Scuderia Torro Rosso 2018

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:24

Pierre Gasly admits he is struggling to understand why Toro Rosso has not been able to recreate the level of performance it showed in Bahrain at the last two races.

After a strong pre-season, Toro Rosso had a disjointed race weekend in Australia but bounced back with an impressive performance in Bahrain as Gasly excelled to finish in fourth place. The car has been much less competitive in China and Azerbaijan since, with Brendon Hartley picking up a solitary point in Baku, and Gasly says there are no clear answers as to why the car has been so inconsistent.

“I don’t understand how it is possible to be so competitive with a car which is that good there balance-wise, also in terms of potential, and then just to have such a big delta as soon as you go to another track,” Gasly said.

“Definitely the windy conditions for us are really something which doesn’t suit our car. But we need to really understand if we went to a different direction compared to Bahrain and see where the difference in performance comes from. At the moment we don’t really understand why.”

Both Toro Rossos dropped out in Q1 in Baku after nearly colliding during qualifying, but Gasly felt there was more potential over one lap. In race trim, however, the Frenchman believes the track characteristics of the Baku City Circuit showed a lack of top speed at the end of the longest full throttle section on the calendar.

“When we don’t use DRS, we seem to struggle even more. At the moment energy management is quite difficult for us. [In Baku] it’s really critical in terms of energy, and in the race, I was I think around the Williams, but I think I got overtaken by [Sergio] Perez. I was in front of him at the beginning of the race. After Turn 20 he was already next to me, and at the end of the straight he was past.

“Energy management, we need to have a look at what we could have done better. Since the beginning of the year we didn’t struggle that much, and [in Azerbaijan] it was a much bigger delta that usual.”

Zato, derane, sto jedna lasta ne cini prolece.

#47 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 23:10

TR prišao Meklarenu i Norisu radi davanja otkaza Hartliju te uzimanja Norisa na pozajmicu do kraja sezone počev od VN Austrije. Meklaren je odbio zahtev.

TR bolje neka priđe Kubici!

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 06 June 2018 - 23:14.

#48 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 16:17

Po prvi put u F1, troelementna donja stranica bokova prednjeg spojlera!

DgyTtIqX0AISFFa.jpg

#49 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:42

Pierre Gasly says it is "important" the Austrian Grand Prix gives Toro Rosso "answers" on how potent the Honda Formula 1 engine really is following its update in Canada.

Honda introduced a combustion upgrade for Montreal, believed to be worth around 27bhp, but suffered reliability problems in both Canada and France.

Gasly was forced to revert to an old engine after final Canadian Grand Prix practice, while team-mate Brendon Hartley suffered what is understood to be an unrelated failure during Friday practice in France.

Questions also remain concerning the performance of the new unit, as Toro Rosso failed to qualify better than 12th for either of the last two races and its best placed cars in both events suffered first-lap accidents.

"Clearly this weekend is important for us to have answers about the performance from the new engine itself, just to make sure it's as good as we expected," Gasly said.

Gasly, who will revert to an older 'spec one' engine for Friday practice in Austria to conserve mileage on his latest one, reckons Toro Rosso might also have misjudged its aerodynamic settings at recent races, making it harder to judge how well the new engine is working.

"I think clearly it's not only the engine," Gasly said.

"We think that on the set-up side probably we didn't run with the correct wing - probably we should have found a better compromise.

"But it's clear we had higher expectations than the performance we had in France.

#50 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 18:15

Toro Rosso losing "crazy" time on the straights - Gasly

Pierre Gasly says Toro Rosso’s straightline speed deficit with its Honda Formula 1 engine compared to the team’s midfield rivals is “crazy”.

The Frenchman qualified 14th for the British Grand Prix, as the only Toro Rosso driver to take part in the session following Brendon Hartley’s heavy crash in final practice.

Gasly said he was pleased with the performance of the car, even if the engine is holding Toro Rosso back.

“The car was mega, but with the long straights at the moment it’s crazy how much time we lose,” he said.

“We knew that on a track like this, with Turn 1 and 9 being flat-out we’ll struggle.

“We’re talking about nine tenths compared to Force India and Sauber, so yeah, very difficult to fight.

“But in the corners, looking at the GPS, we are faster and it looks pretty good, but just on the straights at the moment we are really slow.

