Photo
- - - - -

Istorijska Pliska

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:43

Pliska was the first capital of the First Bulgarian Tsardom between 681 and 893 AD, finally abandoned and ruined in the middle of the 11th century. According to Rasho Rashev and Yanko Dimitrov, "Pliska - 100 years of archaeological excavations", Shumen, Publishing house "Svetlana", 1999, archaeologiсal review, in English.

Posted Image
Location of Pliska.

Posted Image
The earthen ramparts (brown) of the Outer town (23.3 km2) and the stone fortress of the Inner town (black).

Posted Image
The earthen rampart, south-western corner.

Posted Image
Devtashlars (groups of large crude stones) to the south of Pliska.

Posted Image
Mound No XXXIV.

Edited by Bugarinot, 25 December 2007 - 06:19.

#2 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:54

Posted Image
Detailed plan of the Outer town.

Posted Image
Detailed plan of the Inner Town.

Posted Image
Plan of the "Citadel".

Posted Image
Graphical reconstruction of a dug-out from the Outer town.

Posted Image
Pottery kiln.

#3 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:04

Posted Image
The Inner town's stone fortress (aerial picture).

Posted Image
Pentagonal tower.

Posted Image
Round tower.

Posted Image
Nest for the beam blocking the two-leaved gate.

Posted Image
Secret underground passage exiting at the foundations of the western fortress wall.

Edited by Bugarinot, 25 December 2007 - 05:05.

#4 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:21

Posted Image
The Citadel (below) and the Throne palace complex (above left).

Posted Image
Water conduits next to the northern entrance to the Citadel.

Posted Image
Large water reservoir in the Citadel.

Posted Image
Entrance to a secret underground passage in the living quarters of the palace.

Posted Image
The remains of the Throne palace, built during the reign of Khan Omurtag (814-831).

#5 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:41

Posted Image
Ruler's dwelling in the Citadel. At the front - the small family church built by knyaz Boris I (852-889).

Posted Image
Eastern half of the ruler's dwelling.

Posted Image
Pagan temple next to the ruller's dwelling.

Posted Image
The Large basilica (dimensions 99X29 m, area 2920 m2), built between 865 and 875.

Posted Image
Reconstruction of the Large basilica.

#6 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:52

Pliska on Google Maps.

#7 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 00:37

Interesantno. :rolleyes:

Bolje ti idu ove starije teme nego one o komitima i cetnicima, bratko...

#8 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 13:16

Bolje ti idu ove starije teme nego one o komitima i cetnicima, bratko...

Probably any skeletons in the closet? :rolleyes:

#9 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 16:03

Probably any skeletons in the closet? :rolleyes:

Whose closet?

#10 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 17:57

Whose closet?

So where is the problem with the discussion about IMRO struggle against Serbian rule in Vardar Macedonia between 1913-1934? It wasn't me who made flagrant non-historical, anachronistic and political insinuations in it... :rolleyes:

#11 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 19:32

So where is the problem with the discussion about IMRO struggle against Serbian rule in Vardar Macedonia between 1913-1934? It wasn't me who made flagrant non-historical, anachronistic and political insinuations in it... :huh:

There's a saying amongst the Serbs - "u pogrešnu si crkvu došao da se moliš".

People here on this forum are generally tired of Chetniks of every kind, including Bulgarian ones. You might get better luck on some other Serbian forums. And i'm sure you realize that the truth is in the eye of the beholder - the peoples of the Balkan will never agree upon some of the events from their mutual history. From the Serbian POV things will always look different than from the Bulgarian and that's that.

But, at least as far as i'm concerned, keep these ancient and medieval topics coming, they're most interesting! :rolleyes:

#12 Bugarinot

Bugarinot
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:08

There's a saying amongst the Serbs - "u pogrešnu si crkvu došao da se moliš".

People here on this forum are generally tired of Chetniks of every kind, including Bulgarian ones. You might get better luck on some other Serbian forums. And i'm sure you realize that the truth is in the eye of the beholder - the peoples of the Balkan will never agree upon some of the events from their mutual history. From the Serbian POV things will always look different than from the Bulgarian and that's that.

But, at least as far as i'm concerned, keep these ancient and medieval topics coming, they're most interesting! :huh:

I don't think that historical debates could be only amusing, pleasant and delightful because inhumanity is integral and immanent element of every broader historical process. Pliska was a place of several brutal mass murders for example. The human life wasn't highly esteemed during the medieval era. Do we have to ignore this discussion as well? :rolleyes: Tabooing as a remedy for our traumatic conscience? It is really doubtful. Note, I didn't start any shallow minded nationalist quarrel here. I don't want to participate in such kind of communication. That's why I skipped all non-historical remarks.

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:45

Note, I didn't start any shallow minded nationalist quarrel here. I don't want to participate in such kind of communication. That's why I skipped all non-historical remarks.

Good boy! :rolleyes: