Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Scuderia Torro Rosso 2018


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 13:53

Imaju li jos one tviter naloge PU-a? Kakav je ono marketinski promasaj bio, da ne kazem transfer blama  :lol+:


  • 0

#32 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 23:43

TR ažurirao deflektore

 

DaCKbn2XkAE_Uxl.jpg


  • 0

#33 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:02

Gasly's best F1 lap dampened by power unit reality
Saturday, 07 April 2018
By Chris Medland / Image by Getty Images for Red Bull

gasly1.jpg


Pierre Gasly labels his fifth-place qualifying effort for the Bahrain Grand Prix as his best lap in Formula 1 – but he is wary of a less competitive race on Sunday.

The Frenchman excelled during qualifying and pulled out an impressive lap at the end of Q3 to set the sixth-fastest time, promoting him to fifth on the grid as a result of Lewis Hamilton's grid penalty. Having reached the final part of qualifying for the first time in his short F1 career to date, Gasly says he put the whole lap together to maximize his position.

"It was the best lap I have done in Formula 1," Gasly said. "I had one chance in Q3 with my new tires. I knew that I had to do the lap, and if I would do like a really good lap, it could put us in a really good position. For sure I didn't expect to be P6. But when I crossed the lap, I was like, 'OK, I have done and I have given everything I had.' It was just a great feeling when they told me I was P6.

"I think also on my side, I'm getting more and more comfortable on the car, session after session. Just in the beginning of the weekend, I feel that what we have, I feel comfortable with it, and I can just push as much as I want. That's great."

Honda suffered problems with the MGU-H and turbo on Gasly's car in Australia, forcing his retirement early on and requiring modifications to the components this weekend. With the Japanese manufacturer also struggling for reliability in Bahrain a year ago, Gasly admits he is primed for a less competitive race in order to protect the power unit.

"We know that is tougher for us in the race than on one lap performance. That's why we know tomorrow is not going to be easy. I think they did get better compared to last year. I think we are closer to our main competitors now. We know that in the race we are still struggling a little bit on this."

Despite his caution, when asked if there was any extra satisfaction in outqualifying both McLarens – the team Honda supplied for the past three years – Gasly replied: "I didn't say it on the radio, but yeah, for sure!"


  • 0

#34 Xpert

Xpert
  • Members
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 20:17

Bravo za Gaslya, Toro Rosso i Hondu!


  • 0

#35 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,074 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 21:28

Izjednačen drugi najbolji rezultat za STR posle jedine Vettelove pobede.

 

Vettel 2x P4,

Verstappen 2x P4,

Sainz 1x P4.


  • 0

#36 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:56

Izjednačen drugi najbolji rezultat za STR posle jedine Vettelove pobede.

 

Vettel 2x P4,

Verstappen 2x P4,

Sainz 1x P4.

Izgleda, da ove godine Honda u bolidu ima dobrog vozača i šasiju  :wicked:

Šalu na stranu, mislim, da niko nije bio toliko lud, da bi prognozirao ovakvu utrku za STR. Ali ako je to pokazatelj performansi Honde ove godine, onda RB ima čemu da se nada. 


  • 0

#37 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:29

Ja bih najiskrenije voleo da proradi Hondin motor jer nam u F1 treba vise od tri marke motora ako mislimo ikad vise da vidimo pun grid od 26 bolida. A da li su proradili ili nisu videcemo na kraju sezone kad se podvuce crta i sve sabere. Za sada meni i pored ovog cetvrtog mesta (i to sa kako Japanci pricaju - ispodprosecnom sasijom i vozacima operisanim od talenta, barem su to govorili nakon Australije) jaci je utisak da su na dve trke ove sezone potrosili dva motora. Ako se za Mecku i Ferari moze ocekivati da ce ispostovati pravilo o tri motora po sezoni, Reno je vec najavio da planira strateski da ubaci i cetvrti u igru i uzme kazne, meni nije jasno sta planiraju u Hondi jer vrlo brzo ce ovim tempom da pocnu da startuju svaku trku sa zacelja. Meni je neverovatno da su zbog kratkorocnog EPP da u par trka budu ispred Meklarena oni spremni da zrtvuju kompletnu sezonu. No, njihov problem na kraju krajeva, oni valjda znaju sta su im prioriteti.


  • 0

#38 Dzoni_m

Dzoni_m
  • Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 13:53

Ja gledam to potpuno drugacije. Mislim da oni ne zele da naprave gresku koju su napravili u braku sa Meklarenom: pouzdanost i brzina u isto vreme. Ne ide. Ne u ovoj fazi razvoja. Brzinu Ferrarija i Renoa ne mozete da stignete tako brzo, morate da probate sta najbolje funkcionise tj umete da napravite. Pouzdanost Mercedesa tek ne mozete. A pokusati to u isto vreme je ravno ludilu. MC je imao puno pravo to da zahteva. Legitimno sa njihove strane. Ovi su ispali cirkuzanti sto su to pokusali.

 

Ovo je pravi pristup, idemo da napravimo da nas vise ne preskacu kao da stojimo. Kada smo zadovoljni konceptom, onda radimo na puzdanosti. 


Edited by Dzoni_m, 09 April 2018 - 13:53.

  • 0

#39 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 14:26

Ima tu jos jedna stvar - Reno je RBR-u dao do kraja maja da se izjasne hoce li ostati sa njima ili preci na Hondu, ako do tada ne potpisu ugovor sa Renoom nece ga ni potpisati. Moguce da u Hondi pokusavaju da naprave rezultat do tada, da upecaju veliku ribu, a posle kad je papir potpisan u ostatku sezone neka bude sta bude. To je taman taj kratkorocni EPP program, plus seirenje kako se Meklaren zajeb'o sto ih je ostavio tu dodje kao bonus.


  • 0

#40 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,158 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 14:35

Meni nije žao sto je Honda napravila juce dobar rezultat - naprotiv, dobro je za sport. Ali opet, imaju tu zaista veliku prednost - sto ne moraju da razmisljaju o zivotnom veku motora. Dok Renoovi moraju sa ovim da izdrze bar do Monte Karla. Honda ce najkasnije u Spaniji, a mozda cak i u Azerbejdzanu, biti na trecem motoru. A posle toga imamo jos 17 (18) trka.
  • 0

#41 romantik

romantik
  • Members
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:57

Po meni je to skroz ispravan pristup Honde. Ako nisi u borbi za titulu, a svim protivnicima motor treba da traje 7, odnosno 5 trka, ti lepo sa jednum motorom vozis u prvom delu sezone po dve trke, u drugom po tri, odvrnes taj motor do maksimuma i samim tim ti si u prvom delu sezone konkurentan na 5 trka, u drugom na 7, to je 12 trka gde juris bodove, dok bi u alternativnoj strategiji stednje motora i zbog toga umanjenja njegovih ionako slabih performansi ti bio u igri za bodove na 3-4 trke i to tamo gde ti se sklope kockice zbog probelam drugih timova.

 

Ja sam prosle sezone zeleo da isti princip primene i kod nas, neka gomile kazni ali da u trkama odvrnes motor do kraja, no nazalost to prosle godine nije bilo izvodiljivo iz dva razloga: jer je motor i maksimalno odvrnut bio znacajno slabiji od konkurencije i zbog cinjenice da je u tom najjacem rezimu rada trozio goriva kao da  su ga Rusi a ne Japanci pravilo. Ocito je da je Honda napravila ozbiljan pomak u ovom drugom segmentu.


  • 0

#42 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:44

Ima tu jos jedna stvar - Reno je RBR-u dao do kraja maja da se izjasne hoce li ostati sa njima ili preci na Hondu, ako do tada ne potpisu ugovor sa Renoom nece ga ni potpisati. Moguce da u Hondi pokusavaju da naprave rezultat do tada, da upecaju veliku ribu, a posle kad je papir potpisan u ostatku sezone neka bude sta bude. To je taman taj kratkorocni EPP program, plus seirenje kako se Meklaren zajeb'o sto ih je ostavio tu dodje kao bonus.

Jedini je problem, što RB zna šta Honda stavlja u STR i ne mogu ga izblefirati, da bi stavili potpis, pa onda zajeb.


  • 0

#43 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 15:01

Honda says it has started a "different story" in formula one.

After three woeful seasons together, McLaren dumped Honda at the end of 2017.

The Japanese manufacturer went off to Toro Rosso, which could have been the start of a deeper collaboration with Red Bull Racing for 2019 and beyond.

And in Bahrain last weekend, the chances of that happening increased, as Pierre Gasly qualified sixth and finished fourth -- Honda's best result since returning to F1 in 2015.

Spain's El Confidencial quotes a reporter as asking new Honda technical director Toyoharu Tanabe if it is a relief to no longer be subject to Fernando Alonso and McLaren's complaints.

"This year the story is different,"
the Japanese smiled as he answered.

So while McLaren's fans wonder if the timing of the Honda split was right, Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost is in no doubt about his team's move.

"This result shows that being with Honda was the right decision," said Tost.

However, Honda's Tanabe said he wants more.

"I cannot afford to be satisfied with this result, because there were three retirements and a minute of difference to the first three," he said.

"We do not want to say great things now, as there is no choice but to keep climbing steps. Because we aspire to win and be number 1."

 

Nego sta da je olaksanje, sada kad se izgovaraju da su vozaci neznalice, da sasije vibriraju i lome motore, da ivicnjaci skacu na bolide, i da samo zbog toga rezultati izostaju a inace motor je egal sa Ferarijem, skoro pa i sa Mercedesom, bez sumnje bolji od Renoa, mozda im neko i poveruje. Ipak Alonso i Meklaren jos uvek imaju dovoljno istorijskog kredibiliteta pa se ne moze sva krivica svaliti na njih.

 

maxresdefault.jpg


  • 0

#44 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 20:37

Miscommunication on driver swap caused Toro Rosso crash
Monday, 16 April 2018
Chris Medland / Image by Dunbar/LAT

1015091265-LAT-20180405-_X4I04286.jpg


A miscommunication between Brendon Hartley and Pierre Gasly led to the two Toro Rosso drivers colliding during the Chinese Grand Prix.

Hartley had started ahead of his teammate on the ultrasoft tire but struggled and pitted early for mediums, while Gasly started on the medium and then opted for the softs near the halfway point of the race. With the two cars on different strategies, Hartley was set to let his teammate past but says the timing of the move was confused and led to the collision at the Turn 14 hairpin as Gasly made a late attempt to pass on the inside.

"I've been chatting with Pierre, clearly a miscommunication," Hartley said. "We were on very different strategies. We swapped positions in the first stint as well because I was struggling on the ultrasoft. I let him by on the exit of Turn 14, and the second time I was asked, I planned to do the same,

"But my feeling is, I don't know, he must have thought that I was opening a door on entry, which was not the case. Clearly a miscommunication. I think he thought I was letting him by, but I planned to let him by on corner exit as we were on different strategies. That's what happened."

Asked if he'd already been told of the plan, Hartley replied: "Yeah, which was at the start of the race as well – let him by at corner exit, which was fine. And then they asked me to let him by on Turn 14 again, and I planned to do the same."

Gasly's own explanation of the incident highlighted the confusion, with the Frenchman believing it was pre-agreed that the move would be done into the hairpin.

"Basically I was catching Brendon and we were on two different strategies, at some point we would need a driver swap and they told me on the radio, 'OK, Brendon is going to let you past' at the end of the straight, as we had said with the engineers," Gasly said.

"So I expected him to let me by. I went on the inside and finally, I don't know if he didn't see me but I expected him to leave a bit of space for me to turn. I was on the inside and it was too late, there was nothing I could do. I tried to brake to avoid him but it was too late, we made contact and that was it.

"It's a shame because it's the last thing you want to do, to have contact with your teammate. I think we misunderstood each other, I expected him to do one thing and he probably expected something else.

"We said before the race where to do it, so that's why I expected him to do it but it wasn't clear for him."

Gasly was handed a 10-second time penalty for the incident but says the pace of the car was not enough for points on Sunday in China.

"With where we finished in the end it doesn't change much. I think the main thing next time is we need to make sure we have better communication between each other. Just learn from it together."


  • 0

#45 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,762 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 17:14

Honda to investigate varying form with Toro Rosso
Wednesday, 18 April 2018
By Chris Medland / Image by Getty Images for Red Bull

hartley_rbcp.jpg


Honda plans on analyzing its performance over the past two races to help Toro Rosso understand how to produce Bahrain-like competitiveness on a more regular basis.

After a tricky start in Australia, Toro Rosso was the fourth-quickest team in Bahrain and secured fourth place courtesy of an impressive drive from Pierre Gasly. With a new aerodynamic package being introduced at that race, the improvement was put down to gains on both the chassis and power unit side, but in China the car was less competitive and the team failed to score.

"I think the result in China came from the Toro Rosso Honda package," Honda F1 technical direct Toyoharu Tanabe told RACER. "I can't tell if it's exactly from the chassis side or the power unit side.

"So we need to understand and we need to investigate the cause. We need to analyze what happened in China and also what happened in Bahrain, why it happened in China and why it happened in Bahrain, and then I think we will make a plan for the future."

Honda had to put countermeasures in place after Gasly suffered an MGU-H problem in Australia, but Tanabe says the power unit has run without issue throughout the following two races.

"So far we haven't seen any issues on the data. We will send the hardware back to [Honda headquarters] Sakura for maintenance and we will then have a look at the hardware itself. So from the data side there are no concerns. So at the moment we are happy with the updated MGU-H."

Despite that positive change, Tanabe says the turbo failure suffered by Renault on Daniel Ricciardo's Red Bull during FP3 in China shows that Honda can't relax when it comes to reliability.

"One ICE has done three races, one ICE has done two races and then the MGU-H has done two races, so we still have only done two or three races with the components. The current situation means we don't worry about reliability very much but it is easy to have an unexpected situation, so we need to be careful and can't be too happy.

"I am very sorry Renault had a failure. There's a possibility we will have the same thing in the future – you just don't know – but the regulations are the regulations and we have to follow them. It is difficult, but all manufacturers are trying to follow those regulations for reliability."


  • 0