Posted 13 November 2008 - 15:29

Ako nekog zanima evo ga i transkript Federerove konferencije za stampu:

November 10, 2008
Roger Federer

SHANGHAI, CHINA

G. SIMON/R. Federer
4-6, 6-4, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How much was your back a problem today?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, actually no pain. I was happy the way it held up. You know, I was sort of skeptical going into the match because the practice sessions haven't been hard at all. I really tried to not push it at all. So I was actually happy that the back felt okay.

Q. Can you talk about, is there something he does in those two matches that you played that particularly bothers you, how it happens?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, the better you play, the better he plays, you know. And he's quite a unique player and he makes you work hard and runs very well. Yeah, he's unusual to play against.

Q. You're up a set and a break and everything seems okay. What happens at that moment? Do you feel you let a little bit down, the pressure?
ROGER FEDERER: Geez, I don't know. I don't remember the break I got particularly well. Definitely today shots maybe I miss I normally don't miss. I think that's just lack of practice and just uncertainty where my back was today.
All this comes together at the end the day, sometimes against top players it's not enough. Now at least I have a match under my belt, especially three sets, and I hope I can play better in the next match.

Q. You were in this situation last year, weren't you, too, losing your first match. You still got plenty to play for. Just your thoughts moving forward?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I'm just going to go match by match. That's the only way to go here anyway. But it's great. It's the only tournament where I really have a chance after losing first rounds. So I'm, again, happy it happened here.

Q. How do you compare today's match with the Toronto one?
ROGER FEDERER: Toronto match? Very similar (smiling). I lost both. Both three sets, and I lost both. Could have won both but lost. So very similar.

Q. How is your back today? Were you troubled by that at all?
ROGER FEDERER: Back was fine.

Q. You had less than 50% first serves and your overhead sometimes you had problems. Was that unconsciously you were thinking a little bit, you were careful with the back?
ROGER FEDERER: Sure, I mean, I had matches in Basel I was serving 15 aces. Here I was serving three aces. Definitely it was a factor today, you know, the serve. Like I said, it was just being caution and then on top of that just not feeling it well. I haven't been basically serving all week, except maybe 50 serves in total, you know, the last nine days.
That's what sometimes happens. The shoulder gets a little rusty and things don't work out the way you want it. I still expect myself to have more serves in. I didn't serve full blast especially from the start. So I don't know if that cost me the match. But I mean, I was still in the position to win. It was a pity I couldn't get to the finish line before him.

Q. As you pointed out, this a unique tournament because you get to come back even if you lost. And last year you were in a similar situation. How difficult is it to put aside this loss and then kind of like be up for the next match?
ROGER FEDERER: I thought it was particularly difficult last year. You know, I was really disappointed after losing against Gonzalez. I thought I was the better player out there. I don't want to say he got lucky on a few backhands. I just really thought it was one of those losses that was just so unnecessary.
But coming into the locker room instead of maybe winning in straight, because I think I lost the second set in a breaker, and I had all the chances, and end up losing like 7-5 in the third. So it was like, What just happened? I couldn't really figure it out.
It was hard for that night. I was really sort of disappointed. On top of that, because I never been in that situation before, so I didn't know how I reacted, except at the Olympic Games when I lost sort of the silver medal match against Tommy Haas in 2000 and then I ended up losing against Di Pasquale as well the next match. I remember I couldn't get up for it basically.
Last year was difficult. I think this year will be more easy because I've already gone through it just a year ago. I think that's going to help me out.
I'm definitely in a more positive mindset today just because my back feels good. I was, like I said, a little worried coming in. So that sort of goes into a positive direction. I hope I can play much better the next match.

Q. I'd like to hear some of your comments on the election of the new president of ATP. There was rumors one of the nominees is Larry Scott, who is the president of the WTA. He has a new plan to reunite the ATP and WTA to be one tour.
ROGER FEDERER: Many people have many ideas at the moment. We'll see what happens in the next week. It's not really the thing I want to talk about right now.

#48 tamara15

tamara15
  • Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 15:32

A evo ga i jucerasnji. Meni je zanimljivo da citam originalna pitanja i odgovore a ne preradjene tekstove novinara potom.

November 12, 2008
Roger Federer

SHANGHAI, CHINA

R. FEDERER/R. Stepanek
7-6, 6-4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Bit of an unusual situation today. Usually when your opponent pulls out last minute you have a walkover. How did that affect you? When did you find out?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, not too much. You're always sort of ready for news like this, you know, with the alternates flying around the locker rooms and everywhere.
But I heard after I warmed up. Wasn't a huge adjustment. You know, I mean, things are ready to, you know, be played for. I guess it was maybe a touch easier playing Andy obviously than playing Radek who is playing for the first time in a Masters Cup.

