#106 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 17:17

Kubica: I have more limitations in my daily life than in an F1 car
7:02 AM ET
Laurence EdmondsonF1 Editor

Robert Kubica says his ability to drive a Formula One car is 90 percent the same as it was before his rallying accident in 2011 as he waits to hear news on a potential return to F1 in 2018.

Kubica completed over 100 laps in a 2017-spec Williams car at a post-season test in Abu Dhabi last week as the team assessed his ability to drive next year. He still carries the scars of his 2011 accident, which nearly severed his right arm and left him with reduced mobility in his hand and wrist. However, when it comes to driving an F1 car, Kubica says he has learned to adapt to his limitations, which he claims are not as extreme as they appear.

"Honestly, I have much more limitations in my daily life," Kubica said on the stage at the Autosport Awards. "It's not the same driving an F1 car as it has been in the past. Still my limitations are much less than it looks like.

"Ninety percent of my driving is exactly the same as it was in the old days."

Kubica says he was positively surprised by the results he has achieved during his series of tests with Renault and Williams this year.

"I'm in better shape fitness wise than I was in the past. Now I have to work much harder - age doesn't help. The big difference is the brain. It's incredible how big potential the brain has and how quickly it can adapt to different conditions.

"Unfortunately I was interrupted in my career. I had several injuries. In the end, I learned how to live with them, how to drive an F1 car with them and in the end I'm quite surprised by the results I saw."

#107 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 21:55

Sirotkin now favourite for 2018 Williams drive
By: Lawrence Barretto, Journalist
28 minutes ago

Sergey Sirotkin has emerged as the favourite to drive for Williams in 2018, with Robert Kubica no longer in the frame, Motorsport.com has learned.

Williams has spent the last week evaluating data gathered during the Abu Dhabi Pirelli test, where it ran Sirotkin and Kubica.

Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with Williams impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships.

However, it has emerged that based on pure performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

Williams has insisted throughout the process that its decision on the driver to partner Lance Stroll next season will be based on performance.

Talks with the 22-year-old Russian, who has performed reserve duties for Renault this year, are now at an advanced stage.

However, it is believed there are several details yet to be ironed out before the final contract is signed.

It is believed Sirotkin brings substantial backing with him, understood to be in the region of £15 million, from Russia’s SMP Racing, which was founded by Boris Rotenberg, who controls SMP Bank.

Should the deal fall through, former Toro Rosso and Red Bull driver Daniil Kvyat is believed to be the back-up option.

However, it is believed Kubica is no longer in contention for the race seat, ending his hopes of returning to the grid for the first time since 2010.

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 11 December 2017 - 21:56.

#108 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 00:02

Daj bre koji &$*$*$(. Izgubiću i ono malo ljubavi što gajim prema Vilijamsu. Kubica može pomesti Sirotkina i Strola jednom rukom a ovo dvoje neće ništa dobrog napraviti cele 2018. sezone bez obzira na superioran radikalni "nema sapuna" aero paket.

#109 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:50

Jebiga Masa je dobio otkaz ne zato sto lose vozi vec zato sto ne donosi dovoljno sponzorstva. Sirotkin donosi dvaput vise nego Kubica. Ovo pokazuje u koliko velikoj krizi je Vilijams i zbog cega je neophodno napraviti reformu preraspodele novca u F1.

#110 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 16:18

Aka je ovo tacno, da Kubica nije vise kandidat, ispada da su ga  i Reno  i Williams upotrijebili prvenstveno za PR/markentinske svrhe.  

#111 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 16:09

Williams will finally reveal the identity of Lance Stroll's 2018 teammate on Friday.

With Felipe Massa retiring, the once-great British team is the last on next year's grid to firm up its driver plans.

After a seven year F1 absence due to injury, Robert Kubica was believed to have been the frontrunner.

But Renault reserve Sergey Sirotkin then became a late contender, reportedly promising $15 million in sponsorship and going quicker than Kubica in the post-Abu Dhabi test.

Russia's Tass news agency now reports that Williams will end the long period of speculation by making an announcement on Friday, 15 December.

"All Russian fans of motor sport hope very much to hear confirmation about Sirotkin and Williams in the very near future," said Russian motor racing federation chief Igor Yermilin.

"As far as I understand, talks are proceeding and the management of Sergey and SMP Racing are working hard," he told Sportbox.

It is understood that Kubica is now out of the running completely, with only Sirotkin's Russian compatriot Daniil Kvyat regarded as a remote 'plan B'.

"Ideally we would like to see both Russians in the team, but unfortunately that is unrealistic," said Yermilin. "In any case, both are worthy of being race drivers for Williams or other teams."

