• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 20:16

Jebiga Dzej nema temu, a ne bih ovo da stavljam na Mercedes:

Lewis Hamilton says it would be better for Formula One if more drivers would reveal their true personalities instead of acting like “squares”.

“I think Formula One needs personality and I think everyone has a personality,” said Hamilton in an interview with TV3 earlier this month. “They’re just too afraid, they’ve been led to believe they have to be this square and I’m sure when they get home they’re not.”

“The more and more us as individuals come out of our shells the better it will be for the sport.”

Hamilton has been criticised by some for his lifestyle away from the track. But he believes he has been performing better because he is more at ease with himself.

“I definitely think being myself has helped me be more successful,” said Hamilton. “Unfortunately in Formula One growing up it’s a very corporate sport, it’s very much been the same for a long, long time. The racing part’s exciting but everything outside is stale.”

“It’s like as a driver you have to be a square to fit in to the sport. That’s what I was led to believe, that you have to be a square to fit in to the sport.”

“I think once I finally got here and I was fully implanted by roots – so you can’t pull this tree out the ground it’s stuck in it for as long as I generally want to go – then I could start to be myself. It’s getting to a point where I don’t really care what people say. This is who I am and if you don’t accept it it doesn’t matter because I’m going to get in the car and I’m going to win.”

“And that’s so empowering to be able to do that. Being denied of who you are is the biggest crime you can do to yourself.”

McLaren chief Ron Dennis recently said Hamilton would not be allowed the kind of freedoms he enjoys at Mercedes if he was still with his old team. But Hamilton said his first two years with the team in F1 weren’t positive experiences – despite winning the title in his season season.

“2007 and 2008 were two traumatising years,” he said. “It wasn’t good.”

“It sounds amazing winning the championship, which it is. But 2007 I lost it in my first year by one point which was painful in a way that I can’t really explain. And I didn’t know how to deal with it. So you box it up, and you hold it.”

“And then the next year I had it, and I lost it, I had it, and I lost it. And then I came across the line thinking I’d lost it and ten seconds later they told me I’d won it. It was not good. Whilst afterwards you’re smiling a little bit and you go home as the champion it eats so much, it takes so much out of you. And I wasn’t really able to fully embrace it.”

“I think also I was young, I wasn’t prepared to be in front of all those cameras. I was prepared to race and that’s why I was able to do as well as I did but I wasn’t prepared for the surroundings of Formula One. They didn’t put me through a school to learn how to deal with things and say the right things and not be affected by all the negativity that can be surrounded in sport. So it was really hard to deal with.”

“But then over the years there was the ups and downs, growing as a character that helped me. And then when I won last year I was finally able to really enjoy what I had worked for. I was like finally I’m grown inside because I sacrificed all my childhood years racing go-karts so I wasn’t doing the kid stuff normal kids were doing, I was growing in a different way. So I missed that childhood and so maybe I matured later, who knows. But I was able to finally enjoy and this year enjoy it even more.” 

Hamilton_rapper1B.jpg

Edited by alpiner, 14 April 2016 - 07:13.

#2 Ripper

Ripper
  • Members
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 21:04

This is who I am and if you don’t accept it it doesn’t matter because I’m going to get in the car and I’m going to win.”

To je taj mindset sampiona. Dobar je Dzej, iako je van staze ljakse bez ikakve dileme. :)

#3 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 21:33

Dzej je. Ali trkacina. Vrlo iskren intervju, pri tom je sve sto je izjavio samo potvrdilo utisak koji je na mene ostavio. Vidi se da je prilicno siguran u sebe. Cenim taj njegov stav, nema tu proseravanja. Saspe timu u lice sta ima, onda iskulira, udje u bolid i isporuci ono sto treba - odlicnu voznju.

Nije doduse toliko kul koliko bi zeleo, ali pripisacemo to ramadanovskizmu koji ga puca u zadnje vreme. Previse se trudi u tom smislu, stvarno nema potrebe da nam toliko pokazuje svu raskos svog personalitija :D

#4 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:09

Nema zbora da je fenomenalan trkač. Pound per pound, možda najbrži od svih. Ikada. 

