Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

News


  • Please log in to reply
5219 replies to this topic

#5146 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 16:42

F1 teams given extra simulation time for 2021 regulations

s1.jpg

By: Chris Medland | 2 hours ago


Formula 1 teams will be able to run unrestricted simulations when it comes to developing their 2021 cars during the next year.

Previously, the sporting regulations had limited computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation time alongside wind tunnel testing in an attempt to control costs and keep the field closely matched. However, a tweak to the 2019 sporting regulations will see the FIA “allow unrestricted CFD simulations to be carried out for the development of cars in accordance with the 2021 regulations.”

F1 has been targeting a major aerodynamic rule change in 2021, with significantly different cars being introduced. The final regulations have yet to be confirmed, although some aerodynamic changes have been made for next season in order to gauge their impact on a car’s ability to follow closely, something the sport wants to improve with the 2021 designs.

As teams want to be able to start work on a major regulation change long in advance of its implementation, the CFD restrictions will be lifted only for work on the next generation of car.

The change was approved during a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in St. Petersburg, Russia, where the 2019 calendar was also ratified and a number of other minor amendments to next year’s sporting regulations were approved.

These included a change to safety car restart procedures, where cars will be kept under yellow flag conditions — and therefore not able to overtake — until they have crossed the start line when the safety car returns to the pits. Also approved was a move to ensure the way the grid is formed is clear when multiple penalties have been applied, and also the requirement for fuel handling procedures to be the same during testing as they are during race events.


  • 0

#5147 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 16:55

f1-timing-app.jpg

FOM to end support for F1 Live Timing app next week
2018 F1 season
6th December 2018, 14:12
Keith Collantine


Formula 1 will end support for the F1 Live Timing app on December 10th.

“We’ll no longer be updating the app and the information contained will not be up to date,” FOM confirmed on Thursday. The Formula 1 app will not be affected by the change.

FOM introduced the Live Timing app in September following complaints over changes which were made in version 11 of the Formula 1 app. Many fans complained the updated Formula 1 app prevented them from being able to view all 20 drivers at once on the live timing screen, which showed as few as seven drivers on some platforms.

However FOM has indicated it will address users’ concerns about the Formula 1 app before the 2019 F1 season begins.

“We are working hard to make the features you want available inside the Formula 1 app for the start of the new season,” FOM said in a statement.

FOM also confirmed 4.4 million people watched the second season of the official F1 Esports Series during 2018. These include 1.2 million television viewers and 3.2 million on live streams.

“2018 was a pivotal year for our efforts with respect to Formula 1 Esports as it saw the inclusion of the first official teams and built firm foundations for the future success of the series.” said F1’s managing director of commercial operations Sean Bratches. The championship was won by Mercedes’ Brendon Leigh ahead of team mate Daniel Bereznay, which meant the constructors’ champions also won the Esports team championship.


  • 0

#5148 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:39


  • 0

#5149 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:50

Prema pisanju italijanske mutacije Motorsporta, Mick Schumacher je potpisao za Ferrari juniorsku akademiju.
  • 0

#5150 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 20:06

New rules will require F1 engine manufacturers to share technology with newcomers
2021 F1 season
13th December 2018, 18:47
Keith Collantine and Dieter Rencken


Formula 1 is to introduce rules requiring the sport’s current engine manufacturers to help new entrants into the sport.

The four manufacturers currently involved in F1 – Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and Honda – will be required to share “components and technology” under the new regulations, according to FOM motorsport director Ross Brawn.

He told the official F1 website the regulations came about because the current manufacturers wanted to block newcomers.

“The drawbridge has been pulled up and the existing suppliers don’t want anyone else to come in,” said Brawn. “We have found a compromise.

“There are regulations coming out which would mean new entrants will get support from existing entrants. There will be components and technology which will have to be shared if it is requested.”

FOM’s commercial rights holder Liberty Media wanted to simplify the F1’s engine format in 2021 through changes such as removing the MGU-H. Brawn admitted the plans were now “not quite such a radical change that we were proposing, but still quite a good step in the right direction and there are some nice changes to the way the driver has to manage the engine, which I think goes a long way in the sporting direction.

