Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:45

Honda confident of 2018 reliability improvements
Wednesday, 11 October 2017
Chris Medland / Image by Tee/LAT

_O3I3092.jpg

Honda is confident it will be able to improve its reliability record next season as a result of having a stable baseline to work with over the winter.

In its three years with McLaren, Honda has struggled for reliability as it attempts to close the gap to the other power unit manufacturers. This year saw a change in power unit concept but the reliability problems remained, with Fernando Alonso being hit with a 35-place grid penalty at last weekend's Japanese Grand Prix due to a power unit change.

Honda's head of F1 project Yusuke Hasegawa said he was "ashamed" of the penalty during the race weekend, but he believes retaining the current power unit concept for next season will lead to a clear step forward in terms of reliability.

"This year, the biggest issue was we couldn't confirm the base power unit from the start," Hasegawa told RACER. "So all the time we needed to develop and we needed to update, and introduce [updates] at a grand prix before we could confirm the reliability or the performance.

"For next year, of course we haven't confirmed it yet, but at least we have the baseline that is the current engine. So we can use this engine at least, and we can circulate our development in the background. Then as soon as we have confirmed the reliability and the performance, we can introduce it at the grand prix.

"That way we have got more room to consider the performance and reliability before introducing upgrades."

Honda will supply Toro Rosso in 2018 after ending its partnership with McLaren early, but Hasegawa recently said the focus was to avoid penalties in order to score as many points as possible with its current team. Reflecting on the performance in Japan, he admits Alonso's grid drop cost the team a chance of good points.

"The car showed some good pace [at Suzuka]. I think we were quicker than Williams, quicker than Haas and quicker than Renault. So I think we had the performance to score a point if we had a good start."

With both Haas cars scoring points in Japan, McLaren is now 20 points behind the seventh-placed US outfit in the constructors' championship, with Haas jumping one place and one point ahead of Renault.

Ne znam sta je ovaj gledao, ali oba Hasa su zavrsila u bodovima dok Meklareni nisu bili u stanju da preteknu Vilijamse - Alonso Masu a Stof Strola (dok ovom nije pukla guma). Hulk je isto bio vrlo brz u trci dok nije odustao zbog kvara, a Palmer zaista nije merilo kvaliteta Remoovog bolida. Imali smo dobar rezultat u kvalifikacijama (sjeban kaznom za Alonsa i losim startom Stofa) ali daleko je sve to od decidirane tvrdnje da smo brzi od Vilijamsa, Hasa i Renoa (nekako je Hasegava zaboravio tu da pomene i STR, njegove buduce klijente)...

emmettkelly7large.jpg

#797 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 15:54

Hasegawa: Honda ‘not happy with Alonso’s attitude’
Date published: October 17 2017

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Fern

Honda F1 boss Yusuke Hasegawa has said there are people within the team who have not been impressed with Fernando Alonso's attitude – but he can personally understand his frustrations.

The Spaniard has been very vocal about Honda's inability to deliver a good engine and constant reliability issues has lead to frequent radio messages which have been less than complimentary to say the least.

McLaren have since opted to part ways with Honda at the end of the season and join forces with Renault instead, a decision that has no doubt persuaded Alonso to extend his stay with the team into next year.

"Alonso always came to put pressure on me," Hasegawa told Spain's El Confidencial.

"If the car was going badly, he had no qualms about telling me he was not happy. He's a good person, he probably felt very ashamed of having to scold me but he had to do it.

"After all, he wanted everything to be all right, that's why I'm so ashamed."

But Hasegawa can understand his anger and has taken no offence from his comments about Honda.

"No, not at all. Alonso criticised us because he was not satisfied, he had every right to do it," he added.

"Obviously, there are people at Honda who were not happy with Alonso's attitude. But for me it was not a problem.

"From a professional point of view, there have been many problems because he was never happy and it is very difficult to establish a good working relationship.

"The drivers, after all, are very emotional guys and you have to understand them when they behave like that. If we had the best car, would not Alonso be happy?"

"Yes, that's why we can not complain."

Hasegawa, who has been under immense pressure as the one of the main figureheads of Honda, is expected to oversee operations as the Japanese manufacturer link up with Toro Rosso next season.

weegee_7872_1993_407934_displaysize.jpg

#798 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 22:58

Hasegava prebačen u Hondinu bazu u Milton Kinsu, biće rokada u Sakurinoj bazi. TR će izgleda biti laboratorijski pacov gde će Honda probavati novu PJ RA618H i progres nove vlasti u Sakuri. RB će sve to gledati pod lupom...

[Special Report] Honda, general manager Hasegawa is transferred to UK. We will review the development and management system for 2018

From the end of February 2016 Honda's F1 activity has been managed under Yuusuke Hasegawa General Manager, but it is coming to see the change in its structure. However, it is not a reshuffle after the third year of sluggishness as said in the world, but it is part of strengthening the structure for the next term and has already been put into practice from the middle of this season.

On September 1 this year Yusuke Hasegawa F1 general manager will be at Milton Keynes and will take command at the active front bases. It is said that there was an idea that it should be done including Hasegawa general manager himself from the past, but since it changed the development policy gullyly in May 2016, it is hard to follow the development that tends to be delayed There was no timing to do.

http://members.f1-li...t/report/59923/

#799 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 14:59

Samo ću ovo ostaviti ovde  :lol+:

DOb9oWNXUAAypkP.jpg

#800 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 17:29

E pacenici moji...

Honda: McLaren pressure will make us stronger
Thursday, 16 November 2017
Chris Medland / Image by Dunbar/LAT

_X4I3535.jpg

Honda will be a stronger proposition in future thanks to the "huge pressure" it was put under by McLaren, according to the head of its Formula 1 project.

Next weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will mark the final race of the McLaren-Honda partnership before McLaren switches to Renault power and Honda supplies Toro Rosso in 2018. Reflecting on the past three years, Yusuke Hasegawa believes the experience of working with a team with expectations of racing at the front will benefit the engine manufacturer in the long term.

Asked how he sees the McLaren-Honda partnership, Hasegawa told RACER: "It's a difficult question.

"We appreciate McLaren very much, we managed to learn many things and we felt supported by McLaren, but also we were under huge pressure from them. That was fair, and we also felt the pressure from the inside as well. So it was very tough, but it was the necessary environment for us to get stronger, but we need to be much stronger."

And on the final race for the partnership in Abu Dhabi, Hasegawa added: "As an engineer I would like to finish the race reliably and with some points, to be able to maximize some performance, but of course from the management point of view I will feel sad."

With Fernando Alonso having finished eighth in Brazil last weekend with what Hasegawa described as "an incredible drive", the Honda F1 boss is hopeful of a similar performance from the team at the Yas Marina Circuit.

"Again we are expecting to score some points, and I think to be the fourth-fastest car is our target.

"Of course we don't know the actual race performance until the lights go out, but from the Friday and Saturday practice results in Brazil we thought we were competitive with that middle pack of Williams, Force India and Renault. So we expected to score some points.

"Because we didn't have the chance to run in free air we don't know [if McLaren was the fourth quickest team], but then it was the same for Force India, so compared to Force India we don't know. We were definitely quicker than Williams, so it could be that we had the fourth-quickest car."

Emmett_Kelly_1953.jpg

#801 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 23:43

MCLAREN VOTES AGAINST KEEPING LARGE SHARK FIN IN 2018

The McLaren Honda Formula 1 Team have voted against keeping the engine cover shark fin in 2018 at a F1 Strategy Group meeting this week, the only Formula 1 team to do so.

The Woking based squad are primarily against the larger shark fin proposed by the FIA, and want to see a smaller version introduced next season instead.

The FIA are in favour of the larger option as they feel it could be utilised to display bigger driver car numbers, making them easily visible to spectators. However, despite extensive rules having put in place and teams already working on their 2018 designs, McLaren have moved to veto the plans, which require unanimous support in order to be viable.

McLaren’s decision to go against the vote makes things difficult for those teams that have already put their design efforts into working with a larger fin, but McLaren believe a smaller version is needed to make the rear wing more prominent.

McLaren Honda Racing Director, Eric Boullier, also hinted when speaking to Autosport.com recently, that McLaren might favour a different option because it better suits their 2018 package.

“Maybe we have found a way to use the engine cover that works better. The cars are complicated today so it is difficult for Zak to find big stickers. 

“But we are not playing games. Everyone is developing their own car so if you ask for something that is against our interests, I will not go for it. 

“Some teams have tried to play something that was more suiting their car model, or whatever. 

“But we have a regulation in place for next year, so if there is no unanimity then there is no reason to change.” 

At such a late stage in the development process, a number of teams have expressed their annoyance at McLaren’s antics, and questioned their motives, with Sahara Force India F1 Team COO, Otmar Szafnauer, particular peeved by the Woking based squad’s non-conformity.

“We have to release an engine cover soon; it would be nice to know the rules. I thought we had it all agreed. 

“McLaren I believe wanted to expose the rear wing more, but the rear wing isn’t exposed only because it sits so low now. 

“That is why you cannot see the sponsor. More so than because of the fin. The fin hides it from certain angles but not from head on – you can’t see the fin from head on. 

“For us it removes a pretty big area for the sponsors.” 

https://www.thecheck...rk-fin-in-2018/

#802 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:37

Svako predlaže ideje iza koje stoji značajni interes, već viđeno. Baš me interesuje kolika ćese buka dići i da li ćemo gledati preporod ala RB i Bron GP iz 2009.

Oftopik: Gotovo sam siguran da će ajkulino peraje doživeti revoluciju u budućnosti koja će definisati taj prostor. Sve zavisi i od pogona i načina "hranjenja" iste. Možda će ličiti na neku vodoravnu ploču koja nalikuje listu ali podeljena po desetak elemenata radi mogućnosti sticanja dovoljne količine prijanjanja radi daljnjeg odricanja od potrebe za zadnjim spojlerom.

#803 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 18:49

Honda has set the minimum target of overtaking rival engine maker Renault in 2018.

After three abysmal years with the Japanese supplier, McLaren has dumped Honda and will next year swap engine deals with the currently Renault-powered Toro Rosso.

Since 2015, Honda's has been clearly the slowest engine on the grid, but boss Yusuke Hasegawa insisted: "I think we're reducing the gap, even if we are not close enough yet.

"Obviously we hope to do more over the winter," he is quoted by El Mundo Deportivo.

"We must definitely reach Renault and overtake them" in 2018, the Japanese added.

"Our goal for 2018 is to go beyond overtaking Renault, even if we do not want to reveal our plans right now," said Hasegawa.

140428141959-02-famous-clowns-restricted

#804 djura.net

djura.net
  • Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 15:04

sayōnara honda!

#805 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 17:51

sayōnara honda!

Yebate koji party na opraštajnom, saće se napiju ko stoke od radosti i veselja :rotflmao:

DPfWrH5X0AAwj4G.jpg

DPfeYQ6WAAAWGbR.jpg

#806 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 15:39

Dovidjenja Japanci!!!!

#807 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 16:01

Daleko vam lepa kuca...

#808 lemiwili

lemiwili
  • Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 19:47

Mozda se vrate 2019 :lol+:

#809 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:52

Mozda dodju u Vilijams. :P

#810 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 14:26

Pao mi je na pamet jedan frapantan podatak, da se koristi sistem bodovanja koji je bio na snazi do kraja 2002, Meklaren bi ove godine imao jedan bod. Sa 2003-2009 sistemom, e tu bismo vec pokidali, 8 bodova :lol+: