• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#1 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:00

Iz intervjua sa James Allisonom:

What are the initial conclusions about the 2013 Pirelli tyres?

Pirelli has changed both the internal construction of the tyres and also the tread rubber compound. In the former they have tried to improve the ability of the tyre to handle braking and cornering loads simultaneously and in the latter they are hoping to deliver exciting racing by aiming for softer tyre compounds that suffer rapid lap time degradation as they wear.

Nema sumnje da će gume opet imati značajnu ulogu. Mada timovi su znali u kom pravcu ide Pirelli. 

Edited by alpiner, 06 June 2014 - 10:30.

#2 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:34

Mene uzasno nervira veliki pad u performansama pneumatika u kratkom roku. Cim to spomenu odmah se smorim. Kao da gledam sprintera kojem sa svakim metrom otkidaju po jedan deo tela, da bi po dolasku na cilj isti licio na nekog kljakavca. Pad u performansama je ok i normalna stvar. Ja ne volim kada je toliko naglasena da u jednom trenutku gume totalno i naglo otkazu poslusnost.

#3 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 22:09

Dame i gospodo EPP:
F1 2013 - The new Pirelli Formula 1 tyres for 2013

Edited by Wingman, 12 February 2013 - 22:10.

#4 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:46

Pirelli wants 2014 tests in Middle East

F1 could be heading to the Middle East for pre-season testing next year.

Pirelli's Paul Hembery said the Jerez circuit, the scene of last week's opening test of the 2013 pre-season, is no longer suitable for winter running.

"It is not a good reference," he told Brazil's O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper, "because of the condition of the asphalt."

He is referring to the extreme abrasiveness of the Spanish circuit's surface, which has apparently become even worse than before in more recent times.

"I think next year maybe we should go to Bahrain or Abu Dhabi," added Hembery.

The good news, however, is that Pirelli is basically satisfied with the outcome of the Jerez test, where the Italian marque's 2013 tyres were put through their paces.

"The drivers and engineers gave us positive feedback," said Hembery.

"It seems we have achieved our goals of having faster tyres that reach optimum grip more quickly, and have a wider window of peak performance.

"Our intention was to offer greater mechanical grip, thus reducing the importance of aerodynamics.

"This leads us to predict that there will be less difference between the performance of the big and the middle-sized teams," he added.

F1 heads to Spain's Circuit de Catalunya for the second test next week.

http://www.grandprix...ns/ns24822.html

#5 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:31

Hankook emerges as alternative for Pirelli - rumour

Hankook, a South Korean company, has emerged as an alternative official tyre supplier for formula one. Currently the subject of intense criticism of its heavily-degrading 2013 product, F1's official supplier Pirelli has said it wants to stay on the grid beyond its initial three-year tender that runs out at the end of the season.

But the Italian marque's F1 chief Paul Hembery said last week that Pirelli is nervous it has not yet been offered a new deal for 2014 and beyond. "We cannot remain in such a situation of uncertainty," he warned. When Pirelli was given the nod to enter F1 for the 2011 season, another major contender for the contract was Hankook.

At the time, the Korean company's chief Hyan Bum Cho said he had negotiated personally with Bernie Ecclestone. "We had a very good talk and maybe we'll have a shot for next term, or another term," he said in late 2010. The source Italiaracing is now reporting rumours that Hankook is once again a possible alternative to Pirelli for formula one in 2014 and beyond.

For now, Hembery is unable to say if Pirelli is definitely committed beyond November's Interlagos finale. "We want to know as soon as possible if we are continuing to be the supplier," he is quoted as saying, "as it also depends on the regulations. "We are interested in F1 in the medium term, but only as long as there is a way to have it make financial sense."

Edited by alpiner, 18 April 2013 - 10:31.

#6 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:21

Ja bih voleo da se vrati Miselin :(

#7 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:26

Ukoliko budu dva dobavljača, mora se ukinuti stupidno pravilo o tvrdim i mekim gumama, jer nije moguće upotrebiti isti materijal i garantovati iste karakteristike  - u tom slučaju nam drugi i ne treba.

