• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#31 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 17:04

RIP Long Beach Circuit then

The Grand Prix of Long Beach has been an annual tradition of the coastal California city since 1975, when a Formula 5000 race was run on a temporary street circuit. Starting in the United States's bicentennial year of 1976, the Long Beach venue held Formula One world championship events, and the race was named the United States Grand Prix West in contrast to the New York event held at Watkins Glen. Between 1975 and 1983, the race was a Formula One event; in 1984, however,it changed to CART, and later, IndyCar.

Now, Long Beach City Council is investigating a return to hosting Formula One over IndyCar, even though the contract to host IndyCar is locked in through 2018. According to Long Beach news outlet Gazettes, a $150,000 payment has been approved to KPMG Corporate Finance, LLC, a consulting firm that will advise the city in regards to its wish to bring Formula One back.

No information has surfaced regarding the circuit layout that could be used for the potential Formula One race. Since 1975, six variations on the street circuit have been tried, with two variations currently in use by IndyCar and Formula E. It seems most probable that the circuit plan to be used for Formula One is the IndyCar circuit, due to its combination of long straights and sharp corners. The Formula E circuit is simplified due to the lack of range of electric cars, so pit stop timing can be planned more accurately.

Whether or not the Long Beach street circuit can make for a good Formula One event is up for debate. Much of the circuit is marginally wider than the classic Monaco circuit, so it will do little to ease the concerns about a lack of overtaking. Speaking of overtaking, there is only one viable DRS zone: the back straight. The pit straight's long right hander would likely make its use unsafe, so the circuit may be limited to a single DRS zone. Whether the street circuit can achieve FIA grade 1 quality is another story—but if the city of Long Beach is serious about bringing F1 back, some modification here and there will be no issue. Izvor

#32 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 17:09

Nece biti nista od ovoga, ostaje LBGP sa Indikarom.

Fora je u tome sto su po zakonu duzni da rade ove studije o isplativosti ako se pojavi investitor (a pojavio se), ali grad ne zeli F1 - ne mogu finansijski da iznesu troskove bez pomoci vlasti u Kaliforniji koja nije zainteresovana da placa za to, a takodje smatraju da ce F1 zbog svoje zatvorenosti i visokih cena imati poguban uticaj za lokalni biznis.

#33 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 17:52

U principu može se sklepati Formula 1 pista sa što manje skrnjavanja postojeće staze, problem leži u pitlejnu koji bi se morao napraviti na onoj većoj travnatoj površini levo od startnog ciljnog pravca i to bi ličilo na skučen prostor iz Monaka, moj predlog:

G1uvTub.jpg

Gornji parking se uopšte ne može upotrebiti za pitlejn jer mora ići s startno/ciljnim pravcom a sve to oštećuje infrastrukturu parkinga jer bi F1 garaže bile trajna konstrukcija, dakle mora se ići niže na travnjak. Stari startno/ciljni pravac bi sad bio pitlejn kao neželjeni efekat skučenog prostora za garaže. Glavno gledalište bi se tada premestilo na parking jer to nije trajna konstrukcija što pogoduje svima. Uglavnom čak i veliki trud oko sačuvanja tradicije staze radi Tilkezacije i dalje uništava veliki deo stare staze. Naravno ovo sve govorim ako zamislimo da LB ima para za trku.

Ne želim gledati još jednu stazu istorijskog značaja koja podlegava modernom režimu.

#34 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 18:07

Staza je vec temeljito unistena, i bleda je senka one originalne iz 70-tih. Realno u svom sadasnjem obliku niti ona zapravo treba F1, niti F1 treba njoj. Samo sto su pojedinci pusili droge pa pokusavaju nemoguce.

LongBeach-75-81.192aec489adc6fdee38f5f9b

#35 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 17:03

Heineken partner of Formula 1 experience at Circuit Zandvoort

Heineken and Circuit Zandvoort get an immediate five-year strategic sponsorship agreement. Heineken sees the track as the heart of motorsport in the Netherlands and therefore as the place to enter Formula 1 in our country. Heineken is also the brewery Bernie's Bar & Kitchen and Bernie's Beach Club, the new restaurants of the circuit.

