Posted 26 September 2018 - 15:47

DoBsEjqXUAA14Ya.jpg

#6724 Boxy

Boxy
  • Members
  • 14,138 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:17

otprilike niko nije iznenadjen

”The ITF and Kosmos Tennis today announced that the Davis Cup Steering Committee has selected Madrid as the host city to stage the first two editions of the newly-transformed Davis Cup by BNP Paribas finals in 2019 and 2020.”

#6725 ciao

ciao
  • Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:26

Pa bilo je fifty/ fifty verovatnoca terorijski, kandidati su bili Madrid i Lil. Obzirom da spanac organizuje a francuzi su silno protiv - sta drugo ocekivati

#6726 alcesta

alcesta
  • Members
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 17:21

A i madridska publika je ionako oduvek bila u DC fazonu pa će nadoknaditi atmosferu domaćeg terena :P

#6727 ciao

ciao
  • Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 18:15

A Lil su imali problem d anapune i kad su igrali francuzi finale sa Belgijom :ajme:  stadion je jedino bio pun kad je prethodne godine igrao Feki pa je pola svajcarske doslo da gleda finale

#6728 Boxy

Boxy
  • Members
  • 14,138 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 18:26

Kurijer vise nije selektor, da li zato sto ima druge planove ili mu se ne svidja kako sad izgleda DC, to cemo tek da vidimo

#6729 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 17:32

There are serious doubts about the participation of several top players in next year’s inaugural Davis Cup Finals after it emerged that Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic refused to commit despite being offered wild cards.

Great Britain and Argentina were announced a fortnight ago as the beneficiaries of the controversial new wild-card entry route, in which a four- person panel — including Gerard Piqué, the Barcelona footballer — selects two nations to bypass the qualifying round in February. It is understood, however, that Switzerland and Serbia were the preferred choices until it became clear from Federer and Djokovic that they were still unsure whether they wanted to play in the 18-team event, to be held in Madrid next year from November 18 to 24.

A further blow was then landed yesterday by Alexander Zverev, the world No 5 from Germany, who confirmed that he will not appear in the new-style Davis Cup because of its place in the schedule at the end of a long season. The 21-year-old claimed that other star names will do the same.

Zverev said it was “crazy” to schedule the tournament at the end of NovemberWANG ZHAO/AFP/Getty Images

“I will not play Davis Cup in November,” Zverev said. “In November [after the ATP Finals], I do not want to play tennis any more. All the top guys will say the same thing.

“We have one and a half months off in our season, and that’s at the end of November and December. Making a tournament at the end of November, it’s crazy. By the end of the year, we are all tired. For us as top players, we had discussions, we had talks with the ATP on how to make the season shorter and not longer. No, it’s not happening, and I guarantee you I won’t be the only one.”

It will be disastrous for the ITF if the inaugural edition of the Davis Cup Finals is missing several leading players. One of the main reasons why the format was introduced was to entice the likes of Federer, who has not played in the competition since 2015.

“The thing I’ve always talked about is the need to have the top players playing more often,” David Haggerty, the ITF president, told The Times in March after suddenly announcing his plans to great surprise within the sport. As it stands, tennis will have two rival World Cup-style events launching within five weeks next year. The resurrection of the ATP World Team Cup will start across several cities in Australia on December 27.

There have been recent efforts to avoid such a scenario. Piqué, whose investment group, Kosmos, pledged £2.28 billion over 25 years to transform the Davis Cup, has been on the front foot, contacting figures within the sport in an attempt to find a solution. According to sources, he is so eager that messages have been received from him shortly before he steps on to the pitch for matches.

After calls for the various governing bodies in tennis to come together, the ATP took the initiative to arrange a rare video conference call last week with representatives from the ITF, WTA and each of the four grand-slam events. While all sides are said to have been cordial, stumbling blocks remain and it looks increasingly likely, as the start of the 2019 season nears, that the ITF and the ATP team events will go ahead.

https://www.thetimes...s-cup-f65bwhd3c

#6730 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 17:44

Stuart FraserVerified account @stu_fraser 7h7 hours ago

Novak Djokovic today: "I just feel like the date of the Davis Cup is really bad, especially for the top players. Between the two, I will prioritise the World Team Cup, because that's a competition of ATP, but we still have to obviously discuss within my team personally."

Stuart FraserVerified account @stu_fraser

Roger Federer on Davis Cup participation: "I highly doubt it, of course. We'll see what happens. I don't think this was designed for me, anyhow. This was designed for the future generation of players."

#6731 alcesta

alcesta
  • Members
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 22:40

Oni to ozbiljno za taj World Team Cup? Kakva zbrka  :wacko:

#6732 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 22:58

Pa to je bilo ranije organizovano u Dizeldorfu, pred RG, ali zbog gubitka sponzora je bilo ukinuto pre par godina. Janko i Zimonjic su igrali svojevremeno, to se secam. Nije bilo nikavo posebno bitno takmicenje.

#6733 alcesta

alcesta
  • Members
  • 22,629 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 23:54

Meni je to bio jedan od omiljenih turnira ali sam zaboravila kako se zvao, nisam ni shvatila da je to to isto. Što su ga kog đavola ukidali onda a sad se setili da ga vaskrsavaju baš kad se i DC reorganizuje? Imam utisak da se ATP i ITF prosto inate i da im je glavni motiv da oni drugi ne profitiraju...

#6734 wwww

wwww
  • Members
  • 17,238 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:25

Konkretno, povukao se raniji sponzor, onda su na goduinu dana nasli novog, ali se i on povukao i od tada nije organizovano.

Imam utisak da bi ova australijska varijanta trebalo da bude nesto veca (vise timova).

A da postoji pritajeni rat izmedju ATP i ITF - to definitivno.

#6735 The(wizard of)O.

The(wizard of)O.
  • Members
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:25

Pa to je bilo ranije organizovano u Dizeldorfu, pred RG, ali zbog gubitka sponzora je bilo ukinuto pre par godina. Janko i Zimonjic su igrali svojevremeno, to se secam. Nije bilo nikavo posebno bitno takmicenje.

I osvojili jedne godine.