Photo
- - - - -

Povratak Renoa kao tima?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
258 replies to this topic

#241 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 15:48

ALO - GRO dogodine?

#242 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 16:47

Secas li se onih 20 maraka? :D nisi se opekao tada? :D

Edited by 4_Webber, 04 February 2016 - 16:48.

#243 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 17:42

Renault is aiming to add 200 staff to its Enstone chassis factory by the end of next year. "A lot of positions are opening up," admitted chassis technical director Nick Chester during Wednesday's Paris launch.

When the team was sold by Renault to Lotus some years ago, it was downsized and the current head-count is 450. "By the end of 2017 we want to have 650 people at Enstone again," confirmed managing director Cyril Abiteboul. 

#244 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 17:44

Ex-Ferrari engineer Dyer joins Renault

Former Ferrari chief engineer Chris Dyer has joined the recruiting Renault works team as Head of Vehicle Performance Group, the manufacturer has confirmed to GPUpdate.net.

Dyer started his Formula 1 career with Arrows in the mid-1990s, before moving to Ferrari and acting as Michael Schumacher's race engineer for his 2003 and 2004 title-winning campaigns.

Following Schumacher's exit from the team, Dyer went on to engineer Kimi Räikkönen, playing his part in the Finn's 2007 title triumph, and was later promoted to Chief Track Engineer.

Dyer was replaced by Pat Fry for 2011, however, after a strategic error at the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix saw Fernando Alonso lose the championship to Red Bull rival Sebastian Vettel.

Dyer officially left Ferrari in 2011 and joined BMW's DTM programme in 2012, serving as Chief Engineer, but will make a return to Formula 1 this year, having agreed terms with Renault.

While Dyer arrives at Renault for the 2016 season, Ayao Komatsu, previously Lotus' Chief Race Engineer, switches to the arriving Haas F1 Team, following in the footsteps of Romain Grosjean.

http://www.gpupdate....f1-news/335209/

#245 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 17:49

Renault Sport F1 boss says new engine represents 'biggest step

Renault Sport's new 2016 power unit will represent the biggest step the company has made since the start of of the hybrid era, according to general managing director Cyril Abiteboul.

Renault was slow to use its token allocation last year, although an upgraded engine was seen briefly at the end of the season.

Abiteboul admits while progress is only relative to what the opposition has also achieved over the winter, Renault feels that it has made a big step.

"It will not be minor relative to us," Abiteboul said when asked what sort of improvement would be seen. "The question is how that compares to the rest. It relates to what Mercedes and Ferrari and Honda have done. But it is a big step for us. It is the biggest step since the new regulations have been introduced."

Meanwhile Remi Taffin -- who now carries the title of technical director at engine base Viry-Chatillon -- confirmed that there will be further developments as the year goes on.

"The power unit we will use in Melbourne is a continuation of the work we started last year, and some add-ons push the concepts further," Taffin said. "We also have some other areas we are working on so there will be further refinements coming throughout the season, but what we will see in Melbourne will already be a substantial step up from where we left off in 2015. However, we have to look at 2016 as laying the foundations for 2017 when we expect the partnership to have matured."

Taffin says that Renault learned from last year's development program.

"If we look back to 2015, we introduced some new concepts late in the year with the 'Spec D' power unit," he added. "While we did not use all the concepts we developed at that point, the track test in Brazil gave us some very useful information. In particular, we worked on the combustion chamber and the turbo to bring additional performance without sacrificing reliability."

http://www.foxsports...biteboul-020416

Muzika za moje uši..videćemo da li su prazna obećanja

#246 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 18:45

Renault says it is not surprised by comments made recently by Dr Helmut Marko.

After a long period of tension between Red Bull and its engine supplier, they will effectively be competitors in 2016 after Renault took over the Lotus team.

Red Bull, now effectively a paying customer, will still be powered by Renault but the engines have been de-branded as the carmaker focuses on its new works project.