“There has been a recognition from the existing manufacturers that they can’t shut the door behind them. If we start to get serious interest from another manufacturer or supplier, they have to cooperate to find ways of helping that manufacturer come into F1.”

Aston Martin expressed an interest in developing a power unit to F1’s 2021 regulations. It blamed its decision not to enter on the sport’s failure to drop the MGU-H. Porsche also showed interest in the discussions around F1’s future engine format but did not commit to a programme.

Brawn also gave assurances progress is being made with plans to introduce a budget cap to F1 in 2021. “Unlike previous initiatives, this budget cap is going to be embedded in the regulations of the sport,” he said.


  • 0

#5151 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 15:58

New rule to prevent qualifying no-shows in 2019
2019 F1 season

21st December 2018, 14:27

Keith Collantine


The FIA has issued updated rules for the 2019 F1 season including a change aimed at stopping penalised drivers from sitting out qualifying.

The change is a consequence of a new rule introduced this year which allowed stewards to send a driver to the back of the grid for changing too many power unit components. Previously these drivers were moved back a certain number of places on the grid.

If more than one driver received the new penalty their starting order was determined by the order in which they incurred the penalty. This meant those drivers had little incentive to set lap times in qualifying.

On several occasions during the season drivers who received these grid penalties did not run during some stages of qualifying because it would have no effect on their starting position. At the Russian Grand Prix five drivers chose not to set lap times during Q2, meaning all five were eliminated.

In order to encourage drivers with grid penalties to run during qualifying next year, the new rules state their grid position will now be determined by their qualifying order.


Revised 2019 F1 Sporting Regulations

Updated regulations in italics:
 

23.3 b) Should a driver use more than the numbers set in a) above of any one of the elements during a Championship season, a grid place penalty will be imposed upon him at the first Event during which each additional element is used. Penalties will be applied according to the following table and will be cumulative:

The first time an additional element is used: Ten grid place penalty.
The next times an additional element is used: Five grid place penalty.

If a driver incurs a penalty exceeding 15 grid places he will be required to start the race from the back of the starting grid.

Any of the six elements will be deemed to have been used once the car’s timing transponder has shown that it has left the pit lane.

During any single Event, if a driver introduces more than one of the same power unit element which is subject to penalties, only the last element fitted may be used at subsequent Events without further penalty.

[…]

35.2 c) Once the grid has been established in accordance with a) and b) above, grid position penalties will be applied to the drivers in question in the order the offences were committed. If, following qualifying, more than one driver incurs a penalty under Article 23.3(e) or Article 23.5(a) preference will be given to the driver whose team first informed the technical delegate that a power unit or gearbox change will be carried out.

d) Any driver required to start the race from the back of the grid after incurring a penalty under Article 23.3(b) will be arranged on the grid behind any driver penalised under c) above.

If more than one driver is required to start the race from the back of the grid they will be arranged in qualifying order.


  • 0

#5152 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:51

Lauda je opet u bolnici, upala pluća.
  • 0

#5153 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 16:57

Lauda je opet u bolnici, upala pluća.

 

:(


  • 0

#5154 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 20:09

Formula E champion Lucas di Grassi says electric racing is growing faster than expected and expects some countries will ban the promotion of motorsport which uses combustion engines.

Speaking to media including RaceFans ahead of the second round of the 2018-19 season in Morocco this weekend, Di Grassi predicted manufacturers will not enter Formula 1 if road car regulations push them towards developing electric models.

“If in the long-term future all manufacturers are only producing electric cars because they will be cheaper and [they’re] forced by the rules to produce electric cars, why would any manufacturer join Formula 1 if it’s still combustion? And then the question is will Formula 1 go electric in the long-term or not?”

Di Grassi doesn’t see a merger between Formula 1 and Formula E as inevitable. However he said F1 will have to respond to the rise of electrification.

“If they go electric do they merge with Formula E or do they stay separate, one racing in cities the other in tracks? This is more a commercial question or a strategic decision than a technical decision.

