• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 00:19

28479813518_5c29f6e387_o.png

Sve vezano uz nadolazeću sezonu post-ovaćemo u ovoj temi. Od pravila do silly seasona, mada nešto će završiti i u temama s vozačima i timovima. Sve shodno situaciji.

#2 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 00:23

Revealed: What F1’s 2019 cars will really look like | Formula 1 news
f1-giorgio-piola-animation-for-2019-f1-r Formula 1's recent decision to revise its aerodynamic rules for 2019, ahead of a major overhaul in 2021, is all about trying to improve the quality of racing in the short-term.

Processional races at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, on the tight confines of Melbourne's Albert Park circuit, and in the recent Spanish Grand Prix at Barcelona, highlight how difficult it is for the current, high-downforce F1 cars to follow each other at speed and race closely.

A special team led by former Ferrari and Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn has closely analysed this problem and some of their proposed solutions were further analysed by the teams and are being brought forward for next year, despite opposition in some camps.

These changes broadly consist of a wider and simpler front wing, a tidier front brake duct assembly - removing the various winglets that presently adorn them, the exclusion of close channel brake duct aero - including blown front axles - and a wider, deeper rear wing devoid of endplate louvres.

These aerodynamic tweaks accompany an increase in the fuel limit to 110kg - to reduce the amount of lifting and coasting drivers do in races to save fuel - and a driver and seat combined weight limit, designed to alleviate the disadvantaged faced by heavier drivers in what remain extremely heavy cars.

As this new animation from Giorgio Piola explains, the new regulations seek to simplify the front wing so the aerodynamic losses caused by following a car are reduced, making it easier drivers to follow each other thanks to the car in front encountering greater drag and the car behind receiving less turbulent airflow to its own aerodynamic surfaces.

The front wings will become bigger, but less complex, featuring smaller endplates and fewer flaps. 

f1-giorgio-piola-animation-for-2019-f1-r

The stacked cascades, 'r' vanes and endplate canards that have become commonplace will no longer be permitted, leaving designers fewer tools with which to reduce the drag created by the front tyre and pull any turbulent airflow it would otherwise create away from the edge of the floor to improve underfloor and diffuser performance.

Simplification of the front brake ducts will work in tandem with the front wing changes, encouraging designers to use the ducts for the primary purpose of cooling, rather than aerodynamic gain.

This should mean no more 'blown axle', which currently features on the Ferrari SF71H, Red Bull RB14, Haas VF-18, McLaren MCL33 and Force India VJM11.

The scope available for change at the rear of the car is much more limited dimensionally, but the rear wings will become taller, wider and simpler, which makes more surface area available to generate downforce but also changes the ratio of the main plane and top flap, increasing the strength of DRS thanks to the consequent increase in drag.

This all should give us a glimpse of how F1 will likely look in 2021, when grand prix racing will undergo wholesale changes.

f1-giorgio-piola-animation-for-2019-f1-r

#3 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 16:18

Tema za 2019? Sto ne i za 2021?

:krsta:

#4 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 23:07

fia.com

FIA Reveals Ultra-Protective Helmet for F1

5-6 minutes

The FIA has released a new top-end helmet standard that will bring about increased protection for racing drivers in all major championships.

img_4933_0.jpg?itok=oHloVQng

New helmets will be mandatory for F1 from 2019, with other championships to follow

The FIA has released a new top-end helmet standard that will bring about increased protection for racing drivers in all major championships.

This follows over a decade of research to create the ultimate standard for helmet manufacturers to meet to further increase safety.

The latest standard, called FIA 8860-2018, outlines the design and performance requirements that the helmet manufacturers must achieve to provide equipment for the FIA’s top series. It will be mandatory for Formula One from 2019 and in other championships soon after.

These new helmets will offer a number of safety benefits, including advanced ballistic protection, increased energy absorption and an extended area of protection for drivers.

Laurent Mekies, FIA Safety Director, said: “The current top-end helmets are already the safest in the world but the new standard will take them to the next level. It is important for all of our safety research that we continually strive to improve and this is why we are requiring all manufacturers to meet this tougher standard for our championships.”

Throughout the research programme, FIA researchers worked closely with F1 helmet manufacturers such as Stilo, Bell Racing, Schuberth and Arai. It is now up to these manufacturers to deliver the production versions of the new helmets for the 2019 F1 season.

Stephane Cohen, Bell Racing Helmets Chairman, said: “The area of testing will be expanded compared to what we currently enjoy, which means that the overall protection of those helmets could be considered better and as usual the FIA will be at the forefront of helmet protection technology. This will be the most advanced standard in the world without any possible discussion.”

