Формула Е 2017/18

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 00:24

Formula E sezona 2017/18 označava ujedno i četvru sezonu ovog još uvek svežeg šampionata električnih bolida. Titule u konkurenciji konstruktora brani Reno koji je osvojio sve prethodne sezone a u konkurenciji vozača titulu brani Lukas di Grasi (pre njega su redom osvojili titule Sebastijen Bujemi i Nelsinjo Pike).

Provizionalni kalendar

35975965423_fa954689ae_o.jpg

Ko sve ima ugovore za četvrtu sezonu?

Reno je osigurao mesto Buemiju i Prostu te Audi Abtu i di Grasiju. Nil Jani je nedavno potpisao s Faradej Fjučr a isto to je i de Ambrozio uradio pre ePri Meksika ove godine, Duval koji je razočaravajuće vozio u trećoj sezoni otpada iz Faradeja. Ostatak ekipe je vrlo nesiguran ali na primer mogu biti siguran da će Mahindra zadržati vozačku postavu, Da Košta će verovatno zbog veze s BMVom ostati u Andretiju (koji će od pete sezone postati BMV). Spominje se transfer Nelsinja u Jaguar ali to su samo špekulacije.

Izmene predviđene za četvrtu sezonu Formule E

A number of modifications to the Sporting Regulations for Season 4 of the FIA Formula E Championship were also approved, with the aim of ensuring continuity of the championship leading up to the radical change that will take place in Season 5 with the transition from two cars per race to just one per driver.

These changes include:

* Elimination of a non-qualifying session when two races take place during the same event
* Increase in the number of promotional days from 3 to 6 days per team with a maximum of 3 days on circuit, to promote roadshows
* Addition of a practice session day during the season and a practice session day reserved for rookies
* Increase of power during the race from 170 kW to 180 kW

Formula E će pretvoriti ruševine stare Ulične Staze Valensija u pistu za predsezonsko testiranje

Neko je konačno uslišio moje molitve, realno Valensija bi mogla postati ko Barselona u F1 samo niko nije imao mozga i volje prethodne tri godine...

Formula E will hold its official 2017/18 pre-season test at Valencia in October, bringing an end to three years of running at Donington Park.

Donington has been used as the base for all 10 FE teams and the championship's operational headquarters since early 2014.

In that time it has hosted official pre-season testing for all three FE campaigns, but teams had targeted a change of venue once the initial three-year deal with Donington finished.

This summer several teams will relocate from the FE 'hub' inside Donington's grounds, having been obliged to operate from there for the first three years.

The desire to leave is due to Donington being an unrepresentative track for the street circuit-based championship to test at.

Motorsport.com has learned pre-season testing for 2017/18 will be held on a yet-to-be-decided configuration of the Valencia circuit in eastern Spain.

It is understood FE is targeting three days of testing from October 2-5, with one 'rest' day somewhere in between.

The final layout will be determined by the series working out a design that does not put the battery under considerably greater duress than it would normally deal with, but also conforms to FE circuit guidelines.

During their 15 days of private running, many teams run at circuits like the Spanish Calafat and Guadix venues, which have even more in common with the tracks FE will race on than Valencia.

It is understood Valencia was chosen for the collective test because it can comfortably host the 10 participating teams and series staff and has the required infrastructure for its charging requirements.

The local area can also provide enough accommodation for team members and additional personnel attending the tests.

A decision has yet to be made on whether the tests will be made open to the public free of charge, as had been the case at Donington.

This summer several teams will also relocate from the FE 'hub' inside Donington's grounds, having been obliged to operate from there for the first three years.

The series will continue to use Donington as a logistical base, with its proximity to East Midlands Airport is important for partner DHL.

#2 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 19:50

Fastest round point only for Top 10

Well one month before the test drive into the fourth Formula E season, further unpublished changes in the sports rules of the electric series are pushing the public. As 'Motorsport.com' reported in its Chinese edition, the often criticized additional point for the fastest race will in future only be awarded to the fastest driver from the top 10. This is to prevent drivers, who have left the actual point of the race, to collect the bonus point outside the race.

Until now, the drivers had the opportunity to return to the pits after an accident and fight for the fastest lap regardless of the racing situation and without looking at the energy management in the second vehicle. Numerous trophies for the "VISA Fastest Lap" went to riders outside the Top 15 last year.

