Photo
- - - - -

BMW F1.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 20:06

Ovo odmah prosledi pravo onamo u egzotiku :rolleyes:

Svi se sećamo i luđih rešenja. :huh:

Posted Image

#17 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 15:43

Heidfeld nezadovoljan novim bolidom

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, January 23rd 2008, 13:12 GMT

BMW Sauber are not where they should be with their new F1.08 and need to work hard to overcome the balance problems that have affected early testing.

That is the verdict of Nick Heidfeld who, despite feeling confident that the team can get things sorted before the Australian Grand Prix, admits that their new car has not yet delivered what he had hoped.

"Last year (at this stage) things seemed better to me," said Heidfeld during testing at Valencia in Spain. "Last year the balance was there quicker and we were more where we expected to be.

"But I cannot yet say this car is worse, because I think we know what areas we have to work on. We are quite confident that by Melbourne we will be able to be where we scheduled ourselves to be."

When asked by autosport.com to describe what the car's handling felt like, he said: "On the balance side we are not yet where we would like to be.

"We already saw that last week. We had some improvements here, and we know where we have to work. We have to get new parts on a daily basis and I think we will improve the car quite quickly to where we should be.

"There are some parts still in the wind tunnel which are not on the car yet. But even without those, we expected to have a car that had a nicer balance. "

Heidfeld claims that the main problem is that the car's handling is inconsistent over a lap.

"I don't want to go too much into detail but I would say the balance of the car is too wide - meaning it is not only understeer and not only oversteer depending where on the circuit it was

"We've made some set up changes and the aero adjustment is getting better, but it is still not where it should be."

BMW Sauber have set their sights on a maiden Formula One victory this year after finishing second in the constructors' championship last year.

Vremena na testiranjima potvrđuju da imaju problema.

Edited by alpiner, 23 January 2008 - 15:43.

#18 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 15:49

Revolucionarna aerodinamika. Alpiner, ostavi sve ove slike na Forumu, da možemo da uporedimo sa čime će ići u prvu trku i koliko se razlikuje od onoga što je predstavljeno na premijeri.

#19 Downforce

Downforce
  • Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 15:55

Heidfeld claims that the main problem is that the car's handling is inconsistent over a lap.

Ovo je kljucna recenica. Sa onolikim vertikalnim krilcima, koja su sad zbudzili i napred, kad god dune vetar sa bocne strane bolid ce menjati balans. Ne treba biti naucnik da bi to bilo jasno... :huh: To krilo mozda radi posao u CFD simulacijama i aerotunelima, ali mu je ponasanje ocigledno jako diskutabilno kada vazdusna struja napada krilo pod uglom, sto se na stazi desava tokom veceg dela kruga...

Skinite onaj nos i sve ce biti mnogo bolje... :rolleyes:

#20 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 16:03

Skinite onaj nos i sve ce biti mnogo bolje... :huh:

:rolleyes:

#21 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 16:13

Plašim se da je problem dublji. Ovaj Viking look imaju od ovonedeljnih testiranja.

When asked by autosport.com to describe what the car's handling felt like, he said: "On the balance side we are not yet where we would like to be.

"We already saw that last week..."

Edited by alpiner, 23 January 2008 - 16:49.

#22 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 19:26

BMW uveren da će rešiti probleme na F1.08

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, January 24th 2008, 17:45 GMT

BMW Sauber technical director Willy Rampf is confident the team will be as competitive as expected when the season starts in March.

The German squad have endured a somewhat difficult start to their testing programme with the new F1.08, which has not proved as competitive as expected following a strong 2007 season.

Rampf says, however, that BMW are already hard at work in order to solve their problems and he is optimistic the car will have the expected pace by the Australian Grand Prix.

The BMW technical director was also positive about the car's reliability record so far.

"In terms of reliability the F1.08 is already very good," said Rampf. "We have covered numerous laps without any noteworthy problems to date. As far as performance is concerned, we are at the start of a comprehensive development phase.

"We have analysed the data from the test drives so far and identified the potential areas concerned.

"By the next test in Barcelona the car will already have received some relevant modifications. Following that, we will be using new components in all the other tests up to the start of the season.

"We have set ourselves an internal target which we aim to meet by Melbourne, and I am confident we will achieve that."

#23 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 13:47

BMW still target maiden win in 2008

BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen says the team's goal of scoring their maiden victory this season remains unchanged despite a somewhat troubled start to life with their new car.

The team's F1.08 had some balance issues in its first tests, slowing down its development rate ahead of the start of the season.

But BMW have made progress since then and Theissen is adamant their goals remain unchanged.

"During the winter we consciously opted for a change in concept for the BMW Sauber F1.08," said Theissen in a team preview. "To be able to catch up with the teams ahead of us we had to go for an aggressive approach. The reliability of the new car has been very good from the outset.

"We have also learnt that a car with a lot of potential is harder to control at the start than a more amenable car that reaches its limits far more quickly. For us it's now a case of forging ahead with the fine-tuning. Since the roll-out, I believe we are on a good path.

"Our ambitious target for 2008 remains unchanged: this year we want to close the gap to the leaders and win our first race."

The team finished in second place in last year's constructors' championship following McLaren's disqualification from the standings.

#24 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:27

BMW to try Ferrari 'nose hole' concept

BMW-Sauber, and probably other Formula One teams, will shortly experiment with the new 'nose hole' innovation that featured on the dominant Ferrari cars in last weekend's Spanish grand prix.

Although Maranello based Ferrari insists that the shark mouth-style feature in front of the driver position may not be used at every race this season, BMW technical director Willy Rampf confirmed that a similar concept will be trialled in the team's Hinwil wind tunnel in the coming days.

"I am almost certain that it would also work on some of the other cars so we will have a look," Rampf is quoted as saying by Switzerland's Motorsport Aktuell publication.