“But in the future I would say, apart from classic motorsport, all motorsport will be electric. By the long-term future, not now. It will be cheaper to operate, it will be technically easier to design the car with more performance.

“Some countries will not accept promotion of combustion racing any more, it will be the same as promoting tobacco today.”

Di Grassi believes electric motorsport is growing more rapidly than expected. “How quickly this transition is will be the key point,” he said.

“We are already seeing a much quicker transition than expected towards Formula E, so manufacturers joining en masse here. How this progresses is the key question. This, nobody knows the answer.”

 

:unsure:


  • 0

#5155 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 20:12

Lauda je opet u bolnici, upala pluća.


Niki Lauda's doctor has played down rumours the Mercedes team chairman is back in a life-threatening situation with pneumonia.

Earlier, it emerged that while on holiday with his family in the wake of his 2018 lung transplant, the Formula 1 legend had to fly back to Austria to be treated for influenza A.

It was confirmed that Lauda, 69, was back in intensive care, but Welt newspaper and other publications said the Mercedes team chairman had developed pneumonia.

Lauda's treating doctor Walter Klepetko told Kurier newspaper that the great Austrian is "very tired", explaining that it is "not a classic infection" and "more than a cold".

"Because of the transplant, the situation is more complex than with a healthy person," he added.

But Osterreich newspaper insisted that Lauda is not in a life-threatening situation and is still scheduled to leave the hospital sometime next week.

Klepetko said Lauda could not be treated on a "normal ward" due to his transplant, but he is already able to get out of bed.

"Niki was looking after his health and doing everything right. In his situation, certain risks are inevitable," he added.

Klepetko explained that Lauda does not have pneumonia, is not ordered to stay in bed, and does not need to be ventilated.

 

:thumbs:


  • 1

#5156 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 21:06

Lauda released from hospital
 
f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-niki-lau.jpg

By: Jonathan Noble
1h ago


Niki Lauda has been released from hospital in Vienna, after being admitted earlier this year following a flu-like infection.

The three-time World Champion, who is a non-executive chairman of Mercedes, had been taken ill while on a family holiday in Ibiza over the Christmas period.

He was admitted to the AKH hospital in Vienna, where he had undergone a lung transplant last summer, so he could be observed closely to ensure there were no further complications.

With his condition having improved, Walter Klepetko, head of the thoracic department at AKH, confirmed to Austrian news agency APA that Lauda had been given the all clear to leave hospital.

Klepetko emphasised that at no point did the flu infection pose a risk to Lauda’s life, and said that artificial respiration had not been necessary either. Lauda's admission to intensive care was necessary only to ensure that his weakened immune system could be monitored more closely.

Lauda missed the final races of the 2018 season as he recovered from his lung operation, and it is unclear yet if he will be able to join Mercedes for the 2019 season opener in Australia on March 17.


  • 1

#5157 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:47

Razmatra se mogućnost da se nova pista za MotoGP u Finskoj homologuje i za F1. Radovi kasne godinu dana i trebalo bi da budu završeni letos a prva trka se očekuje dogodine.

Finska je peta najuspešnija nacija u F1 sa 4 titule i 50 pobeda, a pored Novog Zelanda jedina država koja ima svetskog prvaka ali ne i GP trku. Tako bi se F1 vratila u Skandinaviju posle više od 40 godina.
  • 0

#5158 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 15:55

Novi Zeland ima GP trku ali ne u svetskom sampionatu, uz Makao je jedina zemlja kojoj je FIA dala pravo da organizuje nacionalni granpri van svetskog sampionata. Sve ostale 'granpri' trke su ili regionalne ili nazvane po gradovima.

 

Trenutno se VN Novog Zelanda vozi za TRS sampionat (bolidi slicni F3 pogonjeni Tojotinim motorima), a originalno je bila deo Tasman sampionata.


  • 0

#5159 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 17:30

Mick Schumacher i zvanicno u crvenom timu. Da nastavi tamo gde mu je tata stao.
  • 0

#5160 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 23:50

50788412_925381271186319_293487688422942


  • 0