Haas F1 Tim 2018

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 15:15

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner says the team is now dedicating its development effort to its new car for the 2019 F1 season.

Steiner was asked whether the team had decided to switch its focus to its car for next year:

"We decided. We are doing the ’19 car. We have to because otherwise you fall too far behind. And also when you look at our car now in the midfield we are quite solid so it’s no point to keep on working on this one because we have to look at the future.

We make developments and we will bring them to the car in the next races. They are smaller ones. In the windtunnel we are developing the ’19 car."

#32 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,208 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:36

Grosjean loss of form like Djokovic in tennis

Romain Grosjean has compared his struggles during the 2018 Formula 1 season to 13-time tennis grand slam winner Novak Djokovic's run of poor form prior to his recent Wimbledon success.
Grosjean suffered a tumultuous start to 2018, failing to score a point in the first eight races, but has climbed from 19th in the drivers' standings to 14th with three top 10 finishes in the last four grands prix before the summer break.

His teammate Kevin Magnussen has scored 45 points across the season with what is the strongest car Haas has produced in its first three years in F1.

Grosjean said his dip in form is no different to former world tennis number one Djokovic slipping to 21st in the ATP world rankings, before returning to the top 10 and winning Wimbledon in July – his first grand slam success in two years.

"It's been tough," Grosjean told Motorsport.com. "I think it's just getting yourself back to where you believe you belong and what you know to do and there are various reasons in life where sometimes you are going through a tougher patch.

"Look at Djokovic, he's number one in the world and then two years completely off and now he's won Wimbledon again, it's great to see.

"And he hasn't lost his tennis [ability], he hasn't lost his fitness, he was just different. Sometimes you are.

"I have had some bad luck, some bad moments and then some more bad luck, and it was just hard to get back."

In the first eight races, Grosjean lost several potential points hauls to accidents.

In Baku, he was sixth behind the safety car when he lost control while heating his tyres and hit the wall.

At the start of the next race in Spain he spun on the opening lap at the Turn 3 long right-hander and collected two cars in the process.

A first-lap clash with Magnussen compromised both drivers races in Britain a few races later, as did a move on Esteban Ocon at the start of the French GP.

Misfortune outside of his control has also cost Grosjean, particularly an unsafe release that cost him a potential fourth place finish in Australia and an engine problem at the start of qualifying in Canada.

"This year didn't start well and didn't go well after that and I did struggle to recover my form," he said. "But, it was just that it was a lot together.

"Sometimes things don't go your way, sometimes the feeling is not what it should be. Sometimes you just need to put yourself back together and get back to it."

Grosjean said his rise from 12th to sixth in the closing stages of the German GP was a good example.

"I hope I'm back to where I know what to do and if that is the case then things are just going to come my way, as they did in Hockenheim," he said.

https://www.motorspo...3158646/?nrt=54

#33 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 14:34

Haas will keep Santino Ferrucci as part of its driver program despite his recent controversies in Formula 2, according to Guenther Steiner.

Ferrucci lost his F2 seat with Trident for his conduct both on and off the track at the Silverstone round this season, which included hitting teammate Arjun Maini’s car after the checkered flag. The American was banned for four F2 rounds as a result of his actions, while he was also sued by Trident over alleged moneys owed to the team.

However, the 20-year-old will race for Dale Coyne Racing in Portland and Sonoma at the end of the IndyCar season, and Haas team principal Steiner says Ferrucci will not be dropped by the F1 team.

#34 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 17:29

Reno ulozio protest na Hasove bolide u Monci:

@RenaultSportF1
UPDATE: We confirm that we have submitted a request to the Stewards of the Event for clarification on the legality of the Haas F1 Team VF-18. We have no further comment on this matter until the Stewards have arrived at a decision.

#ItalianGP

#35 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 17:55

Detaljnije:

Renault has lodged a protest the legality of Romain Grosjean’s Haas following his sixth-place finish in the Italian Grand Prix.

The protest concerns the legality of Grosjean’s car. Renault said in a statement it has “submitted a request to the stewards of the event for clarification on the legality of the Haas F1 Team VF-18”.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting said the protest is “concerning a small detail on the leading edge of the floor”. He added the protest is not about the flexibility of the floor. “It’s a geometric issue,” he said.

RaceFans understands the floor of the car is the focus of Renault’s objections.

Haas and Grosjean have been summoned to the stewards. A hearing into the matter will begin at 6:30pm local time.

Carlos Sainz Jnr finished ninth for Renault and team mate Nico Hulkenberg was 14th. The result left Haas level with Renault on 84 points in the championship standings.

#36 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 20:53

#37 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 15:20

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner says Renault broke an agreement between the teams with its Italian Grand Prix protest and believes the stewards were “wrong” to disqualify his car.

Romain Grosjean was stripped of his sixth-place finish in the race after the stewards upheld a protest by Renault against the design of its floor.

Teams had previously agreed to address questions of legality before the race begins to prevent cars being disqualified afterwards, said Steiner.

“They can say if this is not fixed, we are going to protest you,” he said, pointing out no team had protested a rival post-race for several years. “It was before my time the last time this was done.

“I don’t know how they did it, but it’s one of these things. Renault did what it need to do, but I think a lot of people have questioned it internally and they are right to.”

Steiner said he wouldn’t have protested against Renault if their car had appeared to violate the same rule. “I would have done what other people have done before.

“But Renault is in a decision that they need to make sure they are not overtaken for fourth position. And I think they thought that they need to do something otherwise they finish fifth.”

Haas’s appeal against the disqualification will be heard in November. “We are getting prepared for that based on what we think was not correct in disqualifying us,” said Steiner.

“I don’t want to go into technicalities here because it will have less effect in the court of appeal if play it out here – it isn’t correct for the court of appeal and it’s not my best chance then to go there and bring our case over of how it developed and how we think the stewards came to the wrong conclusion.”

Cekaj, nisam siguran da sam razumeo pravilno - Stajneru je krivo sto je Reno protestvovao zbog ilegalnog bolida Hasa, koji je zaista bio ilegalan pa je posle trke diskvalifikovan, iako su bili upozoreni da ne startuju trku u takvoj konfiguraciji jer ce biti protesta, ali nisu ucinili nista da isprave situaciju? I sad je Reno kriv sto je protestvovao i stjuardi sto su protest uvazili a ne Has koji je vozio nelegalne bolide i sto ih je boleo q da ih dovedu u ispravno stanje?

#38 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 21:59

Romain Grosjean is three penalty points away from a race ban after receiving another two during the Singapore Grand Prix.

#39 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 16:33

Romain Grosjean accused rival Sergey Sirotkin of “go-kart racing” tactics after he was penalised for failing to let Lewis Hamilton past while racing the Williams driver.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting described Grosjean’s slow reaction to the blue flags being waved for him as “one of the worst” examples of a backmarker failing to let the leaders past.

Grosjean, who was given a five-second time penalty and had his licence endorsed, apologised for delaying Hamilton but said Sirotkin’s driving left him with no alternative.

“I’m sorry if I blocked anyone, it was not my intention,” said Grosjean. “I believe I did my best.”

“I was fighting with Sergey, who was doing a little bit of go-kart racing out there. I couldn’t really slow down. Pierre [Gasly] was on my gearbox and Sergey was on my front wing. I passed him, then as soon as I passed him, I let Lewis by.”

Hehe, ali pazi, ni Gasli ni Sirotkin nisu blokirali Hamiltona i Maksa, samo Grozan "nije imao drugog izbora", za cega su mu krivi - Sirotkin i Gasli! :rotflmao: :ajme: 

#40 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:07

Haas potvrdio Magnussena i Grosjeana za 2019.

#41 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 16:28

Renault performance led to ‘desperate’ protest - Steiner

1016896283-lat-20180913-_ony7438.jpg

By: Chris Medland | October 11, 2018 8:02 AM

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner believes Renault was “a little desperate” when it protested against the legality of Romain Grosjean’s car in Italy because it was lacking performance itself.

Renault has struggled for pace in recent weeks, with neither car reaching Q3 in Japan as Carlos Sainz could only score a solitary point for the team. That result means Renault has picked up just 10 points from the past five races since the summer break — including Monza, where it successfully protested against the floor Haas was running on Grosjean’s car — and Steiner says the performance drop highlights why the French constructor took such action.

“I just see their performance has gone down, I don’t see it internally,” Steiner said. “I’m sure they know they have dropped their performance and not helped themselves so they can have nobody to blame. Obviously if (Nico) Hulkenberg is not happy with it, he voiced it… so if they have confused themselves even more that is good for us.

“I am not against it, but you could see they were a little bit desperate when they put in the protest against us in Monza. They will try anything they can do instead of focusing on themselves to get better.”

Steiner referred to quotes from Hulkenberg that back up his theory, with the German expecting Renault’s struggles to continue for the rest of the season as he feels the car and power unit have not been developed well enough.

“It is going to be a long end to the year, especially if you don’t have the sharp weapon you need to be in the fight,” Hulkenberg said. “So it won’t be the easiest of times and quite challenging.

“I am pretty sure we have not made progress. The car still feels the same as maybe 10 races ago. But have we lost? Have we made it worse? I don’t think so. I just think that others really bolted on some good upgrades and went faster — both on the engine and car side. We are getting the check now for it.”

Renault is eight points clear of Haas with four rounds remaining in the battle for fourth place in the constructors’ championship.

Hm, meni se ipak cini da je primarni razlog Renoovog protesta bio nelegalnost Hasovih bolida, sto je kasnijim pregledom potvrdila i FIA. Da su bolidi bili ispravni mogao bi Reno 100x da protestuje iz ocaja nista im ne bi pomoglo. Ali ipak hajde da skrenemo pricu sa sustine, da je Has varao vozeci nelegalne bolide, i da umesto toga pricamo o Renoovom ocaju, eto Reno ce sve uciniti samo nece na sebi da rade, umesto da se lepo ugledaju na Has i jednostavno ignorisu pravila. :rolleyes:

#42 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 17:13

Hm, meni se ipak cini da je primarni razlog Renoovog protesta bio nelegalnost Hasovih bolida, sto je kasnijim pregledom potvrdila i FIA. Da su bolidi bili ispravni mogao bi Reno 100x da protestuje iz ocaja nista im ne bi pomoglo. Ali ipak hajde da skrenemo pricu sa sustine, da je Has varao vozeci nelegalne bolide, i da umesto toga pricamo o Renoovom ocaju, eto Reno ce sve uciniti samo nece na sebi da rade, umesto da se lepo ugledaju na Has i jednostavno ignorisu pravila. :rolleyes:

Ybg, svi idu na crtu i iza nje dok ih ne uhvate. Nije Haas nikakav izuzetak, iliti onaj ko je nevin, neka baci prvi kamen...

#43 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,910 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 18:04

I sta to znaci da niko ne treba da protestvuje? Sutra Mercedes donese bolid sa 2,2l biturbo hibridnim pogonom na sva 4 tocka i sve OK, Ferari nece protestvovati?

Normalno da svi guraju do krajnjih granica pravila pa cak i preko nje, ali ako te uhvate onda cuti i smrdi, nemoj da seres kako je problem u protestu a ne u nelegalnosti.

#44 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 18:17

I sta to znaci da niko ne treba da protestvuje? Sutra Mercedes donese bolid sa 2,2l biturbo hibridnim pogonom na sva 4 tocka i sve OK, Ferari nece protestvovati?

Normalno da svi guraju do krajnjih granica pravila pa cak i preko nje, ali ako te uhvate onda cuti i smrdi, nemoj da seres kako je problem u protestu a ne u nelegalnosti.

Neee, ne treba da ćute, razumemo se. Ali ljudski je (ali i maksimalno glupavo) da se vadiš iz toga kad te uhvate sa spuštenim pantalonama.