101. Indi 500

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#361 Jurgen

Jurgen
  • Members
  • 6,514 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 22:53

To je Marko, ume da vozi, sve OK, ali puca pod pritiskom cak i kad nema pritiska. I Rehol je do pre koju godinu bio isti takav, i onda je odjednom nesto kliknulo i poceo covek da pobedjuje. Kazu da su mu udaljili oca sa pitvola, i da je od tada postao smireniji. Ne verujem da bi bilo moguce udaljiti Majkla sa pitvola jer je on kljucni covek za strategije i sve u timu, tako da bi Marku mozda dobro doslo da proba da vozi za neki drugi tim. Ali, sa rezlutatima kakve ima, ko bi ga jos uzeo a da nisu neki rod?

Nego, Alonso nije pobedio ali nazdravlja s mlekom:

https://twitter.com/...934436435501056

:lol+:

Koliko se sećam, ranijih godina je znao da bude pri vrhu. Ovako napamet, mislim da je čak i drugi bio jednom... U poređenju sa timskim kolegama, bio je jako jako slab. A očekivao sam ga da se bori za pobedu i barem da završi u prvih 5. A on sa svim udesima i odustajanjima osmi. 

#362 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 23:06

Koliko se sećam, ranijih godina je znao da bude pri vrhu. Ovako napamet, mislim da je čak i drugi bio jednom... U poređenju sa timskim kolegama, bio je jako jako slab. A očekivao sam ga da se bori za pobedu i barem da završi u prvih 5. A on sa svim udesima i odustajanjima osmi. 

Da, u svojoj ruki sezoni je bio drugi u foto-finisu sa Hornisom, te godine je i pobedio u Sonomi. I nakon takvog debija evo ga u 12. sezoni sa sveukupno samo dve pobede. Mnogo puta blizu vrhu, ali uvek nadje nacina da uprska.

Cela KZS Alonso i Zak Braun: https://streamable.com/cvc9q

#363 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 00:16

#364 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 00:37

FPW17D74IMS-2581.JPG

Despite blowup, Alonso hits the mark at Indy
Sunday, 28 May 2017
By Robin Miller / Images by F. Peirce Williams/LAT % Jose Rubio/Sutton/LAT

His race ended like so many others have the past couple years – prematurely with smoke trailing from his broken Honda engine. But there was nothing ordinary or routine about what Fernando Alonso did this month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The two-time Formula 1 champion's initial run at the Indianapolis 500 was smooth, fast, impressive and wildly popular as he confirmed that he's not only one of the greatest drivers of the past several decades but he's also one of savviest.

He stepped out of his comfort zone and into the mayhem of oval-track racing at 220 mph with amazing aplomb.

"I know that I can be as quick as anyone in an F1 car but I didn't know if I could be as quick as anyone in an Indy car," said Alonso after starting fifth, leading 27 laps and handling traffic like a 10-year veteran before blowing up with 21 laps left while running sixth. "I came here basically to prove and challenge myself and the last two weeks have been a great experience."

Despite many of his fellow F1 drivers questioning his sanity for passing up Monaco to try Indy, Alonso welcomed a change of scenery. It's been four years since he won an F1 race because (Ferrari in 2014) and McLaren-Honda have given him dogs to drive. So from the first day he turned a wheel at IMS (May 3) to his splendid qualifying run to mixing it up for the better part of three hours on Sunday, he was back in his competitive element.

dcd1728my1054.jpg

"It was nice to have this competitive feeling, even leading the Indy 500," said the 35-year-old Spaniard, who made several nifty passes during the afternoon. "I was passing and watching the tower and saw 29 on the top of it. I was thinking at that moment if Zak (Brown, McLaren boss) or someone from the team was taking a picture, because I wanted to take that picture home."

After his McLaren-Andretti Honda coasted to a stop, Alonso got out and walked back to his pits amid a massive roar from the grandstands. It was cool to hear because the U.S. fans obviously got it and understood they'd just witnessed a command performance from a true racer.

"I want to thank IndyCar, Michael (Andretti), my teammates and Zak for this incredible experience," he said. "And thanks to Indianapolis and to the fans – I felt at home. I'm not American but I really felt proud to race here."

An Indy rookie in title only, Fernando is a free agent at the end of 2017 and he's said on a couple of occasions that he is an F1 driver who also wants to win Le Mans and Indianapolis but he'll be exploring his options for 2018 and beyond. Does he envision a return trip to IMS?

"If I come back here at least I know how everything is and it will not be the first time I do restarts, pit stops and all these kinds of things," he replied. "So it will be easier, let's say, adaptation. Let's see what happens in the following years.