This should be over now. From now only drivers from the top 10 will be able to collect the extra point. As reported by the news portal, the proposal for a change in the rules has already been adopted by the FIA, and only awaits the confirmation of the World Motor Sports Council, which will take place next month.

#3 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 22:34

Očekivano, zapravo mislim da će putanja staze biti skoro ista kao u mojem predlogu s početka Marta

Sao Paulo: "No copy of the Indy route"

For the first time in the still young Formula E history there will be no championship race in the upcoming fourth season on the popular course in the Argentine capital Buenos Aires. Instead, the electric series is celebrating its Brazil premiere in Sao Paulo. For the first time, information about the course of the course for the fifth seasonal station in March 2018 was available to the public.

As we reported in March, the ePrix is ​​indeed carried out on the streets of the Sambodromo de Anhembi , where the popular carnival takes place annually. The Anhembi complex is located in the north of the 12-million-inhabitant city and is specifically designed for major events such as Formula E.

The US IndyCar series was in the same area between 2010 and 2013. The Formula E circuit, which is currently being worked on behind the scenes, should, however, stand out clearly from the Indy course.

"We will not copy the track," said the current Formula E champion Lucas di Grassi at a recent press conference in Sao Paulo. "Our course will look a lot different. Di Grassi has been supporting the project in his birthplace since the beginning with input from the driver's perspective.

Moji predlozi (obe staze dugačke 2.51 km)

C6hS0joWoAAUBUm.jpg

C6hZbFTWcAEukpe.jpg

Pitlejn i garaže bi komotno mogli stati iza glavnog gledališta, kod Indikara to je bilo smešteno u parkingu s istočne strane ali prosto lokacija parkinga i glavnog gledališta je predaleka što znači da se ne može napraviti  smislena staza koja bi povezala ta dva mesta. Smer Indikar staze je bio obrnut od kazaljke sata, moji predlozi idu u smeru kazaljke sata.

#4 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 17:07

FORMULA E – TEAM ENTRIES AND UPDATED SPORTING REGULATIONS CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 4

Ten teams to compete for the 2017/18 FIA Formula E Championship, updated Sporting Regulations confirmed

36770389842_39b1e44328_z.jpg

The FIA has today, 1 September, confirmed the team entry list for Season 4 of the FIA Formula E Championship. Ten teams will compete over the 14 rounds of the 2017/18 campaign, which begins with a double-header of races on 2-3 December in Hong Kong.

The team names are as follows:

36133370433_0e6cfd325d_o.jpg

Updated Sporting Regulations, which were approved by the World Motor Sport Council on 19 June, were also published today. These include:

• Any driver who is not classified in the top ten positions at the end of the race will not be eligible for the point awarded for fastest lap
  • Elimination of a non-qualifying session when two races take place during the same event
  • Increase in the number of promotional days from 3 to 6 days per team with a maximum of 3 days on circuit, to promote roadshows
  • Addition of a practice session day during the season and a practice session day reserved for rookies
  • Increase of power during the race from 170 kW to 180 kW

#5 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25

MASSA WANTS FORMULA E SWITCH AFTER F1 CAREER ENDS

Formula 1 veteran Felipe Massa says he wants to race in Formula E when his F1 career comes to an end.

The Williams driver retired last year but came straight back out of retirement following Valtteri Bottas’ shock exit from the team.

Massa has previously said he wants to remain in F1 for 2018 but reports suggest he is facing stiff competition from Sergio Perez for the second seat alongside Lance Stroll who is expected to remain with the team for a second year.

“Formula E. But I don’t know when,” said the Brazilian when asked where he would go if he didn’t continue with Williams.

The 36-year-old tested for Jaguar after his first F1 retirement announcement and he was impressed.

“I did a test with them,”
added Massa. “When I decided to stop F1, I was talking with some teams and with Formula E.

“I wanted to see the car, I wanted to drive the car and see how it is. I did a test with them just to see how it is.

“You cannot compare [it to Formula 1]. It’s completely different but it is still a competition.

“[There are] some great ideas for the future and the championship is growing.

“I think it’s fantastic [that new manufacturers are entering], and I see a big future in that category for a driver, especially after F1.”

#6 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 18:50

After a complete season with DS Virgin Racing, Jose-Maria Lopez is set to leave the team. The driver himself announced his departure in an interview with Campeones and apparently did not leave the team on good terms.

Jose-Maria Lopez proved to be a valuable addition to the FIA Formula E grid in season three and was a favourite among the fans as well. Even though the Argentinian was able to set several highlights following an adjustment period, he seems to be without a drive for next season. Lopez himself announced he would not continue competing with DS Virgin Racing in an interview with Campeones.

“We’re in negotiations. It’s definitive I won’t stay at Virgin”, he said during the radio interview with Daniel Bosco which is also available on Campeones website. Nevertheless, the Argentinian did not stop there: “I haven’t been treated well by Alex Tai. He was not honest at all with me, I’ve always treated people with honesty in my career. So if it’s not this way, I prefer to stay out”, he accused his (most probably: former) team.

Lopez did not go into further detail concerning what exactly caused his distrust yet it seems obvious that he did not leave the team on good terms. Following the news, DS Virgin Racing’s driver announcement – which is scheduled for September 5, 2017 – will most likely involve Sam Bird who has been with the team from the start, and Alex Lynn who left a great impression following his replacement for Lopez in New York.

#7 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 14:55

Izgleda da se ona druga Valensija sprema za FE predsezonski test, ona u Rikardu Tormu. Koji meh, a još imaju i problema... 

Valencia circuit must be modified say teams

Pre-season testing for season four is just over a month away and will take place at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia rather than Donnington Park in the UK.

Formula E and the teams agreed to move away from Donnington Prak earlier in the year, but an official statement from Formula E has yet to be revealed about the change of location.

The teams wanted to go a track that can be easily modified to suit to characteristics of a Formula E track. However, with less than a month before the start of testing, the teams are still unaware of any changes that will be made to the track.

“We still don’t know if Formula E is doing anything to modify the circuit to make it more relevant to Formula E. The teams want to see more chicanes on the circuit and use kerbs that we see on the street circuits,” explained an engineer for a Formula E team.

Race circuits are not beneficial

Another Formula E engineer explained that any race circuit that Formula E goes to will not be very beneficial for testing.

” If we use the actual race circuit. Then there was not really a real reason to leave Donnington for Valencia. If they do decide to place so more chicanes on the circuit and add relevant kerbing than that will be much more useful than using the actual circuit layout itself.

“However, any race circuit that Formula E goes to will not be representative to us anyway. Mainly because the cornering speeds are quite different to what we have on street circuits. Also, the grip levels are completely different.

“We will be able to learn things if we use the full circuit, but we will learn much more if they make changes to it,” explained a teams engineer.

Al niko živ se ne seti modifikovati uličnu pistu u Valensiji, mala investicija koju Valensija ne bi osetila naspram onih s F1. Uopšte ništa ne kontam  :yucky:

#8 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 14:21

ALEX LYNN STEPS UP TO FULL-TIME FORMULA E RACE SEAT WITH DS VIRGIN RACING

Briton joins team stalwart Sam Bird for all-British season four campaign

Web-site-AL.jpg

British racer Alex Lynn has been signed on a multi-year deal alongside Sam Bird to contest the forthcoming fourth Formula E season for DS Virgin Racing, marking the series’ first ever all-British driver line-up.

The 23-year-old was appointed the team’s official reserve driver earlier this year but will step up to a full-time race seat when the burgeoning all-electric single-seater championship gets underway on December 2 on the streets of Hong Kong.

Despite his age, Lynn brings with him an impressive track record having previously been crowned the Formula Renault UK Champion, GP3 World Champion and victor in the coveted Macau F3 Grand Prix. Additionally, he has multiple wins in GP2 (now known as FIA Formula 2) to his credit and has also been a Formula 1 test driver. In June this year, he made his Formula E debut for the team in New York, securing pole position on his first attempt and becoming only the second driver since Beijing 2014 to have ever done so.

Meanwhile, Bird, who has contested every one of the team’s 33 race starts, will continue his long-standing association with DS Virgin Racing, which has seen him secure five wins and nine podiums to make him the third all-time Formula E points scorer.

Lynn will replace Argentinian Jose Maria Lopez who made his Formula E debut with the team last season.

“I am over the moon at being promoted to a full-time drive with the DS Virgin Racing Formula E Team,” said Lynn. “Having worked very closely with them since January this year, it has been a genuine pleasure to learn from such a fantastic group of high quality engineers and to integrate myself into their set-up. Indeed, I have been made to feel very welcome throughout their organisation and I would specifically like to thank Alex Tai for not only giving me the chance to make my series debut in New York, but for subsequently promoting me to this full-time race seat. I am currently enjoying helping the team to further develop the car and intend to fully repay everyone’s faith in me on track next season.”

Bird said: “It’s great to be remaining with the DS Virgin Racing family which I’ve been a part of since we completed the first ever test lap at Donington Park in 2014. Last season saw us take some big steps forward in terms of pace and energy management – as our double victory in New York showed – and I know the team has been working hard on maintaining this competitive edge. I’m looking forward to further success in season four and to be partnering with Alex who will no doubt prove to be a real asset to the team.”

Alex-Lynn-on-track-1-500x333.jpg

Team Principal Alex Tai commented: “I’m delighted to announce our driver line-up for season four. Alex has always impressed me and has a proven track record in international motorsport so I know he will perform out of the blocks as we’ve already seen. It’s also important for us at DS Virgin Racing to be nurturing young drivers like Alex and the next generation of Formula E racers. Together with Sam, who has consistently proven himself to be one of the most talented drivers on the grid, and the pace of our car, I believe we have a very competitive package that can fight at the top.

“I would also like to personally thank Jose for his contribution to the team last season and we wish him well for the future.”

DS Performance Director Xavier Mestelan Pinon added: “Thank you to Jose who performed very well behind the wheel of the DSV-02 during his first Formula E season. In addition, his valuable technical feedback enabled us to progress this year. We are very pleased to continue to work with Sam Bird and Alex Lynn. Sam’s substantial experience has made him one of the quickest and most consistent drivers in the field, whilst Alex has shown fantastic promise during testing and of course his superb debut performance in New York.”

DS Virgin Racing is one of the founding and most successful Formula E teams, working in partnership with French luxury car manufacturer DS Automobiles. Last season the team enjoyed its most successful season in terms of silverware, with an impressive six podiums and two wins, together with two pole positions and two fastest laps.

The 2017/2018 FIA Formula E Championship begins in Hong Kong in December, with pre-season testing commencing on October 2 in Valencia.

#9 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 19:19

FE promenula logo

36927911271_828e87d8ec_o.png

#10 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 13:08

Jean Todt confirms concrete plans for a new Formula E series

Formula E could already gain a further menu point in the supporting program in just over a year. As 'Motorsport.com' reports, the FIA ​​is thinking about integrating a full-electric touring car championship as a support series in the ePrix format from season five (2018/19) onwards. An agreement is imminent, even the official announcement of the Formula E Holdings including all details could follow in October.

"Of course, we want to continue developing electric motorsport," says FIA President Jean Todt. "We are investigating and discussing the inclusion of the electric car in other categories of motorsport," he said. "It would be a good idea to have a second race on the Formula E weekends," the Frenchman said in Montreal ePrix.

Todt finds that in the regular daily routine of a Formula E racing day would still be air to integrate a frame series. Whether this is actually so easy is doubtful. Finally, the racing day is tight with two training sessions, a qualifying and a race. And at some point, Roborace is to be held ...

Whether the support category would be a single series or even consider different manufacturers is unclear. It would, however, be quite conceivable that some manufacturers have no interest in the Formelsport, but would gladly put on electric touring cars, which is even closer to the automobile turn. The fact that electric motorsport is booming is no secret ...

It was only in August that we had reported that Volkswagen would be interested in an electric rallycross series within the framework of Formula E. Whether it's a touring car or rallycross - it looks as if the Formula E would soon be growing. Roborace times completely left out. The first Formula E race took place during the Hong Kong ePrix 2016: the e-Golf Cup gave a first taste of what could come.

#11 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 17:54

Kao što sam rekao ranije, priča oko Pikea i Jaguara se davno pristavila. Čekamo zapršku !  :lol:

Why Nelson Piquet Jr would be Jaguar's perfect Formula E signing

Jaguar is poised to announce its 2017/18 Formula E driver line-up this month, and signing inaugural champion Nelson Piquet Jr would be a surprising but excellent move.

Piquet was thought to be off the market for the coming season, which would make a move to Jaguar as unexpected as it would be a brilliant piece of business.

Jaguar signed Mitch Evans and Adam Carroll for its debut FE season, but struggled to make an impact in the 2016/17 campaign as it wrestled with a below-standard first attempt at a powertrain.

Backed by Williams Advanced Engineering and armed with the experience of its first season, which at least included several points finishes, Jaguar is expected to make a significant step forward in 2017/18.

Securing a strong driver line-up is a key part of its push and Autosport understands a decision was made to end Carroll's deal after a single season, although Evans's strong form must have earned him an extended stay.

Piquet, who is understood to have pushed hard for a move to Jaguar, has been a target for the British manufacturer for a long time. But one of the key hurdles to overcome was extricating himself from his existing team.

NextEV announced last summer it had retained Piquet as part of a multi-year deal alongside Oliver Turvey. Piquet's relationship with the team has yo-yoed over three contrasting seasons and an exit was to be expected at some point, if not so quickly.

Jaguar is expected to confirm its drivers later this month, and announcing Piquet would mean it overcame an obstacle that once seemed insurmountable - presenting its biggest indicator yet of how seriously it is taking its FE programme.

While Piquet has not won a race since clinching the inaugural FE drivers' title, he would be a major coup for a new team such as Jaguar.

Along with a deft touch for energy management, Piquet offers the perfect benchmark for rising star Evans and has a wealth of experience to offer the Jaguar/Williams technical alliance. Few offer the same development capabilities.

It would also be a reward for Piquet, who remained loyal to Team China Racing/NextEV (the same entry, regardless of name).

Thanks to backing from Adrian Campos, Piquet joined the unfancied Team China Racing operation - as background politics threatened to block his move into the electric series - and claimed the inaugural drivers' title in surprising fashion against Sebastien Buemi and Lucas di Grassi.

As FE moved to open technical development in 2015/16 TCR, with fresh NextEV backing, struggled with a cumbersome powertrain. Win-less, podium-less and with a best finish of eighth, Piquet finished 15th in the championship, but drew hope from a massive restructuring within NextEV that included the complete takeover of the entry and dismissal of Campos as the operating team.

Piquet took pole for the 2016/17 season opener in Hong Kong, but remained podium-less and failed to score points in the final six races as NextEV's second powertrain proved potent but inefficient.

As Buemi and di Grassi swept to their first titles in two seasons Piquet was little more than a footnote in the story, Autosport understands his patience wore thin. Whoever partners Turvey at the now-NIO-branded team next season will move to an outfit that has potential, but has not harnessed it properly thus far.

It is easy to see why a Jaguar-Williams partnership was so highly coveted by Piquet, and equally why the man himself has been a target for the team.

2e967a5555e39f23f822ba3cb7cc83bf.jpg

#12 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 19:59

Valencia pre-season test dates confirmed

Formula E will have a new official test venue ahead of season four, with three days of collective testing taking place at the Ricardo Tormo track in Valencia over October 2-5.

The 3.09km National Circuit configuration of the track will be used, with an additional chicane inserted on the start/finish straight. Each day of testing will be split into two sessions, with cars running between 9-12 in the morning session and 2-5 in the afternoon.

The 10 Formula E teams will be active on October 2, 3 and 5.

Monday, October 2

Morning session: 09:00 - 12:00
Afternoon session: 14:00 - 17:00

Tuesday, October 3

Thursday, October 5

All test days are open to media. To apply for media accreditation, please email your interest to: mediaaccreditation@fiaformulae.com

screen-shot-2017-09-07-at-145810.png?wid

#13 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:01

Formula E and Jaguar to launch support series

select-for-news-story.jpg?anchor=center&

Jaguar has today unveiled plans for a fully-electric support series to run alongside select races in the FIA Formula E Championship from season five - titled the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY.

The Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY would be the first production battery electric vehicle racing series, featuring cars based on Jaguar’s first battery electric vehicle - the Jaguar I-PACE performance SUV, which hits the road later next year.