Marko said in mid-January: "When I consider the current Lotus team, which is now the Renault factory team, if they (Renault) were in their right mind they would put everything on us."

When asked about the comments, Renault's engine chief Remi Taffin said: "If I was Dr Marko, that is exactly what I would say, as he has his own team and wants the best for it.

"In fact, I'd be surprised if he had said otherwise," he is quoted by Brazil's UOL.

Taffin also said that when Renault ups its game on the engine side, Red Bull will once again have a competitive package because "we know that they are able to make a good car".

"It will be a good battle. I would be happy to be able to fight with Red Bull, hopefully with us winning of course," he added.

Red Bull has been promised engine equality with the works team, Taffin added, even though Red Bull may be "out of sync" at times as Renault pushes development.

#247 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 19:44

Vasseur: McLaren would not let Vandoorne go

Newly-appointed Renault racing director Frédéric Vasseur reveals that the French constructor could not hire Stoffel Vandoorne to replace Pastor Maldonado due to McLaren’s reluctance to let the Belgian ace go.

Vandoorne won the GP2 Series in dominant fashion last year with the Vasseur-led ART Grand Prix team, but the 23-year-old had to settle for a reserve driver role at Woking after McLaren picked up Jenson Button’s option for 2016.

With Maldonado’s contract looking less and less secure over the winter, rumours about a potential Vandoorne/Renault tie-up started surfacing. However, Vandoorne himself dismissed the speculation in a phone-in interview with reporters last month.

“There have never been discussions with them,” he said. “I am contracted to McLaren, I believe in this team and it is where I want to be. Hopefully we can have a good future together here.”

Having successfully negotiated Esteban Ocon’s loan from Mercedes, Vasseur hints that Renault tried proceeding likewise to offer Vandoorne its second race seat alongside Jolyon Palmer. But to no avail.

“We had to forget the idea of hiring Stoffel,” Vasseur told Belgian publication La Dernière Heure. “He has a McLaren contract and the team did not want to let him go. We needed a driver who was available and that’s how we chose Kevin [Magnussen].”

The irony is that Vandoorne earned his reserve promotion after the Dane had been dropped by McLaren.

http://en.f1i.com/ne...doorne-go.html?

#248 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 20:41

Prika, zelim vam sve najbolje ali ovi moji ako puste da im Fandorn procuri kroz prste bi bili debilcine nad debilcinama. A nadam se da to nisu, tako da nemojte ni da sanjate o njemu. :)

#249 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 20:47

ALO - GRO dogodine?

Prika, zelim vam sve najbolje ali ovi moji ako puste da im Fandorn procuri kroz prste bi bili debilcine nad debilcinama. A nadam se da to nisu, tako da nemojte ni da sanjate o njemu. :)

Ja bih voleo da vam zatreba dogodine. I za cenu da dodjem Webberu još dvaJes dojčmarke.. :lol+:

#250 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 20:49

Sviđa mi se kako Vasseur razmišlja i traži nove klince.

Rendža će imati postavu sa najmanje iskustva 

#251 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 21:07

Ja bih voleo da vam zatreba dogodine. I za cenu da dodjem Webberu još dvaJes dojčmarke.. :lol+:

:rotflmao:

#252 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:53

Alain Prost has confirmed to MotorSportsTalk that he will not have a role within the revived Renault Sport Formula 1 Team’s management.

“I decided for sure, not so long ago. I prefer to be away from the operational work because it’s too complicated anyway with Formula E and the ambassador role and Canal+ [in France] and maybe Channel 4 [in Britain], different things that I have to do,” Prost said.

“I cannot do things everywhere, it does not work anyway. I think also the image could create more problems than advantages, especially for the management. They have a structure.

“It’s going to be tough at the beginning. I’ll let them work and I’ll still keep my role of ambassador and different things.”

#253 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 16:40

Ilmor only working on Renault's ICE – Bell

New Renault chief technical officer Bob Bell says that Ilmor Engineering is only helping the French constructor develop its internal combustion engine (ICE).