"But I need to keep pursuing this challenge, because winning the Indy 500 is not completed."

#365 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:53

Nemam pojma o Indiu i ostalim ovalima jer ne pratim, ali me iteresuju dvije stvari vezane za Hondu:

Je li ovdje upotrbljavaju motore samo s unutrasnjim sagorijevanjem ili neku vrstu hibrida kao F1?

Vidim Takuma pobijedio, a na konbinezonu mu Honda, je li i on imao Hondin motor?

#366 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:35

Da, Sato je jedan od vozaca Andreti-Honde, Alonsov timski kolega ovde.

Indi motori su 2,2l V6 biturbo bez hibridnih zajebancija, lozeni na etanol.

#367 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:39

#368 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:26

Sato_milk_bath.jpg

Indy win helps 'correct' risky 2012 move - Sato
Sunday, 28 May 2017
By Laurence Foster / Images by Williams/Jose Rubio/Sutton/LAT

Takuma Sato says his 2017 Indianapolis 500 victory for Andretti Autosport is redemption for crashing out five years ago after an attempted last-lap pass on eventual winner Dario Franchitti.

2012, Franchitti took the lead from his Ganassi Racing teammate Scott Dixon on the penultimate lap, with Sato's Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing car following him through into second place. On the final lap, Sato attempted a pass on Franchitti in Turn 1, but spun and hit the wall (pictured below). Franchitti continued and won the race, with Dixon second.

Sato_Franchitti_2012.jpg
sato_2012_crash.jpg

"I do feel after 2012 that I really needed to correct something I left over," said the 40-year-old Japanese. "Today I was so happy that I made it and won in a good move, and I have to thank Michael [Andretti] for that.

"In 2012, going into Turn 1 with Dario was a big risk. But you always learn something from those situations, and this time we proved we had what it takes. When Helio [Castroneves] was coming with three laps to go, on a big charge into Turn 1, we went side-by-side, but this time I ended up still pointing in the right direction and still leading. It was job done, and the last two laps the car worked beautifully."

In seven previous Indy 500s, Sato's best start was 10th in 2011, with a best finish of 13th in 2013 and '15. This year – his first with Andretti – he qualified fourth, led 17 laps, including the final six, and set the race's fastest lap at 226.190mph.

"This whole month at Indy, we've worked seamlessly with my teammates through practice and qualifying," he said. "In the race, I just got on with my job, believed in the car, had fantastic pit stops from my crew, and we got it done. Whether it's the first or the eight attempt, this is the best place to win a race. It's the history, the fans going crazy – it's just superb and I love this place."

sato_arms_up_IMS_photo_.jpg

MILLER: Job done for Takuma Sato
Sunday, 28 May 2017
By Robin Miller / Images by IMS Photo, Michael Levitt/LAT

His creed has always been "no attack, no chance," but too often in his roller-coaster career it's been too much attack and end up in wall. His nickname could be "I'm Sorry."

So when Helio Castroneves drafted past Takuma Sato for the lead with six laps left in Sunday's 101st Indianapolis 500, you knew one of two things was going to happen: Either he was going to reclaim the top spot with a ballsy pass or he was going to crash trying.

The same scenario unfolded in 2012 when Sato tried to pass Dario Franchitti for the win on the last lap and wound up hitting the wall in Turn 1.

But on Sunday this diminutive daredevil from Tokyo made the biggest and best move of his life – an outside pass going into Turn 1 on Lap 195 that brought the crowd to its feet, restored a pulse to Honda's engineers and exorcised years' worth of demons for Sato.

Sato_sets_up_Levitt_LAT.jpg

He captured the 101st Indianapolis 500 in swashbuckling style and got to say his favorite line on the cool-off lap: "Job done."

Sato's smile said it all in Victory Lane. At age 40, driving for his fourth different team in eight years, he'd scored the biggest win of his life and the biggest ever for a Japanese driver.

"It's such a privilege to win here, whether it was your first or eighth time here or whether you had drama in the past, it really doesn't matter," he said. "Winning today is all that matters and it's just an incredible feeling.

16C_1961-1-2.jpg

"Today I was so happy that I made it and won with a good move."

Michael Andretti, who traded outside passes for the lead in Turn 1 with Rick Mears in 1991, watched Sato's winning move in awe and likely with one eye closed.

"When I was here they had the apron, the track was wider and it was easier," said Andretti, who led 431 laps but never won as a driver but now has five victories as a car owner.

"But Taku pulled it off and it was amazing. He drove so well today and I'm so proud of him."

