Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Fernando Alonso


  • Please log in to reply
710 replies to this topic

#706 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 00:49

Alonso je žestoko nabrijan za 2018....

 

DYGRfEjXUAA2rrM.jpg


  • 0

#707 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 21:05


  • 0

#708 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 18:25

Fernando Alonso says tackling the Indy 500 yet again is now a "high priority".

When the Spaniard announced he was going to contest last year's fabled US-based oval race, he said he was really targeting the unofficial 'triple crown'.

Comprised of the Monaco GP, Le Mans and the Indy 500, only Graham Hill has actually won it.

But Alonso took another step last weekend by winning Le Mans with Toyota. Juan Pablo Montoya is the other driver with two of the three crowns, as he has won the Indy 500.

So when asked what his next goal is, Alonso said after winning at Le Mans: "I will think about what I will do next summer after this summer.

"But after winning here, Indy comes back into play with high priority," he is quoted by APA news agency.

The 36-year-old, linked with a full-time McLaren effort in the Indycar series for 2019, admits that his future in formula one is therefore in doubt.

"We'll see if it happens next year and what the future of formula one looks like," Alonso said.


  • 0

#709 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 18:28

Fernando Alonso feels he's leading a motorsport 'revolution'
By Pablo Elizalde
Published on Friday June 22nd 2018[

d103a58c8d565dbb12bc56e4bd5c5fb4.jpg

 
McLaren Formula 1 driver Fernando Alonso feels he is leading a "revolution" in motorsport following his outing in the Indianapolis 500 and his victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Two-time F1 world champion Alonso made his debut in IndyCar's blue-riband event last year having set himself a 'triple crown' challenge of adding Indy 500 and Le Mans victories to his Monaco Grand Prix wins.

He took a step towards completing the feat with his Le Mans triumph for Toyota last weekend and is completing the World Endurance Championship season for the LMP1 team alongside his F1 programme.
 
Alonso conceded that it is uncommon for an F1 driver to compete in other categories and believes he is changing motor racing.

"In the modern era of motor racing this was not the normal thing to do," said Alonso.

"In the last two decades, I think we were more into professional drivers in one discipline maximising the skills in that discipline.

"So what we are doing now is quite going back a couple of decades and changing motorsport and I'm happy to lead that change.

"It's a bit of a change to the current motorsport norm, where you focus on a single series and you develop all your skills for a single car and a single set of rules and a style of driving.

"What we've done over the past years is probably a revolution for motorsport.

Alonso is yet to decide if he will stay in F1 next season, but admitted that focusing fully on the triple crown challenge was "very attractive".

When asked when he will attempt the Indy 500 again, he said: "I don't know. I need to think and set my mind for the future.

"Obviously the Indy 500 and the triple crown are still a very attractive challenge. When we attempted it last year it was for that reason and now it's just that one missing.

3dc791e41f7fe59f351789af6d027ab7.jpg

"I think I will make up my mind probably after summer.

"Definitely Formula 1 is still my world and my passion, but the triple crown is a very attractive target as well."

Alonso also suggested he is ready to look elsewhere if he feels McLaren will not be in a position to run at the front next year.

"One of the targets we had last year when we renewed was the hope of changing the power unit to move to Renault and be competitive, fight for podiums and maybe some wins, and we haven't found that," he said.

"We've found seventh place in the drivers' championship, which is almost like a victory in the midfield, but without a real possibility of fighting for podiums and too far from the top three.

"That's the goal for next year. If McLaren can't give me that, we'll see who else can."


  • 0

#710 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,106 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:24

Uf, kakva su govna ovi iz FOM-a! Alonsova paranoja jednom ima pokrice, kada je rekao da namerno izvlace njegove izjave iz konteksta da bi stvorili kontroverze i pustaju ih na TV-u.

 

Originalna izjava: "We try to do whatever, but I don't care too much about Grosjean"

 

FOM pustio: "We try to do whatever, but I don't care too much"


  • 0

#711 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:43

Honda boss open to Alonso IndyCar move

1015444005-lat-20180623-_2st4752.jpg

By: RACER Staff | June 23, 2018 6:46 AM


The general manager of Honda’s motorsport division Masashi Yamamoto says he would be open to Fernando Alonso racing for a Honda-powered entry in IndyCar next year.

Alonso has been heavily linked with a move to IndyCar in 2019 after completing two parts of the ‘triple crown’ with his victory at Le Mans last weekend. While McLaren looks increasingly likely to enter the series full-time in partnership with an existing team, strong ties with Andretti Autosport — which ran Alonso’s McLaren entry at the Indianapolis 500 last year — bring the added complication of a Honda engine supply.

Honda received huge amounts of criticism from Alonso during its three poor years in partnership with McLaren in Formula 1, but Yamamoto is not ruling out the possibility of the pair being reunited in IndyCar.

“Ah, Alonso!” Yamamoto said. “Drivers exist or they’re here to win races. That’s their goal. I’m very neutral in that sense. Regarding last year, I feel very sorry for the McLaren drivers because we were unable to achieve their goals, to give them an opportunity.

“Regarding Indy, I’m just an advisor, and it’s all decided by America Honda [HPD], I can only advise it. I think he’s a fabulous driver.”

Alonso’s future at McLaren is unclear, with the team admitting this week that it has had preliminary discussions with Daniel Ricciardo about potentially replacing the Spaniard if he were to leave F1. If that were to happen, racing director Eric Boullier admits the aim is to have Alonso involved in another McLaren project.

“Drivers are under consideration and it’s just a matter of when you start to thing and build and maybe discuss,” Boullier said. “As far as we are concerned for Fernando, we would like obviously for him to stay in the McLaren family and I’m not sure yet he has taken his decision, so we will see at the right time.”

Should Alonso not lead a future McLaren IndyCar entry, Scott Dixon has been linked with the seat.

-Chris Medland


  • 0