• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#61 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 15:53

Savard:

So Max Verstappen is a young aggressive driver, who is going through a patch of having a few accidents. It happens to most rising stars at some point. The only difference is that Max has already been a winner and so clearly knows how to do it, and his frustration is not born from the need for more experience, but rather because he is having to push his machinery more than it can be pushed. What he wants is a car that can win him races without the need of a Safety Car or others having accidents.

Thus his frustration will only be allievated if the car improves and he starts to win with it. The reality is that the problem comes primarily from the engine, which is still not a match for the Ferrari or the Mercedes. Red Bull is consistently ahead of the Renault factory team and also McLaren, so it is entirely fair to say that the team has a better chassis, as the power units are the same. Red Bull is just about where it needs to be, close enough to strike when an opportunity arises, but not close enough to lead the dance. Perhaps Max was hoping after a strong end to the 2017 season that this year the team would be there. That’s not unreasonable, but the reality is that the team is still not close enough, although it may be on some circuits as the year develops. Performance these days is very circuit-specific and we need to see more to judge whether Ferrari and Mercedes will be ahead everywhere.

There are some media mountebanks trying to peddle the idea that Verstappen needs to change his style. Why would he do that? It has proven successful thus far and has given the sport a little extra zing, why on earth would you change it? A driver’s style is part of his character and perhaps as he grows older Max will mellow, as many drivers do, but his style and his youth, and his mistakes, and his genius all add to the sport and we should not want him to do anything other than going racing as he knows how to race. So, why get on his back? Is it because it’s a quiet Thursday and the editor wants some copy to fill the endless pages of cyber-land to garner a few more page-views to use to keep the advertisers happy and to justify paying the salary of a scribbler who has little to scribble about. In such circumstances the writers always turn to the negative. It’s easier to bang out 300 words on what is wrong than about what is great. Yup, that’s the only logic I can see in all of this.

In any case, does anyone think Max will listen to this background noise? You don’t get to be a Grand Prix driver by being sensitive to media criticism. If you cannot soak it up, you simply don’t listen and lead a life unencumbered by the press.

#62 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 19:15

Horner warns Ricciardo off Ferrari switch
Monday, 23 April 2018
By Chris Medland / Image by Etherington/LAT

ricciardo_etherington.jpg

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes Ferrari's treatment of Kimi Raikkonen should serve as a warning to Daniel Ricciardo as he weighs his future.

Ricciardo is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a move to either Mercedes or Ferrari next year with three of the four seats technically still open for 2019. After an impressive win for the 28-year-old in China, Horner pointed to Ferrari's use of Raikkonen – compromising the Finn's strategy to aid Sebastian Vettel – as a warning against Ricciardo joining the Scuderia.

"If you look at Kimi's race, I didn't understand that strategy," Horner said. "I think Daniel's happy in the environment. If we can give him a car like we did [to win in China], why would he want to be anywhere else?"

When it was put to Horner that Ricciardo has been having a tough time at Red Bull prior to his win last time out, Horner replied: "[The win] was great for him.

"He had the energy store failure in Bahrain, he had a turbo failure [in FP3 in China], losing him important track time. You get to a point where you think 'what next,' but it's a great confidence booster for him, to get this result now in this point in the year. Everything is wide open."

And Horner says Ricciardo is the perfect partner for Max Verstappen at present, as the Australian is the more complete driver at this stage of his F1 career, with Verstappen coming under increased scrutiny after a number of incidents this season.

"[Daniel] is a very rounded driver now. He's absolutely at the top of his game and I think he has been for the last couple of years. He's hit that balance of experience and pace.

"He's one of the best overtakers in the business and his judgement is impeccable in terms of judging a gap, getting the car stopped and getting it rotated. I feel he's in a different part of his career to where Max is at the moment, who is still very young and fresh and going through that experience."

#63 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,328 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 20:09

Horner warns Ricciardo off Ferrari switch
Monday, 23 April 2018
By Chris Medland / Image by Etherington/LATricciardo_etherington.jpg
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes Ferrari's treatment of Kimi Raikkonen should serve as a warning to Daniel Ricciardo as he weighs his future.
Ricciardo is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a move to either Mercedes or Ferrari next year with three of the four seats technically still open for 2019. After an impressive win for the 28-year-old in China, Horner pointed to Ferrari's use of Raikkonen – compromising the Finn's strategy to aid Sebastian Vettel – as a warning against Ricciardo joining the Scuderia.
"If you look at Kimi's race, I didn't understand that strategy," Horner said. "I think Daniel's happy in the environment. If we can give him a car like we did [to win in China], why would he want to be anywhere else?"
When it was put to Horner that Ricciardo has been having a tough time at Red Bull prior to his win last time out, Horner replied: "[The win] was great for him.
"He had the energy store failure in Bahrain, he had a turbo failure [in FP3 in China], losing him important track time. You get to a point where you think 'what next,' but it's a great confidence booster for him, to get this result now in this point in the year. Everything is wide open."
And Horner says Ricciardo is the perfect partner for Max Verstappen at present, as the Australian is the more complete driver at this stage of his F1 career, with Verstappen coming under increased scrutiny after a number of incidents this season.
"[Daniel] is a very rounded driver now. He's absolutely at the top of his game and I think he has been for the last couple of years. He's hit that balance of experience and pace.
"He's one of the best overtakers in the business and his judgement is impeccable in terms of judging a gap, getting the car stopped and getting it rotated. I feel he's in a different part of his career to where Max is at the moment, who is still very young and fresh and going through that experience."

Jebote da se pobljuješ.

Horner će nešto da sere o tretmanu pilota u timu, da nije zaboravio da je za njih vozio neki čudak što je pustio da mu pišaju na ledja, Webber se zvao, mislim...

#64 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:49

Meni je interesantna prica o Hamiltonovom ostanku u Mercedesu. Bas mnogo para trazi, 150 miliona evra za tri sezone. Ako bi Ferari osvojio titulu ove sezone, da li bi se mozda Mercedes odlucio za 4 godine mladjeg i ko zna koliko jeftinijeg Denija Rika?

#65 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:50

Onaj ko gradi tim oko Rikarda nema dve zdrave u glavi. On prosto nije taj tip vozaca. Super je on kao dvojka u timu ali da bude nosilac, nema tu 'leba. 

#66 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:49

Ric može da uzme naslov. Da li je tip za gradnju tima oko njega? Ne znam. Mislim, damu to nije prioritet.

Želi bolid/materail  za naslov i to je to. Nije političar i muljator. 

Možda baš zato Mercedes, gde nije obavezna konstalacija 1-2. 

#67 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 00:33

Red Bull: Honda engine talks begin for 2019 season

By Andrew Benson

Chief F1 writer

Red Bull have begun formal talks with Honda about the possibility of becoming their engine partner in 2019.

Honda motorsport chief Masahi Yamamoto told the F1 website the talks were "positive" and added: "It's the starting point for a potential future.

"We discussed the conditions of both sides, what we expect of each other."

Red Bull have to decide by mid-May whether to use Honda next year or stay with Renault, whose engines they have used since 2007.

Renault told Red Bull last September that it did not want to continue with the team in 2019 but the car company's contract with F1 contains a clause that dictates it must supply Red Bull with engines if asked to do so.

Red Bull negotiated a deal for Honda to switch from McLaren and supply its junior team, Toro Rosso, this year, as a way of assessing the Japanese engines.

With the Renault engine in one of the Red Bull teams and the Honda in the other, the soft drinks giant has a unique opportunity to compare the two power units.

Insiders say that Red Bull believes the Honda engine is only about 12bhp down on the Renault following improvements over the winter and it is understood the team is strongly leaning towards taking a gamble and switching to Honda.  0:) 

Engine manufacturers technically have to tell the governing body, the FIA, which teams they will be supplying next season by 15 May, and Renault is pushing for an answer from Red Bull by then.

However, last year the deal for McLaren to switch from Honda to Renaultengines and Toro Rosso to move the other way was not completed until September, so the decision could potentially be made later if necessary.

Yamamoto said: "It's something we are starting to discuss now and it has to be smooth between Honda and Red Bull.

"I want to use the time we have left to discuss with the Honda board members before I take the feedback back to Red Bull to take the next steps."

Red Bull and Renault won four consecutive world title doubles together from 2010-13, but have had a fractious relationship since turbo hybrid engines were introduced into F1 in 2014.

Renault have not been able to produce an engine that matches Mercedes and Ferrari, with qualifying trim their major weakness.

Tensions have continued this year because Renault are still struggling to keep reliability under control, as well as failing to introduce the extra power-boost modes used by Mercedes and Ferrari in the final parts of qualifying.

Honda struggled with reliability through its three seasons with McLaren, who blamed the engine for the team's lack of competitiveness.

However, since McLaren switched to Renault it now appears that Honda was not as far behind the other engine companies as McLaren said and that their car was also responsible for their performance deficit.

https://www.bbc.co.u...rmula1/43951435

Edited by leone, 01 May 2018 - 02:10.

#68 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,328 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 22:24

31870503_1900686139944588_17237724197363

#69 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 23:51

Auh, surovo! :lol+:

#70 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,328 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 17:24

Renault extend Red Bull’s engine deadline

http://www.planetf1....ngine-deadline/

#71 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 19:22

To je do posle Monaka. Ako se do tada ne umeju odluciti onda stvarno i ne treba da im se da prilika da odlucuju.

#72 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 20:27

Ovo je smejurija, dali su im još dve nedelje, ali  dedlajn je i dalje pre Kanade kada stižu novi motori. 

#73 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 15:43

Moraju da m daju motor i nakon ovih rokova, takav je ugovor i pravila FIA. Zato RB ne zuri i sigurno nece donijeti odluku prije nego isprobaju nove specifikacije motora, a i Honda vjerovatno donosi neki upgrade, a tu su u primarnoj poziciji da direktno uporede oba i odluce.

Da bi Renault zelio da ih se ratosilja sto prije, u to ne sumnjam.

#74 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 15:30

Honda outlines key factors in Red Bull F1 talks

f1-spanish-gp-2018-the-nose-of-the-toro-

By: Scott Mitchell, Journalist
5 hours ago

The "pressure" and "responsibility" of supplying Red Bull with a Formula 1 engine are key to Honda's discussions with the team for next season.

Honda motorsport boss Masashi Yamamoto met with Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko in Spain last weekend as Red Bull evaluates whether to end its long-running relationship with current engine supplier Renault to become Honda's works team.

Renault has outlined its concerns about Red Bull's desire to wait until June, at the earliest, to make a decision, with the FIA's formal but flexible deadline this week.

Yamamoto told Motorsport.com that Honda is happy to take its time to consider expanding to supply two teams for the first time since returning to F1 in 2015.

"We regard it as a positive thing, giving us time means we have time to consult more," he said. "We are very positive. To deal with Red Bull is a really big thing for Honda, because they are a top team.

"This gives us a sort of pressure as an engine manufacturer. We have to consider many aspects very well, can we really deal with Red Bull's size?

"We have to feel the responsibility to supply the engine."

Yamamoto acknowledged that as well as being a natural next step for Honda's engine programme, a second team also gives it a "better opportunity" to promote one of its junior drivers to F1.

Honda wants one of Tadasuke Makino and Nirei Fukuzumi to graduate from Formula 2 if they earn enough superlicence points.

Toro Rosso is the best option, particularly with Red Bull facing a possible driver dilemma.

Daniel Ricciardo's future is unclear and the out-on-loan Carlos Sainz may commit to Renault long-term, which means Pierre Gasly could be promoted to the senior team, while his teammate Brendon Hartley is under pressure early in his rookie F1 campaign.

Yamamoto also said Honda must be sure it will not be overstretched by a Red Bull deal, "especially" at its Sakura research and development facility.

Honda has been preparing for an expansion by increasing its staff and considering how to structure its grand prix staff, which Yamamoto said is helped by Red Bull and Toro Rosso being sister teams.

He described it as making the organisation more "compact" on a management level, although technical input would remain separate.

Technical director Toyoharu Tanabe would likely become head of the overall trackside operation, with individual project leaders for each team reporting to him.

Partnering with Red Bull, which is still winning races with Renault, would end Honda's brief spell out of the spotlight since its tough McLaren union ended.

"It was difficult with McLaren, but it was also a very good experience," he said. "They gave us very precious experience as a partner.

"We are now having another experience with Toro Rosso, which is very good. If we are going to be with Red Bull, we don't think we'll be together like McLaren. I don't think we'll have the same situation as we had like McLaren."

#75 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,241 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 13:59

Po nekim pričama iz RB-a u Austriji će biti objavljen ugovor sa Hondom i novi dvogodišnji ugovor sa Ricom.

Sainz koji je u obavezi sa RB-om do septembra ostaje u Rendži