of its switch to Renault power units in 2018.

McLaren opted to end its Honda contract after three seasons of struggle, initially chasing a Mercedes deal earlier this year before announcing it would be supplied by Renault from next year onward. While Hamilton is confident Mercedes will again provide him with a car capable of winning the drivers' championship, he suggests his former team could make it a four-team battle for honors.

Asked when he felt he could win this year's title, Hamilton replied: "When I arrived for the first race. That's my mindset every season. I have that same mindset now for next year. When I'm training and preparing for a new season, I firmly believe that we can be contenders for the next championship. It may turn out to be not possible, but you have to have that mindset. If you go in with expectations of finishing fifth, it's not going to work. You've got to gear yourself up to win.

"Next year, McLaren will have Renault engines, then we may see four teams fighting for the championship. I think Red Bull will be quicker and Ferrari for sure will be fast again. We can't stand still – we have to keep moving forwards."

Nisam bas ubedjen da cemo od prve biti zreli za borbu za titulu, al' ako ti tako kazes... 0:)

#86 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 00:33

Koji car, koja hebena mirođija. Sledeće godine nam je cilj par podijuma (pobeda bi bila premija) a tek 2019 možemo ciljati na makar par pobeda.

#87 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 16:31

Boullier: McLaren must beat Red Bull and Renault
Friday, 15 December 2017
Chris Medland / Image by Coates/LAT

DJ5R3967.jpg

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says the team's target for 2018 has to be to beat fellow Renault-powered teams Red Bull and Renault.

Abu Dhabi was the final race for the McLaren-Honda partnership after three years of struggle as the only team using the Japanese manufacturer's power unit. Despite having no benchmark during that time, Boullier is confident McLaren has maintained a high level of chassis development that means it cannot aim to be anything other than the leading Renault team next year.

"We can't deny it's been three difficult years," Boullier told RACER. "On track, it has been very difficult. Off track, there have been some positives, and actually much more than you think. I think the strength of McLaren is to keep our heads down, and I'm quite impressed and proud to see these guys during the last three years being very disappointed by the on-track result but still pushing so hard to improve McLaren as a racing organization to be better, to deliver better, to adapt and to catch up with the best teams.

"They've been pushing to adapt to the new regulations and to make sure this new car concept which we introduced three years reached a decent level of performance. This has been achieved, which is a lot of reward due to the McLaren side.

"Now it's going to be a different engine partner, so there is obviously a lot of expectation. We have a good chassis and I think it's going to be important to see where we are now. We have competitors next year that are going to be Red Bull and Renault, we have the same power unit so we have to make sure we beat them. That's the target."

Asked if he has any fear that McLaren could be found to be lacking after such a fallow period, Boullier insists it is motivating to have a direct comparison in 2018.

"We didn't have any benchmark for the past three years, but not much for the years before as well except 2014," he said. "But definitely it's not a big pressure. It's why we are racing – to win. If you win, then you beat everybody."

Ljudi nemojte preterivati sa previsoko postavljenim ciljevima i ocekivanjima jer ako ih ne ostvarite razocarenje ce vam doci glave. Valjda ste nesto naucili od Japanaca za ove tri godine i videli gde takva politika vodi.

Od Renoa racunam da mozemo biti brzi, ali Red Bul je prevelik zalogaj. Egal sa njima bi bio vrhunski uspeh, a moja laicka prognoza je cetvrto mesto u konstruktorskom sampionatu, poprilicnan bodovni zaostatak za RBR ali cisto ispred "drugoligasa" (Fors, Vilijams, Reno i tako to drustvo).

#88 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 15:43

McLaren F1 boss Zak Brown says that the Woking team has attracted a lot of interest from new backers for 2018, but there are no plans to sell title sponsorship.

In the past, former McLaren team principal Ron Dennis suggested that the era of the title sponsor in F1 was gone, and Brown agrees with that view, despite the likes of Red Bull and Sauber attracting support for next season.

"I don't think we're going to have a title sponsor per se," said Brown. "What I think we're going to have are major partners.

"If you look at F1 no one really refers to the name of the team's title partner, so I don't think there's a lot of value. We're McLaren, we're not ABC McLaren.

"There's major branding, but we don't want to sell the title, we want to remain the name of the team – McLaren.

"In NASCAR the drivers are trained to get out of the car and say, 'I'd like to thank my Chandon Ford today.' That doesn't happen in F1, so we want to protect our brand."

Brown says that interest in McLaren has been stirred both by changes in F1 as a whole and the stronger situation of the team itself as it switches from Honda to Renault power for 2018.

"We have signed some sponsors, but I don't know exactly when we're going to announce them," he added. "We're not done yet, so all sponsors are welcome!

"We've got a lot of excitement. There's a good buzz around F1, TV ratings are up, live attendance is up, new owners, strategic vision, so there's momentum behind F1.

"And then there's momentum behind McLaren. We've got Fernando [Alonso], we've got Stoffel [Vandoorne], we've got Lando [Norris] coming through the ranks, we've got a new engine partner, so generally we feel that there's some wind at the tail, as opposed to a headwind."

Dakle i dalje nema znacajnijeg pomaka na polju sponzorstva a u timu se i dalje vade na to da je grozdje kiselo...

Le_renard_et_les_raisins_1900.jpg

#89 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 16:43

Dok se ne pokažu na stazi nema ništa na "lepe oči". Nažalost je to tako. Neka uzmu par podijuma i eventualno 3./4. mesto u plasmanu pa će im prići sponzori..

#90 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 21:47

Dobre vesti:

Setback of Renault switch was recoverable for McLaren
Friday, 22 December 2017
By Chris Medland / Images by Steven Tee/LAT & Sam Bloxham/LAT

_O3I5618.jpg

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says the delay to car development caused by the team's late switch to Renault power units has already been overcome.

A third season of struggle with Honda saw McLaren exploring the potential of a new power unit partnership in 2018, originally sounding out Mercedes earlier this year. Eventually it agreed to end its Honda deal early and signed a deal with Renault ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix in September, and Boullier insists the timing had little impact on the team's development plans.

"It went very smoothly," Boullier told RACER. "We maybe took a hit of two weeks at the most, but that's very small and recoverable.

"[The challenge of integration] is going to be no bigger than it was with Honda. Renault is used to working with several teams, so they are very well organized for this and to be honest with you, it's done today. All the engine and chassis designs are well integrated and now it's just about car performance development."

While Boullier is unwilling to put any kind of figure on the expected step forward from Renault now McLaren is developing a car with the French power unit in the back, he admits it has re-energized his team.

"It's better to not say anything because you're going to maybe create the wrong expectations and you're going to upset some people. I think the best thing to do is to keep it to ourselves and show it on track next year.

"It does [motivate the team], and it does make everybody in McLaren a little bit impatient to be in Melbourne, yes."

_W6I9912_edited.jpg

Boullier reiterated his desire to see the team fighting with Red Bull in 2018 but is wary of making too many judgments based on this year's performance level of each chassis.

"I don't know what they will do over the winter. Obviously there are a few aero changes in the regulations. They are definitely a reference, so for us it's going to be a target and I would like to be in a position to challenge them next year."

Ovo sto kaze na kraju, to sam i ja rekao vec ranije - sledecu sezonu nas ucinak treba da se meri prema Red Bulu. Titule, kamioni, avioni, o tome je jos uvek nerealno govoriti.

Cetvrto mesto na kraju sezone sa cistim odmakom od petoplasiranog, i ja cu biti superzadovoljan sa sezonom. Sve preko toga cisti bonus.