Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 18:48

McLaren: Car improved more than engine in 2017
Monday, 01 January 2018
Chris Medland / Image by Portlock/LAT

_L5R9088.jpg

McLaren found more performance in developing its chassis in 2017 than Honda made with its power unit, according to Zak Brown.

Last season marked the introduction of new aerodynamic regulations that resulted in lap times being up to five seconds per lap faster compared to when the new rules were designed in 2015. Honda again struggled with a new power unit concept but made big gains throughout the year, and McLaren became a regular point-scorer towards the end of the season. But executive director Brown says the biggest improvements were made with the chassis itself despite the frustrating campaign.

"Morale never got low," Brown told RACER. "The unbelievable thing about this place is, when you walk the halls, this is a team that has won 20 world championships and everyone is very proud. I've never been to a place where for so many people their life is McLaren or they wanted to work at McLaren their whole life.

"I'm not sure many companies have that level of enthusiasm from their employees. Take Fortune 500 Company X, you probably don't walk into Coca-Cola and someone says, 'I've wanted to work for Coca-Cola my whole life.' No disrespect to Coca-Cola, but McLaren is like that, Ferrari would be like that – big passion.

"So they were more frustrated [than demoralized]. They never gave up. The amount of development... The car got quicker over the year, and that was more car than anything. The engine got better too but we raced like we were racing for a world championship. That was the mindset and we never gave up.

"So morale was always good, but there wasn't much excitement because there was nothing to get excited about. So excitement levels were low because it was we've got to go and race again next year next weekend and we know what the result's going to be. It's going to be a degree of: 'How bad is the weekend going to be? How many penalties are we going to get?'

"So morale was up, desire to get back to our winning ways is off the chart. It's really made everyone more hungry and I think that's a good place for the organization to be. A really hungry McLaren, that's a good thing."

Asked if there is a fresh excitement within McLaren ahead of its switch to Renault power units in this coming season, Brown replied: "Definitely.

"Energy, enthusiasm, excitement are kind of at an all-time high, certainly within the last five years. Morale's great, people are working hard, we're excited. We've got a new livery coming, we've got a new garage coming, we've got a new engine coming, we've got the two drivers we wanted... Everyone's working well together.

"Eric [Boullier] is happy with everything that he has. I asked him the other day 'Anything else you need?' 'Nope, I got what I need.' So everyone is excited and the anticipation is building. I wish Australia was tomorrow."

#827 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 18:58

Mislim da je vreme da ova ukleta tema ide pod kljuc :D

#828 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 22:07

Jebo onog ko je otvorio! :P

#829 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 18:17

Ah taj zli Meklaren i jos gori Alonso! Iz ciste zlobe napljuvase i ocrnise Hondu, sve su radili samo da joj onemoguce uspeh u F1:

Red Bull's Helmut Marko is keeping close tabs on Toro Rosso engine partner Honda, aware that the Japanese manufacturer could power the senior bull outfit in 2019.

The energy drink's motorsport boss is happy with the information he has received so far from Faenza.

Marko admits however that Honda's goodwill and image were dealt big blows during its failed partnership with McLaren, thanks in no small part to Fernando Alonso's persistent bashing .

"Honda is very active and has already found something," Marko is quoted by Auto, Motor und Sport.

"Maybe they'll manage to be on the level of Renault with the second engine. Honda had to compromise because of the chassis specification from McLaren.

"They could not develop freely and were pretty limited. Alonso has did everything to make the engine look bad
."

According to Marko, Mercedes will remain F1's power benchmark this season, especially in qualifying where its rivals' power units are no match for the German manufacturer's special engine mode.

"The worst thing is their qualifying mode," says the Austrian manager.

"They are always ahead in qualifying and you cannot overtake on most tracks. And in the race they sometimes use significantly less fuel.

"Mercedes' overall package is clearly ahead in terms of driveability, performance, consumption and energy deployment."

:ajme: :frust: :twak:

#830 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 18:45

Pazi ko se nasao da prica o tome, Helmut fucking Marko koji je, da izvinite na izrazu, israo tonu govana na Reno u poslednje 4 godine?!

#831 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 20:55

https://www.f1fanati...nal-year-honda/

McLarenHQ_MissionControl_SM_182.LA_-e151

“Grand Prix Driver” takes you inside McLaren’s nightmare final year with Honda
30th January 2018, 0:15
Author Keith Collantine

When McLaren agreed to give the creators of Grand Prix Driver a behind-the-scenes look at its preparations for 2017 they must have expected to have a positive story to tell.

The team went into the third year of its collaboration with Honda following two years of poor results but discernible progress. From ninth in the 2015 points table they rose three places in 2016.

Year three for McLaren-Honda was when it was all supposed to come good. But we all know what happened: the team discovered in pre-season testing they were back to square one and an inevitable divorce followed.

Manish Pandey, executive producer of the superb 2010 Senna documentary, made the project a reality. The Grand Prix Driver team had access to the McLaren factory during the build-up to the first test and captured their dawning realisation of just how bad 2017 was going to be.

The story is teased out in a series of increasingly awkward realisations over the course of its four episodes. First the engine doesn’t fit. Then it won’t fire up. And the problems aren’t just on Honda’s side: McLaren discover several key parts will arrive too late for a planned Silverstone shakedown test, which has to be scrapped.

“It’s mildly out of control around the factory,” chief operating officer Simon Roberts admits to the cameras at this point. “I’ve never seen it quite as bad as this.”

The nadir is reached in the final episode where the team finally take the car to Barcelona for testing. As F1 fans will remember, a series of oil pressure problems forces a string of power unit changes and Alonso struggled to complete more than a handful of laps at a time.

McLarenHQ_CarAssembly_SM_030.LA_-470x314
McLaren ran into trouble before testing began

“We cannot test like this,” he tells the team after one run. “This is really a [censored] engine, a [censored] power unit, you know.”

Racing director Eric Boullier describes the test as “physically and mentally painful” and, back at the factory, worries Alonso will refuse to race. “He is going to say ‘ciao bello’,” he tells group chief operating officer Jonathan Neale. “He will not stay. I am 100% sure he will not stay.”

But it’s in a mass debrief later that Neale spells out the inevitable divorce, months before it became reality. “As far as I’m concerned the McLaren team had got the job done,” he tells the assembled staff.

“A line has been crossed. We need to find a new way, we need to find a new plan.”

It’s fascinating viewing for fans. But it could be an uncomfortable watch for those in Faenza.

Grand Prix Driver is available on Amazon Prime from February 9th. Look out for F1 Fanatic’s review of Grand Prix Driver this Sunday.

#832 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 22:58

Meni ovo zvuci zabavno sada kada je nocna mora gotova :) Rado cu platiti 8 funti da vidim napusavanje Honde :)

#833 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:37

Inace po japanskoj stampi Honda tuce iz svih haubica po Meklarenu, te hteli motor da bude laksi, te hteli da ima nize teziste (kao da to nece svi timovi), pa postavljali nerazumne rokove (da motor bude spreman za testiranje u Barseloni), te Meklaren je korporacija a ne pravi trkacki tim kao Toro Roso :ajme: i da su se vodili svojim interesima koji nisu nuzno bili u skladu sa najboljim interesima Honde, te su Meklarenovci pljuvali Hondu u medijima na pravdi boga i okrivljivali ih cak i kad su problemi bili do Meklarena (verovatno ona sasija koja sama od sebe vibrira i lomi motore)...

rtr3dnm6.jpg

#834 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 15:45

Pa sta imaju od toga? Od ove sramote se nece oprati godinama, pa makar nasli i 100 svedoka koji ce potvrditi da im je Meklaren rekao da naprave najgori motor ikada.

Pusti ih u p**** materinu. Trebalo bi da su lepa vremena pred nama Meklarenovcima, tako da bi po mom misljenju trebalo da zaboravis ovu jezivu epizodu sa Hondom :) neka oni laju, vise nas nece upropascavati i to je najvaznije

#835 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 19:55

Sreća da su Japanci dobro plaćali pa vam se nije razbežala ekipa inženjera posle ovako loših rezultata. 

Prošla bura i svi su na brodu

Edited by alpiner, 31 January 2018 - 20:08.

#836 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:10

Gledao sam film. Ne mogu da kazem da sam bas odusevljen, ali nije ni los. Dzonatan Nil je definitivno pravi sef tima. On je i doneo odluku da se od*ebe Honda, i to jos u martu. Zek je zaduzen za marketinsku stranu. Bulije je rekao da je 100% siguran da Alonso nece ni zapoceti sezonu sa Meklarenom (rekao je timu na radiju ovim recima - ovaj motor je govno), a Nil se uplasio da ce se tim raspasti i odlucio da u glavnoj hali u Vokingu odrzi sastanak svih zaposlenih u Meklarenu na kome ih je ishvalio za MCL 32, ali i rekao da Meklaren vise nece dozvoliti da se u sezonu udje sa "nadamo se", sto se odnosilo na Hondu. Komunikacija sa Japancima je bila bas teska, uglavnom niko od njih ne govori engleski i imaju jednog koji zna pa onda prenosi drugima, a cesto se komunicira gestikulacijama, palac nagore, nadole, klimanjem glavom. Veliki deo filma je posvecen Fandornu, a ni Ron Denis nije zapostavljen, mada se nije pojavljivao. Vlasnici izgledaju kao korektni likovi. Sve u svemu, neverovatna odluka jednog tima da otvori vrata kamerama i pokaze kako izgleda Formula 1 tim iznutra, svaka cast na tome i drago mi je sto je to bio tim za koji navijam.

#837 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 14:14

Veliki deo filma je posvecen Fandornu

Trebalo je sve da bude o njemu, da ga isprati kroz celu sezonu, ali se desilo ovo sa Hondom sto je mnogo veca prica a onda je i FOM zabranio filmskoj ekipi ulaz u padok na trkama pa smo dobili ovakav dokumentarac.