Williams 2018

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 13:57

Williams has announced a new partnership with data protection firm Acronis.

The company will provide its data backup, storage and synchronisation technologies to the team.

Acronis, founded in 2003 by Russian businessman Serguei Beloussov, were previously sponsors of Toro Rosso.

“Technical innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Williams and with that comes a crucial need to protect our data,” said deputy team principal Claire Williams.

“Acronis will protect Williams’ on-premise and cloud service data with backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions.”

Williams is due to be the first team to launch its new car for 2018 on Thursday.

#2 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 13:35

A new Williams sponsor says the deal with the British team is not connected with the arrival of Russian driver Sergey Sirotkin.

Earlier, Russian software company Acronis backed Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso, but that money is now moving over to Williams.

But Acronis boss Serguei Beloussov insisted: "We started negotiating with Williams much earlier.

"Sergey was part of Renault and he could have stayed there or gone to Toro Rosso," he told the Russian source Championat.

"Our agreements do not depend on Sergey's contract. Of course, the fact that he is at Williams is a plus and meant we preferred Williams," Beloussov added.

Sirotkin is heavily backed by the Russian bank-run SMP Racing programme.

#3 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 00:49

Vilijams predstavio radikalni FV41!

owEPalL.jpg

GzmDq4r.png

DWGgCkFXkAELCra.jpg

DWGoFU5WkAAOrnG.jpg

DWGoGiWXkAApaIx.jpg

#4 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:32

Kanda ce svi da kopiraju lanjske Ferarijeve fore sa usisnicima na sajdpodima.

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 13:30

Seat time crucial for Kubica as FP1 drives confirmed
Thursday, 15 February 2018
By Chris Medland / Image courtesy Williams

williams.jpg

Robert Kubica says it is crucial he gets seat time in the 2018 Williams car as part of his role as reserve and development driver, after confirming he will take part in three FP1 sessions.

At the launch of the Williams FW41 in London, Kubica revealed he will drive in FP1 in Spain, Austria and Abu Dhabi this season alongside testing outings. With the Pole also set to drive during preseason testing in Barcelona, Kubica says he needs time in the new car to be able to help push development in the right direction.

"I will do three FP1s, I will do some preseason testing and in-season testing," Kubica said. "I felt in order to participate and to supply the best job I can deliver it was important for me to have a chance to drive. Because the current regulations for F1 testing is very limited, the simulator plays a very important role and because I'm part of this project it's important for me to build up a relationship between reality and the simulator in order to use this tool as best as we can in the future.

"It needs to be developed but still the guys in the factory are pushing really hard so I think everybody is looking forward to seeing what the new car is capable of. But from the start of the season there is a big job to be done in the factory and I'm happy to be a part of it."

With much more experience than the two race drivers, Kubica admits he will need to help both Lance Stroll and Sergey Sirotkin at times but suggested he won't try and get too involved unless asked.

"The new role will be completely different. It's a bit of a mix of what I was doing in 2006 with BMW, although at that point Formula 1 regulations were much more open for testing, so a reserve driver and third driver was much more active. But still I will have a chance to drive quite a lot based on what is allowed by regulation.

"There will be a lot of work in the simulator at the factory, trying to support the team if the guys need some help or I can help them it will be more than welcome. Of course they have to do their job and I for sure will try to support but I will never be in a position to teach them unless they think I can help."

#6 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 17:24

https://www.racefans...last-years-car/

#7 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 18:14

Meni nikako ne ide u glavu kako ce ulaziti/izlaziti iz bolida, ovo uopste nije prakticno za slucaj nuzde. Uz to, ne znam kako funkcionise Kubicina ruka, al kontam da je njemu jos veca patnja uci u ovaj boli. Sve mi se vise cini da se ovaj Halo nece dugo zadrzati u F1

#8 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 18:56

Navodno jedan od uslova da se ovo prihvati je bilo da vozaci mogu da napuste bolid u 5 sekundi. Jbmliga.

#9 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 00:11

Znam, zato mi je i cudno, ne deluje mi kao da je moguce napustiti bolid za tako kratko vreme, a pogotovo mi deluje kao nemoguca misija kada se bolid izvrne naopako

#10 stex

stex
  • Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:20

Kad se izvrne, nema šanse da izadju! Lično, ni malo mi se ne sviđa. 

#11 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:10

Kad se izvrne, nema šanse da izadju! Lično, ni malo mi se ne sviđa. 

https://youtu.be/AYkGjUHstKY?t=20m14s

Malo sporije u poređenju s bolidom bez oreola ali ide, ako bi ugao nagiba bio veći vozač ni s niti bez oreola ne bi mogao izaći. Zašto više ne prihvatite oreol takakv kakav jeste? F1 je sport koji se uvek menja i meni lično niš ne smeta, uvalim se u udobnu stolicu/fotelju i pratim najbrži cirkus.

#12 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 21:41

Peddyev auto, to mora biti dobro.

Očekujem dobar početak sezone i kasniji pad obzirom da nemaju finansije za dalji razvoj bolida.

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:19

#14 Duh sa sekirom

Duh sa sekirom
  • Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:56

Da li ste primetili kako Kubica drži volan desnom rukom u oštrim desnim krivinama?. Vidi se na početku par puta.

#15 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:53

5a9411101e21b293e2dc1807a986b4b10dbdfe2e

5a94288dea05603994d09c57557bfe3f6aa99b3f

5a9429235938b3d7b918b60e238a48f5aad5054d

DW9FAwWWsAASkhS.jpg

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 26 February 2018 - 17:12.