Modified Jaguar I-PACE cars will have the opportunity to compete on the same weekend at select Formula E events, using the same circuit layout as the stars of the electric street racing series - with the planned schedule consisting of a practice and qualifying session, followed by a 30-minute race.

Watch the video below:

Alejandro Agag, Founder & CEO of Formula E, said: “Jaguar has been a welcome addition to Formula E and a fantastic advocate for electric street racing. I’m delighted that in addition to the Panasonic Jaguar Racing team competing on the Formula E grid, we’ll also be adding to our race day schedule with a competitive new support series for season five - the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY. The competition will offer more entertainment for fans in-between sessions and is further testament to the advances in battery technology and exciting electric performance. I hope Jaguar will allow me to bring my race suit and helmet... and maybe get behind the wheel myself!”

Gerd Mäuser, Chairman of Jaguar Racing, said: “Jaguar returned to racing in 2016 with the mission ‘Race to Innovate’. With the launch of the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY, we’ve strengthened our commitment to battery electric vehicles, international motorsport and Formula E. As a British team, we’re proud to announce today the launch of the world’s first production battery electric vehicle championship. We’ve always said we want to prove our electrification technologies on the track - this is the proof. I’m looking forward to seeing a full grid of Jaguar I-PACE race cars in late 2018, soon after the first Jaguar I-PACE hits the road in Europe. Ultimately, this innovative series will enhance the technology in our future electric vehicles and benefit our customers. Formula E has grown exponentially since we joined as the first premium manufacturer last year, with recent commitments from Audi, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.”

The Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY will offer a complete ‘Arrive and Drive’ package for 20 drivers at each event, including professional technical support, spare parts and equipment. Technical specifications, schedule and participation costs will be released in 2018, with venues and calendar subject to FIA approval.

The announcement follows Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to electrification, with all new models incorporating electric or hybrid technology from 2020.

#14 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 15:47

Daj Teslu da se ukljuci u ovo, i onda imamo nesto!

#15 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 21:01

Hartley Eyes Formula E Seat After Venturi Test
Reigning Le Mans winner Brendon Hartley is in contention for a seat in Formula E after recently testing for the Venturi team…

M17_3350_fine.jpg

Reigning 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Brendon Hartley is in contention for a seat in the FIA Formula E Championship after recently testing for the Venturi team, e-racing365 can reveal.

The Porsche LMP1 factory driver took part in a group test session with three other drivers in the South of France last month, as the Monegasque squad continues its search for a teammate to join Maro Engel in the team for the 2017/18 season.

Hartley is reported to have acclimatized well to the intricacies of the Formula E car during the test, with one team member telling e-racing365 that the Kiwi “took time to ‘get’ the car, but this is normal for those new to these Formula E cars.”

Although the same source would not comment on reports that Hartley suffered an accident during the test, e-racing365 believes he did have some sort of excursion during his run.

The Kiwi could be in line to join Porsche stablemate Neel Jani in Formula E next season and is understood to be considering a drive with Venturi. Hartley, a Monaco resident, could take part in another test later this month.

While having been linked to a switch to the Verizon IndyCar Series, Hartley has admitted his interest in the electric open-wheel championship as well, particularly if it comes with Porsche’s blessing.

“Formula E is something I’m looking at as well,” he told e-racing365 earlier this month. “Nothing’s signed off but I hope in the next few weeks I’ll have a clearer idea of where I’m heading.

“I want to keep my relationship with Porsche. It’s been such a big part of my career. They gave me a huge opportunity I’ve had to showcase myself on one of the highest levels in motorsport in the world. I’m not looking to leave, that’s clear.”

The 27-year-old has not driven a single-seater competitively since 2012 when he raced in GP2 and also made sporadic appearances for Mercedes as an F1 tester.

Prior to that, Hartley won races in the British and European F3 series and was also a frontrunner in GP2.

Bilo bi lepo da ga vidimo i u FE, ako izvisi u Indikaru ovo mu je izgleda plan B ili nešto. Mislim da bi ispušio u Indikaru pošto nije baš bio kompetetivan u juniorskim serijama ali zato je VEC odradio fantastično. Čuveni "lift and coast" koji čari VEC se jako ceni u FE i teoretski već sad ima prednost nad ostalim vozačima. Zapravo u FE se već radi "lift and coast" od prve krivine prvog kruga.