WEC 2017

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:18

Valjda ce se Tojoti onda konacno posreciti da pobedi na Lemanu dogodine, kada budu jedini LMP1. Mada, nacice verovatno i onda nacina da izgube...

#32 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 14:30

Relive all the action from the Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park.

#33 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 16:28

The ACO, promoter of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and its partners at the FIA World Endurance Championship have expressed their views on Porsche's upcoming departure from the LMP1-Hybrid class and how they anticipate the category will look once 2018 arrives.

The opening statement offers a blended farewell and jab at the German marque for leaving sooner than expected.

"[The ACO/WEC] regrets this precipitous departure, as it does the abruptness of the decision from one of endurance racing's most successful and lauded manufacturers," they said in a joint statement.

The loss of Audi and Porsche in less than a year has left LMP1-H with a single representative in Toyota to carry on against privateer LMP1-L cars next season. The fast but lower-tech, non-hybrid, non-factory LMP1-L cars will be beneficial when it comes to populating the grid. Despite the clear reduction in technology and advancement with the spec-engine 2018 LMP1-Ls, the partners felt compelled to overamplify the technological merits of what's to come.

"However, the ACO and the FIA, guardians of the existence and quality of the FIA World Endurance championship, have immediately set to work to put forward to everyone involved in endurance racing the outline of the 2018 season – a season which promises to be quite exceptional thanks to the introduction of new innovations," they said.

"Clearly, the reduction of costs and stability, but also inventiveness and audacity, will be vital in making it possible to stage an increasingly spectacular and attractive championship with the sport of endurance racing at the forefront."

The ACO/FIA closed with a statement that should prove to be correct, even without a healthy number of cutting-edge LMP1-Hybrids: "This unprecedented 2018 World Championship will, without doubt, excite and enthuse competitors, partners and fans of endurance racing alike."

#34 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 21:51

Hondin pulen za narednu sezonu u IMSA sampionatu sportski prototipova, Akura ARX05:

ARX05_006.jpg

Fabricku ekipu ce voditi Rodzer Penski, a medju ostalima vozice ga i Huanpablo Montoja.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 19 August 2017 - 21:52.

#35 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 22:01

Što se tiče Montoje, on je izgleda zagrizao za Trostruku Krunu. Može lako zahebati Fernanda.

___

IMSA je sve jača iz godine u godinu, šteta što ne pratim aktivno taj šampionat.

#36 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 22:15

#37 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 22:35

IMSA je sve jača iz godine u godinu, šteta što ne pratim aktivno taj šampionat.

Ako nije u pitanju manjak vremena i/ili interesovanja, mozes sve trke pronaci na zvanicnom YT kanalu:

https://www.youtube....portsCar/videos

Ne samo sampionat prototipova, nego i ostali pod njihovom kapom - Porse GT3 kup, Lamborgini Trofeo itd.

#38 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:47

McLaren Evaluating DPi Program; Brown Pushing for Global Platform

McLaren has confirmed interest in IMSA’s DPi platform, with Zak Brown admitting it’s something the British manufacturer would “seriously consider” should the formula be adopted in prototype racing globally.

Brown, the Executive Director of McLaren Technology Group, revealed that a feasibility study for a DPi project is currently ongoing, with the the UK-based American having had discussions with IMSA on a possible entry for as early as 2019.

“It is under evaluation,” Brown told Sportscar365. “We want to see where DPi goes.

“We like DPi; we love IMSA and we love the World Endurance Championship and Le Mans. Would they land on a DPi formula, or something like it, that would be something we’d very seriously consider.

“We’re very focused on our F1 situation. But like how we did the Indy 500, we have great history in sports car racing, so it’s something we’re looking at as we speak.

“It’s nothing we’d do in 2018, but it’s something we’re watching with keen interest to see how it develops. We like what we see so far.”

With the future of the LMP1 class in question, following Porsche’s withdrawal, Brown said he’s hopeful of the FIA and ACO aligning under the DPi model, or something similar, for its top prototype class.

It would thus enable the same car to compete for overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Rolex 24 at Daytona and Twelve Hours of Sebring, something that hasn’t been possible for nearly 20 years.

“I hope they ultimately come up with a global formula,” Brown said. “I’d love to see racing in the top category where someone can try to win the ‘big three.’

“If we could come up with a formula that works for all, I think that would be great for the world of sports car racing.”

While a feasibility study, including an evaluation on engines, underway for a possible DPi project, Brown said McLaren has also been keeping an eye on the ACO’s proposed 2020 LMP1 regulations, which call for fast-charging hybrid plug-ins and stretches of all-electric driving.

The status of the new regulations, however, is unclear amid Porsche’s exit, which leaves Toyota as the only current LMP1 Hybrid manufacturer on the WEC grid for next year.

“I’m waiting to hear the further details of the P1 regulations,” Brown said.

“From what I’ve initially been told, I think they’re headed down the right path. But that too is under evaluation. It certainly makes it just easier if there’s one global formula. That’s what’s most attractive to us.

“We know what DPi is. We want to race against lots of competition. When you have Penske-Acura, Joest-Mazda, that’s great.

“We’d consider both separately but our desire would be there to be one global formula. And I think my fellow manufacturers would share that view.”

Brown said he’d be open to slightly different regulations for the WEC prototype model, but stressed its importance for all cars being based around the same type of chassis.

“The rules can be slightly different,” he said. “We’d just want to use the same race car, kind of what you’ve got right now in LMP2 and DPi. European cars are eligible at Daytona.

“It would be easier to race at all the big events. The easier that is, the easier the decision becomes.”

McLaren could also find itself back at Le Mans, but in the production-based ranks, with the manufacturer believed to be developing a GTE car.

While in charge of McLaren’s Formula One and possible prototype programs, Brown said all decisions on the brand’s GT racing activities are made through McLaren Automotive, which is currently under a reorganization.

“I wouldn’t say one [program] has a better chance than the other, and I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s one or the other as well,” he said.

#39 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 23:32

DPi klasa je veliki uspeh, ACO se zesce zajebao kad su odjebali Amere posto je originalno planirano da se ona integrise u WEC i Leman umesto postojecih LMP2 i LMPC klasa.

#40 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 18:03

Trka uoči 6 Sati Meksika je počela!!!

#41 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 19:53

Gornji link je mrtav, evo novi https://www.youtube..../AndrewNik/live

Link lajv tajminga http://www.fiawec.com/en/live

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 03 September 2017 - 19:59.

#42 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 20:01

Prošla su dva sata, 4 do kraja. Stanje

Attached File  download.jpg   146.11KB   6 downloads

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 03 September 2017 - 23:10.

#43 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 22:21

Nešto manje od dva sata do kraja, stanje

Attached File  Image6d.jpg   101.51KB   5 downloads

Link za ovaj lajv tajming https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/wec

Moja Alpina druga u LMP2 klasi, al Manor opasno vreba to drugo mesto. Lider svekupuno je Bernhard u Poršeu.

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 03 September 2017 - 22:22.

#44 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 23:09

Poslednji sat trke, stanje

Attached File  Image7hh.jpg   102.57KB   2 downloads

Moja Alpina treća, lider u ukupnom poretku je i dalje Bernhard u Poršeu

#45 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts