Fernando Alonso

• Please log in to reply
814 replies to this topic

#601 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 21:29

Testiranje na Indijanapolisu, prekosutra.

#602 romantik

romantik
  • Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:03

Radoje, zasto si tako skeptican po pitanju Renoa?

Oni su vec ove sezone napravili ogroman iskorak po pitanju brzine u jednom krugu, motor ce se dogodine jos vise pribliziti Mercedesu, logicno je ocekivti i dodatni napredak po pitanju sasije, pa kad dodamo Alonsa u miks eto njih 2018 u borbi za podijume a 2019 sto da ne i u borbi za titulu.

Vilijams bi bio potez ocajnika, jer dok se ne promeni ova formula nijedan Mercedesov privatnik nece uzeti titulu, pa makar imao i najbilju sasiju u karavanu.

#603 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:20

Smatram da ce Renou trebati malo vise vremena, ne moze se preko noci iskopati iz kanala. To isto sam govorio prosle godine i za Meklaren, jednostavno zaostatak za drugima je suvise velik da bi se odjednom zatvorio. Reno jos uvek zaostaje na polju motora, evo cujemo da planirani apgrejd za Kanadu nece doci zbog neresivih problema sa pouzdanoscu, sto se tice sasije fabricki tim je uznapredovao ove godine (sto je bilo za ocekivati - proslogodisnji bolid je bio dizajniran oko Mercedesovog motora) ali je zato RBR podbacio i cekamo ga tek sa B-bolidom da vidimo koliko zapravo mogu ove godine.

Ono sto je tu problem je da se linija cilja stalno pomera, kada imas veliki zaostatak ti dok sustignes nivo na kojem je tvoja konkurencija bila juce oni su u medjuvremenu jos uznapredovali. Ja ne vidim Reno u skorije vreme u borbi za titulu, napredovace oni ali ne verujem da ce toliko napredovati da prestignu Mercedes i Ferari do kraja ovog seta pravila (2020.).

A napredovace i Honda, samo sto sve sto sam rekao za Reno i njihove probleme sa zaostatkom za Hondu vazi na kvadrat.

#604 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:26

Niki Lauda has played down Fernando Alonso's chances of leaping to the front of the grid for 2018.

The Spaniard, obviously frustrated with his dire situation at McLaren-Honda, will make a bid for victory at the fabled Indy 500 next month.

And Lauda, the F1 legend and Mercedes team boss, says he understands why Alonso wants to do it.

"He's bored," the great Austrian told the Spanish broadcaster Movistar, "and he needs a challenge.

"As a driver I understand, but for McLaren to let him go in the most important race of the year and where they can have their best result is a tough decision to make.

"It's a good decision for Alonso because he can enjoy things there that he cannot do here, and I'm curious to see what he can do at Indy," Lauda added.

Beyond 2017, however, Alonso's future is wide open. He is said to have already had talks with Renault, but the 'big two' in F1 are Ferrari and Mercedes.

Lauda doubts either of them are options for the 35-year-old.

"He left a lot of trouble with his teams when he left," he said. "I don't think Ferrari wants to have him again. He left with a contract. The same thing happened with us (McLaren-Mercedes).

"We (Mercedes) have drivers who do their job, so if we win with Hamilton and Bottas, we don't need a replacement."

Nonetheless, Lauda said Alonso's actual talent is beyond dispute.

"He is fast, aggressive, in this way he is the best. But unfortunately, drivers sometimes cannot prove they are the best by the decisions they make, and Alonso has made many mistakes," he said.

"He left Ferrari very early and decided to go to McLaren, but the problem with Honda's engine development was already known. Now he's disappointed, but going to McLaren was his decision," added Lauda.

#605 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 23:19

18161433_1459262287481331_48757648614657

fernandoalo_oficialRetro is the way forward . Helmet. #indyHelmet #alonsoIndy500

#606 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 14:16

C-5vp8NXkAAXJo3.jpg

#607 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 14:51

https://twitter.com/...762633649639425

#608 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 18:29

Ako Alonso ne može u Ferrari i Mercedes, a nemože, Renault mu je najbolja opcija. Red Bull nije klasični fabrički tim a uskoro neče viši biti ni neklasični. Ako Honda pokupi Mclaren i postane samo Honda, neče moči biti ni fabrički tim Honde. Ostaje opcija sopstvenog motora; ono, što bi morao uraditi Mclaren.
Mislim,da če iduče godine Renault biti 3. tim na stazi. Tamo negde sa RB.

Edited by staneC, 03 May 2017 - 18:30.

#609 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 19:52

Fernando Alonso has admitted that he was initially intimidated by turning into corners at around 227mph but is now able to lap the Indianapolis Motor Speedway flat all the way around.

“At the beginning, to be honest, the right foot was having its own brain, its own power!” he told Robin Miller. “It was not connected with my brain. So I wanted to be flat out but the right foot has its own life!

“Right now I’m more in control with my body and in control with the car so I’m able to be flat-out.”

The two-time world champion lapped the iconic 2.5-mile oval at 222.548mph on the 73rd of his 88 flying laps in the McLaren Honda Andretti entry.

“It’s a little bit gusty now, and the wind picked up in the last couple of runs, but it’s good information to have some difficulties out there,” said Alonso. “But everything went fine so far.”

Asked if he was getting comfortable, Alonso replied: “Not at all! I was getting up to speed, but the circuit looks so narrow when you are at that speed. When you watch on television or you are on the simulator, everything seems bigger and easier but when you are in the real car, it is very, very narrow.

“So I was trying different lines but really not as comfortable as I will be probably in a couple of weeks’ time.”

He said, too, that he had been learning how to adjust the car with his in-cockpit tools, as the team started trimming the car out, allowing it to move around.

“When you put new tires on, it masked the problems,” he said. “It masked a little bit the lower level of downforce. So now we’re playing a little bit with old tires, new tires and different trims.

“But I play a little bit with the front bars, the weightjackers – all these are new things for me that I really need to have a taste of now.”

#610 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 15:16

Live coverage on the internet of Fernando Alonso’s first IndyCar test attracted more than 2 million views on Wednesday, as interest in the Spaniard’s progress captured the attention of fans.

Although the Spaniard’s first experience at Indianapolis was a private test arranged by McLaren-Honda-Andretti, the circuit pulled out all the stops with a proper broadcast of the event involving a studio, in-depth interviews and fly-on-the-wall access.

The test was broadcast live on digital platforms YouTube and Facebook, and generated an unprecedented level of interest.

Reaching peaks of more than 70,000 concurrent viewers at times, the official figures recorded by YouTube and Facebook showed a combined overall viewership of 2,149,000 views.

This was split up between 950,000 views on IndyCar’s official Facebook channel and 1.2 million viewers on the official IndyCar channel on YouTube.

It was also was one of YouTube's top 10 trending videos of the day.

Lessons for F1

These numbers are in excess of what many popular categories – like F1 and MotoGP – get for race highlights and incidents, and proves that Alonso’s IndyCar effort has captured the imagination of fans.

What makes the viewership even more remarkable is that this was just a single-car test, and took place in the middle of the week.

It has already prompted suggestions that F1 could learn lessons from what has happened – with the Alonso coverage delivering remarkable access to his conversations with engineers, his run programme and emotions as he built up his speed.

F1 broadcaster Sky Sports aired a pre-season Barcelona test live back in 2013, but the effort was not repeated because the expense of doing so outweighed the level of interest from fans.

However, in F1 testing, cars are kept hidden behind screens and camera crews are given very limited access to drivers and engineers, so are unable to generate the kind of interest that IndyCar was able to do with Alonso on Wednesday.

