Opste diskusije

• Please log in to reply
8723 replies to this topic

#7621 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 20:37

Povodom nestavljanja više ženskih mečeva na glavne terene, upade mi u oči ovo opravdanje organizatora:

Jesam li to nešto propustila? Endi je strašan igrač i sigurno ga čeka Kuća slavnih, ali meni se čini da all-time great treba još malo popunjeniji kurikulum da ima...  -_-

Pa trude se da mu pripomognu da popuni praznine :D a mozda se racuna i to sto je on Sir ;)

#7622 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:03

https://www.wimbledo...nd_results.html

DEhKV7uXYAMCdW1.jpg

http://www.tenniswor..._medium=twitter

it's hard to say that Djokovic should be on Court Two.

Novak da bude srecan sto ga nisu poslali na C18 (gde mora helikopterom da stigne, sto rekla JJ onomad :D )

;)

'We are very happy with the courts.

We are 100 percent confident in them... I had a look at Centre Court yesterday and I think it was as good as I have ever seen it. We respect the players' views. Players in the heat of battle will have their views. In the end all we can go by is what we go by every year.

The groundstaff have won awards over the years, there is a reason for that ... I haven't seen many players slipping... I haven't seen many players fall.'

;)

Edited by wwww, 12 July 2017 - 09:05.

#7623 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:17

Genny SS @genny_ss 28m28 minutes ago

1f914.png1f62e.png1f633.png1f910.png -> Out of the last Fed's 50 matches at Wimbledon, 44 have been on CC (on a current run of 12 in a row) & 6 on Court 1

Pedro Hernandez @PedrotenisBcn

De los últimos 50 partidos de @rogerfederer en @Wimbledon 44 han sido en central y 6 en la pista uno. El suizo lleva 12 seguidos en central

Genny SS @genny_ss

Mathematician (astronomer) & sports lover. In particular, great follower of the Spanish Armada, Real Madrid & utterly RafaHolic... Vamos!!!

#7624 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:30

Rezultati coveka koji je svaku nedelju 2017. proveo na prvom mestu

F (250) - 4R (GS) - W (500) - 2R (M1000) - DNP (M1000) - 3R (M1000) - SF (500) - 3R (M1000) - 2R (M1000) - SF (GS) - 1R (500) QF - (GS)

25 pobeda i 10 poraza, 3 puta ispao u prvom mecu na turniru :ajme:

EDIT: skor na Mastersima 2 pobede, 4 poraza !!

Edited by 4_Webber, 12 July 2017 - 16:33.

#7625 bojant

bojant
  • Members
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 17:17

Rezultati coveka koji je svaku nedelju 2017. proveo na prvom mestu

F (250) - 4R (GS) - W (500) - 2R (M1000) - DNP (M1000) - 3R (M1000) - SF (500) - 3R (M1000) - 2R (M1000) - SF (GS) - 1R (500) QF - (GS)

25 pobeda i 10 poraza, 3 puta ispao u prvom mecu na turniru :ajme:

EDIT: skor na Mastersima 2 pobede, 4 poraza !!

Endijevo prvo mesto pobija sve zakone matematike, jasno je da je drugi deo sezone izdominirao prosle godine, ali ove mu se svi rezultati poklapaju kako bi ostao sto duze na njemu, covek je zaredjao 36 nedelja (a moguce je da ce ostati na prvom mestu i nkon vimbldona i onda ce povezati preko 40)

nikada niko nije ostvarivao tako lose rezultate dok je bio prvi.

#7626 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 17:27

DEjDn1yXsAASm8q.jpg

#7627 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:55

https://www.theguard...MP=share_btn_tw

Of all the dumb traditions of Wimbledon, its sexism is the worst
DElJ3akVYAEd-sd.jpg
Za Kris Evert!
:ajme:

Wimbldon:

the suffocating stuffiness of its adherence to faux traditions, its delight in the class system and the inherent sexism of the scheduling

Each year you will hear commentators wax gloriously about the traditions of Wimbledon but, really, such traditions are pretty thin on the ground. And as with many traditions in society, some of those in Wimbledon would be best discarded.

Take the all-white attire. It is just a hand down from the 1800s when one didn’t wish to see the sight of women perspiring.

The 1980 men’s final between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe is among the most famous tennis matches in history (famous enough to soon to be subject of film starring Shia LaBeouf) and yet both McEnroe’s and Borg’s shirts would no longer be allowed due to their colour.

It chooses to start matches on the two main courts at 1pm rather than 11:30am as is the case on the other courts, because the organisers laughably worry that the earlier start would mean empty stands, “which would reduce part of Wimbledon’s atmosphere”.
Generally the only time I see empty seats in Centre Court is when the royal box is shown, but I guess that’s also part of the atmosphere (and one must not criticise the royals, though thankfully players no longer have to genuflect to them).