This weekend, during the Race Days Jumbo driven by Max Verstappen, is the first result of the partnership immediately noticeable: the Heineken VIP box is above the pits inaugurated and flows draft beer Bernie's Bar & Kitchen.

When you drive, never drink

Last year Heineken got big in the global beer partner of Formula 1. In addition to visibility during GPs, David Coulthard has been appointed ambassador. Additionally shines former world champion Jackie Stewart in the international campaign "When you drive, never drink" the beer brand, which Heineken holds a clear position in relation to drinking and driving, "if you're driving, never drink." The campaign will in addition to the Formula 1 events and on TV are also visible on the circuit of Zandvoort.

circuit Zandvoort

The collaboration with Circuit Zandvoort, according Bernhard van Oranje, owner of the circuit, a logical "Zandvoort Circuit is the only place in the Netherlands, where young and old get a Formula 1 experience. This weekend get 100,000 fans alongside Max Verstappen also former F1 drivers and other racing legends like Jan Lammers, Arie Luyendyk, Gijs van Lennep, Christijan Albers and Robert Doornbos see. In early September we welcome the Historic Grand Prix, a race with classic F1 cars, again 50,000 fans. With these two events, we offer the best of the past and present of F1. "
Heineken and Bernie's Restaurant BAR & KITCHEN and Bernie's Beach CLUB

In cooperation with the Vermaat Group, developer of hospitality concepts such as AUSTRIAN Amsterdam, the new restaurant is Bernie's Bar & Kitchen designed in the circuit. This new restaurant quickly get a second location directly on the beach of Zandvoort. Bernie's Beach CLUB, as this establishment aptly called, will open later this summer. Bernhard van Oranje: "Together with Heineken Vermaat and we want to Bernie's Bar & Kitchen and Bernie's Beach CLUB ensure the best food experience of all the circuits of Europe."

#36 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 15:30

Turn_1.jpg

Insight: The enduring challenge of Indy's Turn 1
Sunday, 21 May 2017
By Robin Miller / Images by Williams & Abbott/LAT, IMS Photo

It's nine degrees with 12 minutes of angle in a quarter-mile radius. It's been that way since 1911. And it's not really distinguishable from its three cousins – unless you're trying to get through it.

But Turn 1 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is definitely a very different animal with its own fickle personality.

"It's a dead-end street," said three-time Indy 500 winner Bobby Unser.

"It's the most difficult corner I've ever driven," said 2013 500 winner Tony Kanaan.

"It just hides from you," said three-time winner Johnny Rutherford.

"It was always daunting," said 1969 winner Mario Andretti.

"It certainly got your attention," said four-time king A.J. Foyt.

"It looks simple enough but it's not, believe me," said three-timer Dario Franchitti.

The thing that's always set Turn 1 apart from Turns 2, 3 and 4 is its sight line, or lack thereof. With grandstands all the way down the front straightaway on the right side, more seats and suites on the left and late-afternoon shadows, the track appears to funnel into oblivion.

Turn_1_oblivion.jpg

Ryan Hunter-Reay stares down Turn 1.

It's been described as driving down Main Street in Speedway at 60 mph and turning into an alley.

And in the roadster days when there were hard, skinny tires, so-so brakes and nothing approaching downforce, a driver had to use the 3-2-1 markers on the straightaway fences to gauge his fate going into Turn 1.

"If you could get to the 1 [marker] before getting out of the throttle you were brave and you were hustling," said Foyt, whose 35 consecutive Indy starts started at 143 mph and ended at 225 mph and included four pole positions. "You had to feather the brakes and be real smooth because our only ground effects was 75 gallons of fuel."

Rutherford made the first of his 24 Indy starts in 1963 in a roadster and he's got a theory about the degree of difficulty.

"By the time you get down there you can't see, so you have to blunt your nerve endings and take a deep breath," he said with a smile. "Gradually you get more experience and confidence, but it takes a while to get acclimated.

"When I was a rookie I had a helluva time getting to the No. 3 marker."

Unser jumped in Andy Granatelli's Novi and had it up to qualifying speed in a half-dozen laps in 1963 but was wide-eyed approaching Turn 1.

"I tried to get in between the 2-1 markers before I started braking," he said. "People talk about how brave they are not using the brakes but I always used the brakes, because you couldn't see the first turn until you got there."

The wind is still a factor – earlier this past week hardly anyone ventured out for practice with gusts of 47 mph – but it was also brutal in the 1960s and 1970s as drivers went through Turn 1.

"There were big gaps between the grandstands back then and the wind could really mess you up," said Foyt. "The wind would blow through those gaps and move you two car lengths, so you had to be on your toes."

Turn_1_lead.jpg

Andretti added: "It was always daunting but it was always tougher with a tailwind blowing you into Turn 1."

And Unser said: "The wind rarely came from the same direction so that always made it a challenge, whether it was a roadster or rear-engine car."

Then there's the pesky bump in Turn 1: nothing very pronounced or obtrusive, but just enough to wreak havoc.

"There was a big dip about a third of the way into the corner so you had to be really committed and ready," said Andretti, twice a polesitter in his first three Mays.

Rick Mears, who holds the Indy record with six pole positions, adjusted his line accordingly to deal with it: "It was a little bump but it could mess you up, so I would change my entry to avoid it."

Since Turn 1 sets the table for your lap, it's imperative to get it right, and nowadays that's flat out as cars are entering at the unimaginable speed of 235-240 mph. Running wide open into Turn 1 is now the norm, and rookie Fernando Alonso managed to be wide open within 50 laps on his rookie test on May 3.

Alonso_Turn_1.jpg

If Fernando Alonso's intimidated by Turn 1, he hasn't shown it yet.

But there was a time when the thought was unfathomable.

"When I almost ran 200 mph in 1973 it was the first time I'd ever gone flat-footed around the Speedway," said Rutherford, who qualified his McLaren-Offy at 198 mph. It took four more years for Tom Sneva to finally break the 200 mph barrier.

"And that was really hard to imagine when I was a rookie 10 years earlier. My good friend, Art Pollard, had been killed that morning in practice and his mark was still on the wall in Turn 1, but I put that out of my mind and went for it. We had 1,000 hp and those huge rear wings and the car was stuck too tight and balanced so well – and I did it."

The face of the Speedway has changed drastically over the past 60 years, but not the geography.

Pigot_2016_crash.jpg

Then-rookie Spencer Pigot had a hard crash in Turn 1 in 2016.

"All the numbers of the turns are still the same and the only thing that's changed through the years are the tires, engines, cars and speeds," said Rutherford.

But Turn 1 still carries an aura about it that can only be appreciated by an Indy 500 driver.

"I never came across the yard of bricks without tensing up a bit," admitted Franchitti, whose only two crashes in his 10 years at the Speedway came in Turn 1 during a test and the 2013 race. "I don't know why it was so hard but if I did I could probably make a lot of money."

#37 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 22:36

Treba li Monako biti veći spektakl? Kao jedna trećina Trostruke Krune VN Monaka mora pretrpeti neke izmene da bi je svet video drukčije to jest da izađe iz senke 24 sata Lemana i Indi 500. 

Kad sagledaš sve aspekte 24 sata Lemana i Indi 500 moraš pošteno da se izmučiš nebili pobedio, ceo program je ektremno izazovan i sve zajedno pobedu čine vrlo specijalnom. Najviše što mi smeta jeste način ulaska vozača u F1 koji želi pobediti u Monaku radi ostvarivanja Trostruke Krune a prethodno je osvojio jednu ili dve prethodne trke. Kao prvo moraju li Toni Kanan, Rajan Hanter Rej, Helio Kastroneves, Andre Loterer, Erl Bamber, Marčel Fasler, Benoit Trelujer, Nik Tendi i Mark Lib žrtvovati par godina karijere zarad učešća u F1 samo zbog pobede u Monaku dok na primer Fernando Alonso i Niko Hulkenberg mogu samo odšetati iz F1 u Indijanapolis i Leman te odmah upasti u kompetetivnu mašinu te pobediti u "one off" izletu. Ja ne mogu zamisliti Toni Kanana u "one off" trci s Ferarijem ili Mercedesom, znam da bi mediji poludeli isto kao ove godine s Alonsom ali jednostavno to nije uopšte izvodljivo. 

