Photo

Acceptance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
224 replies to this topic

#1 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 15:58

It was good to read of Prime Minister Djindjic's positive views relating to tolerance. I say, however, as always, raise the standard higher and strive for acceptance. Acceptance will move your nation closer to the inclusion of all. Acceptance will put less stress on your society, for tolerance enables problems to continue to exist.

#2 Sister

Sister
  • Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 16:09

Hi Ed, nice to see you "over here". I remember you from your postings on English forum, where I've been lurking for quite awhile. Welcome to the "funhouse" :smile:

#3 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 16:16

On 2001-07-02 17:09, Sister wrote:
Hi Ed, nice to see you "over here". I remember you from your postings on English forum, where I've been lurking for quite awhile. Welcome to the "funhouse" :smile:

Thanks for the welcome, Sister. I do not understand Serbian...but who knows, maybe I will pick up some of your language as time goes on. If my son's band tours Europe, my wife and I are coming over. If that happens, I am going to try and get to Belgrade to visit a special young attorney and his family. Knowledge of some Serbian, I am sure will help.

By the way, what is the tone of the Gay Parade discussion? Positive or Negative?

#4 The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fight

The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fight
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 16:28

Thanks Eddie boy,
but it's not so easy to realize all of the matter in our, serbian, social reality. To explain it in a more simple way, we are dealing with the super-high percentage of brain-washed people, brain-damaged by the years of poverty, unemployment, and sharp serbian nat/z/ionalistic campaign and propaganda.
We as moderates, have a-hell-of-a-hard work to do and achieve...Mr. Djindjic, who You have kindly mentioned, is, as our Prime Minister, the first among us who represents these noble, new, moderate and creative ideas of the serbian social, political, and economical reality.
Still, there is a long, long way for us to come before we can be able to speak loudly:
- Oh, yeah, we did it, we put our Serbia into the acceptance of The League of Nations and of The Free World.
Nevertheless, we thank you for Your nice wishes and positive thoughts upon us.
Sincerely, T.R.O.C. Fighta

#5 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 16:42

The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fighter:
Thanks Eddie boy,
but it's not so easy to realize all of the matter in our, serbian, social reality. To explain it in a more simple way, we are dealing with the super-high percentage of brain-washed people, brain-damaged by the years of poverty, unemployment, and sharp serbian nat/z/ionalistic campaign and propaganda.
We as moderates, have a-hell-of-a-hard work to do and achieve...Mr. Djindjic, who You have kindly mentioned, is, as our Prime Minister, the first among us who represents these noble, new, moderate and creative ideas of the serbian social, political, and economical reality.
Still, there is a long, long way for us to come before we can be able to speak loudly:
- Oh, yeah, we did it, we put our Serbia into the acceptance of The League of Nations and of The Free World.
Nevertheless, we thank you for Your nice wishes and positive thoughts upon us.
Sincerely, T.R.O.C. Fighta

I agree, Cool One. Mr. Djindjic mentioned the same things you have posted in the news article that I read here at B92. Believe me, I have learned in my world that nothing will be accomplished over night. Attitudes take time to change...even in the best conditions.

I'll stick around and "throw my two cents" in sometimes...maybe, it will help. Is that okay with you?

#6 The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fight

The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fight
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 16:55

Completely cool.
Stick around, help us to get high, so high.
May The Cool Be Upon You, Eddie Boy!

#7 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 17:05

Dear Ed,

A big welcome! It's great to see you haven't given up on writing on the forum, good to see you back.

Should you be in a situation to go to Serbia, I'm sure that some of the people here -who are from Serbia (on this forum)would be interested and willing to offer assistance or information, in case you need it.

Since you have asked, although I'm sure you have some information, the Gay Parade was sabotaged and some of the participants beaten up by a bunch of brainless thugs last Saturday. We've had long discussions here on the subject and a vast majority of forum participants declare that the violence towards Gay Parade participants was unacceptable. Unfortunately, Belgrade city authorities & chief of police bear the blame for the aggression spilling out because they did not provide adequate security, despite the early warnings & threats from the extremist groups. Hopefully this is just a one off case and as democracy in Serbia develops, people will become more tolerant towards others.

[ Izmena poruke: branka n. na dan 2001-07-02 22:36 ]

#8 Sister

Sister
  • Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 17:17

edrosenberg:
By the way, what is the tone of the Gay Parade discussion? Positive or Negative?

One thing is for sure, most participants of discussion have condemned violence. As for parade and discussion on homosexuality -- you could say that oppinions are split. But I must say that I expected much worse approach and that discussion is civilized for an internet forum :wink:

#9 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 17:43

The-Rebirth-Of-Cool Fighter:
Completely cool.
Stick around, help us to get high, so high.
May The Cool Be Upon You, Eddie Boy!

And may the Cool Breeze always be favorable to you, Cool One.

#10 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 17:51

Thanks, Branka.

I suppose I don't have enough sense to stop beating my head against the wall.

You know, based on what I have learned here thus far, the Prime Minister had to have some political guts to make the statement that he did relating to tolerance. I don't know if any American politican would have done so...given a similar environment.

#11 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 17:53

On 2001-07-02 18:17, Sister wrote:

edrosenberg:

One thing is for sure, most participants of discussion have condemned violence. As for parade and discussion on homosexuality -- you could say that oppinions are split. But I must say that I expected much worse approach and that discussion is civilized for an internet forum :wink:

Sounds great, Sister. ..very positive.

#12 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 19:07

Dear Ed,

I know it’s difficult to leave a ‘virtual society’ once you’ve spent some time there, I have the same ‘symptoms’, although I must say I haven’t been to the forum in English lately.

What you are saying about Djindjic’s speech sounds right to me. Should there be no public denouncement and condemnation of such brutality, such negative occurrences would only continue to exist.

Therefore, I can only say it's brilliant Serbia now has such politicians like Z. Djindjic, who has, yet again, shown so much decisiveness and thoughtfulness in his actions.
Yep, I know what you are saying- somehow I can't see G.W. Bush doing the same, though, let's hope I'm wrong on that one.

[ Izmena poruke: branka n. na dan 2001-07-02 20:17 ]

#13 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 20:14

I will have to learn more, but, at this point, Prime Minister Djindjic appears to be just the person Yugoslavia needs to bring it up to speed with current European norms. The Prime Minister may be the one to facillitate entry into the European Union, if Yugoslavia so wishes.

#14 edrosenberg

edrosenberg
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 20:16

On 2001-07-02 21:14, edrosenberg wrote:
I will have to learn more, but, at this point, Prime Minister Djindjic appears to be just the person Yugoslavia needs to bring it up to speed with current European norms.  The Prime Minister may be the one to facillitate entry into the European Union, if Yugoslavia so wishes.

Hmm..."norms" may not be the correct term. Perhaps, ideals would be better.

#15 branka n.

branka n.
  • Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 21:39

Well, again positive, I believe if anyone he would be able to bring Serbia closer to Europe.