Meni je folerčina. Ako hočeš da sviraš klavir, sviraj. Zašto ti treba profi fotograf, da napravi profi fotku, kako ti sviraš klavir, i to objaviš na socialnim mrežama?

Ili kako sediš na krilu aviona i kucaš SMS nakaon testova? U zalazku sunca.

Pa hebi ga, nisi Kardashian, da živiš od publiciteta, nego od brzine na trkalištu.

Dobro je rekao. Nije odrastao. 

Evo, govorioa sam. haug. 

#5 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:43

Iskreno me zabole. Kada se zavrsi interview na pobednickom postolju, za mene su oni skroz nebitni likovi, osim kada su vesti direktno povezane sa stazom. Koju je obalio, koliko je automobila polupao, koliko pije/ne pije i sl me apsolutno ne zanima. Ni za jednog sportistu. MIslim da je Vetel po tom pitanju jos bolji, niko nista o njemu van staze ne zna.

Mene iskljucivo zanimaju voznje a tu je covek na samom vrhu, tako da ima moju podrsku bez obzira na dziberisanje van staze.

#6 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 17:07

World champion Lewis Hamilton expressed interest in buying a wild custom car from Ken Block, the famous American rally and stunt driver.

One of the most fascinating cars in 48-year-old Block's garage is a custom and totally-unique 1965 Ford Mustang, punching 845 horse power and specially prepared for one of his famous Gymkhana videos.

"Lewis Hamilton wanted to buy the Mustang from me," Block told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"When he heard the price, he suddenly lost interest," he laughed.

Block suggested that he raised the price unattainably high because he actually doesn't want to part with the so-called 'Hoonicorn', preferring it over any modern sports car on the market.

"Why should I spend a couple of hundred thousand dollars for a car that is slower than my race car?" he wondered.

Ford-Hoonicorn-RTR-7.jpg

Ford-Hoonicorn-RTR-8.jpg

#7 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:29

Dzej je danas napunio 31 godinu...

#8 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:50

Kako vreme surovo leti... 2007. i njegov debi bukvalno kao da su juce bili, a ovo ce mu biti 10. sezona

#9 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:07

Možda će se uozbiljiti i prestati da farba glavu u žuto, srećan mu rodjendan.

Zezam se, nije on lik koji je autentičan, iza njegovog coolpopišamsenakonvencijeappeala stoji jak, velik i skup PR tim.

Poslednji mohikanac je Kime, ali i on već upada u korporativne šablone.

#10 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 17:52

http://www.harpersba...-hamilton-0216/

The Fastest Man Alive
Three-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton
 on fast cars, staying in fashion, and being an animal.
By Laura Brown and Photographs by Will Davidson; Fashion Editor: Samantha Traina
Jan 13, 2016

gallery-1452637682-hbz-february-2016-lew

Lewis Hamilton is at home in Monaco, taking in a glorious sunset from his luxury apartment—while having physiotherapy. It seems that being a three-time world Formula One world champion can be a real pain in the…back.

"Racing is very physical," he explains. After all, something has to control a race car hurtling around the track at over 200 miles an hour. "Back, glutes, hips, all of those," he adds with a little wince.

Aches aside, Hamilton has a spring in his step. He recently won his third Formula One world title, and is planning an overdue end-of-year vacation—right after he drives the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. He is also enjoying the spoils of being both successful and curious. Firstly, he's recording music ("for, like, six years now, R&B, hip- hop—my family is from the Caribbean, so I grew up with a lot of reggae, soul music"), enthusiastically describing how he sang Earth, Wind & Fire's "September" at his mother's recent birthday party. Hamilton loves music: banging Drake in his Mercedes SUV (which, due to his relentless travel, he rarely drives). "Have you seen Rush Hour?" He cackles. "'Don't touch a black man's radio!'"