Jeste da VN Monaka leži u senci Lemana i Indijanapolisa ali preduslov za osvajanje Trostruke Krune je pobeda s F1 u Kneževini što je prilično "lagano" kao F1 vozač a kasnije one dve trke možete dobiti "relativno lako" ako ste u kompetetivnoj ekipi.

Prilično je bizarno što je samo jedan vozač od njih nekoliko hiljada osvojio Trostuku Krunu a na primer 8 tenisera je uspelo osvojiti Gren Slem.

Šta uraditi s VN Monaka da bi smo mogli češće slaviti vozače u njihovim pohodima na Trostruku Krunu. WTF1 se pozabavio s ovom temom ali dodao bi sledeće:

- produžiti trku. Po F1 pravilima limit je 310 km što znači maksimum 96 krugova no ako se pravi pravi spektakl zašto ne produžiti na 100 krugova.

- uvesti treći bolid po timu. Oni koji to mogu priuštiti neka uvedu, ostatak ekipa koja ne mogu priuštiti neka zaćute. Maksimalan broj bolida je valjda 26, ove godine se takmiči 10 timova što dođe 20 bolida. Teoretski 6 timova može uvesti treći bolid. 

- treći bolid bi služio isključivo za debitante (test vozači ni slučajno). Tad bi Kanan i Loterer imali priliku pobediti u Monaku. Kao i u Indi 500, debitanti bi imali "program debitanata" (ROP) i ako ne bi prošli, drugi bi upao i td.

- promenuti kvalifikacijski format koji bi pružio ravnopravnu šansu debitantima i stalnim vozačima. WTF1 predlaže jedan kvalifikacijski krug, no ja bi to ukombinovao s trenutnim formatima Kju1, Kju2 i Kju3. Svaka sesija bi imala jedan kvalifikacijski krug.

Novi vodeći vrh F1 bi trebali promenuti VN Monaka, Keri želi da svaka trka bude ko Superboul mada bi po meni Monako trebao dobiti takav tretman.

Why Formula 1 Needs To Do More With The Monaco Grand Prix

More needs to be done to make the sport's most famous venue a more significant event instead of its current status as just another Grand Prix.

It’s the jewel in the crown, the blue riband event, the one everyone wants to win. But you can throw all the clichés and euphemisms you like at the Monaco Grand Prix, it doesn’t stop it from being… well, underwhelming. Especially when you compare it to the other two legs of the motor racing unofficial triple crown - Le Mans and the Indy 500.

Don’t get me wrong, the track is a challenge and the history speaks for itself. The races are often incredibly dull, but that’s par for the course at Monaco and something we’ve come to accept. But in the grand scheme of things it’s just another Grand Prix. No one really thinks about it until after the Spanish GP, once it’s all over it gets forgotten about for another year, and aside from a bit of personal pride drivers don’t really get any special recognition or reward for winning it.

It may be one of the most interesting races of the season, but it should be so much more. Just look at the Le Mans 24 Hours and Indianapolis 500. Both of them are the absolute focal point of their respective championships and the build up to them is huge. Both also have very different rules and regulations to their respective championships: grids increase in size, the races are longer, more testing is allowed; the entire format of the events is completely different. Monaco has practice on a Thursday instead of a Friday… big whoop,

As part of the Triple Crown Monaco is also far too exclusive. Pretty much any racing driver can enter the Indy 500 or Le Mans as a one-off, but these days the only chance anyone has of winning at Monaco is by having an entire F1 career, drastically reducing the pool of people who can realistically go after the Triple Crown, let alone win it.

F1 is currently six cars short of a having a full grid. Whilst those spaces are empty, why not open those up at Monaco to some one-off entries? Make each team run an extra car for the race and hold a separate qualifying session for them with the top six going through. This would either allow young drivers to have a chance or people from other championships to come and have a go.

