VJ11.jpg

#2 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:58

5a94297ca1ca9599caeed8d56642427609e46312

5a9411b1b201fff4ad85a49f0501ace3a2dfe319

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 26 February 2018 - 17:07.

#3 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 13:41

Novost u odnosu na juce:

5a952b80f2519852e76a6365446eea590360746a

5a953499a6aaba8153fbd9362044b36b1b3aa74a

#4 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 14:53

DXmd_UjWAAETzsy.jpg

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 18:21

Force India will not change its name in 2018.

Earlier, amid rumours an energy drink company called Rich Energy would buy the team, it was reported the team could drop the word 'India' from its name.

But Auto Motor und Sport says any name change for Force India will now wait until at least 2019.

A deal with Rich Energy was not done, and talks with BWT about a naming deal reportedly also did not bear fruit.

"No title sponsor and no new owner means no new name," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

And a mid-year name change is also ruled out, as the FIA thinks that would be confusing.

Force India finish fourth overall in both 2016 and 2017, but it seems that other midfield teams have now stepped ahead of the Silverstone based outfit.

"A lot of cars are going to be within half a second," Haas boss Gunther Steiner said in Melbourne.

"The biggest threats are from Renault, McLaren and Force India," he added.

#6 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 14:47

MARCH 28, 2018
Force India admits race for F1 survival

perez1-rg.jpg
Sergio Perez, Australian GP 2018
© RV Press

Force India is in a race for mere survival, its deputy boss Bob Fernley has admitted.

Amid owner and boss Vijay Mallya's ever deepening legal troubles, his deputy Fernley has revealed he is scrambling to put together the team's 2018 budget.

"The next four weeks will decide if we will survive," Germany's Auto Bild quotes him as saying.

"I will have to raise a lot of money in a short amount of time."

Previously, Force India has been given a helping hand by getting an advance on its official F1 income.

Fernley said: "For that we always need the approval of the other teams, and this time Williams has put in the veto.

"I have a plan that could work in the next two to three weeks," he added.

#7 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:52

Viliams... Bas otuzan potez. Bila bi tragedija da grid spadne na 9 timova. Nadam se da ce Liberti uraditi nesto po ovom pitanju.

#8 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 23:27

Viliams... Bas otuzan potez. Bila bi tragedija da grid spadne na 9 timova. Nadam se da ce Liberti uraditi nesto po ovom pitanju.

Dajem Vilijamsu za pravo. FI je poznata kao ekipa koja neprestano troši i svaku pozajmicu pojedu, Vilijams na primer se žrtvuje preko na primer uzimanja plaćenog vozača s velikim novčanikom kada su u velikoj krizi. Ako FI dobije na kurvanjski način financijsku inekciju odna će i sledeći put...

FI "golotinja"

00uanrbfq5q01.jpg

Edited by /13/Ален Шмит/, 05 April 2018 - 23:29.

#9 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 23:34

Novi prednji spojler

DaBqFisX0AI8NQs.jpg

#10 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 23:37

FI ažurirala krivulje elemenata uspravnog deflektora kojeg su u Australiji doneli

DaB6ztLX4AI_hyy.jpg

#11 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 19:05

Force India team principal Vijay Mallya describes Esteban Ocon's point in the Bahrain Grand Prix as "bittersweet" after feeling a bigger points haul escaped the team.

Having failed to score in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, Force India finally registered a point courtesy of Ocon's 10th place in Bahrain. Sergio Perez was also competitive during the race but a spin on Lap 1 after being hit by Brendon Hartley limited his recovery and Mallya says Force India can't afford to miss opportunities in such a tight midfield battle.

"It was bittersweet coming away from Bahrain with just a point," Mallya said. "Yes, it was good to get on the scoreboard, but the potential for more was there. Apart from the race result, it was an important weekend of testing and learning about the car. There's more to come this weekend too as the development race continues.

"The grid was very tight in Bahrain and we expect the same in China. With such small margins, it's about maximizing every session. A small mistake is the difference between making Q3 or dropping out in Q1. We will continue working hard this weekend to reclaim our position at the front of the midfield."

Perez echoed Mallya's feelings but says he is optimistic there is more to come from Force India as the team continues to bring upgrades to its car in China.

"I have mixed feelings after the Bahrain weekend," Perez said. "I think we had the potential for a great result, but everything changed after being hit on Lap 1. It's disappointing to miss out on points, but I still enjoyed the race trying to recover from the back of the field.