Hamilton is equally into fashion, sitting front row at shows from Derek Lam to Valentino and palling around with Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci and Balmain's Olivier Rousteing. "I love meeting the designers," he says. "I'm like, 'Hey, what were you thinking when you designed this?' I would love to one day have my 

own line of clothes," adding, "I like wearing things that other people wouldn't want to wear, to be a bit edgy." When Hamilton and I first met, a few months ago at the BAZAAR offices, he 
was wearing a camouflage jacket by his friend Virgil Abloh's 
Off- White label, paired with a wide-brimmed red felt hat. He looked rather fantastic.

gallery-1452542879-hbz-february-2016-lew

Ralph Lauren Collection jumpsuit, Polaroid sandals, Manolo Blahnik for Carolina Herrera sandals. On Hamilton: A.P.C. turtleneck, Ray-Ban sunglasses. 

However, it says a lot about Hamilton, 31, that, given his titles, his income (his new contract with the Mercedes AMG Petronas team is rumored to be worth around $150 million), and his toys, he's not an immense, well, nob. Raised in Stevenage, a working- class town north of London, he is dedicated to his family (his father, Anthony, bought him his first go-kart for Christmas when he was six), and has a sincere appreciation for where his particular road has taken him.

Although he won his third world title last October at the United States Grand Prix in Austin, Hamilton is as hungry as ever. "I'm just super competitive," he says. "Squash, tennis, water skiing, computer games...Even if I played you at pool, I'd have to win." That said, when he's driving—on regular roads—he doesn't speed. "I just came back from a race where I have been driving at 200 miles per hour, so this is a period of my life where I like it to be chill, you know?"

What does that level of speed feel like, anyway? "It really is a trip," he says, "because everything is coming at you so fast. You're looking really far ahead. It feels like you're going at light speed. You know when you watch Star Wars and you see the speed of the spaceship? But you're able to slow it down in your mind—where you want to turn, where you want to brake. That's the mind of a racing driver."

Talk turns to infinity and beyond. "I'd love to go to space," Hamilton enthuses. "I just watched The Martian. I really want to go to Mars." But it's not a return trip. "Well, no, but…" He pauses. "I was thinking I could take a hot chick with me and we could just start a family up there." :ajme:

gallery-1452542982-hbz-february-2016-lew

Alexander Wang romper, Gianvito Rossi sandals, Jennifer Fisher ring, similar styles available at shopBAZAAR.com. On Hamilton: Alexander Wang jacket, A.P.C. sweater, Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane jeans and boots. 

Hamilton describes dating as "kind of nonexistent at the moment. It's been the first year that I've really been single for a long time. All I've done is just thrown myself into work. I work too much; I need to slow down a bit and try to enjoy a little bit more, take some more time for me." He exhales. "I will do it at some stage."

Another thing Hamilton is deeply passionate about is rescue animals, like the big cats housed in his friend Eduardo Serio's Black Jaguar White Tiger sanctuary in Mexico City. Serio came to visit Hamilton's BAZAAR shoot in Mexico City with a baby tiger, Nicole. "Some of these animals were in circuses," explains Hamilton. "Now the circuses [in Mexico] are not allowed to use animals, but they can't go back to the wild. They get put down." Serio, a huge motor-racing fan, recently took in a lion cub, which he named Lewis. "I just I can't believe it!" Hamilton says. "They're my favorite animal. Have you seen the lion tattoo on my chest? It's on my Instagram."

Right now, though, the king is far from the jungle. As the sun goes down over Monaco, he muses, "You know, this is my favorite place to race. It's stunning. Also, it's home. My going to work is driving a Formula One car down the street." He chuckles. "It's ridiculous."

gallery-1452544314-hbz-february-2016-lew

Alexander Wang jacket, Land's End turtleneck, Boss pants, Manolo Blahnik shoes. On Hamilton: Dolce & Gabbana sweater, Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane jeans and boots, IWC watch. 

See a behind-the-scenes look at Lewis Hamilton's BAZAAR shoot below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS4e6E7QE_M

This article originally appeared in the February 2016 issue of Harper's BAZAAR.