Renault has taken on the services of engine designer Mario Illien’s company in order to boost power unit development, having suffered from poor reliability and performance in the latest turbo era.

Bell, whose return to the Renault fold was confirmed during last Wednesday’s launch in Guyancourt, took the opportunity to give more details about what Ilmor’s input entails.

“[They] will only be involved with the development of the internal combustion side of the engine, they don’t at the moment have expertise in the electrical side,” the ex-Mercedes man said.

“We will be working very closely with them, as an extension of our existing capability, to develop the internal combustion engine.”

Ilmor is most renowned for its work with McLaren-Mercedes, which started in the mid-1990s and resulted in a multiple race wins and several championships for the British team. Mercedes’ current High Performance Powertrains department in Brixworth is actually stemming from the Mercedes-Ilmor collaboration.

Speaking about company boss Illien, Bell, who most recently served as a technical consultant to Manor, added:

“Mario is a very, very creative engine designer with bags of experience as well, so it’s great to have his input on the creative side without question. But it’s more than just trying to extract bright ideas from Mario.

“Renault are not short of bright ideas of their own, they have lots of very clever people within their own organisation.

“It’s as much about having increased capacity – more dyno capacity, more engineering capacity – to just bring the level up a little bit more.”

Renault managing director Cyril Abiteboul also revealed on Wednesday that new technical partner Infiniti will contribute engineering resources to team's energy recovery systems (ERS) in the future.

http://en.f1i.com/ne...-ice-bell.html?

#254 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 16:43

Renault engine programme focusing more on 2017

Renault has said it will have to be 'humble' this season with its engine programme aimed more at 2017.

Renault will return as a full works entrant this year, having re-purchased the Lotus F1 Team, but will also continue to supply Red Bull, despite the fact relations soured considerably in 2015. Renault has struggled the last two seasons under the V6 turbo regulations and engine technical director, Remi Taffin has conceded 2016 is not the prime focus.

“There is a stepped programme but the programme is made for 2017,” he confirmed. “Obviously, we're racing every other weekend in '16, so if we can put some more performance, we will. But it will still be driven by the fact that 'is it a good thing for '17?' – 'Yes' – 'So we do it', because for '16, we have to be humble. We want to finish races. We want to be quicker and quicker. We'll see how we develop that strategy. But it will be based on how we get to next year.”

Quizzed on how different the 2016-spec Renault engine will be to that used in 2015, Taffin added that the main work over the winter has focused on the internal combustion engine and the turbo.

“Basically, we've kept on developing the specification we had for the end of last year. It's just ongoing development. It's going to be different. It's mainly ICE and turbo. The ERS systems [Energy Recovery Systems] are under control and where we wanted it to be at the moment. It's not the big part of what we have to work on.”

Pressed on how much of a performance step Renault will make, Taffin noted that he expects the new unit to be the 'first half of the step' to closing up to Mercedes.

“We're looking at the first half of the step we're having to [take to close the gap] to Mercedes. I say the first half because we never know how much the competitors will improve over the winter. If we were one second down last year, maybe we will get back three or four tenths. That's the sort of things we're looking into. But again, we'll see what we've got at testing and races.”

http://www.crash.net...tm_campaign=rss

#255 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 15:58

Roberto Merhi is still not ruling out keeping a role in formula one for 2016.

The Spaniard raced with Manor for most of last season, but was ousted late in the championship as the better-funded Alexander Rossi took over.

It is not believed Merhi is in the running to stay at Manor for 2016.

Instead, Spain's Marca speculates that the 24-year-old, who is training hard with cycling and running at present, could be a test driver at Renault.

That is despite the fact Renault's Paris launch took place without Merhi, but he told the publication: "Everything can change in a few days so there are still options to continue in F1.

"I hope to hear something firm this week and be able to announce something in the coming days," Merhi added.