Of course for maximum effect there would have to be some effort from the FIA to ensure that it doesn’t clash with other top championships, but if that means holding the Monaco Grand Prix a month later then so be it. Imagine if the likes of Scott Dixon, Sebastien Buemi, Andre Lotterer or any other top driver from another category had a competitive drive at Monaco? The attention that would bring would be enormous.

Obviously the modern super licence rules would restrict who can enter, but that could be relaxed for Monaco. Hold a rookie session the week before where prospective drivers have to prove they can lap the track safely at a competitive speed, much like the sort of thing they have at Le Mans (for night driving) and at Indianapolis.

Whenever F1 drivers go off to have a crack at Le Mans or the Indy 500, the attention those races get is even more amplified. Why shouldn’t Formula 1 be able to potentially benefit from that crossover appeal?

The biggest thing that needs changing about Monaco however is the race itself. It needs to be given more significance in the context of the all the other Grands Prix, and one way that could be done is with double points.

Now before you scroll straight to the comments section to let me know how stupid double points are, know that I agree with you. Why should one race arbitrarily give double the reward of other races? We had that with Abu Dhabi in 2014 and it was absolutely atrocious. If you’re going to give out more points for a race, then surely that race should be longer. See where I’m going with this?

That’s right - make the Monaco Grand Prix longer. Maybe not quite double the length because then we’d be looking at four hour races (which is too much), but it could definitely be longer. 120 laps? 130 laps? The longest IndyCar races can take over three hours, and at Le Mans drivers do stints of over three hours, so I see no reason why Monaco can’t be brought into line with those two. Cars would obviously need to stop for fuel at some point, but I’m sure there’s some way to solve that without resorting to any drastic measures.

It isn’t just the races which make Le Mans and the Indy 500 so special though, it’s the whole build up to them. And it’s not just the events and parades that happen in the days and weeks building up to them, but the race day itself. The Indy 500 is particularly good at this, with the driver introductions before the race being a particular highlight. Just listen to how electric the atmosphere is!

Admittedly Monaco isn’t exactly the most ideal place for something like this, but F1 would do well to draw inspiration from other championships (and with Liberty Media in charge it looks like that might be starting to happen). Not only does this give the fans a good look at the drivers, but each driver gets their own moment in the spotlight.

Speaking of putting the drivers into focus, I think Monaco is one race where one-lap shootout qualifying should be brought back. As good as the current quali format is, getting to see how each driver puts together their one all-out qualifying lap around the streets is something I really miss. It also increases the likelihood of slightly mixed-up grid, which at Monaco can only be a good thing.

With the sport well and truly into a new era surely now is the ideal time for Monaco to become an event worthy of its history and prestige. Not just because it’s fallen behind the likes of Le Mans and the Indy 500, but because it would at least go some way to mitigating the complete borefest the race has turned into.

Would you like to see Monaco become a more unique event and if so, what would you do? Let us know in the comments!

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 24 May 2017 - 22:42.

#38 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 23:12

VN Monaka se originalno i vozila 100 krugova, ali je skracena za potrebe TV prenosa da bi stala unutar 2 sata. Mislim da je sada zrela da se ponovo produzi.

#39 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 23:31

Hvala na mišljenju, nekako sam očekivao tvoj odgovor  :s_d:

Možda je vreme za više slobode u motorsportu uopšte, kao što sam rekao u prošlom odgovoru. Prilično je bizarno što je samo jedna osoba osvojila Trostruku Krunu a u međuvremenu 8 tenisera Gren Slem. Možda je glupo poređenje ali pokušavam stvoriti neku poentu.