The most obvious case of the tournament’s self-inflicted scheduling problems is on “Manic Monday” – the day when all men’s and women’s fourth round matches are played. This occurs only because the previous day is the traditional middle Sunday “rest day” (because why would you want to have games played on a Sunday when people who work are able to attend?).

On that day, so many high class matches are being played that the tournament put one involving Kerber and Garbiñe Muguruza – the winner of last year’s French Open – on Court 2.

The pity of it was that the match was an absolute cracker. Muguruza won 4-6 6-4 6-4 – and it was far more entertaining than Federer’s three set win over Grigor Dimitrov later in the day (and I say that as an absurdly parochial Federer fan).

Saying it occurs because men’s matches are what the public wants to see is a self-perpetuating cycle. The public (either those at the event or at home watching on TV) see the men, and not the women, play and thus don’t even know who or what they are missing.

We hear this type of argument from TV executives all the time about women’s sport, and yet as the recent Super Netball and AFLW seasons in Australia showed, if you give women’s sport good coverage and promotion, the audience numbers will be there.

Wimbledon is in a unique position of being able to promote the women’s game. It can still have two men’s matches a day, it just needs to start earlier and put on an extra women’s match on Centre Court.

No doubt I’ll forever be stuck watching the players wearing all-white, the half-empty royal box, the hushed tones about strawberries and cream and the “traditions”. But with luck, in future years, while looking forward to these two weeks I can also look forward to women being treated as less than second class.

Edited by wwww, 13 July 2017 - 12:15.

#7628 Impromptu

Impromptu
  • Members
  • 57,443 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:24

Ja sam ostao zapanjen kad sam pročitao ( a na to sam naleteo guglajući čisto da vidim kako se speluje reč "kriket" u punom nazivu kluba koji organizuje W ) koliko je rasističko nasleđe koje taj klub sa sobom nosi. Naime crncima nije bilo dozvoljeno da uđu u prostorije kluba ili igraju tenis na njegovim terenima do 1951. godine a Jevrejima do 1952. Znači sedam godina nakon što je Hitler definitivno poražen Jevreji još uvek nisu imali pravo da prosto uđu u prostorije kluba i naruče piće.

Ima još i priča o engleskoj teniserki jevrejskog porekla koja je par puta osvajala W u dublu pedesetih godina i koja ni dan danas nije dobila titulu počasnog člana iako je običaj valjda da svi njihovi pobednici dobiju počsno članstvo u All England lawn tennis blablabla klubu.

#7629 ZvezdaIznadSvega

ZvezdaIznadSvega
  • Members
  • 13,463 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:32

Nista cudno...imperije koje su davno pre Hitlera svoju moc gradile na rasizmu i ugnjetavanju drugih...ne moze to tek tako da ispari...

#7630 alcesta

alcesta
  • Members
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:36

Treba pročitati i ono na istorijskoj temi što je wwww postavila o tome kako su tretirali Freda Perija.
Strašno je kakve se sve stvari pravdaju tradicijom kao da je ona sama po sebi dovoljan argument. I generalno, van sporta, pa i kod nas, ali mislim da Britanci najdalje idu u tome.

#7631 ChesireCat

ChesireCat
  • Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 21:01

Šta je legendarniji meč. Finale W 1980te ili finale W 2008?

Nekako nisam siguran da li je dovoljno vremena proteklo za objektivan odgovor. I dalje su aktivni akteri 2008, koji i dalje na svom rivalitetu donose novac.

#7632 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:33

http://www.scotsman....hines-1-4503557
alix ramsay: Painful to see talent treated like machines

Edited by wwww, 14 July 2017 - 09:34.

#7633 ciao

ciao
  • Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:50

Skotlandjani ;) , mislim da samo oni mogu da napisu :

"...To have four players of the calibre of Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal competing against each other for more than a decade, to have them collect 48 grand slam trophies between them..."

da dodam da mi je prva asocijacija bila ono nas i rusa 300 miliona :lol+:

Nije Endi kriv naravno ali sam besna na brite generalno :wicked: ovaj W je nekako izvukao na povrsinu njihove mane da se tako izrazim

Edited by ciao, 14 July 2017 - 10:19.

#7634 ChesireCat

ChesireCat
  • Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 16:45

Kuriorzitet: RG i WIM osvojeni bez izgubljenog seta.

A takve pobede su inače retke. Đoković nema nijednu.

#7635 Elias

Elias
  • Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 16:47

Jbg, Djokovic nikad nije igrao sa Berdihom u polufinale i Cilicem u finale, cak i na Masters turniru...

Edited by Elias, 16 July 2017 - 16:48.