"We made some progress over the weekend and we're definitely in the midfield battle. We have more updates to test in China and we just need to keep working in the same direction, as we did in Bahrain."

One point from the opening two races marks Force India's worst start to a Formula 1 season since 2009, when it failed to score until a stunning podium for Giancarlo Fisichella at the 12th round in Belgium.

#12 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 16:06

Force India has "fundamental" problem with 2018 F1 car

f1-chinese-gp-2018-esteban-ocon-force-in

By: Jonathan Noble, Formula 1 Editor
Co-author: Scott Mitchell, Journalist
2 hours ago

Force India has admitted its new Formula 1 car is being held back by a "fundamental" problem that is affecting its balance in corners.

The Silverstone-based outfit has had a difficult start to the season as it has been chasing a cure for the issue that first emerged in pre-season testing.

After initially doubting what the team's data was telling it from the tests, however, it was only ahead of the season opener in Australia that it fully realised the trouble it was in.

When asked by Motorsport.com about when the team was aware of its issue, technical director Andy Green said: "It started probably between the Barcelona tests and Melbourne.

"We were a bit dubious about the data we were receiving, whether it was real or not, and then we needed to perform more tests on the car and some additional logging on the car, instrumentation, to see if it was a real phenomenon or not.

"Everything we have seen so far suggests it is real, so we have been attacking it to try to instigate a change. But as of yet we have yet to make any real inroads into it."

Green said the early indications of what he refers to a a "fundamental underlying issue" pointed to its CFD and wind tunnel data not aligning with how the car has performed in the real world.

"It is not a tunnel issue, it is a full-size issue," he said. "It doesn't match tunnel or CFD. The tunnel and CFD match, but unfortunately they don't match reality."

Green said that the fluctuating balance at the rear was also making it difficult to evaluate other car parts, like the new front wing that arrived in Bahrain last weekend.

"We are still very confident that the front wing does what we wanted of it," he said. "But it was designed to go with a car that generates more rear load which we don't have at the moment.

"Once that load appears and you put the wing on, that generates even more rear load so it is a double whammy. That is why we are very keen to break into it.

"It is incredibly difficult to judge [the potential of the car] because the tyres come into it massively. It is not just an aero load, it is a tyre management problem as well. It is very difficult to manage the rear tyres when you have a fluctuating rear load."

Spanish GP update target

Green said he hoped that an update being planned for next month's Spanish Grand Prix would help cure the problem."I am hoping we will have something that will attack it head-on Barcelona time," he said.

"There is definitely a solution there. What we are trying to do is find a quick solution.

"With a clean sheet of paper we could probably solve it straight away, but we don't have a clean sheet of paper, we already have a car that exists.

"So it takes a bit longer to try to do it with the resources we have and the car we already have. It will take a couple of races I think."

However, he said that the issue at the rear could be more serious and down to its car concept choice for 2018.

"It may be a fundamental change that we made over the winter that we need to backtrack on," he said.

"The car is different. It may look the same, but every part of the car is different, so which part of the car did we change that fundamentally upset the car? It is a very subtle change. It just goes to change how much of a knife-edge that we work on."

Pushing too far

Renault Sport chief technical officer Bob Bell said it was "surprising" how far back teams like Force India and Williams were this season.

However, he said that if the the problem is aerodynamic there is no reason those teams could not recover ground if they discover the cause.

"These cars, from an aerodynamic point of view, are designed to run pretty close to the edge of performance," Bell said.

"Sometimes you can push it a little too far and the wind tunnels or CFD don't tell you the truth. And you just go over the edge.

"When you discover what that is and you fix it you can take quite a step forward."

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 15:54

Sergio Perez says the results he’s achieved at Force India show he can be a match for any driver in F1.

Perez finished seventh in the championship in 2016 and 2017, behind the drivers in the six quickest cars.

“Finishing seventh in Formula One, you’re working at a very high level, working with the best engineers in the world with the best technology,” he said.

“Seventh can be as good as a world champion in terms of the work and the speed that you’ve done. It’s what really matters to me that if I come here and I have a car that is capable of finishing 14th and I bring it home 12th, that’s a massive merit.”

Perez spent a single season at McLaren in 2013, but it proved the first of five win-less seasons for the team and he left at the end of the year.