Q. Last year you lost your first match and then went undefeated through the rest of the championship. Are you tempted to look that far ahead and think perhaps you could do the same thing again in successive years?
ROGER FEDERER: I mean, sure. Why not? I've done it once. I've always had a lot of success, you know, in Masters Cup play. Like obviously the situation that is in my control.
If I win, I'm through. That's the similar situation that I was in last year, except last year I was through before my match in the end. So it was kind of a funny turn of events.
So we'll see. I mean, important to rest up and see what happens against Murray, because only a good performance will do the job.

Q. Andy Murray said he would like to beat you and knock you out of this competition. What is your comment on that?
ROGER FEDERER: Sure. I mean, he would be stupid saying something different.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the match. Should be interesting. You know, he's a wonderful player. He's had a great end to the season. He's definitely, you know, the guy probably most in form, you know, with a couple of guys. It's an interesting matchup.

Q. You said you were feeling sick yesterday. Could you give us a little bit of an idea of what happened, and how did you feel out there when you were playing tonight?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I got sick, or started to feel really bad after my match was over with Simon only later on when I got back to the hotel, and shortly before I was going to bed. Woke up in the morning and I was feeling terrible. Really upset stomach and couldn't even practice. Didn't go out of the room. Just sort of trying to get over things. It would have been impossible to play yesterday.
So I guess I got really lucky, you know, that match was scheduled late today. Then, I guess that Andy pulled out sort of got a little bit more lucky. And then Radek is not playing with his own racquets, so that made it a little bit more lucky again.
At the end of the day I still have a chance. I hope with a day of recovery, I'll make a miracle happen here and get through into the semis.

Q. You said earlier this year in Dubai that you were surprised that Andy Murray hadn't changed his game a lot; that he was still basically a fairly defensive player. Would you say with his progress this year, has he changed much as a player?
ROGER FEDERER: I guess he's gotten more confident, you know. That's obviously a huge difference in a player, especially young and up-and-coming who has big potential. That makes a big, big difference. I mean, know why I said it, I guess. Because Andy can play aggressive, but he doesn't choose to do it.
I mean, it's a good option to have, I guess. It was a compliment on the highest of levels. I knew Andy took it this way. But some journalists don't understand tennis enough that they took it in the wrong context.

Q. The situation on Friday is slightly unusual in that Andy has already qualified and you haven't. How might that change the match, do you think? You'll go in with a much stronger attitude than he might?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it is a tough situation because usually, you know, there's all to play for in any match during the year. All of a sudden you come to the Masters Cup play and one's sometimes through and the other guy's not. Sometimes both are through or both are out. It does change your approach a little bit.
But over all the years I've taken part in Masters Cups, I've seen the best of efforts all the way through. I think that's what counts. I've seen a situation where back in 2002 I came here and Moya played Costa. If Moya loses, you know, who was already qualified against Costa, Hewitt would have been out.
Of course that doesn't happen. Hewitt goes through and wins the tournament, you know, and stays No. 1 in the world.
So it's good to see, you know. That's why I think we can expect a match that's going to be full-on. There's a lot to play for, you know, prestige. I don't think Andy wants to go into the semifinals with a loss, you know, and that's why it's going to be a good matchup for me.

Q. What do you think about the Davis Cup? Who will be the winner now?
ROGER FEDERER: I always thought it was a 50/50. Maybe a little bit an edge to Argentina while Rafa was still going to play. Now that he doesn't play, obviously see it more like 65/35, you know.
But, you know, tough. You never know. Still believe that Argentina's probably gonna win.

Q. Could you give us a sense of the speed of the court, how it's playing, and how difficult it might be even for an attacking player, how difficult it is to hit through this court.
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I guess it depends a little bit who plays who. I mean, if you have two attacking players, this court could obviously play a little fast, you know, because the ball stays low on your slice. It can take the kick.
But, I mean, all in all, it's still a slow medium-paced court. It's something I don't like to see that often, you know, is that courts that slow now over all the years have, outdoor hard courts and indoors have become all so similar. It's not like the change like it used to be when Pete and these guys were around.
I mean, I like this court. You know, it's played in my favor over the years. But I would still like to see it play a little bit more fast. But, yeah, especially a guy like Andy or, you know, guys who defend so well, it's obviously hard to get the balls past them, so you have to out-maneuver them.

#49 tamara15

tamara15
  • Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 00:06

Jedna slicka Feda (samo za Moketa) - tema pala na drugu stranu, red je da je/ga vratimo malo u zizu :ph34r: :

#50 moke

moke
  • Members
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:15

Jedna slicka Feda (samo za Moketa) - tema pala na drugu stranu, red je da je/ga vratimo malo u zizu :ph34r: :

hvala mila :)

#51 djordja

djordja
  • Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:17

Mogu ti reci, vec sam se pitala sta je sa ovom temom. Kod Rafe, stranice samo lete......,a tek slidze :).
Otkad nema octaviana, sve zamrlo (mislim, na ovoj temi).