Znači ukinuti ovu glupost i raspisati otvoren tender u kome je limit samo dimenzija. Što se mene tiče, može da bude i 10 dobavljača (ovo je naravno nerealno, ali više od jednog je sigurno moguće).

#8 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:34

Ja sam prilicno siguran da dugo, dugo, necemo videti vise od jednog dobavljaca. Razlog je kao i uvek - costs cut

#9 Wingman

Wingman
  • Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 15:44

Ja bih voleo da se vrati Miselin :(

I tata bi sine ;)

#10 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:06

Ja sam prilicno siguran da dugo, dugo, necemo videti vise od jednog dobavljaca. Razlog je kao i uvek - costs cut

Gde je seca troskova?! Kakve veze imaju troskovi ako dobavljac daje gume po dogovorenoj ceni? Sta to FIA ili bilo koga interesuje koliki su troskovi R&D ako tim\ovi dobijaju gume po definisanim cenama? Uostalom, ne moraju da imaju uoste bilo sta kontrolisano. Dimenzije guma su te. Ko god hoce neka ih pravi, ako mu se isplati. Slobodno trziste je majka. Uvek bilo i uvek bice, svaki drugi pristup je ravno pucanju sebi u stopalo. 

#11 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:31

Pa zasto meni to kazes, to oni misle, ne ja.

#12 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:18

Michelinov uslov za ulazak u F1 je da ne budu jedini dobavljač. 

#13 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:21

Pa zasto meni to kazes, to oni misle, ne ja.

Ne. Ne mislim da je to uopste problem. Problem je sto oni (FIA, Berni) zele KONTROLU nad razvojem guma. Sta mislis koliko bi trebalo Ferrariju ili RB da saberu 2+2 i da umesto bacanja para na razvoj novih aero izraslina po bolidu podele troskove R&D sa nekim gumarom i naprave extra gume prilagodjene bolidu kao onomad sto je radio Ferrari? Tu su unapredjenje odmah vidiljiva i ako su dobra jako opipljiva. Dakle nisu pare u pitanju u pitanju je kontrola nad show.

#14 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 15:18

Pirelli crunch meeting won't bring big changes to Formula 1 tyres

Pirelli has told Formula 1 teams that it is unlikely to make any major changes to the tyres for the remainder of this season, ahead of a meeting in Milan on Tuesday to discuss the situation.

Senior chiefs from the Italian company are scheduled to get together for a long-planned debrief evaluating how its products have performed in the opening four grands prix, and to work out if any tweaks are needed.

Although the majority of teams are happy with the more aggressive compound choices that Pirelli introduced this year, Red Bull has been outspoken in saying that it wants things to change.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT ahead of the meeting, Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said that any outfit hoping for a return to the more conservative compound choices of late 2012 would be disappointed.

"There will likely only be very small tweaks, which will mainly involve changes to the operating ranges of some of the compounds," he said.

"We will try to not change too much. We will certainly not go to any extremes of making anything conservative.

"It is minor tweaking to ensure that the tyres work when we get to the cooler conditions."

FEWER STOPS EXPECTED IN EUROPE

One of the aims of the meeting though is to ensure that the tyre choices are right for the remainder of the campaign, as track temperatures will not be as high as they were in Malaysia and Bahrain.

"We are going to sit down and look at the first four races, to work out what we might have done differently if we came back again," said Hembery.

"And primarily, it is about what is coming up: because what worked in Bahrain might not work when we get to a cooler European season.

"If we make changes we want to make them very early on and very quickly because we don't want to be influencing the championship.

"But the approach will still be stimulating and leading to interesting races as we have had so far this year.

"Having two to three stops is where we are at, and I am quite sure that Barcelona is going to be for a lot of teams a two-stop race, and Monaco will be a one-stop unless we find we have been quite aggressive and it is fun with a two.

"We will all go back to quite a lot of normality."

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/107012

Edited by alpiner, 23 April 2013 - 15:18.

#15 Jurgen

Jurgen
  • Members
  • 6,514 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 17:57

Koje su kombinacije, pretpostavljam da je za Monako supersoft/soft? A za Barselonu?