Ferrari 2018

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 16:56

Ferrari is still a long way from agreeing to stay in formula one beyond 2020.

That is the view of Ferrari's current CEO Louis Camilleri.

The 63-year-old took over recently following the death of Sergio Marchionne, who had warned that as Liberty Media looked to make technical, financial and governance changes for 2021, Ferrari's signature was not guaranteed.

"Discussions are underway regarding the technical, financial and governance aspects," Camilleri told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We believe there is a basic consensus on the principle objectives that will define the future, but the precise vision as to how to get there is still quite far away.

"Progress has been made," Camilleri added, "but we are still far from an agreement that includes everything and can be signed by all the participants.

"I remain optimistic that an agreement will be reached in time, but I would like to add that as Ferrari, we continue to insist that it cannot be to the detriment of F1 remaining as the top technical competition in motor sport.

"There are obvious conflicts of interest," he explained. "Liberty wants to make more money and the teams do too, so we are all waiting a bit."

#182 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 18:11

Izgleda da je neko popricao sa malim cim je ovako uvukao rogove:

Charles Leclerc says he will try not to be too demanding of Ferrari when he joins the team in 2019, and will instead try to learn what is required to be successful.

“For now, I will just come in and take it easy,” Leclerc said. “It’s still a long way away and I’m fully focused on this season, and then next season we will see. But for sure I will not arrive and there and act like I am the king and say ‘I want this, this, this and this’. I will just get there and see how things are.

“I just want to do the best job here for now. It’s quite natural for me not to think too much about next year. I want to keep learning and trying to do the best job possible with the car that we have.”

#183 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 15:47

Ferrari could be set to lose its team boss.

After Sochi, the Italian media largely agreed that the Maranello team's bid for the 2018 title is now definitely over.

"How Ferrari loses a world championship in three months," wrote La Repubblica. "One own goal after the next."

However, the Italian press also criticised Mercedes' use of team orders in Russia, but Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel defended Lewis Hamilton's team.

"What they did as a team made perfect sense," said the German.

"I know the media loves controversy and these sorts of questions and it's not what people want to see, but what they did certainly made sense," he added.

Also clear is that, despite recently having clearly the fastest car, Mercedes may now have moved back ahead with its latest developments.

"I hope it's a different story at the next race, but I think they've found something," said Kimi Raikkonen.

Bernie Ecclestone thinks the problem at Ferrari could be the total 'Italianisation' of the team that has not won a world championship since Raikkonen's in 2007.

Italian media reports say boss Maurizio Arrivabene might be moving on, having been named as a potential replacement for the departing manager at Juventus.

The great Italian football team is run by the Agnelli family, which has close links to Ferrari.

La Repubblica says Arrivabene is a frontrunner to become CEO. Mattia Binotto would be first in line to replace him at Ferrari.

When asked about Ferrari's flagging 2018 title bid, Ecclestone told France's Auto Hebdo: "It's too Italian a team now.

"I told someone the other day that it's like it was before."

When asked if Ecclestone was referring to the Schumacher-Todt era, Ecclestone clarified: "No, before that.

"We had Jean Todt who made them not that Italian and Michael was the real leader of the team," he explained. "I think that kind of organisation is missing now."

Ecclestone said Ferrari could learn a lot of lessons from its championship rival Mercedes.

"Ferrari works in a totally different way to Mercedes. They (Mercedes) have a team that is just racing, with nothing to do with the company," he said.

Bila bi steta da Arivabene ode, covek zna posao. Ko bi ga zamenio?

#184 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 15:21

Ferrari will unveil a revised livery tomorrow ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend.

No details of the changes to its livery have been confirmed other than that it is being done in conjunction with its sponsor Philip Morris International. PMI produces the Marlboro cigarette brand, whose logos previously featured on Ferrari’s cars.

Ferrari announced an extension of its PMI sponsorship deal last year. It said in February the partnership between the two “will be exclusively focused on advancing the cause of a smoke-free world”.

PMI also produces an electronic tobacco-based cigarette alternative called Iqos, which it markets as being “smoke-free”. However Iqos branding – green and blue against a while background – would be difficult to incorporate with Ferrari’s traditional red colouring in an elegant fashion.

Ferrari changed its livery at the beginning of the year following the departure of Santander. It replaced the bank’s largely white colouring with red and a thick grey stripe under the nose. Italian Moto GP team Ducati, which is also sponsored by PMI, feature similar grey colouring on their bikes.

Tomorrow’s revision to the Ferrari SF71-H’s livery is expected to involve new graphics on its wing endplates, engine cover, bargeboards and other areas.

#185 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 15:50

Ferrari may have lost its power advantage after the FIA further clamped down on the questionable performance of its power unit.

Earlier in 2018, the governing body installed a sensor in the energy recovery systems of the Maranello team's car, following suspicious about legality.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that a second sensor has now been added, resulting in a clear drop in performance in the last two races.

"We can see it clearly in our GPS data," admitted Renault team boss Cyril Abiteboul.