In his inaugural season with A.J. Foyt in 2013, Sato looked like he'd finally smoothed out and was going to mesh that speed with results. He won at Long Beach, finished second in Brazil and was leading the points before free-falling to 17th in the final standings.

The past three years had been hits and misses, literally and figuratively, and it looked like the end of the road when A.J. switched to Chevrolet. But Honda came to the rescue and placed its national treasure with Andretti Autosport.

But after crashing in practice during the season opener at St. Pete it looked like same story, different year, although Andretti claims he wasn't thinking the worst.

"Bryan [Herta] and I sat down with Takuma after that and after that he qualified fifth and drove a good race (finishing fifth)," Andretti said.

"My impression has always been that he's a fast driver who's never really been on a great team and have the support we provide him. He's a good guy and he's technically savvy and he's fit right into this team."

Sato_japanese_flag.jpg

The coolest thing about Sato as a person is his likeability. He's unfailingly polite and always faces the music no matter how tough it's been some days. But what really rang true on Sunday as he drove into Victory Lane was the response he got from the crowd. They cheered his spirit and go-for-it mentality as much as the result.

"I love this place and not just because of winning," said Sato, who was on the F1 podium here in 2004. "The fans are so appreciative and I respect them. They give me great speed and confidence. It's a fantastic feeling."

He already had hero status in Japan with the fans and Honda of Japan, but he elevated his stature even more Sunday with American Honda and Honda Performance Development. Honda's drivers dominated the race, leading 184 of the first 195 laps as Andretti often ran 1-2-3 before Ryan Hunter-Reay and Fernando Alonso blew up.

It was crunch time and a three-time Indy 500 winner was suddenly leading with six laps to go over a driver that had always been fast and furious but not able to close the deal.

That's when Sato delivered. Job done.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 29 May 2017 - 03:27.

#369 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 15:43

Zvanicni rezlutati i statistika: http://www.imscdn.co...re - Sunday.pdf

#370 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 18:15

#371 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 19:03

Sato_flag_lepage.jpg

Sato hopes win opens door for Japanese drivers
Monday, 29 May 2017
By Marshall Pruett / Image by Scott LePage/LAT

Takuma Sato isn't just the elder statesman among Japanese IndyCar drivers, he's the only Asian driver left in the field. The 40-year-old, now an Indy 500 winner, would love to see his victory serve as an inspiration for more of his countrymen to choose the American open-wheel scene in the years ahead.

"I certainly hope so," he said Monday morning, coming off four hours of sleep. "I want to see the new generation. I mean, as long as I can drive, I want to teach them, of course, but beat me and come up and then get even better. I think that there is a lot of potential young Japanese drivers out there, and there is a few of them in Europe.

Unfortunately we haven't really seen the up-and-coming young Japanese drivers in the States. But after this result, I'm sure there's many, many drivers who wanted to achieve [an Indy 500 win]."

Using the financial support of Honda or Toyota, it was commonplace to have a few Japanese drivers racing in CART, Champ Car or the IndyCar Series in the 2000s, but that practice has come to an end in its widescale form. Although Honda plays a key role in Sato's ongoing place within IndyCar, the Tokyo native hopes a renewed effort to groom Japanese talent – starting with the Mazda Road To Indy ladder system – will come from his Indy 500 achievement.

"Here in the States, there is a great pyramid and scholarship system from Indy Lights [to] IndyCar," he said. "There's always great opportunity, and Honda is committed for this series, and I'm here to help anything."

#372 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 20:26

indycar-indy-500-2017-scott-dixon-chip-g

#373 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 20:46

WTF? Sta je ovo bilo sa Kastroneves-om? Od cega je on odskocio ovako? ili se neko zaigrao u PS-u

Aha, sad vidim na usporenom, grba na stazi.

Edited by Dzoni_m, 29 May 2017 - 20:48.

#374 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 21:27

Pod normalnim okolnostima tamo se ne ide, odmah iza ovoga je trava. Pogledaj video sa KZS gore sto sam okacio, prepricava ceo "dozivljaj", kaze da je krenuo dole da izbegne udes i kad je video da Dikson leti prema njemu samo je zazmurio. Otvorio je oci kad je blid poskocio i vec je bio na travi i morao da spasava da se i on ne slupa.

#375 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:36

Fernando Alonso je na kraju nešto ipak osvojio- Ruki Godine

DBCIuJFXgAAIAzk.jpg

Kao što je i rekao, došao je ovde da se zabavi i da nauči nešto novo. Pobeda bi bila bonus al se nije desila. Sledeće godine dolazi u Indijanapolis s pregršt znanja i iskustva tako da će juriti na pobedu. Samo treba to dočekati...