Changes based on the new standard include:

• Top of visor opening lowered by 10mm to incorporate advanced ballistic protection that achieves unprecedented levels of safety during impact from debris.

• Extended areas of protection on sides to offer compatibility with latest single-seater headrests and closed car seat-side head protection systems, ensuring energy management is exactly where headrests are positioned.

• Helmet shell construction using advanced composite materials to ensure it is not only tough but also resistant to crushing and penetration.

• Test methods include variable crash speeds to account for different accidents and a range of weights to account for different mass headforms.

Toughened Tests

Under the new FIA 8860-2018 standard all helmets must withstand the following tests:

1. Standard impact: Helmet impact at 9.5m/s. Peak deceleration on ‘driver’s head’ shall not exceed 275G.

2. Low velocity impact: Helmet impact at 6m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 200G with a maximum average of 180g.

3. Low lateral impact: Helmet impact at 8.5m/s. Peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.

4. Advanced Ballistic Protection: A 225g metal projectile fired at 250km/h. The peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.

5. Crush: A 10kg weight falling 5.1 metres onto helmet. Lateral and longitudinal tests. The transmitted force should not exceed 10 kN.

6. Shell penetration: A 4kg impactor dropped onto helmet at 7.7 m/s.

7. Visor penetration: Air rifle fires 1.2g pellet at visor. Pellet must not penetrate the interior of the helmet.

8. Visor coating: Transmitter test to ensure colouration and vision is not significantly changed or distorted.

9. Retention system: Roll-off test and dynamic test to ensure strength of chin strap and its attachments.

10. Chin guard linear impact: Impact test with full headform at 5.5m/s. The peak deceleration shall not exceed 275G.

11. Chin guard crush: Hammer hits chin guard and measures ability to keep impact away from the head.

12. FHR mechanical strength: Test to ensure high strength of attachment points for Frontal Head Restraints.

13. Projection and surface friction: Test to ensure helmet surface uniformity and that friction is minimised. Shell surface also subjected to BARCOL hardness test for resistance to penetration.

14. Flammability: Helmet exposed to 790 C° flame; it must self-extinguish once flame is removed.

See FIA AUTO Magazine issue 22 for further information on this project

Video of FIA New Standard Helmet Reveal

ABOUT FIA

The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile is the governing body of world motor sport and the federation of the world’s leading motoring organisations. Founded in 1904, it brings together 236 national motoring and sporting organisations from more than 135 countries, representing millions of motorists worldwide. In motor sport, it administers the rules and regulations for all international four-wheel sport, including the FIA Formula One World Championship and FIA World Rally Championship.

#5 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 23:25

Mogli su da jos smanje vizir i da ostave samo male proteze kao kod srednjovekovnih viteških kaciga.
https://t3.rbxcdn.co...8687370f144f012

#6 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:50

koliko je ovo tesko u odnosu na sadasnje kacige? (bitno zbog g-sila u krivinama i prilikom udesa)

#7 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 16:54

Vrlo verovatno da su slicne tezine, odnosno mozda je ova nova za mrvicu teza ali neznatno. Iskreno mene i dalje kopka sto FIA i FOM nemaju u planu uvodjenje standardne POV kamere kao sto imamo  prilike gledati u Indikaru. U pocetku to po pitanju kvalitete nece liciti na ono iz Indikara ali konacno bi gledaoci mogli uzivati uz spektakularne snimke najskupljeg automoto sporta na svetu. Misljenja sam da se to nece ostvariti u dogledno vreme jer vozaci na volanu imaju onaj displej koji je pun strogo cuvanih tajni i pokazuje podatke  koji timovi zele sakriti od drugih. Zamagljivanje istog bi samo ucilo vise stetu nego koristi.

#8 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:43

Savard:

We’re getting into the start of the F1 silly season now, and I expect that to be lively this year, given that on paper four of the top six drivers are out of contract at the end of the year. I doubt that will be the case by the next time I have lunch at home. We should soon get confirmation that the two Mercedes drivers are staying on and I’d be surprised if Ferrari did anything other than sticking with Räikkönen. That effectively means that there is no upward path for Daniel Ricciardo so his best option is to stay where he is, unless a rival team can convince him to leave. I don’t see that happening. Beneath that there will be dominoes falling.

#9 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:02

Италијани пишу да Киме моли екипу да одступи из Ф1 на крају године. Зато се пишу будалаштине о монегашком Барикелу те Рикјардовом ангажману у Мекларену а не у Ферарију.

#10 Jurgen

Jurgen
  • Members
  • 6,514 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:27

Италијани пишу да Киме моли екипу да одступи из Ф1 на крају године. Зато се пишу будалаштине о монегашком Барикелу те Рикјардовом ангажману у Мекларену а не у Ферарију.

Zašto bi Kimi njih bilo šta molio? On ima ugovor samo još za ovu godinu, i ako ne želi više da vozi, neće ni voziti. 

#11 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 13:03

Daniel Ricciardo admits he holds some interest in joining either McLaren or Renault in order to try and lead either team toward the front of the Formula 1 grid.

Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull have all won multiple races this season, but McLaren and Renault continue to invest heavily to try and break the dominance of those three teams. With Fernando Alonso’s future at McLaren uncertain, Ricciardo — who is out of contract at the end of the year — was linked with a move to replace the Spaniard on Thursday, and he says joining either McLaren or Renault is a scenario he would contemplate.

Asked if it is appealing to go to either team to be the lead driver even if they’re not winning races, Ricciardo replied: “There is part of it which is.

“I’m not going to say it doesn’t interest me at all. Probably more because what Lewis [Hamilton] was able to do with Mercedes. If you’re saying those two teams, they are not quite in that position yet. But could they be? Maybe. The thought of that, it has some appeal.

“I wouldn’t say it’s top of my list now. But I wouldn’t dismiss it also. I’ve said with Red Bull, I’m also careful not to, just from a personal point of view, burn any bridges because you never know where the sport will take you. If I do move on from Red Bull, I never want to criticize them. I’ve had it pretty good there and it’s been really fun.

“McLaren and Renault aren’t there today but maybe they will be there in a year or three years’ time. You never know. Lewis pulled the trigger pretty well. Whether he fluked it, he said it was going to happen, I don’t know! Whether he fluked it or not, he did well for himself with that move.

“Whether it’s just a fantasy for everyone else, at least there is some proof something like that can happen again.”

And asked about comments attributed to Helmut Marko that McLaren has made him a big money offer, Ricciardo replied: “I did see it about an hour ago.

“As far as comments on it, I haven’t been presented anything which says that. I’m aware, I’ll be honest… everyone is talking about Mercedes and Ferrari as potential places for me to go but I’m aware there is going to be interest from other teams and McLaren is probably one of them.

“Probably it depends on what Fernando does, if he stays or if he goes. If he does go, they probably want a more experienced driver to come in. We’ll see. There are a lot of things to weigh up. Nothing really to comment on that.”

#12 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 13:50

Team managers had an informal meeting recently where they discussed cutting pre-season testing to a single five-day session, and having just one in-season test.

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 14:10

MEDLAND: Not-so-silly season
presser-hone.jpg

By: RACER Staff | 18 hours ago

The term ‘news cycle’ isn’t supposed to be about repetition. Generally, it’s the rise and fall of news stories in the media, and the time they will be reported.

But in Formula 1 — and most motorsports looking at what some of my RACER colleagues are chasing each year — there is a period where every single interview will include the question: “Any news about what you’re doing next season?”

The middle of the European season tends to be the time that F1’s rumor mill really kicks into gear. The championship is established enough that we can understand trends and know largely what to expect in terms of pecking orders, but it’s still too early to overplay the significance of each result in the title battles.

That leaves a bit of a vacuum where focus switches to next year, and which drivers might be on the move. Talks start behind closed doors, but rarely are the different parties ready to start using the media to move the narrative along as discussions are at an early — and usually optimistic — stage.

This season, there’s the somewhat unusual situation where four of the top six drivers are out of contract at the end of the year. But the focus has been predominantly on one of them: Daniel Ricciardo.

The Australian’s reluctance to start talks about a new deal over the winter while weighing up his options suggested genuine concerns about the future at Red Bull, in part due to its power unit partnerships and in part as a result of the lucrative new contract signed by Max Verstappen late last year.

pool1.jpg
Getty Images for Red Bull

pool-rbcp.jpg
Getty Images for Red Bull

With Lewis Hamilton, Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen all sitting on contracts that were expiring at the end of 2018, Ricciardo was hopeful for an opening at either Mercedes or Ferrari. His own performances had to be up to scratch — and with two victories and a pole position they have been — but the form of others appears to have closed those doors.

Hamilton has yet to publicly confirm he’s signed a new deal at Mercedes, but the increasing consensus is that it’s only a matter of time until an announcement is made. Tied in with that is retaining Bottas, who is performing solidly once again — robbed of victory in Baku due to a puncture — and helping maintain the harmony that allows Mercedes to get the best out of the four-time world champion.

A similar dynamic is taken into consideration at Ferrari, where Raikkonen’s position as support act to Sebastian Vettel has been extended with new one-year deals for the past three seasons. As Ricciardo got the better of Vettel during their solitary season as teammates in 2014, it’s unlikely the German would be particularly happy at his hiring, but Charles Leclerc’s performances have put the rookie in the frame and any deal for Ricciardo would block Leclerc’s route.

So silly season really kicked in last weekend at the French Grand Prix when Ricciardo was linked with a move to McLaren to replace Fernando Alonso.

Replacing Alonso is the other key to the market, namely whether McLaren has to or not. With racing director Eric Boullier openly admitting preliminary discussions have been held with Ricciardo, either Alonso has suggested he won’t race for the team in F1 next year (but may well still do so in IndyCar) or McLaren is keen to get the double world champion to speed up his decision making.

mclaren2.jpg
Image by Tee/LAT

Christian Horner summed it up that it would be a brave move for Ricciardo to head to Woking when Red Bull has been so far ahead of McLaren this season, and the latest paddock rumor indicates that any talks that have taken place haven’t advanced particularly far. Raikkonen’s name was thrown into the mix as an Alonso replacement this week, and as far-fetched as it sounds, there’s method to the madness.

If Alonso walks, McLaren needs a headline name to replace him. Ricciardo is likely to prove too difficult to lure away from Red Bull — flattered though he is at the interest, his eyes are farther up the grid — and so a world champion is the ideal target from a commercial point of view as well as a driving one.

Raikkonen is in the twilight of his career and struggles to perform when it really matters, but all is not well between the Finn and Ferrari and that lack of confidence doesn’t help performances. At the same time, McLaren is not fighting at the front, and having a world champion in the team keeps sponsors happy.

There’s only Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and Raikkonen who fit that bill, and what is a more attractive-sounding line-up from a partner’s point of view: Lando Norris and Stoffel Vandoorne or Kimi Raikkonen and either of those young talents?

So in many senses, Alonso holds the key to the driver market right now, but not in the way he will have hoped. His perfect scenario would be to take one of the seats Ricciardo was angling for — specifically Mercedes — but the top three are off-limits to him. IndyCar looks to be the most viable option (along with a return to Renault) and if he makes that switch, then McLaren will be chasing the biggest name it can get to take his seat.

maugerlat.jpg
Image by Mauger/LAT

If Raikkonen is retained by Ferrari, or opts to call it a day if replaced by Leclerc, then the likes of Sergio Perez remain on McLaren’s radar. The Mexican is a more mature prospect now than he was during his single year with the team in 2013, but has yet to be given a chance to show it at a bigger outfit.

Timing will be everything. With Hamilton, Bottas and Ricciardo all likely to stay put, McLaren can only seriously go after Raikkonen if Alonso has made his decision. If not, and Ferrari offer Kimi another year, that potential option will disappear, too.

When so many plates are spinning and need others to fall in order to facilitate moves, the status quo usually prevails. The smart money right now is on the top three teams sticking, with the only change being Leclerc replacing Raikkonen. In the latter scenario, Ferrari doesn’t need to move particularly quickly, as it controls Leclerc’s future.

Despite that, while contracts remain unsigned then those further down the grid will always wait to see what pans out at the front. The sooner they know, the sooner they can get on with making their own plans, and that’s where rumors are dropped into the media to try and accelerate a decision.

The uncertainty over a driver’s future — however likely it is that they will remain in the same place — creates another metaphorical vacuum about who could fill that space.

Regardless of the final outcomes, all that’s certain is we’ll do it all again next year.

–Chris Medland

#14 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 14:13

Team managers had an informal meeting recently where they discussed cutting pre-season testing to a single five-day session, and having just one in-season test.

Ako su zaista odlucili da krenu tim putem onda treba da prestanu da serendaju sa pravilima i da ih ostave stabilnim tako da se isti bolidi mogu koristiti i po nekoliko sezona. Taman bi ciklus od jedno 3-4 godine bio dovoljan da se koncept bolida razvije do svojih krajnjih mogucnosti i da se iz njega istresu bubice, s obzirom na ogranicenost testiranja i broja komponenti koje se mogu menjati tokom sezone.

#15 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 13:51

Službeni vodič za VN Nemačke ima lepo štivo o aerodinamici bolida za sledeću sezonu

Spoiler