#61 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 18:18

Banned F2 racer Ferrucci tried to run Trump slogan on his car
Formula Two

9th July 2018, 15:57 | Written by Keith Collantine

Formula Two driver Santino Ferrucci, who is banned from competing in the next four races of the series, was refused permission by the championship to run Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign slogan on his car last weekend.

Ferrucci’s F2 team Trident wrote to the championship’s director Bruno Michel requesting permission to run the slogan “Trump – Make America Great Again” on his car during last weekend’s races at Silverstone. Michel rejected the request on the grounds that political slogans are not permitted in the championship.

“Article 10.6.2(a) of the International Sporting Code expressly states that competitors taking part in international competitions are not allowed to affix to their automobiles advertising that is political in nature,” Michel wrote in response.

“Given the political nature of the image you have requested to display on the car, we hereby confirm that it is prohibited under the terms of the rules.”

Ferrucci received his ban, which covers the next two F2 race weekends, after deliberately colliding with team mate Arjun Maini at the end of Sunday’s sprint race. He also repeatedly ignored summons from the stewards to appear before them and was found to have driven to the starting grid while holding his phone.

The Trident team accused Ferrucci and his father, who accompanies him to most races, of “unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilised behavior” towards his team mate.

The timing of Ferrucci’s request to run the slogan may be related to Trump’s scheduled visit to the UK this weekend.

An F2 spokesperson refused to comment on the matter, including whether the championship had granted or withdrawn permission for Ferrucci’s team mate to run any slogans on his car.

Maini’s car featured the phrase “Justice for Asifa” on its nose from the early in the season until the Monaco round. The slogan refers to the ongoing trial of eight men for the alleged murder, torture and rape of eight-year-old Asifa Bano in Kashmir earlier this year.

Pro-Trump messages have appeared on racing cars in other series. Most notably, NASCAR driver Reed Sorensen carried a pro-Trump slogan on his car during the championship’s round at Texas Motor Speedway, two days before the last US presidential election in 2016.

Bold: Navodno su karikirali Mainijev indijski akcenat.

#62 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:13

Decko malo uvuk'o rogove, mora da mu je kliknulo da nije u Trumpistanu i da mu se nece tolerisati divljanje:

Ferrucci apologizes for F2 Silverstone post-race behavior

ferrucci1.jpg 

By: RACER Staff | 6 hours ago

Haas development driver Santino Ferrucci has issued an apology for a bizarre sequence of events after Sunday’s FIA Formula 2 Championship race at Silverstone that led to a four-race (two-round) series ban and potential termination by his Trident team.

Ferrucci made contact with teammate Arjun Maini during the race, but the 20-year-old Connecticut native ran into the rear of Maini’s car on the cool-down lap – which F2 officials later ruled to be deliberate. Compounding matters, Ferrucci did not attend a post-race hearing to which he was summoned — and he was seen transitioning from the support paddock to pit lane wearing just one glove and holding a phone, a violation of “both the Technical and Sporting Regulations for incorrect driver safety equipment and the prohibition of wireless transmission devices within the car.” He was fined more than €66,000 ($77,500).

Ferrucci’s statement cited “extremely poor judgment.”

“I want to send my sincerest apologies for my actions on Sunday at the FIA F2 race at Silverstone Circuit,” he said. “I used extremely poor judgment at the conclusion of the race getting far too close to my teammate Arjun and swerved away only to graze his tire, very fortunately causing no damage or issue to his car.

“There was no intent, premeditation or any type of retaliation by my actions, only anger and frustration as this has been a horrific year. I have no excuse other than the fact that I am a twenty year old Italian American with a deep passion for motorsport, which is a very emotional sport.

“While there has been much provocation leading to my mental lapse, it is still not an excuse and I will make sure that this does not happen again.

“I realize I have embarrassed many people and I apologize to my sponsors, Trident, my fellow drivers, Haas F1, FIA, FIA F2, my fans, friends and family.

He went on to address his absence from the post-race hearing:

“I also want to apologize to the FIA Stewards for not being able to attend the hearing. I was randomly selected for a drug test, as were others, and this delayed my return to the paddock by over an hour.

“At that point I very quickly packed and had to leave for the airport to catch an early afternoon flight back to the US to attend to an extremely urgent time sensitive family medical issue. I was notified of the Stewards meeting as I was leaving and did send an email to my team manager to forward to the Stewards explaining that I had no options but to leave.”

Ferrucci’s Trident team issued a statement Sunday supporting Maini.

“Trident intends to show their solidarity and support to @ArjunMaini_ and his family, for the unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him.

“The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers. Never in these 12 years of sporting activity has anything even close to this ever occurred. We apologize for the show that we have regretfully offered.”

Ferrucci finished 22nd and 20th in his IndyCar debut at the June Dual in Detroit for Dale Coyne Racing, replacing the injured Pietro Fittipaldi.

#63 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:17

Trident terminates banned Ferrucci's contract

fia-f2-silverstone-2018-santino-ferrucci

By: Jack Benyon, Journalist
1 hour ago

Trident Motorsport has parted ways with banned Haas Formula 1 junior driver Santino Ferrucci, after the Formula 2 driver crashed into his teammate and drove with a phone in his hand.

Ferrucci is banned for the next two events – Hungary and Spa – after driving into the left-rear of Arjun Maini's car on the cool-down lap after the Silverstone Sprint race.

The two had clashed in both Silverstone races.

Ferrucci was also fined €66,000 for driving without a glove on, also holding a mobile phone while transitioning between paddocks in his F2 car.

Trident has cited Ferrucci's actions, as well as payment issues, for the reason of the contract termination.

The statement read: "Trident Motorsport informs to have communicated to Santino Ferrucci and to its guarantor, a company represented by Mr. Michael Ferrucci, the termination of the contract with the Team.

"This decision was motivated by the events - which are now of public domain - occurred at Silverstone, as well as by the serious breach of driver's payment obligations.

"Since the beginning of the championship, the driver justified its payment default with alleged failure by his sponsors to fulfil their obligations.

"It seems weird that, despite such kind of issues, Santino Ferrucci had the resources needed to enter the Detroit IndyCar race from June 1-3 while, at the same time, he was not honoring his agreement with Trident Motorsport.

"Trident gave mandate to its lawyers in order to activate all the procedures needed to fully recover its credits towards the driver."

#64 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:59

Težak udes Frederika Blomstejda tokom današnje Super Trofejo trke na Spa Frankoršampu, svi učesnici u udesu su OK. Potršeni ali Okejiš

FeistyDaringGarpike-max-1mb.gif

Oftopik: Počeo sam polako rasturati Gfycatom, sve one GIFove u temama sam napravio baš tamo (Svi GIFovi su ispod 1 Mb, što je izuzetno ekonomično)

Ontopik: Mik Šumaher je pobedio na današnjoj trci F3 u Spa po promenljivim uslovima.

#65 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:45

Zapravo pročitao sam pogrešnu vest. Još uvek nema vesti o povredama učesnika udesa. To me zabrinjuje jako.

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 28 July 2018 - 11:45.

#66 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 15:15

Update: više izvora piše

Vozač i redari su povređeni ali van životne opeasnosti. Pa čak i onaj redar koji je bio najbliži ogradi za kojeg sam se i najviše brinuo.

#67 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 17:36

Kirkwood wins F3 Americas' series-opening race

kirkwood.jpg

By: SCCA | 23 minutes ago

Kyle Kirkwood ushered in a new chapter in North American racing by winning the inaugural F3 Americas Championship race on the 19-turn, 2.85-mile Pittsburgh International Race Complex.

Baltazar Leguizamon of Buenos Aires, Argentina, started on pole position after securing the fastest time in qualifying (1m33.647s) earlier in the day. Reining Formula 4 U.S. Championship and newly crowned USF2000 champion Kirkwood shared the front row.

Fast off the start, Leguizamon took the inside racing line. Kirkwood and Southern filed in behind the Argentinian rookie, however, second-row starter Peter Portante experienced some teething issues on his first career standing start. His carbon fiber No. 13 stalled on the takeoff, but the 2017 Formula Atlantic champion’s experience kicked in as the Importante Autosport driver quickly refired his engine and joined the field for the inaugural race.

Leguizamon and Kirkwood pulled away as the pair battled through the elevation changes. In an attempt to pass on the first lap in Turn 7, Kirkwood shunted off track, losing a valuable four seconds to Leguizamon.

The Abel Motorsports driver returned to the track on his own power. On the prowl, Kirkwood gained speed on every lap he turned until he closed the gap on Leguizamon. Mid-way through the 35-minute session, Kirkwood caught the race leader, but remained on Legizamon’s No 9 Motorola gearbox as the pair battled for position.

Using the momentum from Turn 3 and Leguizamon’s undertow, Kirkwood found his opening to pass. The two former F4 U.S. competitors went side-by-side into Turn 4 with Kirkwood on the outside. Kirkwood cut to the inside before entering Turn 5 to take the lead. While the duo would experience several other heated battles before the checkered, Kirkwood never forfeited position. Leguizamon’s tires started to lose in the final minutes of the race, allowing Kirkwood to further his lead. The Abel Motorsports’ driver crossed the stripe a full 5.514 seconds ahead of the Argentinian.

image004.jpeg
Image by Gavin Baker

“Balta and I had some great battles,” Kirkwood said. “Pitt Race is a proper race track. The curbing is great, the surface is smooth, there’s plenty of run offs, elevation changes and high-speed corners. When combined together, it made it easier for me to catch Balta for some great racing.”

John Paul Southern Jr. improved times each lap to finish with the second-fastest time of the race in third. The Southern Motorsports driver will start off pole in Race 2 on Sunday beside Kirkwood. After the starting incident, Portante ran an otherwise brilliant race with his fastest lap only .838 seconds off Kirkwood’s quick-time.

The inaugural event will count as championship races. The top-eight drivers on the leaderboards at the end of the season will earn Super License points to aid in their racing career advancement with the winner adding 16 points to his/her license.

The F3 Americas final day starts Sunday morning with the finale in the afternoon. Fans can follow live timing and scoring on F3Americas.com.

Kajl Kirkvud incase vozi USF2000 sampionat na Indikar lestvici gde dominira i vec ima obezbedjenu titulu (dve trke pre kraja sezone, ima sve pobede osim jednog drugog i jednog petog mesta). Gledao sam ga u Torontu, izdominirao je tako da je delovalo kao na Lemanu kada P1 klasa vozi sa GT.

#68 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:18

Zanardi tests modified BMW M4 ahead of DTM race

zanardi1.jpg

By: RACER Staff | 16 hours ago

Alex Zanardi has been racing BMW race cars since 2003, but this month’s drive at the DTM race weekend in Misano will mark something new: For the first time ever, he will race without his prosthetic legs.

Here’s how Zanardi explained the rationale for racing without the prosthetic:

“Cool! I took off, I looked down and.. Boy! Didn’t I forgot something?!? 4 the 1st time I’ll use my hand to push the brake and not my leg, which will stay in the garage.. Anyhow, with the BMW M4 DTM, I regain all the sensations from my singleseater days!”

To prepare, the 51-year-old is at Vallelunga today and tomorrow for a series of intensive tests with the modified BMW M4 DTM. Zanardi is adjusting to several modifications in the cockpit which will allow him to push the DTM car to its limit without using his prostheses.

BMW Motorsport engineers have developed many technical innovations for his start in the DTM and at the 2019 Rolex 24 At Daytona, including a hand-operated braking system for the first time. Here are some of the changes:

Hand-operated brake system

Zarnardi will have a newly developed hand-operated brake system at his disposal for the first time. This replaces the combination of brake pedal with a permanently attached artificial leg, which Zanardi has used to brake on his previous outings in BMW race cars. The advantage of this new system is that it requires less effort and is thus far easier to operate.

The brake lever is located to the driver’s right, in the center console area. The brake lines have been extended and laid from the footwell to this lever. As a result, the pedal box, with the throttle, brake and clutch pedals, is no longer necessary. The footwell in Zanardi’s BMW M4 DTM is empty. The large brake cylinder has been adjusted slightly, meaning Zanardi need not apply quite as much pressure by hand as a regular DTM driver must with his foot to achieve the required braking effect. Where a regular driver must apply 100 to 120 kilograms of pressure (220 to 260 pounds), a maximum 70 kilograms (154 pounds) is sufficient for Zanardi. As well as the size of the brake cylinder, the improved leverage of the handbrake lever also makes the whole braking procedure easier.

11.jpg

For the new system to work, the BMW Motorsport engineers turned the operating principle of the brake cylinder on its head. While the brake pedal in a normal BMW M4 DTM exerts tensile force on the brake cylinder, the handbrake lever in Zanardi’s car applies pressure to the cylinder.

As with every BMW M4 DTM, Zanardi’s car also has a parking brake, which is used to build up preload pressure to allow the fastest possible start. Like his fellow BMW drivers, Zanardi can operate this parking brake via a button on the steering wheel. However, he can also mechanically activate and release the parking brake via a lever on his handbrake. This also allows him to prevent the car from rolling.

Centrifugal clutch

In a standard DTM car, the drivers use a hydraulic clutch for the start of the race and for pulling away from the pit lane before the race and following a pit stop. In Zanardi’s car, a fully automatic centrifugal clutch is used instead. This automatically opens and closes at certain engine speeds and is no longer operated by the driver. The respective engine speeds are defined by BMW Motorsport engineers as part of their meticulous set-up work. For Zanardi, the system has the great advantage that he does not need to use one of his hands to operate a clutch lever.

Initial tests with the centrifugal clutch have been very positive. Both the pulling away slowly from the garage and the fast getaway at the start or after a pit stop have worked seamlessly. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (60mph) is roughly as fast with the centrifugal brake as with the conventional system.

2-e1533658649836.jpg

3.jpg

Gear shift

In principle, Zanardi can change gears in his BMW M4 DTM via the shift paddles on the steering wheel, just like his fellow drivers. Furthermore, it is no longer necessary to operate a clutch in any modern DTM car. Like all the other drivers, Zanardi uses the shift paddle on the right side of the steering wheel to shift up through the gears.

When necessary, he can move down through the gears normally with the respective shift paddle. However, as this procedure is usually associated with a braking maneuver for which the right hand is needed, Zanardi can also downshift using a shift paddle on the end of the brake lever.

Throttle ring

The system, with which Zanardi accelerates in the BMW M4 DTM, was adopted from the GT cars modified for him in the past. He accelerates by using his fingers to pull on a throttle ring on the rear of the steering wheel. The continuous ring can be operated with both hands, or just with the left or right hand. This plays no role in the way the system functions. The throttle ring is controlled using the same sensors as the standard throttle pedal.

Steering wheel

The steering wheel, including the throttle ring, is basically the same as those used in the GT cars that Zanardi has driven in the past. Only the buttons have been adjusted for his guest appearance in the DTM. For example, a DRS button has been added. Meanwhile, the knobs towards the bottom of the steering wheel, which are used to configure driver aids such as ABS in GT cars, have no function in the BMW M4 DTM.

Ogier enters DTM Austria round for Mercedes-AMG

mcklein.jpg

By: DTM | 19 hours ago

On the penultimate race weekend of the DTM season (September 21-23) in Austria, Sebastien Ogier will make a guest appearance on the DTM grid. The five-time World Rally Champion will switch from his rally car to the cockpit of the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM. Although the battle for the World Rally title is close and fierce, the French multi-time champion wants to try and deliver on Spielberg’s racetrack – in the battle with 18 other drivers instead of racing against the clock with co-driver Julien Ingrassia.

