IndyCar sezona 2018

• Please log in to reply
621 replies to this topic

#616 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 22:47

Javio se i Viki Bobi iz bolnicke postelje!

https://twitter.com/...435369139568640

:)

#617 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 00:03

Ovde ce strim kad se zavrsi CRAPCAR:

#618 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:02

Hanter-Rej uz'o pobedu, Dikson uz'o petu titulu, Rosi se samoeliminisao vec na startu odvalivsi prednje krilo.

sonoma-results.jpg

Sada samo Fojt (7) ima vise titula od Diksona na listi svih vremena, na listi pobednika ispred njega su Fojt i Mario Andreti.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 17 September 2018 - 05:03.

#619 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:28

Hunter-Reay wins Sonoma as Dixon earns fifth IndyCar title

dixon-reax.jpg

By: Mark Glendenning | 9 hours ago

Scott Dixon held most of the cards heading into the 2018 IndyCar season finale at Sonoma, and a combination of his trademark calm efficiency and a catastrophic error by main rival Alexander Rossi helped elevate the New Zealander to the rarified status of five-time champion.

“It’s all about the people,” said Dixon, who finished the race second. “I‘m the lucky one that gets to take it across the line. I can’t thank [wife] Emma enough, I she’s been amazing this whole season. My teammate, everybody involved. This doesn’t come without a lot of hard work. We had a lot of things that could have gone wrong today. Thanks to PNC who came on board this year, Honda has been amazing… thanks to everybody.

“I’ve got to thank the other teams that we fought hard with – Penske, Andretti. Rossi did a hell of a job, he’s pushed hard this year. He’s a huge talent and is going to win a lot of championships in his career. Man, this is awesome. I can’t believe this is happening. You always doubt that these situations are going to happen.”

abbott_sonoma_0918_9750.jpg
Image by Abbott/LAT

The day was completely dominated by pole-sitter Ryan Hunter-Reay, who held complete command all afternoon. But Dixon’s concern heading into the race was Rossi, who changed the entire championship conversation at the very first corner when he drove into the back of teammate Marco Andretti, breaking his front wing and slashing his right-front tire.

The subsequent repairs put him a lap down, and the incident took much of the sting out of the opening phase of the contest until Dixon and a still-lapped Rossi found themselves fighting over the same patch of track for a couple of laps. Whatever temptation Dixon might have felt to simply let Rossi past and spare himself the distraction was overridden by a desire to retain every last advantage, and after spending two laps with blue and yellows filling his mirrors, Dixon actually pulled away again.

It took a battery problem silencing Graham Rahal’s car and bringing out a full-course yellow to wake things. Rahal’s problem materialized just moments after Rossi had pulled into pitlane, and allowed the No.27 to rejoin the back of the pack on the lead lap.

That paid dividends within seconds of the restart, when Rossi managed to sidestep some midfield elbowing and make up a few places. Some ferocious overtaking through the laps that followed earned him a few more, and within seven laps he was up to P7 and sizing up Sebastien Bourdais.

rossi-lat.jpg
Image by LAT

Rather than looking for the pass, Rossi looked for the pitlane, opting for a slightly early final stop in the hope of being able to capitalize on a late yellow. That was neutralized just a lap later when Dixon, mindful that he ultimately needed to cover Rossi more than he needed to cover Hunter-Reay, followed suit. Hunter-Reay made his own final stop shortly afterwards, and when everything shook out, the No.28 was still leading from Dixon, and Rossi was back in fifth with two Penskes ahead of him. And with a pair of scuffed Firestone primaries underneath him, he didn’t have the pace to do much about them.

abbott_sonoma_0918_9762.jpg
Image by Abbott/LAT

Dixon and Rossi were the only two drivers in the top six to opt for Firestone’s blacks for the final stint, and this helped contribute to some late race intrigue, first when Power began to reel Dixon in, and then when Andretti passed Rossi and marched off. In the closing laps Rossi also learned that he’d need to lean off due to a fuel miscalculation, which allowed Bourdais past and left him to finish the race in seventh.

“I don’t know [what happened at the start],” said a disappointed Rossi. “I got a good start and then I don’t know if [Andretti] lifted or whatever, but it is what it is. It was going to be tough to beat Scott anyway, but this team did such a good job. So unfortunate to go out like that. I wish I could replay that a million more times, but the team did a great job to get us back out there after the mistake I made.

“At the end of the day we have to be pretty happy with 2018, but it’s pretty hard to come home second and the first loser. I’m happy but I expect a lot out of myself, and the people around me, and there were times this year that we made mistakes and had things not go our way. Hopefully next year we can come out of the box and lead the whole way, but huge congrats to Scott – he is a five-time champion for a reason.”

Dixon admitted that Rossi’s misstep made his life easier, and said that the job from that point became about making it as difficult as possible for the No.27 to find a way back.

“We were just making sure we didn’t get ourselves into an awkward place that [Rossi] could capitalize on, and for them to go down almost a lap was kind of helping,” Dixon said. “But nobody is ever out.”