:mellow:

#112 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 00:40

RIP Williams!

1975-2017!

#113 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:27

Dobro de, pre koju godinu postava im je bila Bruno Sena i Maldonado. Mislim, ako to nije bilo za pokoj duse nece biti ni ovo dogodine.

#114 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 16:47

Felipe Massa would have won Formula 1's Azerbaijan Grand Prix if a failure on the damper system had not locked the rear suspension solid, according to Paddy Lowe.

Massa was running third, having started ninth, when the race was red-flagged.

When it resumed, Massa suffered the issue and was passed by eventual race winner Daniel Ricciardo before rapidly falling down the order and retiring.

Several drivers claimed they could have won the race without issues but, following analysis, Williams chief technical officer Lowe believes Massa would have done it.

It would have been his 12th victory and first since the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix, where he lost the championship to Lewis Hamilton.

"After Baku, which was a pretty eventful race, there were a lot of people that came up to me afterwards and said we could've won that race if only," Lowe told Motorsport.com.

"I analysed it and I don't actually agree with most, but I definitely agreed with the Felipe scenario. If only we hadn't let him down with a car failure, he absolutely would've won that race.

"It's such a shame that in his final year, we denied him that victory. Everybody's gutted about that, but that's the story of motorsport sometimes."

Lowe said Massa was a "fantastic" driver to work and has been a "tremendous support" to Stroll.

"I've obviously seen him from a distance for many many years and admired his driving, particularly in 2008 when he was a great competitor to Lewis [Hamilton].

"I was with McLaren at that time, and as we know he was briefly world champion, so he is a world champion class driver and it's been great to work with him for this year, and get to know him as a person as well.

"He's a fantastic guy. There's nobody in the paddock that isn't a friend of Felipe and he's great fun to work with because he's always happy and that's not actually the case with all drivers.

"He's a really solid driver and dependable - that's absolutely what we needed in particular with a rookie in the other side of the garage.

"He's been a tremendous support to Lance, and giving him a lot of guidance along the way, which is to really be admired and respected. That's the kind of driver he is."

Ako je Masa tako super, zasto ga vec drugu godinu zaredom tretirate ko zadnju dzukelu i terate iz tima? Ah da, zato sto nema sponzore!

Realnost Bernijeve F1.

#115 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 19:20

Ex-Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa says his former team Williams is on a 'financial path' with the decision over its 2018 driver line-up.

Massa announced his retirement for the second year in a row towards the end of the 2017 season, leaving a vacant seat alongside Lance Stroll at Williams.

Robert Kubica appeared to be the leading contender for the drive, but following the post-Abu Dhabi Grand Prix test, Russian Formula 2 racer Sergey Sirotkin emerged as the favourite to secure the position.

Asked by Autosport if he was surprised that Kubica appeared to be out of the running, Massa said: "The path of the team is financial, including Kubica, so it does not surprise me.

"But I don't know what will happen, I'm not following the team now.

"My thoughts are in other things and what I'm doing from now, and it's not F1 anymore."

Massa has regularly been linked to a move to Formula E at some point after his F1 career, but he said any talks along those lines are still in the early stages.

"I have some talks with some teams, with some people, but everything is in the very beginning," he said.

"There is nothing that I can say that is close, but it will appear quickly."

The 36-year-old made 269 grand prix starts in his career, winning 11 races and fighting for the 2008 title, which he says exceeded his expectations.

"The only thing that was missing for me was a world title and I believe that I was the Brazilian driver who came closest to do that, from those who were not champions," he said.

"I have nothing to worry about, I'm an accomplished guy and that's the most important.

"I actually had a lot more than I imagined in my career, I fulfilled all my dreams."

#116 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 00:42

Newer mind  :( 

Svi smo imali vere u vaskrsnuće Vilijamsa i povratka na pobedničke staze kako spada a celo vreme smo bili slepi a FI nam je otkrila samo jedno kremenljivo oko po tom pitanju. Svi smo bili zaslepljeni do majke Božije. Hebeno sam razočaran i besan.

U ovakvoj situaciji Vilijams ne zaslužuje Kubicu. Lepactihebem ove godine sam popio dva ladna tuša, prvi od BajKoles u VECu a sad drugi od Vilijamsa. Mislim da je kranje vreme da se Kubica okrene Formuli E, dolaze novi timovi i mogao bi započeti jednu lepu franšizu u egalu di Grasi/Audi (abt) ili Buemi/Reno e.dams. Ovo sve u F1 je teška lakrdija a sad da uđe u neku ekipu i da se nada bodovima (koja postolja, koji bakrači) pa to bi bilo teško klanje za njega i za njegove navijače.