#611 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:40

C-7PTGjWAAAbeRx.jpg

#612 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 19:37

Ovo je normalna reakcija oba LMP1 tima, Alonso je ugrabio priliku za Indi 500 s Meklarenom u sklopu Zakovog plana za Indikar i ako ne pređe u Reno imaće priliku i sledeće sezone da se oproba na Indi 500 ako ne pobedi ove godine. U Leman će tek ući ali nakon Formule 1, ništa pre 2020 najmanje.. Ala ga je Ron ujebo 2015, al opet bilo bi malo smešno da mu se tako lako otvaraju vrata i na koncu osvoji trostruku krunu u TOKU F1 karijere.

Porsche, Toyota dismiss running Alonso in Le Mans 2018

The Porsche and Toyota LMP1 teams have both poured cold water on the idea of running Fernando Alonso in next year’s Le Mans 24 Hours.

Since taking the decision to skip Formula 1’s Monaco Grand Prix in favour of an assault on the Indianapolis 500 with McLaren’s blessing, Alonso has spoken of his ambition to complete racing’s Triple Crown with victories at Indy and Le Mans.

Discussions were held about the Spaniard potentially joining Porsche’s LMP1 squad for the 2015 running of the French endurance classic, but came to nothing.

When asked by Motorsport.com if any thought had been given to running Alonso for the 2018 race in light of the two-time F1 champion’s Indy ambitions, Porsche team boss Andreas Seidl was adamant there would be no space for him.

“At the moment it’s not on the table on our side because we only have two cars and I do not see that changing for next year,” explained Seidl.

“With the six drivers we have right now, we are very happy. We have no seats available.

“It would have been easier in 2015 with the third car. We had talks there, it didn’t work out in the end. At the moment there are no options available on our side.”

Asked if all six full-time Porsche drivers were under contract for next season, Seidl replied: “We always plan long-term.”

Toyota’s Rob Leupen was similarly dismissive of the prospect of his team being able to accommodate Alonso for a Le Mans victory bid in 2018, even as part of a three-car line-up.

“From my point of view, it has to be balanced within the team,” Leupen told Motorsport.com. “It’s not a priority to get a big name in. There is no focus on this at all.

“Of course you would listen [if he approached Toyota], but for us it’s not something we would say we are interested in. Not at all.”

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 05 May 2017 - 19:39.

#613 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 15:53

Fernando Alonso has defended his kart circuit in his native Asturias, following the death of an 11-year-old boy.

Youngster Gonzalo Basurto was killed recently in a rollover crash.

It is believed some parents of young karters have subsequently pulled out of competing at the track, amid safety fears and concerns about the crash investigation.

Alonso said: "Motor sport is never going to be risk free even though we work tirelessly to make it as safe as possible.

"I don't think we have to mix the accident or what happened here with the circuit, which is one of only four tracks in Spain approved by the FIA.

"It has more to do with the karts, which have always been put into the air when they touch wheels.

"I am open to changing anything for safety," the McLaren-Honda driver added.

#614 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 18:22

Double Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso has revealed he will get to keep the Dallara-Honda IndyCar with which he will compete in the Indianapolis 500.

Alonso will miss F1's Monaco GP to make his oval racing debut in the May 28 event.

Alonso said on Thursday that his contract states that he will be able to keep the Andretti Autosport car after the race and add it to his museum in Asturias, Spain.

"After the race, it is coming. It will be in the museum as well," said Alonso ahead of the Spanish GP.

"Every car I jump in from 2004 or something like that, it is always in my contract that it will be in my museum afterwards, so this one is no different."

The McLaren driver, who made his testing debut at Indianapolis last week, admitted it took him a while to get comfortable in the cockpit of the Dallara.

"The car felt quite different," Alonso said. "Running this asymmetric set-up definitely feels not normal to drive.

"You need to adjust a little bit your mindset going into the run and the first corner. But at the end of the day I felt a bit more comfortable.

"Now when next week we start free practice and start running with other people around, I will hopefully build a little bit more confidence and understanding what the car needs and what I need as well to be prepared for May 28.

"Two intense weeks ahead, but looking forward to it."

#615 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:55

ueU3mUGg_normal.png