#40 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 00:17

Ma to je sve do Bernija. Nekada si imao nacionalne sampionate F1, revijalne trke van kalendara, vozace-privatnike koji izlaze samo na svoju domacu VN, po 35+ bolida na pojedinim trkama pa su se vozile pretkvalifikacije... Tu je bilo mesta i za trece bolide i za gostujuce vozace (Djakomo Agostini), i za lokalne heroje (Dzon Lav na VN J. Afrike) i da se isproba omladina (Keke Rozberg u Teodoru pobedjuje na svojoj drugoj F1 trci), svega. Ali Berni je trazio ekskluzivitet, zabranio privatnike, zatvorio sampionat, i sada imamo to sto imamo - vec vise od 20 godina nismo videli pun F1 grid od 26 bolida, a i necemo skoro. Najveci timovi dobijaju novac na lepe oci, najmanji konstantno na ivici bankrota prodaju mesta kojekakvim indonezanskim asovima, dok svi zajedno mantraju kako je trenutno stanje jedinomoguce i najbolje na svetu. I onda dvostruki F1 sampion ode u Ameriku medju one seljobere sto samo levo skrecu i ne moze dve nedelje da skine osmeh s lica, koliko je sve u F1 bajnosjajnosuper i koliko nista van F1 ne valja ni za qrac.

#41 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 17:56

1965_Don_Brason_and_Jim_Clark_on_track__

Remembering the brilliance of Indy's apron
Friday, 26 May 2017
By Marshall Pruett / Images by IMS Photo

Above: Jim Clark and Don Branson battle down to the famous apron at IMS, 1965. 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the apron's removal.

It only took a handful of laps in 1991 to confirm the brilliance of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's apron. The extra track width gave drivers more creative freedom to try different lines in and out of the corners, and with the epic battle for the win between Rick Mears and Michael Andretti in 1991 involving ample use of the apron, its ability to change outcomes – to turn victory into defeat, or vice versa – was made clear.

One driver went high, the other went low, and like snakes slithering through Turn 1 at breakneck speeds, the lead changed hands in Mears' favor. The apron, and only the apron, made it possible.

The beloved extra bit of pavement disappeared after the 1992 Indy 500 to make way for dedicated warmup lanes and grass, and while it was safer due to the changes, the track also lost a lot of character.

Think back to the finish of the 2012 Indy 500 as Takuma Sato tried to squeeze into the tiniest of gaps to overtake Dario Franchitti. Taku's desperation (not to mention his overenthusiasm) was met by the narrow post-apron opportunities Turn 1 made available, and with the lack of width to alter his entry line, a visit to the wall and the infamy of losing Indy on the final lap became his reality.

It makes the apron, 25 years after its farewell, worthy of a look back from three practitioners who put it to good use.

"You actually slip the car through the corner," said 1963 Indy 500 winner Parnelli Jones (pictured below), who consumed plenty of blacktop while drifting roadsters through Indy's four corners. "The backend was a little bit loose. I always wondered about that. In my rookie year, I almost hit the wall coming out of four. It got sideways because they used to say, if you get sideways, go ahead and spin it out because otherwise you're going to hit the wall and crash. I almost did. I almost crashed coming off four in my rookie year.

"Later, when I did tire tests, I started practicing that. I was able to run the car a little bit looser which actually gave me an edge coming off the corners."

1963ParnelliJonesdayafter-9730.jpg
Parnelli Jones, the day after winning Indy in 1963

Starting high, sweeping low and drifting out to the wall leaving the corners was possible prior to the arrival of wide tires and aerodynamic downforce. Armed with sticky Goodyears, wings and gobs of horsepower, drifting wasn't an option when Mears and Andretti went medieval on the apron in '91 (below).

1991AndrettiMearspass-1504.jpg

Jousting, north of 200mph, was exactly the kind of thing Michael lived for.

"You could pass. It made it way easier to pass. I enjoyed it. I thought it was great," he said. "I was so bummed when they did get rid of it because it made running behind another car that more difficult and you would lose the air. It made it not as much fun for the passing side of it. But, yeah, those were good days."

Unlike Andretti, Mears wasn't particularly fond of the apron.

"The apron was a little more forgiving if somebody forced you down, you get chopped, you've got a way out a little bit more, but really, if I had the car the way I wanted it, I couldn't run on the apron anyway," the 1991 Indy winner said.

"Because when I used the apron it was because the car was too tight. And I would use the apron to help turn it. But if I had like qualifying, unless the car was off, you really didn't see me on the apron. Because if I had the thing on the right rear as much as it needed to be to do the speeds we needed, I couldn't touch the apron, it would have spun me like a top."