“This is a very exciting experience,” said Ogier. “The DTM is something completely new for me, but I’m trying to learn as much as possible with each lap. I see it as an opportunity to broaden my racing horizons and gain more experience. Up to now, I haven’t driven much on permanent racetracks – only a couple of times in a GT car. A DTM car is obviously faster. Of course, you can’t expect to be competitive as a guest starter right away. I’m expecting a difficult first weekend at Spielberg, where my target will be to keep up with the other drivers as much as is possible.”

Ogier is the third international motor racing star to make a guest appearance in DTM, this year. Two-time DTM Champion Mattias Ekstrom contested the season opener at Hockenheim as his farewell weekend, and at Misano (August 24-26), two-time Indycar champion and Paralympic gold medalist Alex Zanardi will make a guest appearance on the DTM grid.

On the occasion of the DTM meeting at Zandvoort, Ogier already acted as chauffeur in the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM race taxi and took his wife, TV presenter Andrea Kaiser, for three laps around the circuit. This Tuesday and Wednesday, he will gather serious experience in a DTM car at Vallelunga, Italy.

“We are really delighted that Mercedes-AMG will follow the example of Audi and BMW by also letting a renowned guest driver contest a DTM race meeting for them,” said Achim Kostron, Managing Director of DTM’s umbrella organization ITR. “Sebastien Ogier is the best rally driver of his generation as he is the most complete one – and therefore he is one of the best racing drivers in the world.

“The fact that Sébastien dares to make this guest appearance in DTM while the battle for the World Rally title is running and close demonstrates his extraordinary competitive spirit. I am convinced that Sebastien will also deliver in fine style in the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM.”

#69 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 16:02

#70 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 22:43

Di Resta edges Paffett for Sunday DTM win at Brands Hatch

di-resta.jpg

By: DTM | 5 hours ago

After Daniel Juncadella’s maiden win on Saturday, fellow Mercedes-AMG driver Paul Di Resta doubled the marque’s fortunes as he was first across the finish line on Sunday. In the 12th race of the season, his fellow Mercedes-AMG driver and points leader Gary Paffett completed the success for the Stuttgart-based brand by finishing second. At the demanding Grand Prix version of the race track in Kent, last year’s champion René Rast came third with his Audi RS 5 DTM.

Di Resta already laid the foundation for his victory at the start of the race. From second on the grid, the Scot overtook pole-sitter Paffett after a few meters already and remained in front at the restart after a safety car intervention. On the opening lap, Augusto Farfus, Robin Frijns and Lucas Auer tangled and partly slid off the track, resulting into the safety car being deployed for three laps.

For Di Resta, who scored his tenth DTM career win, today’s victory was a huge consolation.

“The result with 16th place on Saturday was hurtful,” said di Resta, who sits second in the drivers’ standings. “We worked on the car overnight and that paid off. Thus, I had a good battle with Gary today, just like in 2010.”

Even though Paffett was unable to extend his lead in the drivers’ standings, he remains in first place.

“I am very happy with the entire weekend. Yesterday’s points were important. They are making the difference between Paul and myself.”

Having started from fourth place on the grid, Audi driver Rast showed a strong performance in the closing stages of the race. Even though he was able to reduce the gap to Paffett on the final laps, it wasn’t enough to mount a challenge to Paffett for second place.

“I didn’t really expect this result,” last year’s DTM champion commented. “Overtaking is difficult here. All in all, I am absolutely happy with my race.”

Behind was Pascal Wehrlein with his Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM in fourth place, Marco Wittmann was the best-placed BMW driver in fifth. The winner of the race on Saturday, Daniel Juncadella, was classified ninth behind Mike Rockenfeller, Philipp Eng and Lucas Auer. Nico Müller rounded out the point-scoring positions on Sunday.

After twelve of this season’s 20 DTM races, Paffett remains in the lead of the DTM drivers’ standings. The Mercedes-AMG driver is on top with 177 points from Di Resta (148 points) and Wittmann and Auer (both 110). Also tied on points, Edoardo Mortara and Timo Glock (both 101) are fifth and sixth.

Next for DTM is a first: the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli will be hosting the first night races in DTM history from August 24-26.

#71 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 21:36

#72 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 16:03

IMSA Lamborghini Super Trofeo driver Sheena Monk, who was involved in a huge crash atop the Corkscrew at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on Saturday, has been released from the hospital.

Although the full extent of her injuries are unknown, Monk could be ready to race in approximately two months. Monk’s team owner Wayne Taylor is known to be searching for a replacement chassis to run her at the November 15-18 Lamborghini World Finals in Vallelunga, Italy.

Monk was flown to a trauma facility in Santa Clara, California immediately after the incident, but was released to drive home to Southern California Tuesday morning.

Copertina.jpg

#73 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 23:07

Sprint car racer Greg Hodnett dies in racing accident

1537531599527.jpg
By: RACER Staff | 7 hours ago

Veteran sprint car racer Greg Hodnett was killed in a racing accident on Thursday night at BAPS Motor Speedway in York Haven, Pennsylvania. Hodnett, 49, reportedly died instantly when his sprint car rolled into the wall of the 4/10th-mile dirt oval.

Hodnett became a star in the World of Outlaws sprint car series in the 1990s, winning Rookie of the Year honors in 1993 and going on to score 20 victories in WoO competition. He won the opening night at the Knoxville Nationals this past August, beating NASCAR ace Kyle Larson, who offered the following tribute to Hodnett via Twitter:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Greg Hodnett, his family and friends. I’ve always felt Greg was one of the best to ever strap into a sprint car and accomplish the things he has across the country. Feel honored to have had some great battles with him over the last few years! RIP

World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter said in a statement, “To me, Greg represented the true gentleman competitor in the pit area.”

BAPS Motor Speedway has announced that all races scheduled for Friday and Saturday at the track have been canceled out of respect for Hodnett.

#74 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 20:17

Mick Schumacher

http://formularapida...n-at-spielberg/

#75 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 22:01

Monger takes British F3 pole in Donington return

monger-04.jpg

By: RACER Staff | 5 hours ago

A year on from the serious accident at Donington Park that led to the amputation of both his legs, British driver Billy Monger returned to race at the British circuit for the first time since — and claimed a sensational pole position for the first British Formula 3 race of the weekend. The 19-year-old Briton put in a blistering lap that put him clear of Carlin Racing teammate Nicolai Kjaergaard.

“To come back here, with the meaning this circuit has to me and my first race back here, to get pole is an awesome way for me to start the weekend,” declared Monger, whose injuries occurred when he struck a stationary car at the Donington circuit in April 2017. “It’s something that I knew was doable, especially after the last few rounds where we’ve come so close and I’ve made mistakes. Today was all about doing the job and we’ve definitely done that.

“With it being so cold here today and potential rain this afternoon, I just wanted to make sure my tires were fully up to temperature before I started to push so during the middle of the session, my laps, although they were still competitive, weren’t fully committed, and it wasn’t until I got to the last few laps I knew everything was up to temperature and I just went for it, had a nice space on the circuit and did two laps good enough for pole.”

The race wasn’t quite such a fairy-tale success for Monger, who made a poor getaway in damp conditions and was passed by Kjaergaard by the time the field reached Redgate corner. Kjaergaard went on to win while Monger wound up fourth, having fallen as far back as sixth at one point, with the British driver fending off a race-long battle with Lanan Racing’s Kush Maini. But he had already proved a point to himself and to his supporters around the world.

Monger will get another chance tomorrow in Race 2 at Donington, scheduled for 11 a.m. local time.

:hail: