Photo
- - - - -

Tehnika sportske vožnje

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#76 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 18:24

Brembo otkrio detalje o vozačevim pristupima kočenju i odnosu prema podešavanjima istih.Poznata imena su na listi :Ajrton Sena,Mihael Šumaher,Žil Vilnev,Alen Prost,Sebastian Fetel,Fernando Alonso i Luis Hemilton.

Link.

#77 zoran59

zoran59
  • Members
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 13:08

Super klinka!

#78 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:01

INSIGHT: HOW DO YOU DRIVE A FORMULA 1 CAR? PART 1 – THE DRIVER’S VIEW

The basic tools at a driver’s disposal are familiar to any car user; steering wheel, pedals and gears. So how do the very best drivers use these inputs differently to deliver results?
In the first of a two-part series of articles, exploring the skill and technique of driving a modern Formula One car, Williams driver Valtteri Bottas talks us through some of the key techniques.
Tomorrow we will have the engineer’s view on how drivers can get the best from their machinery and what differentiates a great F1 driver from merely a good one

Unlike fans of athletics or football, it is hard for F1 fans to tell the difference between drivers’ cornering styles or to see precisely what a driver is doing in an F1 car. There are also different challenges; a driver needs to be Usain Bolt over a sprint lap in qualifying, but Mo Farrah on raceday.
Valtteri Bottas is one of the rising stars of Formula One; a young, thoughtful driver, who works hard at improving his craft and technique.
“It’s all about details I think,” says Bottas. “How you feel the car, how you are at one with the car,” Bottas reveals. “Normally when you have that feeling you’re quick. It’s all about feelings, and also planning ahead.”
The combination of feel and focus is essential to Bottas. The mind and the body can be assessed as separate entities, but they need to work in complete harmony at the pinnacle of Formula One.

Asked about the most important tool at a driver’s disposal, Bottas responds, “for me it’s more about the pedals than the wheel. You can tune the car balance so much with the pedals. In some corners, if you’re good with the pedals, you can nearly go through the whole corner with the steering wheel straight.”
This focus on the pedals also translates to Bottas’ approach to cornering. “Braking is one of the biggest parts of the corner, feeling like you’re absolutely at the limit – close to a lock-up but not locking-up the tyres too much. When you turn in you need to be really precise with your brake in how you decrease the brake pressure,” says Bottas.
The idea of decreasing the brake pressure as the most important element of cornering harks back to Jackie Stewart, and Bottas enthusiastically agrees with the three-time champion’s assessment. “When you go on the brakes, depending on how bumpy it is, you need to be really aggressive to go with the bumps or you need to modulate the brakes,” says Bottas. “In terms of car balance and the perfect amount of speed that you want to carry into the corner, then the decreasing of the brakes is the key.”

Fortunately for a driver who is as brake sensitive as Bottas, the new hybrid engine formula has not seen a tangible change in style to the art of braking. “Through braking there’s no difference, because the Energy Recovery Systems are so precise now that you don’t feel it harvesting,” Bottas explains. “Everything is just related to the brake bias. If you change the brake bias more forwards then everything just adjusts with it, including the harvesting.”
Although Bottas considers the brakes to be of utmost importance, corner management relies on more than just arriving at the apex at the right speed. When asked to consider his strengths in cornering, Bottas claims that, “I think I’m pretty good [at] turning the car into the corner, and choosing the right amount of speed to carry through the corner and not to waste the exit – always depending on what’s going to be after the corner of course. If there’s going to be a long straight then you need to do some things differently than if there’s going to be another corner right afterwards.”
For Bottas, performance at the wheel isn’t just a question of driving as fast as possible though. Drivers need a nuanced and balanced combination of styles to extract the maximum in qualifying and the race.

“In qualifying it’s about how quickly you can get back around to the start/finish line on that one lap,” says Bottas. “It’s about optimising the out lap, optimising the tyre temperatures. Depending on the track you can’t be crazy with the tyres even for one lap because you might struggle with traction in the last sector for example. You always need to calculate about getting a clean lap and being absolutely on the limit.”

As far as Bottas is concerned, qualifying is the ultimate test for a driver – requiring a dedicated mental focus to link up the sectors and deliver the best possible lap time. “If you know that ‘this is the lap’, then in qualifying your concentration just goes to a different level than any lap in practice,” Bottas confirms. “When your mind is in the right place it just feels so easy, and you just end up doing all the corners exactly as they should be done.”
Come raceday however, and drivers need a distinctly different mindset. “In the race you need to be the quickest car for 60 or 70 laps, it’s a different story,” Bottas explains. “You need to calculate… how much you can push, where you need to push, where you need to save the tyres and how. As well as that, you’re managing the power unit, possibly defending [from] someone or trying to attack someone, using the kinetic energy in the right place when you need it – there’s so much more to manage. It’s not just about going flat out – that won’t get you very far with modern Formula One.”
That last line may be the crux of the issue that some fans have with contemporary Formula One, but, as Bottas explains, just because a driver isn’t driving flat out it doesn’t mean that they’re enjoying an easy ride or that their task is anything other than a comprehensively difficult challenge.

Unlike athletics, football or pretty much every other sports, coaches are rare in F1. Engineers provide much of the input a coach would, but Bottas has benefitted from visiting a coach to work on technique.
“I don’t think there are many at this level,” Bottas explains. “In go-karts and junior formula it’s a big help to have someone that’s more experienced than you, who knows how to drive the car and can help you unlock the secrets of the formula.
“For example when you go from go-karts to Formula Renault or F3 it’s a big jump, there’s a lot to learn. I actually never had a proper driver coach, but in the past few years I’ve had a few days with a guy named Rob Wilson – who I think is definitely the best guy around.”

http://www.jamesalle...e-drivers-view/

#79 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:11

How to drive like an F1 racer

Yes, you really do need a Vauxhall Insignia and some traffic cones. We meet Rob Wilson, who helps F1’s best sharpen their skills

What if I told you that a man who has trained more than half of the current Formula 1 driver grid does so on a bleak airfield in the Midlands, around some cones he drops out of the car door, in Autocar’s old long-term Vauxhall Insignia?

Yeah, that’s what I’d have thought, too. But here we are, at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, to meet a Kiwi former racing driver called Rob Wilson.

Wilson’s racing CV is pretty good: he started in formula cars, briefly drove Indycars and was the first non-American/Canadian to race semi-regularly in Nascar. Later, he moved towards sports and endurance races: Le Mans, Bathurst, Daytona…

But within racing, Wilson is now better known for what he does in a Vauxhall estate in Leicestershire: making today’s fast drivers go faster.

Funny old thing, motorsport. In most sports, the leading exponents wouldn’t dare go anywhere without their coach, and great mentors are celebrated. Yet a couple of years ago, I interviewed Nico Rosberg, who told me he didn’t have a coach. At the mere suggestion of it, he looked at me like I was an idiot. He probably thought that quite a lot, though.

The closest he’d admit was that his engineer, in some ways, occupied that role. For some drivers, it’s like it’s an admission of weakness; you’re either fast enough or you’re not. (The results of, say, Nissan’s GT Academy suggest that it ain’t so.)

The truth is, fast drivers do take coaching, too, sometimes off their own bat and sometimes at their team’s behest. And as often as not, Wilson is the one they turn to.

Wilson’s training days start late, over a cup of tea, informally in Bruntingthorpe’s offices. He tells you how it’s going to go and a bit of theory behind going fast.

I’ve spent time with driver coaches before who are keen to just tell you who they’ve coached. They talk quickly and aggressively and don’t take questions well.

Wilson isn’t like that. He’s calm and eloquent and listens to questions as well as he talks. Within, oh, about a minute, I know I’m in the company of someone who understands not just the racing lines of a specific circuit but the whole theory of speed – someone who understands physics.

He knows that not everything he’d like you to learn will be appropriate for every corner on every circuit. And he knows that there is more than one fast way of doing things. But ultimately, he knows that what he tells you today will make you a faster driver. It’ll go into your noodle and you can call on it when driving fast “becomes a craft”.

And it doesn’t take a racing car on a specific circuit to learn it. In fact, the advantage of a four-seat family car is that an engineer can ride along, too, and feel the body movements Wilson would like them to understand – movements that might not even show up on telemetry.

Some basics, then. Wilson doesn’t just tell you “smooth is fast”, because although broadly that’s true, it’s rather more complicated than that – and he might want you to be a touch more assertive with the car later.

Let’s start with braking. Here, yes, smooth is good. He’d like you to introduce the brake pedal smoothly, because it brings all the discs to the same temperature, and they otherwise might snatch more on one side than the other. And avoid bumps.

Then we walk part of the track so that Wilson can show what he means. He points out surface imperfections and lumps to avoid. He says there might be “1000kg of load” on the wheels and that “every time you hit a bump, you take 200kg off, then reapply it”.

You can see pockmarks, a few yards after a bump, caused exactly by this, as tyres in effect land again. Ditto with downshifts: if you can feel it, even barely, weight is shifting and affecting a car’s ability to slow as effectively. Engineers have smoothed downshift patterns, or drivers leave downshifts to the last minute, to smoothen – and shorten – the braking zone.

So smoothness is important. Likewise on turn-in, although instead of a turn-in point, Wilson talks of a “weight transfer point”. Even a slight adjustment on the wheel might “introduce a 300kg load” to the outside tyres, “which makes it easier to keep turning”. Ideally, the wheels will be under-rotating – that is, travelling slower than the speed of the car – by around 3-5% under braking. “More than that is a lock-up”, and you’d be trailing the brakes in, slowly bleeding off the brake pedal as you turn, so that you don’t overload the tyres, right up to the point where their speed matches the road speed near the apex.

It’s around the apex where Wilson’s theories are at their most interesting. In historic racing, on rock-hard tyres that gave their best while sliding, the highest mid-corner speed possible via a long drift was fast. Today, when you must manage tyre temperatures and are looking for maximum traction, that might not be so.

“Tap your finger briefly on a really hot plate and it’ll be okay,” says Wilson. “But hold your hand for longer on a warm plate and it’ll burn.” It’s an analogy he uses to describe “shortening a corner”, which he demonstrates in the Insignia, applying a little extra steering lock mid-corner, so that you have to use less later.

You might take the load “from 800kg to 1000kg” in that moment, around the apex, but it’ll turn you more to help you create “a flat patch”, where the car is settled side to side. And a car with precious little lock applied and a settled weight balance will accelerate more quickly than one that’s still on the ragged edge on the way out of a corner, accelerating while on the limit of lateral adhesion and scrubbing with perhaps 300kg of load on its outer tyres, which it is busily overheating. Wilson talks about flat patches a lot. It’s a good thing.

Hence Wilson also suggests – and you’ll spot more and more drivers doing this – holding their exit line and running as straight as possible down a straight, even if at some point they’ll have to move across the circuit for the next braking zone. Move across early, even gradually, and you’ll introduce scrub to the tyres early in your acceleration zone and you have to live with the consequences all the way down. Switch later and you don’t.

And it’s in these little details – there are more, lots more – where Wilson describes fast driving as “becoming a craft”. I know what he means, but it doesn’t feel to me like, I don’t know, knitting a jumper; all of these things are subtle and happen within tenths of a second.

It’s one thing to know all this, quite another to be able put it into practice, which is, I suppose, what separates really fast drivers from the likes of us. Even if they don’t like to talk about it.

http://www.autocar.c...-drive-f1-racer