“I still have my aim one day I will get the chance to fight for the best possible results because I believe I am as good as anyone here,” he said.

“But in Formula One it’s so much down to the potential of your team and your car. I hope that soon I can get an opportunity to show my full capacity.”

While top teams including vacancies have vacancies in the driver line-ups for 2019, Perez said he doesn’t understand why he hasn’t been suggested as a candidate.

“I don’t know what the reason for that [is]. I think I’ve been doing a very strong job in the past seasons so in that side there is not a lot I can do. It’s hard to show.

“I finish in the last two years seventh in the championship, in the front mix. So it’s hard for people to realise but I’m sure when they look at the performance. It’s not a coincidence I’ve beaten good drivers such as [Nico] Hulkenberg, the time we spent together. I believe I can be as good as anyone out there.”

:rotflmao:

#14 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 17:44

Fernley praises Liberty's approach to changes
Wednesday, 25 April 2018
Chris Medland / Image by Hone/LAT

1015110954-LAT-20180415-_ONZ54666.jpg

Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley says he prefers Liberty Media's approach to dealing with the teams over future rule changes compared to Bernie Ecclestone's style of management.

Ecclestone successfully employed a divide and conquer approach to negotiating with the teams, while also using the Strategy Group – then generally comprised of the top six teams in the constructors' championship, plus himself and the FIA – to drive change. Since taking over the sport, Liberty has opened up the Strategy Group to allow all teams to attend as observers, and held discussions with all 10 teams before formulating a blueprint for Formula 1's future that it presented in Bahrain.

Admitting that Force India's desire for a budget cap and more equal revenue distribution matches with Liberty's future ideas, Fernley says he's a fan of the new style of negotiations that have been taking place.

"Well I think from our point of view the future plan is in the right direction," Fernley told RACER. "So we've just got to keep building it, but I'm hoping it's going to continue to be consensus-based – just bringing everyone in behind it all – all the way through. From our side it's in the right direction.

"I think that direction will continue. It's not diminished yet so hopefully it will continue through and we can start firming some of the things up.

"I quite like [Liberty's approach], it's working well. I like the idea of them doing individual discussions with teams and then them formulating what they think the consensus is, rather than having shouting matches with all the teams trying to get their particular point over!"

While certain aspects of the 2021 regulations were discussed in the Strategy Group last week, Fernley believes the Formula One Group [FOG] will continue to bypass that governance process – which it is keen to change – when dealing with the majority of its future plans.

"The thing is I don't think that will necessarily go through the Strategy Group. I think the way that it has been brought in is on a parallel program, like it was done in Bahrain. It's done as a presentation process and then an individual assessment by each team with FOG and the FIA."

#15 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 15:15

Force India hopes new floor addresses correlation issue

1015108177-lat-20180414-_56i6072_edited.

By: RACER Staff | 1 hour ago

Force India is hoping a new floor will help the team recover from a correlation issue that has limited its ability to bring upgrades to its car so far this season.

Having launched a fairly underdeveloped car for pre-season testing, Force India introduced a major upgrade ahead of the Australian Grand Prix but found it didn’t perform as expected. Since the race in Bahrain the team has shown improved pace as it understands the difference between its simulations and track performance, and deputy team principal Bob Fernley told RACER the next step will be to introduce changes to the floor at the Spanish Grand Prix.

“I think certainly a certain part of it will be floors if we can be looking at that, because that’s part of the correlation issue,” Fernley said. “Then I think we’ve got to look at it from there onwards. When you have a situation like this it’s difficult to find and what we must remember is the fantastic job that the team did in Bahrain, because we did a huge amount of work there to get the data. But nothing happens overnight.”

56i8768.jpg

Fernley added that the issues the team has faced has resulted in it having a number of parts that deliver greater levels of downforce but would be detrimental to the balance of the car.

“There will be upgrades coming all the time, that’s something we don’t stop on. But we just need to make sure that we address this correlation issue so that we can then start bolting on the performance. Because we’ve got front wings that were brought in that are at the moment too powerful to balance it, so we have got to get to a position where we can re-introduce those. So that tells you we’re in the right direction.”

Asked if that means the team needs to focus on finding more rear stability at the same time, Fernley added: “It’s across the board, it’s not just one area.

“It’s just a case of being able to get ourselves back on track again. Andrew [Green, technical director] and the team, as always, will do a fantastic job of that.”