Photo

clipping

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#16 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:19

A Dog's Life Is Looking Better and Better
Why Americans Spend Big Bucks on Their Pets
By NED POTTER

NEW YORK — The W Hotel near Times Square offers a special room service menu, monogrammed beds, bath robes and a masseuse, and has a psychologist on call if the need arises.
That's not just for you. It's for your dog, if you bring one along.
"When you check into our welcome desks at any of the properties, we always let you know what languages we have by our talent here that are speaking human languages," said Ross Klein, senior vice president of the W chain, "and we added 'woof' and 'meow' to that as an official language about two years ago."
Collette Leonard checked in with Gabby, her teacup Yorkshire terrier. After they settled into their room, Gabby had steak sent up.
"I would say she's very pampered. What do you think?" laughed Leonard, a marketing executive. "I'm single and I travel a lot. I work a lot of hours and it just makes me feel that I'm not away from home as much as I really am."
Numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau suggest that Gabby's first-class treatment is part of a growing phenomenon in America. In the last 10 years, the percentage of households with pets has remained relatively stable, but the amount of money people spend on their pets has doubled. Last year it was more than $34 billion. That is more than Americans spend on sporting goods, candy, jewelry, toys or shoes.
Breakfast at Sniffany's
At a Manhattan shop called Trixie + Peanut, people can buy dog boots, dog sweaters, dog necklaces and dog toys from "Chewnel No. 5" or "Sniffany & Co."
"We've had people in here that have spent over $1,000," said Mark Edwards, owner of Trixie + Peanut.
"It's people wanting to express themselves through their dogs' fashions, just as they do with their own fashions," said Edwards, "and the designers are mirroring the fashions that are out there for people."
Brooke Goldstein came shopping with her dog, Kayla. "I feel bad for her when I leave her during the day, so I like her to have a lot of toys," she said. "My parents don't really understand why my dog wears so many clothes."

Eh, sto nisam pCeto - gde bi mi bio kraj
:lol:

#17 Hefestus

Hefestus
  • Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 00:18

Mountain Dad

#18 Hefestus

Hefestus
  • Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 00:24

Raj :lol:

#19 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:16

#20 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:40

Who Closes a Sex Festival for Lack of Interest?

LONDON (Reuters) - Organizers of a major erotic festival are closing for business in Manchester due to a lack of interest, which they blame on recalcitrant northern English men.

Erotica Manchester opened on Friday, selling a range of sex aids, clothing and footwear, but ticket sales have been poor and organizers say they will not be coming back.
"We've tried to warm this city up for more than two years but northerners just haven't responded in sufficient numbers," said event director Savvas Christodoulou.
"They are happy enough to come to our London event in the autumn but they seem embarrassed about being seen at Erotica Manchester."
Organizers said their research shows northern women wanted to attend the three-day adult show but were "under the thumb of their other halves."
"We thought Manchester was an open minded city but maybe we were wrong," a spokesman for the event told Reuters. "People flock to our show in London but it seems that up here, the traditional northern male still calls the shots."

#21 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:12

Nada Curcic Named Lewisburg Hotel Bison Athlete of the Week
Senior Has Won 11 Straight Singles Matches

LEWISBURG, Pa. - Nada Curcic (Belgrade, Serbia/3rd Belgrade) has been named the Lewisburg Hotel Bison Athlete of the Week after winning her 11th-consecutive singles match, Saturday against Patriot League foe Army. The senior boasts a 11-1 singles record this spring, as well as a 11-1 doubles mark with Veronica Brown.
Last week, Curcic recorded four wins, winning both her singles and doubles matches against Villanova and Army. The Bison pounded Villanova, 7-0, and fell to Army, 6-1. Curcic was the only Bison to manage a singles win against the perennial PL power.
Curcic recently became Bucknell's all-time leader in combined wins with a total of 140, 72 singles and 68 doubles. She is also the all-time leader for career doubles wins, and stands in second on the all-time singles list.
The Bucknell women have had a terrific spring season thus far, registering a 10-2 overall record, 1-1 in the Patriot League. The Bison continue their PL schedule tomorrow afternoon when they travel to Bethlehem, Pa. to face Lehigh at 3 p.m.

#22 Hefestus

Hefestus
  • Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:23

proceed :lol:

#23 Hefestus

Hefestus
  • Members
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:09

Mail Order :lol:

Posted Image
I'm 7-foot-5 and looking for love. You likey the love? Tall guys have it going on... you know what I'm saying? oh yeah! I'm also pierced, and I don't mean in the ear...

more ...............

#24 Dr Kosh

Dr Kosh
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 22:15

Obrati paznju na ime srednjeg tipa

#25 dzishn

dzishn
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 22:50

kad smo kod takvih imena, jedna na mom faxu se zove
anita johnson :lol:

#26 Prki

Prki
  • Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 00:16

kad smo kod takvih imena, jedna na mom faxu se zove
anita johnson :lol:

didn't get it :huh:

#27 dzishn

dzishn
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:56

izgovori vrlo glasno

/a'nida dzhonson/

#28 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:31

Ken and Deirdre beat Charles and Camilla in TV stakes
By Times Online

The Prince of Wales's wedding to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, attracted an average of more than seven million viewers on Saturday, but was a comparative flop compared to those other well-known middle-aged divorcees.
Television ratings today showed that 12.1 million people tuned in on Friday night to watch Ken Barlow and Deirdre Rachid tie the knot on Coronation Street.
Although the civil marriage inside the Guildhall in Windsor was not broadcast, the major channels did have live coverage of the blessing ceremony at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.
The average audience for the royal wedding was some 7.3 million, ITV1 said, citing combined figures for its coverage and that of the BBC. The Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board said that the BBC’s coverage peaked at 7.8 million and ITV1 peaked at 2.3 million after the BBC coverage ended.
Nor did the royal couple manage to displace the Grand National as a draw. BBC's coverage of the National meeting ran neck and neck with the wedding, attracting an average of 7.3 million viewers, peaking at 9.5 million during the race, which was delayed by 25 minutes so as not to clash with the wedding.

#29 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:10

Kombinacija stoleca !

Šverc pelena i srebrnog nakita

DIMITROVGRAD - Carinici su juče ujutro na graničnom prelazu Gradina detaljnom kontrolom autobusa koji je saobraćao na liniji Šabac-Beograd-Istanbul-Beograd-Šabac, otkrili dva kilograma i 690 grama švercovanog srebrnog nakita u vrednosti 107.600 dinara, saopštila je Uprava carina. Upravnik carinarnice Dimitrovgrad Nikola Tončev potvrdio nam je da je dan ranije otkriven i šverc pelena „diana unisex eko“, vrednih više od milion dinara.
:lol: :huh: :huh:

#30 Mallorn Tree

Mallorn Tree
  • Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:02

Bora Čorba tvrdi da zbog poreza propada rokenrol
Dinkić nam uzima i crno ispod noktiju
„Riblja čorba“ je zbog ogromnih poreza (47 odsto) plus PDV prestala da održava koncerte. Bora Đorđević je ogorčen na ljude koji kreiraju poresku politiku. Povukli su se i spremaju nove pesme (kaže da će biti i ljubavnih) ali, potišten zbog svega, tvrdi da ne zna kada će album izaći.
- Dinkić nam ne da da sviramo. Ne možeš da prodaš 1.000 karata i budeš u minusu zbog poreskih budalaština. Doveden je u pitanje socijalni status cele branše. Ja nemam socijalno i zdravstveno, moja deca ne mogu da overe zdravstvene knjižice. Hajde o tome malo da razmišljamo! I o autorskim pravima, i o piratima. Lako je otimati pare! Katastrofa! Ali, vide se ipak dobri znaci. Finansijska je u Beogradu dobila batine od jednog pekara i jednog mesara. A čujem da se i po provinciji dešava isto - priča Bora objašnjavajući da nije daleko dan kada će i neki roker početi pesnicama da isteruje pravdu.
Kaže da se kao savetnik u Ministarstvu kulture trudi da pomaže ljudima i omogući mladima da sviraju rokenrol. Ali...
- Ja sam samo šraf u tom velikom mehanizmu. Pokušao sam da stupim u kontakt sa Dinkićem, da razgovaram sa njim iako se znamo veoma površno... Ali vidim čemu vodi ta kompletna politika, politika uzimanja crnog ispod noktiju i pravljenja takvih socijalnih razlika da će bogati biti još bogatiji, a siromašni još siromašniji. Na tome se bazira njegova osnovna politika, a ja ne mogu da budem na toj strani ni u crtanom filmu.
Simonida Stanković
Blic Online, 18.04.2005