In race trim, venturing down to the apron became an accepted practice for Mears.

"Now, when you tighten the car back up for race conditions you give yourself a little more cushion, and less room for error, or more room for error – then the apron starts becoming handy as a tool because you can keep the car a little tighter," he continued.

"Utilize it to help take some of the tightness out when you need to, and/or getting clean air as we got more and more air dependent with those cars. If somebody was sitting in the groove, you could get down on the apron and start picking up a little more clean air to help stay on somebody. That part I think I miss."

Based on the advancements with SAFER barriers and cockpit protection improvements, Andretti believes today's Indy cars could handle the risks of running on the apron.

"I understand why they [removed] it; when guys were spinning down in the apron they were hitting head on into the wall," he conceded. "At that time, there were no SAFER barriers and the cars were not as safe as it is today so it makes sense. If they ever wanted to go back to it, they probably could do it now. But, yeah, I enjoyed that. I used that to the max."

#42 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 23:00

EPri Montreala se sprema da bude veći fiasko od ePri Londona  :krsta: 

Montreal contractor paves around car, the internet laughs

Contractor chose not to tow car because of looming construction strike

paving-car-montreal.jpg

An unpaved section of a Montreal street has become the subject of ridicule online, stirring controversy over how the city handles construction projects.

Demix Construction, a contractor, has been repaving part of René-Lévesque Boulevard in time for the Formula E, an electric-car race that will take place on the streets on Montreal at the end of July.

On May 23, the day before the construction strike, workers went on a paving blitz and decided to pave around a car parked on René-Lévesque​ — near the corner of Montcalm Street — instead of towing it, according to the city.

Signs and orange cones were set up to prevent parking, but "the driver of the vehicle most likely passed between two cones," said Anik de Repentigny, a spokeperson for the City of Montreal.

The unpaved spot has now become an attraction for passersby as yet another Montreal construction-mishap-turned-laughing-stock online.

"It reflects the entire (Mayor Denis) Coderre administration," said Franç​ois Limoges, a city councillor with Projet Montréal.

"It's improvised, it's botched and it's mismanaged."

"Tourists pass by, take pictures and put it on social media," he added. "This kind of improvisation doesn't help Montreal at all.

unpaved-road-montreal.jpg

Several tourists passing by the spot on Tuesday seemed to agree.

"Looks pretty shoddy," Andrew Crecilius, visiting from Indianapolis, said with a laugh.

"I've never seen this in Toronto. Never," said Lino Tomanelli, a former Montrealer now living in Toronto.

montreal-unpaved-spot-rene-levesque.jpg

Demix Construction said it will resume work once the strike is over and will complete the paving project in time for the race.

Back-to-work legislation passed by the provincial government is set to come into effect on Wednesday.

The city added that last week's rushed asphalt job was just a base coat and would not compromise the quality of work.

DA2j_5vWAAEl89o.jpg

But Limoges begs to differ.

"The roads are broken," he said.

"Everything is old. We need quality work, not one-centimetre pavement for a race that no one cares about. This won't hold more than a few months if not a few weeks."

#43 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:31

Kvebek, i posebno u njemu Montreal, je jedna od najkorumpiranijih sredina na tzv. zapadu. Srbija takva kakva je je za njih pojam profesionalizma i postenja.

#44 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 23:41

Hiljadita Velika Nagrada

Prva Formula 1 trka se vozila na Silverstonu u subotu 13. maja 1950 i pobedu je odneo Đuzepe Farina u Alfi Romeu dok će hiljadita VN doći najverovatnije s trećom trkom 2019. šampionata. 

Postavlja se pravo pitanje- kako je proslaviti?

Hiljadita trka je nešto neverovatno ali neminovno i svakako označava pobedu Formule 1 kao šampionata koja je prošla kroz mnogo kriza i još uvek se drži vrlo stabilno u vrhu pogotovo s novim vlasnicima koji su doneli veliku nadu navijačima nakon crnog doba Bernija, Mozlija i sl. no to je priča za drugi pdf. Jel je treba proslaviti sasvim normalno? ili ipak na svojstven način je učiniti spektakularnom, inauguralne noćne trke su slavile 800 i 900 Veliku Nagradu s prvom ikad VN Singapura 2008 odnosno VN Bahreina 2014 (koja je slavila 10 godina postojanja u F1 pa su je slavili s noćnom trkom).