Hunter-Reay had arguably the least complicated afternoon of anyone in the field. His advantage over Dixon rarely dipped lower than 1.0s, and sometimes ballooned out to well over 3.5s.

“This is a great win for this team,” he said after the 18th win of his career. “The car was awesome. I want to dedicate this win to Robert Wickens, he’s fighting hard and we’re all with him. We wish he was here; he would have made our lives a lot harder on the race track. And congratulations to Scott Dixon, what he’s done in this era of IndyCar racing is amazing. It’s a nice way to end the season, a nice way to celebrate, and hopefully we’ll be back with a punch.”

Team Penske’s slim title hopes were halved again when Josef Newgarden’s car stalled during his first stop, leaving Will Power as the only other mathematical contender. He turned a seventh-place start into a third-place finish: strong, but not enough to made a dent in Dixon’s points haul. Penske teammate Simon Pagenaud was fourth ahead of Marco Andretti.

Further back, much of the action seemed to be happening in the vicinity of Jordan King or DCR’s Santino Ferrucci. King in particular made his presence felt with an elbows-out drive from 24th to 13th, salvaging something from the race for the ECR team after it lost Spencer Pigot’s car to a gearbox problem just after the halfway mark.

Pato O’Ward’s debut began with his being rapidly flushed from his P5 starting position when his tires faded, but after plunging towards the outskirts of the top 20 he began to find his feet, and recovered to an excellent ninth at the finish.

“In practice I didn’t do any passing, so that was something I had to learn during the race,” he said. “After a while it became easier, so I decided to put my head down and start passing people. It was a very long race; I’m pretty sore, my back is tired, my neck… that safety car saved me a bit, because I could rest my neck. But when I came here my optimistic aim was a top six start and a top 10 finish, and I achieved it. The first race is so hectic and so crazy, but I have a really good idea about things now and expect to be way stronger in future.”

Aside from Pigot’s problem, the bulk of the gremlins were reserved for Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Rahal was able to return to the track after his battery problem was fixed, albeit 19 laps down, but by then teammate Takuma Sato had long exited the race after a smoky engine blowup.

#620 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:52

#621 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:28

Ovo je zatvorilo jos jedan potencijalni ulaz u Indikar za Meklaren i Alonsa - dugo se spekulisalo da ce Andreti (Honda) nezvanicno preuzeti Harding Rejsing (Sevrolet) i sa Braunom ga pretvoriti u Meklaren-Sevrolet tim sa Alonsom i Markom Andretijem u bolidima:

New Harding Steinbrenner Racing team signs O'Ward, Herta for 2019

sk_sonomaindycarfp2-2.jpg 

By: Robin Miller | 21 minutes ago

In one of the seminal moments in modern IndyCar racing, the family of the most iconic sports franchise in American history is teaming up with Mike Harding and Michael Andretti to run two of the most promising drivers on four wheels.

RACER.com has been sitting on this story for a month at the behest of the new team, but later this afternoon it will become official when Harding Steinbrenner Racing introduces Pato O’Ward and Colton Herta as full-timers on the 2019 IndyCar circuit in a press conference at Yankee Stadium.

The team will be based in Harding’s shop on Main Street in Speedway, rely on Andretti’s technical expertise, and be powered by Chevrolet. George Michael Steinbrenner, the 22-year-old son of New York Yankees part-owner and co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner who has fielded an Indy Lights car for Herta the past two seasons with Andretti Autosports, is moving up and will be the youngest car owner in IndyCar racing history.

“Walking around paddock as a kid, it was always cool to see Scott Dixon or Will Power ride by on their scooters, but anytime Roger Penske or Michael Andretti would come by that’s who I wanted to be, that’s what I wanted to do,” said Steinbrenner, whose interest was fueled by following the late Tony Renna in his early days.

“We took Colton under our wing, and I thought we could make the jump, and knew it wouldn’t be too long, and everything worked out perfectly. To have a new, passionate team like Harding Racing to partner with these two talented kids is just exciting. And we hope to give these grizzled veterans a run for their money.”

16c8978-1.jpg
O’Ward impressed at Sonoma. Image by Owens/IndyCar

Brian Barnhart, team president for Harding Racing, has been around for four decades and knows how tough today’s competition is and how long it takes new teams to make an impression. That’s why he started working on putting Andretti and Harding together several months ago.

“I’ve got more respect for Michael Andretti than anyone in this paddock, and I thought if we were going to take the next step we had to form a relationship with an established team,” he said.

“We knew Michael was placeholder for Colton because of his relationship with Bryan, and it didn’t look like there was going to be a seat for him in 2019. So we signed him, and then got Pato. To have two talented teenagers to build with is just something that’s so appealing to Mike [Harding] and everyone else on this team.”

Harding, the Indianapolis paving contractor who began his team in 2017 with an impressive four-race stint with Gabby Chaves, had a rough sophomore season without a lot of technical resources or any sponsorship.

“I thought sponsorship was going to be easy and it’s not, so I’ve learned a lot in the past two years,” said Harding last weekend at Sonoma. “Getting to know George has been great because, he’s got a lot of passion and good ideas. And Michael and I are good friends, so it’s such a good match for us.

steinbrenner-abbott.jpg
Steinbrenner is IndyCar’s youngest-ever team owner. Image by Abbott/LAT

“Our two drivers are the future of IndyCar, and I think they’re both going to be superstars, and they’ve got me more committed and excited than I’ve ever been about IndyCar racing.”

O’Ward stood the IndyCar paddock on its ear last weekend at Sonoma when he qualified fifth-fastest out of 25 on his debut, and then finished ninth in the race.

“I feel very fortunate because it’s not often an Indy Lights driver gets to go right into IndyCar full-time,” said the personable 19-year-old Mexican, who won nine Lights races in 2018. “Without Michael and Mike I wouldn’t here, and if you told me I’d be racing an IndyCar by 2018, I would not have believed you.

“Colton and I pushed each other hard all season, and it made us better. We won almost every race, and I think as rookies we will continue to work together and the group we have behind us is very strong.”

Herta is a second-generation driver whose father Bryan is supportive but largely hands-off, and has watched his son go from skateboards to becoming a savvy racer at age 18 with the Steinbrenner’s support.

jgs_2018-sonoma-205203-1.jpg
O’Ward and Harding celebrate after Sonoma qualifying. Image by IndyCar

“It’s been amazing to get to know George, Hank and his family has been very supportive of my ambitions,” said Herta, who won four times in 2018 and ran 20th in his IndyCar debut last Sunday. “I’m super happy to make the jump with Steinbrenner name, and Mike Harding as well.

“It’s cool to call yourself an IndyCar driver, but I don’t think it will probably sink in until the first practice next year at St. Pete.”

Hank Steinbrenner is a gearhead from way back who sponsored Daryl Gywnn’s top fuel car in NHRA, loved Formula 1 in the 1960s and 1970s, and is gung-ho about his son’s entry into IndyCar.

“George has done very well, he’s very passionate about IndyCar and I’m very proud of him,” said Steinbrenner. “Mike and Chevy like him a lot. [I was] walking down pit road at one of races last year, and other drivers and mechanics come up to him, ‘Hey George’, and they could care less who I was, and this is one of the happiest days of my life.

“Our two kids are great with the kind of talent like Max Verstappen, and we’re going to keep them.”

At his initial press conference in Indianapolis back in 2016, Hank said he wasn’t going to write a big check for George’s team, but that he would definitely use his numerous baseball connections to help find sponsors and business-to-business relationships.

“We’ve got lots of possibilities for sponsorship, lot of potential,” continued Steinbrenner. “Pepsi is a big sponsor, and Ford, Toyota and Audi, three of our largest and best, but unfortunately they’re not in IndyCar right now. And we have some Mexican interest with Pato, so we’re talking to those people as well. We will definitely go after some our of core sponsors, and some of them would be a good fit.”

The most enlightening thing about the elder Steinbrenner is his passion for IndyCars. He gave IndyCar a resounding vote of confidence in 2016, and he wants IndyCar to succeed.

“I always loved drag racing, but Indianapolis was special to me,” he said. “I can still remember Bobby Unser’s sponsor was Bardahl, and the three greatest sporting events in the world are the World Cup, Kentucky Derby and Indianapolis 500.

“I still can’t believe Daytona gets a 5.1 rating and Indy only gets 3.4, because IndyCar is so much more exciting but we’ve got to get back to when Indy was king and we’re going to try our best to help make that happen.”

#622 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,745 posts

Posted Today, 01:38

Team overhaul runs deep in Harding Steinbrenner deal

1015168769-lat-20180519-lepage-180519-in

By: Marshall Pruett | 5 hours ago

With the new partnership between Mike Harding and George Steinbrenner IV under the Harding Steinbrenner banner, the team that completed the 2018 season will be fundamentally different when it returns next year.

As Harding Racing, the team made its IndyCar Series debut in 2017 and fielded a single entry for Gabby Chaves through Toronto in July. Although multiple drivers followed the Colombian-American in Harding’s Chevy-powered seat, it’s believed the Harding-only entry has been parked in favor of the two new Harding Steinbrenner Racing entries.

As a result, only Colton Herta and Patricio O’Ward are expected to compete for the team in 2019. Chaves, who is under contract through 2019 with Harding, was unavailable for comment.

With the end of Harding Racing and its rebirth as Harding Steinbrenner Racing, a heavy influx of Andretti Autosport personnel and technology is also expected. Positioned as the ‘Andretti Junior Team,’ the pairing of O’Ward and Herta showed great promise last weekend at Sonoma Raceway.

Utilizing a number of the same Andretti Autosport Indy Lights crew members that propelled the teenagers to a 1-2 in the top Road To Indy series, along with some veteran Andretti IndyCar mechanics, O’Ward starred after qualifying fifth and finishing ninth on his IndyCar debut. Herta’s first race was more low-key, but the Lights runner-up delivered a mature performance on the way to finishing 20th.