Novak Djokovic

• Please log in to reply
21231 replies to this topic

#6151 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 17:11

uopšte mi se ne sviđa što je u tolikoj žiži <_< . ako 'oćete novog šampiona, skinite novinarske šape sa njega <_< .

#6152 djordja

djordja
  • Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 17:52

uopšte mi se ne sviđa što je u tolikoj žiži <_< . ako 'oćete novog šampiona, skinite novinarske šape sa njega <_< .

ma nece on nasesti na to.

verovatno pamti jako dobro i neke druge stvari. nije bilo tako davno (da li prosle godine), bio br 3 ali nikad dovoljno zanimljiv za medije, narocito u usa, te je c. note (fd blog) pisala kako je posle jednog meca u miamiju cini mi se, nole usao u pres rum gde je sedela ona i jos dva novinara. on se nasmejao i zahvalio im se sto su dosli u tako velikom broju :D

#6153 Liv

Liv
  • Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 17:56

Novak je srecom taj tip, pricljiv i voli da je u centru paznje. Dokle god je je pozitivno interesovanje za njega, nema brige.

#6154 GAMAA

GAMAA
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:20

Tim Johnson of New York:
"As much as I'm enjoying the intrigue and quality of the Nadal-Djokovic matches, what I am really loving is the reactions of Djokovic. With all due respect to Nadal and Federer, it's great to see someone go ABSOLUTELY NUTS when he wins a big match." Posted Image

Novak trenutno nije GOAT već GOTT (Greatest of this time). Nisam znala za ovaj izraz Posted Image.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6155 Дејан

Дејан
  • Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:22

Tignor o današnjem meču:
The Champion's Dividend

It’s much worse when a player makes this move at the very start of the second set in a three-out-of-five-setter. But that’s what Thiemo de Bakker did on Court Chatrier this afternoon. And it’s tough to blame him. His opponent, Novak Djokovic, is having that affect on a lot of guys these days. Still, as intimidating as the Serb has been in going undefeated in 2011, this felt like something new. De Bakker, who Tweeted about his “tough draw” when he found out who he’d be facing, looked like he had no hope from the start. He appeared to be pressing from the first point. In his first service game, he buried two easy forehands in the net and stalked back to the baseline with his head down, as if he had met his rightful fate for the day. By the beginning of the second, the hat was pointed backward and he was trying to end points with desperation drop shots. They weren't working.

“He’s a great player and he showed it,” de Bakker said afterward, beginning a litany of homage toward his junior friend.

“I didn’t have any chance at all.”

“I mean, he great.”

“He makes every shot.”

“Now he’s just way too good.”

And this was all in an interview that lasted approximately a minute and a half.

This is a shining example of what you might call the Champion’s Dividend. Basically, you win free points, very often at crucial moments, just for being who you are—wouldn’t that be nice? If 90 percent of life is showing up, right now that percentage is much higher if you can show up as Novak Djokovic. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have benefitted from the dividend for years. For them, it comes from winning majors; for Djokovic, at this tournament at least, it will come from doing something borderline miraculous: Straight-setting Nadal twice in a row on clay. Today he didn’t even have to wait for a crucial moment to enjoy the dividend. It was in effect from the second game on.

This is the first time I’ve seen Djokovic live since Indian Wells, since he elevated himself from great to historic. His game looked cleaner all around; it reminded me a lot of what he looked like at his best in the glutenous days of 2008. Very meticulous and methodical, with easy power on his most improved shot, his forehand, and safety built into even his most aggressive strokes. He doesn’t appear to be going for anything risky or near the lines, yet his shots are penetrating and tough to track down because he can change direction with them so effortlessly. Every player, even the very best, has his or her pet patterns. Right now Djokovic’s are hard to read. He has his choice of corners with both strokes, from just about any position. Once he got a hold of a mid-court forehand, de Bakker was flailing.

Most impressive was a shot I’d never seen from Djokovic before, but which could prove very valuable at the French. Early in the second, with things well under control, he took one of those mid-court forehands, and rather than firing it flat into a corner, he lifted it with a lot more topspin than normal. The ball briefly looked like it would sail long, and de Bakker slowed down his pursuit. Instead, it dropped like a stone, Nadal-like, well inside the baseline for a winner.

“It was a great first match for me in Roland Garros,” a cleaned-up and satisfied-looking Djokovic said afterward. Just as I’m always struck by how much bigger the players look in person, I’m always struck by how much smaller and more normal they appear to be when they sit down behind the interview table. The same was true of Djokovic today. It was hard to believe that this lean, wiry character with the neat hair and the nice red shirt was the current terror of tennis.

“I was being very cautious,” he said about his game, “because I knew that de Bakker has quality. I was serving really, really well and being very aggressive, using every opportunity to step into the court.”

As for the conditions, and the lighter Babolat balls that have been introduced this year, he said, “I was happy with the court. The balls are obviously different than any other tournament I’ve played on clay courts, but just pretty satisfied with the way I was getting used to the conditions.”

Nothing is fazing Djokovic these days, except, perhaps, the continued questions about his diet. “All I’m going to say is that it’s gluten-free,” he said, showing his one flash of irritation. “I can’t talk about it, because it’s private.” Why it’s private we don’t know.

Is Djokovic playing it too close to the vest now? On the one hand, yes, his lack of answers may only invite more irritating questions. On the other hand, what he said later is also true: A lot of other things aside from his diet—including his serve, forehand, and distractions from his support team—have been, at least for the time being, solved. He seems to feel, simply, that he’s finally playing the type of tennis that he, and we, knew he could play all along.

“I’m gonna say it again,” Djokovic said when the diet was mentioned later. “This is only part of the changes that I had, you know. It’s not a major thing that affected my success on the court, you know.”

Reasons and changes and diets aside, what’s making Djokovic so difficult to beat right now is his consistency. Any opponent who wants to walk out there with a hope of an upset is going to have to improve his shot tolerance—he’s going to have to make many more balls than normal in a row, on many more points. I said before the tournament that the pressure on Djokovic would be immense, and his winning this event would be a sign that he’s ready to become “an all-timer.” When Nadal came to this tournament as a teenager on a massive clay-court roll, a lot of us thought he would need to learn to lose a big final in Paris—he had never even played here—before he won one. We were wrong, and it was an early sign that Nadal was something special, someone not just of the moment. Can Djokovic, man of this moment, prove that same thing?

It will be exceedingly hard to stop him. Djokovic is so solid at the moment that an upset or even a tight match seems improbable (that could obviously change, especially if he faces a figure as imposing as del Potro in the third round). Right now Djokovic can play "very cautiously" and still win. Knowing that takes a lot of the pressure off.

Late in the first set, De Bakker won his first long baseline exchange. It was hardly a crucial point, but he let out a big “come on!” when Djokovic’s last ball went long. De Bakker didn’t believe he could build on that small triumph, or that it would be a turing point; he was long past hope by then. But he had to celebrate the moment anyway, because it had taken so much to earn it. Then he put his head down again. He knew he would have to repeat it on the next point. Just another dividend of being a champ.

Edited by Dejan78, 23 May 2011 - 19:23.

#6156 GAMAA

GAMAA
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:34

Ovo je ključno i bitno za Noleta, da ne gubi previše enrgije na terenu Posted Image
This is a shining example of what you might call the Champion’s Dividend. Basically, you win free points, very often at crucial moments, just for being who you are—wouldn’t that be nice? If 90 percent of life is showing up, right now that percentage is much higher if you can show up as Novak Djokovic. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have benefitted from the dividend for years.
I ovaj deo mi je simpatičan Posted Image
Just as I’m always struck by how much bigger the players look in person, I’m always struck by how much smaller and more normal they appear to be when they sit down behind the interview table. The same was true of Djokovic today. It was hard to believe that this lean, wiry character with the neat hair and the nice red shirt was the current terror of tennis.

#6157 Liv

Liv
  • Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:37

Just as I’m always struck by how much bigger the players look in person, I’m always struck by how much smaller and more normal they appear to be when they sit down behind the interview table. The same was true of Djokovic today. It was hard to believe that this lean, wiry character with the neat hair and the nice red shirt was the current terror of tennis.

Zanimljivo mi je kako ljudi vole shampione, po defaultu. Sad ih interesuje da vide i stranu koja nema veze s imitacijama. Dechko je preko noci za medije od klovna stasao u shampiona samo pozitivnih osobina.
Niko ne pominje predaje, 'metiljavost' isl. Svi se pozitivno ishchudavaju nad njegovom lichnoshcu. Izgleda su preozbiljno shvatili frazu da je ovo neki drugi Novak.

Eto shta je sve potrebno da bi chovek dobio realnu shansu da pokazhe ko je.

#6158 Impromptu

Impromptu
  • Members
  • 57,443 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:44

Počeo i Mats da deli komplimente Đokoviću...Posted Image.

#6159 add me on xvideos

add me on xvideos
  • Members
  • 26,655 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:46

Juce je sa odvratnim kezom rekao da ce Novak kad-tad izgubiti <_<

#6160 Impromptu

Impromptu
  • Members
  • 57,443 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 19:52

Juce je sa odvratnim kezom rekao da ce Novak kad-tad izgubiti <_<

Vauuuuu! Kako ingeniozno od njega. A narod je mislio da će pobedjivati neprekidno do triest pete i da će se onda neporažen povući nakon što je osvojio svoj jubilarni četrdeseti slam....Posted Image

Danas hvali igru i kaže kako Novak definitivno ima najbolji retern ikad, bolji čak i od Agasija...