#52 tamara15

tamara15
  • Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 00:39

Ne znam gde tacno da smestim ovo, ali mozda je ipak prikladnije ovde:
Link

Federer was just as tetchy off the court as he was on it, reacting angrily to suggestions that he gave up in the closing moments of the 2hr 5min struggle and paying Murray the most backhanded of compliments in response to question’s about the Scot’s No 1 potential.

“If he carries on playing the way he is he will have his shot [at the top ranking], said Federer. “I would hope, though, that if he were to become world No 1 he would win a grand slam first, not like on the women’s side. No disrespect to Jelena Jankovic [who claimed world No 1 status without winning a single grand slam title].

:ph34r:

#53 desperate for housewives

desperate for housewives
  • Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:01

Ceo citat

Federer was just as tetchy off the court as he was on it, reacting angrily to suggestions that he gave up in the closing moments of the 2hr 5min struggle and paying Murray the most backhanded of compliments in response to question’s about the Scot’s No 1 potential.

“If he carries on playing the way he is he will have his shot [at the top ranking], said Federer. “I would hope, though, that if he were to become world No 1 he would win a grand slam first, not like on the women’s side. No disrespect to Jelena Jankovic [who claimed world No 1 status without winning a single grand slam title].

“Especially after the No 1s we have had in the last few years. It took Rafa Nadal five grand slams before he became No 1. The question is whether he [Murray] is going to win a grand slam, well 'yes’.

“He has got a chance in the next few years and as the years go by I guess his chances increase because he is becoming a better player.

But there are a few other guys out there who want their first slam, not only him"

#54 tamara15

tamara15
  • Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:14

Pa stavila sam link na ceo tekst. A akcenat je bio na komentaru o Jeleni. Sta mu je to trebalo? Sad uvlaci i teniserke u celu pricu. Svasta!

#55 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:17

Ma, jok, poenta je bila na Mareju i tome da nije osvajač slema, a Jelena je iskorišćena čisto radi deskriptivnosti :ph34r: .To su inače poznati klišei u tenisu-slem pre broja 1. , čak slem ispred broja 1.Još bolje ako idu ruku pod ruku...

#56 tamara15

tamara15
  • Banned
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:26

Pa dok Endi dogura do prvog mesta proci ce jos puno vremena, Nadal je prilicno siguran na prvom mestu u bliskoj buducnosti (ja bih rekla sigurno do RG). Sve jedno, makar i figurativno vrlo je nisko uvlaciti Jelenu (ponovo!) u celu pricu.

#57 desperate for housewives

desperate for housewives
  • Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:39

Nisam video link.

Ocekivao sam zestoku konferenciju posle ovog poraza, na kraju je izgledao ljuto , mislim da se nije rukovao sa sudijom. Razumem da je dosadno kada im stalno postavljaju ista pitanja, ali ni meni nije jasno zasto spomenu JJ.

Mada,na zalost mislim da tako svi teniseri/teniserke i misle. JJ nece imati njihovo postovanje dok ne osvoji Slam.

#58 odyssey

odyssey
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 17:53

U principu sve vise je poceo da prica i sve mu teze pada to sto ga pobedjuju novi klinci.
Cenim ga ali sve manje - bas zbog toga sto mnogo prica i pametuje.
Nekako je to prolazilo dok je bio onoliko dugo prvi ali sad vec pocinje da lici na nekog ko se uvek ljuti kada ga neko pobedi.

Izvinjavam se pravim fanovima sa ovog topika zbog ovih reci :ph34r:

#59 M.S.25.

M.S.25.
  • Members
  • 16,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 19:01

Ja samo da izjavim da mi je jako žao što Oktavian dugo ne piše kod nas i ne održava u životu ovu temu, koja (ma koliko me nervirala :ph34r: ) objektivno zaslužuje da bude na prvoj stranici.

#60 enamat

enamat
  • Members
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 22:18

Hahaha, jel ste culi ovo. Fedja je postao duhovit i silno se zezao na press konferenciji

Roger Federer On Winning Australian Open: 'I'm Not Roger Federer, I'm Novak Djokovic'

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA—Following questions on topics ranging from his feelings about winning his fourth Australian Open title to his relationship with Tiger Woods, a visibly frustrated Roger Federer informed reporters Sunday that he was not tennis player Roger Federer and was in fact tennis player Novak Djokovic. "This is my first Grand Slam title, though I hope to win many more," said Federer, who initially appeared to be having fun at the expense of the media present by wearing a dark wig and speaking with an exaggerated Serbian accent. "Seriously, I'm Novak Djokovic. I beat Roger Federer in straight sets in the semi-finals. I repeat, my name is Novak Djokovic. That's capital N, O, V, [approx. 10 letters omitted]." Longtime tennis reporter Bud Collins said the post-match press conference was "classic loose, easygoing Federer," adding that the 14-time Grand Slam champion always remains humble and often deflects praise onto others when asked about his professional achievements

Edited by enamat, 14 January 2009 - 22:20.