Ovim trendom i sledom događaja hiljadita VN će najverovatnije biti VN Kine, Bahreina ili Rusije. Ne dao bog da stvore političku propagandu od VN Rusije i tamo proslave jubilej. Naime ja imam bolju ideju koja zahteva radikalne promene u kalendaru- "one off" noćna ili trka u suton VN Monaka.

372438674_75c8ab34ee_z.jpg

8855560271_14faf9bc25_z.jpg

12585730394_11370a7244_z.jpg

Nemojte me pogrešno svatiti ali stvarno nebi voleo da se onakav jubilej slavi u Kini ili nedajbože u Rusiji (mada je to možda i neminovno zbog hebene politike). Ako bi se ipak vozila hiljadita VN u Rusiji voleo bi kad bi uneli one promene koje sam predložio za poboljšanje preticanja (ukosnice u K5 i K14).

S druge strane noćna VN Monaka je nešto što golica maštu navijačima oduvek a VN Singapura je samo dodala goriva na vatru ovoj ideji. Da nebude suvo kopiranje koncepta VN Monaka bi bila trka u suton ko VN Abu Dabija što bi uz magične ulice Monte Karla stvorile spektakularnu trku kakva hiljadita VN i zaslužuje.

Poslednja jubilarna trka koja se vozila po danu je bila VN Brazila 2003 kad je F1 slavila 700. VN.

Lista jubilarnih F1 trka:

* 001- VN Velike Britanije 1950. (Silverston)

* 100- VN Nemačke 1961. (Nordšlajfe)

* 200- VN Monaka 1971. (Monte Karlo)

* 300- VN Južne Afrike 1978. (Kjalami)

* 400- VN Austrije 1984. (Osterajhring)

* 500- VN Australije 1990. (Adelajd)

* 600- VN Argentine 1997. (Buenos Ajres)

* 700- VN Brazila 2003. (Interlagos)

* 800- VN Singapure 2008. (Marina Bej)

* 900- VN Bahreina 2014. (BIS)

#45 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 00:30

Momak, prva trka F1 se vozila u Torinu 1. septembra 1946. i nemoj dozvoliti da te bilo ko laze da je bilo drugacije. A i pre ovoga odvezene su neke voaturet trke, pocev jos u Parizu 9. septembra 1945. koje se mogu smatrati prapocetkom F1 jer su propozicije takmicenja bile iste ali se taj naziv tada jos nije ozvanicio. F1 je ustvari ozvanicena predratna voaturet klasa, stepenicu nize od nekadasnje Granpri klase.

Ono sto je vozeno u Silverstonu 13. maja 1950. je bila prva trka svetskog sampionata za vozace (primeti da se F1 nigde ne spominje u nazivu), a F1 trke su vozene i van njega. Cak, godinama je u sastav svetskog sampionata brojan i Indi 500 sa svojim bolidima prema propozicijama predratnog Granpri sampionata, a u sezonama 1952. i 1953. svetski sampionat se vozio za F2 dok su se trke F1 vozile van sampionata.

Tako da, iako je danas F1 postala sinonim za svetski sampionat i obrnuto, ako govorimo o istoriji tu takav znak jednakosti prosto nije moguce staviti.

Evo ti malo materijala za proucavanje, gde mozes pronaci i skrivenu istoriju F1 koju je Berni kao vlasnik prava na svetski sampionat pokusao da sakrije: http://www.silhouet....e/f1/title.html

A za kompletnu sliku treba ipak baciti pogled i na predratne Granpri sampionate, na Indikar, na F5000, na Tasman i na argentinski MAF1 sampionat. Tek uvidom u sve ovo moze se valorizovati sta F1 zaista predstavlja i gde njene statistike pocinju i zavrsavaju.