It means Mercedes has pulled back ahead of Ferrari, even though Mercedes engine boss Andy Cowell insists that the red car "still has plenty of power".

When asked about Ferrari's mysterious power drop in Singapore and Russia, 2016 world champion Nico Rosberg told Sport1: "I don't think we can judge that.

"Let's wait for the next races. If it's still the case, then we can say 'Ok something has happened'. But it's too early for that," he added.

#186 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 15:19

racefansdotnet-20181004-041148-3.jpg

Ferrari reveals new ‘Mission Winnow’ livery in Japan
2018 Japanese Grand Prix
4th October 2018, 4:52
Keith Collantine

Ferrari has revealed a portion of the new livery it will run from this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix carrying the logo of Mission Winnow, a joint promotion with major sponsor Philip Morris International.

The tobacco product manufacturer is unable to promote many of its brands on Ferrari’s cars due to advertising restrictions. Mission Winnow is a project the two companies have launched “to create engagement around the role of science, technology and innovation as a powerful force for good in any industry”, according to a statement from PMI.

Ferrari previously carried the branding of PMI’s cigarette brand Marlboro. After growing regional bans on cigarette advertising led most F1 teams to sever their links with tobacco producers at the end of 2006, Ferrari’s association with Marlboro continued.

In 2010 the team changed its livery mid-season following claims the graphics featured on its cars were intended to promote the brand. The following year Ferrari removed ‘Marlboro’ from its official team name. However PMI retained promotional rights to Ferrari’s livery and has used its drivers and cars to advertising its tobacco products in regions where it remains legal.

PMI CEO André Calantzopoulos said: “We will use this global platform as a window into the new PMI and to challenge preconceptions, as we know there are many who may have doubts about us and our motivations.

“Our partnership with Scuderia Ferrari gives us the opportunity to build on many encouraging individual conversations with critics and supporters alike and reach out to a broad audience to engage at scale.”

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene is a former vice-president of Marlboro. The team’s current deal with PMI runs until 2021.

#187 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:30

Ferrari concerned by information leak over FIA power unit sensor
2018 F1 season

5th October 2018, 10:25

Keith Collantine and Dieter Rencken

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says the team is concerned how information about the second FIA sensor which has been fitted to its car’s power unit came to light.

Arrivabene confirmed to German television network RTL the existence of the second sensor, which was added at the request of the FIA to monitor how Ferrari’s unique power unit design functions.

“Our battery layout is quite complex,” said Arrivabene. “We agreed with the request from the FIA to work together with them and to facilitate their work we added a second sensor. But it doesn’t change in any case the performance of our car.

“Despite that I think it’s strange that everybody knows about the second sensor. I said that our battery layout is quite complex but it’s also an intellectual property of Ferrari.

“I hope that as everybody knows about the second sensor in future everybody they are not going to be informed about our projects. That could be a serious matter.”

The addition of the second sensor has been seized upon by some as the explanation for why Mercedes has pulled ahead of Ferrari in recent races. But Arrivabene insisted the team has not lost performance on the straights.

“Not at all,” he said. “And we have the data to confirm that.”

“In the straight we were absolutely ahead in Singapore and in Russia we were more or less like Mercedes. Where we lost was in the slow speed corners.”

The addition of the second sensor is “nothing to do with the speed on the straight”, Arrivabene added.

Sebastian Vettel told media yesterday he did not believe the team has lost straight-line performance.

“No, I don’t think so, we were running at full boost,” he said. “Obviously in Russia we were not competitive. But I think we lost more time in the corners than in the straights.”

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 05 October 2018 - 12:38.

#188 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 20:40

#189 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 15:41

The F1 paddock is scratching its head about the strange and sudden decline of Ferrari's 2018 championship assault.

Some think Sebastian Vettel's struggle is because the FIA installed a second sensor in his car's controversial battery layout.

Asked if he could explain what the sensor is for, F1 race director Charlie Whiting answered: "No.

"If I did that, I would have to describe Ferrari's car and then the rest of the teams will understand some more things about it.

"I can't let that happen."

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton, now commandingly leading the championship after Suzuka, isn't sure why Ferrari has dropped off.

"I didn't expect it," he said.

"Until the mid part of the season they were very strong and then we got to Monza where they were still quite strong, but then Singapore was where it really started to tail off.

"I don't really have an answer for that," added Hamilton. "You should ask Sebastian."

An editorial in Corriere della Sera, an Italian newspaper, links Ferrari's performance drop with the death in July of Sergio Marchionne.

Correspondent Daniele Sparisci said the former president was the "custodian of internal balance", and in the absence of that, Ferrari has split into two warring factions.

On one side, reportedly, is team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, and on the other is Mattia Binotto, who is regarded as second in line for the throne.

"It is said that relations between them is at a historic low," said Sparisci.

#190 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 18:24

Ja sam lepo pricao da ce se ovo desiti. Italijani su gola g. kada krenu da se dzapaju za mesto i polozaj. Bice ovo posan period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#191 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 22:21

Postimo vec deset godina, nije da nismo navikli

#192 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 19:59