Jaguar predstavio novi I-Type2 i vozačku postavu: Nelsinjo Pike i Mič Evans. Test vozač je već drugu sezonu zaredom Ho Pin Tung
Jump to content
Posted 21 September 2017 - 15:12
Jaguar predstavio novi I-Type2 i vozačku postavu: Nelsinjo Pike i Mič Evans. Test vozač je već drugu sezonu zaredom Ho Pin Tung
Posted 21 September 2017 - 18:35
Formula E brings racing return to Switzerland
The FIA Formula E Championship will once again make history in the upcoming season - bringing circuit racing back to Switzerland for the first time in over 60 years, with the inaugural Zurich E-Prix set to take place on June 10.
The updated calendar was published following the FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris today, with Zurich adding to the exciting list of new destinations on the 2017/18 schedule - joining Santiago, Sao Paulo and Rome who are also hosting Formula E for the very first time.
Racing had previously been forbidden in Switzerland for decades, with the last event taking place at Bremgarten circuit in 1954. However, a law change in 2015 lifted restrictions on fully-electric racing and paved the way for Formula E to bring electrifying wheel-to-wheel action to the streets of Zurich.
After the success of the previous three seasons, Formula E will also return to Berlin as the German round is confirmed at Tempelhof Airport on May 19.
The dates for the New York City E-Prix have also moved one week later - now taking place over the course of two days on July 14 & 15.
- R1 Hong Kong - December 2, 2017
- R2 Hong Kong - December 3, 2017
- R3 Marrakesh - January 13, 2018
- R4 Santiago - February 3, 2018
- R5 Mexico City - March 3, 2018
- R6 Sao Paulo - March 17, 2018
- R7 Rome - April 14, 2018
- R8 Paris - April 28, 2018
- R9 Berlin - May 19, 2018
- R10 Zurich - June 10, 2018
- R11 New York City - July 14, 2018
- R12 New York City - July 15, 2018
- R13 Montreal - July 28, 2018
- R14 Montreal - July 29, 2018
*All events remain subject to FIA track homologation
FIA President Jean Todt, said: “I am very pleased that circuit racing is returning to Switzerland next year with the FIA Formula E Championship event in Zurich. To be able to reintroduce this discipline to a country where it has been absent since it was banned in 1955 is an exciting prospect and the achievement of an important goal for the FIA. I would like to congratulate everyone involved in making it a reality, as it is important for us to continue to bring motor sport to new audiences around the world. Together with the other new events on the calendar in Santiago, Sao Paulo and Rome, I believe we have a very strong season of Formula E ahead of us.”
Alejandro Agag, Founder & CEO of Formula E, said: “The calendar for next season is shaping up to be one of the most exciting yet with four new venues - including Zurich. I’m thrilled that Formula E is bringing racing back to Switzerland for the first time in over 60 years. This wouldn’t have been possible without the core fundamentals of Formula E - driving the electric revolution and sustainable mobility. Following the recent law changes this race was also made possible with the instrumental support of our Swiss partner, Julius Baer. I would like to express our gratitude to their CEO, Boris Collardi, and his entire team for their continued belief in Formula E – we’ve again been able to break new grounds in the world of motorsport. In addition to Zurich, I’m delighted to return to Berlin, a city which has featured on the calendar since the beginning and has seen many passionate racing fans attend our event every year. Germany is a key market for Formula E with the influx of manufacturers joining the series, including Audi this year. I just can’t wait to get started!”
Sebastien Buemi, Renault e.dams driver and Formula E champion, said: “Having a race in Switzerland is truly a dream come true, I am delighted about this news and still can’t believe it. Only a few years ago it seemed impossible because of the local legislation, but thanks to Formula E we have managed to bring racing back to my country. Zurich is the biggest city and racing there will be incredible, I hear the track will look amazing and can’t wait to give it a go. In the past years together with Renault I considered Paris to be the race of the year but I can finally say that in addition to France I will have my home race to look forward to next year.”
Boris Collardi, Chief Executive Officer of Julius Baer, said: “As one of the founders and the exclusive Global Partner of Formula E, we are proud to have a race in our Swiss home market. We have supported Formula E from day one, even before the first race took place in 2014. It is a trailblazer for the future of mobility, for technologies that enable a more sustainable world. Zurich has the ideal community to embrace this vision, with its dynamic cosmopolitan life and deep respect for the environment. We are convinced that the Zurich E-Prix will be an unforgettable event and look forward to it.”
Posted 26 September 2017 - 14:14
Prelomna vest: Loterer uz Vernja u Tačiti
Lotterer joins Vergne at Techeetah Formula E squad
Porsche LMP1 star Andre Lotterer has signed to race for Techeetah in Formula E next season alongside ex-Formula 1 racer Jean-Eric Vergne.
The three-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner, who also won the FIA World Endurance Championship title with Audi before switching to Porsche for this year, takes the seat occupied by Stephane Sarrazin for the final part of the 2016/17 season.
“I am honoured and proud to join Techeetah to make my Formula E debut,” said Lotterer.
“Techeetah made a very big impression last season beating a number of manufacturer teams, and I am looking forward to working with ‘JEV’ and everyone in the team to start this new chapter in my racing career."
Lotterer told Motorsport.com he has already started work on adapting to the electric series.
"I've been on a simulator and was positively surprised: it was very interesting how you have to manage the energy – you have to be very smart about it," he said.
"The cars don't have 1000bhp, but FE still looks very challenging on the tracks that they race on.
"What it doesn't offer in terms of speed, it offers in competition with a lot of top drivers. It is an exciting platform with a lot of new manufacturers coming, so the level is only going to get higher."
Lotterer will be offered a programme by Porsche, along with all its outgoing LMP1 drivers, and he stressed that he wants to "keep a foot in endurance racing whatever happens".
"I would like to keep challenging for victories at Le Mans," he said. "If there is good competition in P1 next year, it is something I would like to keep doing."
Techeetah’s managing director Ivan Yim added: “Jean-Eric Vergne and Andre Lotterer will form one of the strongest driver line ups in Formula E.
“Andre’s track record and experience with some of motorsport’s most significant factory teams, brings immense value as we push our own development in both the medium and long-term.
“With only three test days available to us as a private team, we’ll be looking to Andre to adapt quickly to the format and car.
“The intent is clear; we’re putting a quick driver together with the team’s proven Renault Sport powertrain.
“With the all-new season five car on the horizon, we are confident that season four will assist Andre in being well prepared along with Jean-Eric to mount a solid challenge for the championship."
Lotterer has remained a single-seater racer even during his sportscar years, continuing to compete in the Japanese Super Formula series, and expects to continue racing there next year.
Posted 26 September 2017 - 19:04
Reno predstavio bolid za četvrtu sezonu pod imenom Z.E.17 s kojim se spremaju odbraniti titulu u konkurenciji konstruktora. Francuska ekipa je osvojila titule u sve tri sezone FE i spremaju se nastaviti dominaciju. Postava je neizmenjena: Buemi i Prost.
Posted 27 September 2017 - 19:00
Još koji minut do Audijevog predstavljanja !!! Strim je na gornjem linku.
Posted 27 September 2017 - 19:43
Audi unveils e-tron FE04
Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler has tonight revealed the Volkswagen Group’s first fully-electric race car, the Audi e-tron FE04.
The team announced that Daniel Abt has become an Audi factory driver and will continue to partner 2016/17 FIA Formula E Champion, Lucas di Grassi for season four.
Allan McNish will increase his involvement in the team as the new Team Principal of the Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler outfit, having previously held the role of Project Coordinator for Audi Sport in Formula E.
The new livery, which features white, metallic green and black as the base colours, distinguishes the Audi e-tron FE04 from the team’s predecessors, while Daniel Abt’s car will bear additional red colour markings, which are intended to make it easier for fans at the track and at home to recognise. Reigning champion di Grassi has chosen to adorn his car with the number #1 for the 2017/18 FIA Formula E Championship as he looks to become the first back-to-back champion.
At the IAA, Audi announced having more than 20 electrified models in its range even before 2025 including Plug-in-hybrids and fully-electric cars.
Peter Mertens, Member of the Board of Management, Technical Development, AUDI AG, said: “After nearly 40 years of being successfully active in motorsport on the highest level, Audi now becomes the first German automobile manufacturer to compete in Formula E in order to test and advance the development of new technologies for production. Following quattro, TFSI, TDI, hybrid drive and many other innovations, our first single-seater race car is a portent of our product offensive in the field of electric mobility that we are ringing in with the Audi e-tron in 2018.”
Dieter Gass, Head of Audi Motorsport, said: “Together with our technology partner Schaeffler, we have developed a completely new powertrain. You can immediately tell this by looking at the new carbon housing of the powertrain. The car also sounds different because we’re pursuing new avenues in technology.”
The Audi e-tron FE04 will make its racing debut at the Formula E season opener in Hong Kong on December 2 & 3.
Posted 28 September 2017 - 17:52
Dublin considering Formula E race
Dublin has been in talks with Formula E about potentially hosting a race in the Irish capital.
Irish officals have been talking to the championship since January of this year and Fine Gael’s Deputy Noel Rock believes that the government should follow through with the proposal.
“Fáilte Ireland have informed me, via a parliamentary question response, that they have spoken with Formula E Operations Limited last year and have met with Dublin City Council in January of this year to explore the possibility of Dublin becoming a host city for a future Formula E championship race,” explained Rock.
“They are currently waiting to receive a ‘host city requirements manual’ from Formula E. This is a positive development for Dublin and one that the Government should fully support.
“Formula E is sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and is designed for shorter courses on temporary street circuits. I believe Dublin would perfectly fit the bill for such a race and it would make for exciting viewing.
“I fully support Fáilte Ireland and Dublin City Council exploring the possibility of acting as a host city and I would expect that the Government would support such a bid if one was to be made in the future,” continued Deputy Rock.
“With Ireland’s rich history in motorsport and with Northern Ireland’s own Adam Carroll who competed in the series, I believe it would be a great achievement for Dublin to be on the Formula E calendar alongside cities such as London, New York and Paris.
“I believe any potential bid would show Ireland as a strong candidate for any potential sporting events in the future,”added Rock.
Posted 29 September 2017 - 22:38
Formula E: Moroccan named venturi development driver
The Monegasque team Venturi, who is competing in the Formula E world championship, has named Moroccan driver Michaela Benyahia, who is in charge of developing the team's electric single-seater.
Gildo Pallanca Pastor, president of Venturi, said he will "accompany Michael in the development of his career and will work with my teams in Monaco, including the simulator," he said, "delighted to make him our pilot of development".
"I am convinced that he will be a valuable help in the delicate preparation process of the races," he added.
Aged 17, Michaël Benyahia has 46 kart victories, 6 podium finishes in the French F4 Championship, 2 wins and 4 podium finishes in the Formula Renault 2.0 European Championship.
In 2015, he joined the prestigious Auto Sport academy training center of the French Federation of motorsport.
In 2016, the Federation selects him to join the ranks of the French championship F4, which he will finish in third place.
During the 2017 season, he rode in the R-Ace GP (ART GP) team in the Formula Renault 2.0 European Championship where he was in the running to win the title.
Since his first title (champion of karting US), he is the youngest ambassador of the Moroccan motorsport.
The Formula E championship is a championship of racing using Formula E single-seaters, organized by the FIA (International Automobile Federation). It is the only championship of this type using vehicles propelled by an electric motor .
Posted 01 October 2017 - 17:55
New faces to make Formula E debut in Valencia
Alexander Sims, Edoardo Mortara, James Rossiter, Tom Blomqvist and Michael Benyahia will all get their first chance to test the fully-electric Formula E cars at the season four official pre-season test session in Valencia on October 2-5.
Andretti and Venturi will be using the four-day test to evaluate the above drivers for a full-time drive in the 2017/18 FIA Formula E Championship.
The NIO Formula E Team will be launching their season four driver line-up and livery live from Valencia tomorrow morning at 8:30am (CEST), stay tuned to the NIO and Formula E social media channels for the full announcement.
The 3.09km National Circuit configuration of the track will be used, with an additional chicane inserted on the start/finish straight. Each day of testing will be split into two sessions, with cars running between 9-12 in the morning session and 2-5 in the afternoon.
Follow the FIA Formula E social media channels for live updates of pre-season testing throughout the week.
The full entry list can be found below:
Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:18
Andreti predstavio bolid i nove glavne sponzore- MS i AD Osiguranje. Posada još nije definitivna ali stoji da će Da Košta voziti za njih celu sezonu zbog BMV veze i činjenice da će Andreti postai BMV sledeće godine. Drugi vozač će biti ili Tom Blomkvist ili Aleksander Sims.
Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:27
NIO predstavio bolid NekstEV NIO 003 i posadu: Oliver Tarvi i Luka FIlipi
Formula E: NIO brings Luca Filippi, confirms Turvey & shows new car
The Formula E team NIO presented its line-up for the upcoming fourth season at Valencia on Monday morning. On one side of the box, the British driver Oliver Turvey goes in his fourth season with the Chinese team. On the other hand, NIO has surprisingly signed the Italian Luca Filippi. The 32-year-old replaces Nelson Piquet jr, who recently moved to Jaguar. In addition, NIO has presented its new Formula E car, the NextEV NIO 003, before the official test runs.
NIO presents itself in similar colors as before and has adjusted its look only marginally. Instead of a title sponsor, the Hashtag #BlueSkyComing is on the side of the electric car - the free translation of NIO. Also noticeable is the starting number 16, which now sticks to the racing car. She is now Oliver Turvey, who has passed from his previous number 88. Filippi takes the starting number 68.
"I would first like to thank NIO for the opportunity to compete in Formula E," says Filippi. "This electric world is new to me, the series is bursting with talent and clean energy, and during my first test in Spain I had a great feeling in the car, a dream come true and I look forward to this new chapter with NIO." The Chinese had used the full 15 private test days before the collective test runs in Valencia.
"I would like to welcome Luca to the team," says Turvey. "He brings a lot of experience to the team, I've already driven against him, and I know that he's going to be a very persistent team-mate, I want to thank NIO for the ongoing trust they have in me Season to fight for podium places and victories, "the Briton said.
Posted 02 October 2017 - 14:58
Revealed: New Generation Car Runs in Secret Test
The new generation Season Five Formula E car ran for the very first time last month during a top secret test….
The new generation Season Five Formula E car ran for the very first time last month during a top secret test, e-racing365 can reveal.
The run, which was undertaken at the little-known Circuit Ecuyers facility near Reims in France, is believed to have been conducted independently by Spark Technologies.
Current ART Grand Prix GP3 driver Anthoine Hubert was the test driver undertaking the initial running. So far it is understood that 400 kms of testing have taken place but that not all of the Season Five bodywork was used.
Great secrecy has been centered around the new design, which the FIA is describing as the first modern international racing car which it is actively managing from the tendering process to final testing and distribution.
It is not known exactly what hardware the new package was running at the test and if a fully complete new generation battery was installed for the run.
The car did not run with a HALO safety device but witnesses to the test have described to e-racing365 that the car will be “remarkable and like no other single-seater seen before.”
It remains to be seen when the car will test next but the run last month puts it well ahead of its targeted schedule.
Formula E and FIA officials previously suggested an October date at the earliest for the first test of the car, which will be known initially as the “Gen-2 Formula E car.”
All nine Season Five manufacturers are set to receive its cars at the end of February.
E-racing365 broke the news last week that a six-week delay has been accrued due to the implementation of the HALO device. This is because of modifications that need to be made to the Dallara-manufactured monocoque.
The look of the Season Five car is set to be revealed early next year before the physical model is presented at the Geneva Motor Show, which begins on March.8.
Ništa od potpuno zatvorenog kokpita u skorijoj budućnosti, FIA ga je testirala i prošao je test još davne 2011 godine a baš je Spark njega želeo implementirati. Izgleda da ih je FIA pritisnula ili nešto.
Posted 02 October 2017 - 20:40
Rezultati prvog dana predsezonskog testiranja četvrte sezone
Dobrodošao u FE Loterer
Posted 02 October 2017 - 20:53
Additional chicane added for second day of testing
Drivers will have to navigate an additional chicane at pre-season testing tomorrow in Valencia - as Formula E and circuit organisers look to add an extra section on the main straight overnight.
A temporary chicane was placed three-quarters of the way down the pit-straight for the first day of testing - providing an additional braking point to aid regeneration and replicate the tight characteristics of a street circuit layout.
Following Formula E’s first outing in Valencia, a solution has been put in place to reduce the speed of the cars approaching the original chicane - implementing an identical left-right chicane near the finish-line.
The second day of testing gets underway at 09:00 (CEST) tomorrow.