Lead photo: Boss dress, Robert Lee Morris earrings, Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry bracelet, Manolo Blahnik for Carolina Herrera sandals. On Hamilton: Boss jacket, Dolce & Gabbana shirt, A.P.C. jeans, Polaroid sunglasses, IWC watch, Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane boots.

Model: Karmen Pedaru; Hair: Holly Mills; Makeup: Ozzy Salvatierra for Valerie Beverly Hills; Manicure: Araceli Meza; Grooming: Kyle Krieger for Baxter of California; Production: Susan Neill for Tonic Films.

:rotflmao:

#11 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 20:53

Lewis Hamilton made more than one attempt to leave McLaren for Red Bull, according to their team principal Christian Horner.

Speaking to F1 Racing magazine Horner revealed Hamilton approached him about a seat at Red Bull in 2011 and 2012 before making his move to Mercedes in 2013. According to Horner, the fact Sebastian Vettel occupied one of their seats prevented it from happening.

“He was desperate to drive for the team,” said Horner. “In 2012, he wanted to come and drive for us, but there was no way we could accommodate him while Sebastian was with us. Then before he signed for Mercedes he was very keen to drive for Red Bull for 2013.”

Horner said he played a role in Hamilton landing at Mercedes in 2013 and admitted he did not expect the team would become the dominant force they now are.

“The McLaren had been very competitive in 2011 and 2012 and I thought it would probably be better for us for him to be at Mercedes than McLaren, so in the event of us not being able to sign him I encouraged Niki Lauda to sign him to weaken McLaren – not envisaging that Mercedes would become the absolute powerhouse they are today.” 

#12 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:47

Lewis Hamilton was 'desperate' to sign for Red Bull - Christian Horner

Christian Horner says Lewis Hamilton was "desperate" to sign for Red Bull on multiple occasions before leaving McLaren for Mercedes in 2013.

Hamilton had a career-long affiliation with McLaren and won the world championship in 2008, his second season in the sport. However, he was unable to win the title in the four seasons following that triumph, including a frustrating 2012 campaign plagued with reliability issues.

In the latter part of that campaign Hamilton shocked the F1 world when he announced he would sign for Mercedes, a team which had just one victory in three seasons since taking over the Brawn team. However, Red Bull principal Horner says before he made that decision he had wanted to drive alongside Sebastian Vettel in 2012 and 2013.

"He was desperate to drive for the team," Horner told F1 Racing magazine. "In 2012, he wanted to come and drive for us, but there was no way we could accommodate him while Sebastian was with us. Then before he signed for Mercedes he was very keen to drive for Red Bull for 2013."

Mercedes chief Niki Lauda has said it was Hamilton's retirement from the lead in Singapore that season -- an engine failure which all but ended his title chances -- which convinced him he could sign the Briton for 2013. McLaren was one of Red Bull's closest challengers at that point and Horner says he pushed Hamilton towards accepting the Mercedes seat in the hope it nullified one of the most talented drivers on the grid, not expecting their V6 turbo dominance from 2014.

"The McLaren had been very competitive in 2011 and 2012 and I thought it would probably be better for us for him to be at Mercedes than McLaren, so in the event of us not being able to sign him I encouraged Niki Lauda to sign him to weaken McLaren - not envisaging that Mercedes would become the absolute powerhouse they are today."

While Hamilton has won two world championships since joining Mercedes, McLaren has not won a race since his departure at the end of 2012.

http://www.espn.co.u...hristian-horner

Edited by alpiner, 19 January 2016 - 11:47.

#13 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 19:18

Watch as Lewis Hamilton enters the F1 paddock in unusual fashion... http://skysports.tv/q8Dzyr  #F1Testing 

Cb_8H1EWIAAijCb.jpg

#14 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 19:23

Ova tema treba da se preimenuje. Dzejismi or samting lajk dat.

#15 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:08

Neki dan je okacio sliku kera u mercedesovom bolidu... Pas ima vece F1 iskustvo od svih nas :lol+: