Photo

Radmanovic na draftu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex
  • Members
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 23:47

SECOND biggest buzz out of Chicago's Hoops Gym (next to Michael Jordan's full court romps against top pros) was the provocative play of Vladimir Radmanovic, who put on a 60-minute show for about 100 NBA scouts, coaches and GMs, in Chicago for the NBA's pre-draft camp.

The 6-10 Yugoslavian dazzled his audience with his ball-handling skills and shooting ability, reminding everyone of Peja Stojakovic. Sources are saying Radmanovic is guaranteed to be drafted top ten later this month. The team that selects him must ante up 300G to buy him out of his Belgrade contract.

I don't know everything about what Doc is talking about, but I can stress that he is as accurate as ever. Many things that are coming out right now, like Radmanovic's workout, he informed me of on the very day it happened.
What's frustrating though is that was to be kept quiet, so we sat on that scoop... I just knew it was going to come out soon enough, though it stayed hidden longer than I expected.

The thing is though it was reported he had a "good" workout. He didn't just have a good one, he had a brilliant one. "Unreal" was the word used... emails in ALL CAPS. "If the draft was held that day,
we'd take him". Radmanovic kicked serious, serious ass in the workout and obviously a player like that, not expected to go in the first round in some mocks, you want to keep quiet on. So when it came out, it's like, "Damn... all for nothing."

It seems as though the press is high on Rad from Euro - they have good reason! DUNK....ON......RAD!!!

The "dunk" referred to here is probably in regard to the dunk Radmanovic unloaded in a certain Rockets coach's face... it had a lot of people talking.

What concerns me about Rad's workout is he had one of their best ever.... which eerily reminds me of Mirsad Turkcan's workout in 1998 -- at the time dubbed one of the best ever.

I WANT MO T TO STAY - personal input!

Perhaps a reference to Mo T also wanting to stay? Don't know. He apparently told the Rockets play SF if needs be, because the Rockets still believe they can get Chris Webber. Rumor is Webber will be in Houston around draft time.

Tale of two Ken's! What a great read!!

In reference to two Kens possibly being on the Rockets: Kenny Thomas and Ken Johnson. (if the Rockets use their picks)

The knock on Johnson is his offense... he had no problems in the Rockets' workout, nailing shots from all over the floor. Very impressive workout... Rockets like him. They think it's a shame if he gets drafted somewhere and doesn't get playing time. Even if it's in Europe they feel he has to get minutes. He's a strong candidate at #23.

Here's one thing - Walt was gone, the other team dropped out and it was not pursued because the guys want him and they felt the return and the situation was not good for anyone!

Walt has definitely been offered around. He was originally packaged along with the #18 to Vancouver, but from what I understand, Vancouver didn't want that. That was also before the Pistons deadline. So I don't know of a deal that had Walt already gone (meaning a team agreed to a deal and then opted not)...

In regards to workouts, Joe Johnson had a truly exceptional workout in Houston as well. The Rockets feel he will be gone before double-digit picks but that he could start right away at SF and would probably be a star in this league.

I don't understand the Shandon Anderson returning stuff. If he gets a good offer elsewhere, I bet the Rockets don't put up much of a fight to keep him on board. My gut feeling is he's probably gone (though personally I think the Rockets should keep him)

The Rockets have been trying to trade up since... oh, 1997. So this is nothing new. In 1998 they had #14, #16 and #18 but couldn't move up. But for some reason they're very confident about moving up this year. They have been trying to trade up for about a month, and there are teams willing to move down, so I bet something does happen. No mention of New Jersey, though that doesn't mean they're not talking. I do know though they're still talking with Vancouver.

With regards to Gasol, I have heard nothing about his workouts to be honest, but I do recall the Rockets were really trying to move up in 1998 and were very high on Nowitzki, so if they feel this guy is cut from the same mold it doesn't surprise me Rudy is high on him. Also they loved Mike Miller last year... gut says Rudy loves the big small forwards who can shoot and create mismatches.

Grant Hill is not untouchable. Moochie Norris is still very important to the Rockets' mix and is a priority. No way do I see the Rockets using all 3 picks (3 rookies plus 2 second-year guys in Collier and Langhi would be about half your roster)... if they can't move up they'll probably unload a pick.

That's about it for now...

------------------
NOTHING BUT .NET
CLUTCHCITY.NET

#2 Goranz

Goranz
  • Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 00:06

Radmanovic nema pojma...

#3 Alex

Alex
  • Members
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 00:15

Ko da sam mogao nesto pametnije da ocekujem od tebe...

#4 veliki_lebowski

veliki_lebowski
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:01

Goranz:
Radmanovic nema pojma...

Izvini sa tobom nemogu da se slozim.
Momak je stigao na draft,sto tebi nikad nece poci za rukom (dok je on dan provodio na terenu ti si jurio ribe po Bgd ,raspadao se i blejao)i ako imas 190i nesto santimetara i predispozicije za kosarku ali posto si lenj ti umes samo da drobis koliko su drugi losi
Jako si me razocarao ne zbog samog Radmanovica vec zbog stava "Radmanovic nema pojma..."a sam znas koliko je truda potrebno da ulozis da bi se nasao na draftu ili neznas pa zato i tako pises!

#5 Goranz

Goranz
  • Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:05

Radmanovic je najbolji...

#6 Zekaleon

Zekaleon
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:07

Radmanovic sux

#7 veliki_lebowski

veliki_lebowski
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:08

Goranz:
Radmanovic je najbolji...

:smile:
vidim pun si entuzijazma

#8 Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze
  • Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:30

Covek se preobrazio

#9 Goranz

Goranz
  • Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:33

Covek?Imas suvise visoko misljenje o meni...

#10 Nightwolf

Nightwolf
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:34

Radmanovic je kralj, car, prvak u skoku u dalj, samo je mal' glup...

#11 veliki_lebowski

veliki_lebowski
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:39

znas li onu licku poslovicu:
Mali ljudi da nesto vrede oni bi porasli

#12 Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze
  • Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:46

Goranz:
Covek?Imas suvise visoko misljenje o meni...

"Covek" sam rekaom radi izraza , jer kako bi na primer zvucalo (ponavljam na primer) (i jos jednom ponavljam na primer):
Homo Monopoliens se preobrazio
????????????????????????????
(ponavljam ovo je bilo na primer)

#13 KRAKI

KRAKI
  • Members
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 03:36

Goranz nema pojma!!!

#14 Goranz

Goranz
  • Members