“Objectively we have no pace, not coming from the car, but from the engine.”

#51 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 18:17

Nevolje u raju?

#52 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 19:20

Ma nemoj, gube vreme na pravcima, mora da je do Meklarenove sasije! :lol+:

#53 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:41

Gasli je kriv - evo komentara Hondinih hardkor navijaca:

Gasly is toxic and needs to stop whining.

Gasly is a real "talker". Strange for a newcomer who hasn't proven a thing yet.

I agree he needs to stop whining. Seems it's never his fault - hitting Hartley from behind in Shanghai, taking out Ocon on the first lap in Paul Ricard..

They haven't had time to optimise and fine-tuning the PU-map of the new spec.

Dakle, i nova cuvena specifikacija iz Kanade koja je toliko dobra i brza i ubedila RB da predje u Hondu im prema recima njihovog vozaca stvara deficit od 9 desetinki. Takodje, leto ce najverovatnije zavrsiti sa 6 iskorisenih snagaskih komponenata, od 12 odvezenih trka. Sto znaci da nije nerealno da 21 trku u sezoni zavrse sa 10 komponenata. Jebote. Nisu se oni nista popravili. Trece mesto za neki Reno-Has-Meklaren sledece godine nije nemoguce ako naprave solidnu sasiju.

#54 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:22

Trece mesto za neki Reno-Has-Meklaren sledece godine nije nemoguce ako naprave solidnu sasiju.

Za sada Has za sledecu sezonu sasvim dobro deluje, evo preuzeli su vodjstvo u sampionatu konstruktora, oprali Mercedes na cistu brzinu...

#55 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 13:58

Hehe. Da, nazalost. Zamisli jos Zauberu ako daju sasiju. Sreca da ce biti promene pravila u dizajnu da bi se podstakla preticanja pa samim tim nece bas moci da urade sto i ove godine sa Hasom.

Ali mislim da je to sto Ferari radi veoma lose za sport. U potpunosti kontrolisu jos dva tima, koja im se sklanjaju na stazi a u isto vreme ih snabdevaju svojim delovima kako bi bili konkurentni. Videli smo u Monaku da Mercedes ima prilicnu kontrolu nad Fors Indijom, Red Bul ima vec 12 godina B tim, znaci da na gridu imamo samo 3 tima koja nisu povezana ni sa jednim drugim - Reno, Meklaren i Vilijams.

#56 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 14:56

Na Skaju su spekulisali da ce Reno i Meklaren da udju u partnerstvo. Ne u smislu B-tima nego da otvoreno razmenjuju informacije i zajedno rade razvoj svojih bolida.

#57 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 17:00

Što bi bilo najpametnije. Da se podele troškovi razvoja...

#58 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:06

Toro Rosso losing "crazy" time on the straights - Gasly

Pierre Gasly says Toro Rosso’s straightline speed deficit with its Honda Formula 1 engine compared to the team’s midfield rivals is “crazy”.

The Frenchman qualified 14th for the British Grand Prix, as the only Toro Rosso driver to take part in the session following Brendon Hartley’s heavy crash in final practice.

Gasly said he was pleased with the performance of the car, even if the engine is holding Toro Rosso back.

“The car was mega, but with the long straights at the moment it’s crazy how much time we lose,” he said.

“We knew that on a track like this, with Turn 1 and 9 being flat-out we’ll struggle.

“We’re talking about nine tenths compared to Force India and Sauber, so yeah, very difficult to fight.

“But in the corners, looking at the GPS, we are faster and it looks pretty good, but just on the straights at the moment we are really slow.

“Objectively we have no pace, not coming from the car, but from the engine.”

Hebote, čim Honda ugradi PU u bolid, rikne GPS  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

#59 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 19:45

Daniil Kvyat is in the frame for a shock return to Formula 1 with the Toro Rosso team that dropped him before the end of the 2017 season.

#60 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 18:26

Sebastien Buemi has moved into pole position for a return to formula one next year.

The now 29-year-old Swiss contested over 50 races for Toro Rosso until 2011, going on to become a top sports car and Formula E driver.

But now with Pierre Gasly moving to Red Bull Racing, and Brendon Hartley having underperformed this season, Buemi is very much back in the running.

He had a seat fitting at Toro Rosso's Faenza base late last week.