Robertu želim svu sreću u takmičenjima u kojima ćese takmičiti sledeće sezone.

#117 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:10

Rozberg koji stoji iza Kubice kao menadžer može "izmajmunisati" nešto:

"According to what we have learned in the last hours, the Polish driver together with his manager, Nico Rosberg, would meet again the top of the English team bringing a new proposal on the table . The 2016 world champion would have studied a formula of this type: a minimum number of Grand Prix for Kubica in 2018 (seven), the guarantee of bringing in an amount close to the million US $ a contested race and an option for the remaining part of the season , linked to the performances in the race against the teammate.

In this way, Williams would reduce to a minimum the risk related to Kubica's physical condition, could still deploy Sirotkin in Friday's free practice and 14 of the 21 Grand Prix scheduled for next year, making sure at least another 10 million US $ from the Russian pilot !

Claire Williams and dad Franck would seriously consider this possibility and hence the decision to postpone the communication on the final line for the 2018 world championship in January."

http://www.circusf1....isione-2018.php

#118 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:19

Meh, to ne cini uslugu nikome, ni Kubici ni Sirotkinu.

A ni Strolu na kraju krajeva.

#119 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 16:18

Williams has delayed a decision over whether Sergey Sirotkin or Robert Kubica will drive for the team next season until January.

The team had targeted finalizing its line-up before Christmas, with Kubica having been the frontrunner to partner Lance Stroll in 2018 ahead of the Pirelli tire test in Abu Dhabi. However, the emergence of Sirotkin – who brings significant financial backing from Russia – during that test has led to the 22-year-old being seriously considered as Felipe Massa's replacement instead.

With all other teams on the grid having confirmed their race drivers, Williams has no need to rush through a decision that appears to have changed direction since the end of the year. It is unclear if Sirotkin's age – with title sponsor Martini preferring at least one driver over 25 for endorsement reasons – and funding sources have had an impact on the change of timeline.

A Williams spokesperson said on Friday that they "don't plan on any driver announcement until January now," adding that a specific date is "currently not confirmed."

While the ongoing delay would suggest Kubica's chances have lessened, making Sirotkin the favorite for the seat, RACER understands there are still opposing views within the team on who should get the seat alongside Stroll.

It is the second winter in succession that Williams has faced uncertainty over its driver plans, with Valtteri Bottas switching to Mercedes in January following Nico Rosberg's surprise retirement at the end of 2016. On that occasion, the team brought Massa out of retirement in order to have continuity alongside Stroll in the then 18-year-old's rookie season.

Pascal Wehrlein and Daniil Kvyat have also been linked with the Williams seat, with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admitting in Abu Dhabi that Wehrlein's chances of gaining the seat were very slim against Kubica.

#120 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 16:37

Williams needs to build positive momentum – Lowe
Saturday, 16 December 2017
Chris Medland / Image by Glenn Dunbar/LAT

_X4I6262.jpg

Williams chief technical officer Paddy Lowe believes it is important the team starts to build positive momentum after slipping further back in the pecking order this season.

Having secured two consecutive third-place finishes in the constructors' championship in 2014 and 2015, Williams lost out in a tight battle for fourth place against Force India a year ago. However, 2017 saw Force India achieve more than double Williams' tally as it outscored it by over 100 points, and Lowe is keen to arrest the slide.

Asked if it is crucial that Williams starts to build momentum back toward the front of the grid, Lowe told RACER: "Yes, because otherwise the momentum will be going the other way and the way momentum behaves – it's a good word – it makes it that much more difficult to attract better partners, attract better employees, even... and drivers.

"Getting a top driver is a two-way thing. It's about being able to pay them, but it's also about being attractive to them because good drivers don't want to drive slow cars. You just have to work every sector of the business and keep improving yourself and be more efficient than the next guy with what you've got, and then you can build your way up with that positive momentum.

"It's kind of a virtuous circle with the way it works. It can go the other way if you get it wrong, so it is very important to be building positive momentum."

Williams said Friday it was delaying a decision on driver line-up for 2018 until January, with Robert Kubica having been close to signing a deal to partner Lance Stroll next season. However, the emergence of Sergey Sirotkin – who brings significant financial backing from Russia – in the Pirelli test in Abu Dhabi has led to the 22-year-old being seriously considered as Felipe Massa's replacement instead.

Pa, ovaj, saga sa vozackom postavom jeste definitivno nacin da se Vilijams stavi u fokus paznje javnosti, ali nisam bas siguran da je pravi nacin da se stvori pozitivna medijska slika i privuku top vozaci ako je svima jasno da je jedini kriterijum debljina novcanika...