#6161 desired login

desired login
  • Members
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 20:52

I really do not understand why Hopman Cup matches are not included in Novak's run. Whatever (and whoever) feels those were not competitive, that is rubbish, for him it was competitive. It was ... So, that is unfair. But not the first time happening. Big journalists, you have chance to change world view. Here is the chance.
--Aleksandar Stojanovic, Belgrade, Serbia

Loknica poslao pitanje u mailbag...  :s_w:

#6162 GAMAA

GAMAA
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 20:56

Mnogo je bre pametan Aca, pa da mu računaju i onu egzibiciju u Kolumbiji Posted Image. Bolje neka se drži košarke, fudbala, šta već...

#6163 alcesta

alcesta
  • Members
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 21:38

Tim Johnson of New York:
[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"]"As much as I'm enjoying the intrigue and quality of the Nadal-Djokovic matches, what I am really loving is the reactions of Djokovic. With all due respect to Nadal and Federer, it's great to see someone go ABSOLUTELY NUTS when he wins a big match."

Eh, pa nije da odlepi skroz baš svaki put :lol: ove godine bih to rekla samo za finale Madrida i polufinale Rima :lol:

Novak trenutno nije GOAT već GOTT (Greatest of this time). Nisam znala za ovaj izraz

Gott ono beše Bog na nemačkom? :D

Došlo mi prosto žao De Bakera posle Tignorovog teksta. :) Btw, kakva je to fora s okretanjem kačketa u toku meča? Nisam to ni primetila, a više njih je danas pomenulo kao loš znak, dosad mi nije padalo na pamet da obraćam pažnju.

#6164 Mrs.Mayfield

Mrs.Mayfield
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 23:38

Novak je srecom taj tip, pricljiv i voli da je u centru paznje. Dokle god je je pozitivno interesovanje za njega, nema brige.

Mislim da si skroz u pravu. To sto je Novak bas takav tip licnosti - ekstremno ekstravertan, pricljiv, opusten pred kamerama - mnogo doprinosi njegovom uspehu u teniskom biznisu, a da se ne lazemo, biti profesionalan sportista donosi brojna opterecenja. Nije lako izaci na teren sa svescu da te milioni ljudi posmatraju i analiziraju. Treba da budes ili kao Rafa - autistican, poptuno fokusiran na sebe i da bez blama vadis gace iz guzice, jer ti je prosto tako lakse ili kao Novak - soumen, koji glumata i peva i manekenise se, uverena sam da se potpuno isto ponasa i kad ima i kad nema kamera. S druge strane, mislim da je Ana tako brzo posustala upravo zato sto nema pravi mentalni sklop. Bez obzira na to sto je toliko lepa i fotogenicna i sto svi vole da je vide, deluje mi kao stidljiva devojcica kojoj ne prija tolika medijska paznja. Za JJ je sasvim jasno, voli zena da se slika i manekenise vise nego leba da jede - zato je i tako dugo u top 10.

#6165 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:46

I Federeru odgovaraju svetla pozornice. On jednostavno voli da bude viđen, zapažen i da mu se dive. Novak je voleo da bude doživljen kao zabavan, šarmantan, otvoren. U poslednje vreme, kao da je sve to u drugom planu. Čak otvoreno govori o tome da ne može biti prijatelj sa ljudima na turu, ubeđena sam da je to zaokret u odnosu na ranije.

Kad čitam sve one koji su utrčali u bendvagon pred pucanjem od količine last minute rezervacija i slepih putnika, nekako mi budu zamalo dragi stari olinjali hejteri poput Vilandera, koji ostaje jedan od retkih u poslednjoj liniji odbrane startnih pozicija. Sama Vilanderova antipatija nije nastala doduše odmah, naime, on je još 2007. razmatrao da li Novak može dobiti Rafu na šljaci i prilično ga hvalio. Nešto se desilo u međuvremenu.

Ali kad Meri Kariljo kaže da postaje veliki Đokovićev fan, a čovek je na turu 6-7 godina, bude mi nekako baš neprijatno zbog nje i fakta da ništa ne uspeva bolje nego uspeh i podupirući hajp. Toliko je jednostavno bilo biti fan igrača koji drže 3/4 slemova u posedu -_- . Hajp koji prati Novaka, a ujedno i te gomile instant fanova, nestaće prvom prilikom ako se brojke ne pretoče u multipl slemove.