#1 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 13:09

McLAREN RACING AND RENAULT SPORT RACING CONFIRM PARTNERSHIP

4bfzHho.jpg

Engine supply partnership agreed for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 F1 seasons

Renault Sport Racing and McLaren Racing are pleased to announce they have agreed an engine supply partnership for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 seasons. The deal will see Renault Sport Racing supply McLaren with Formula 1 power units, while also establishing a close working relationship with McLaren’s engineers and technicians.

Despite a combined Formula 1 presence that stretches back to 1977 (McLaren Racing has contested 814 GPs; Renault 591 in its role as an engine manufacturer), this will mark the first time that the two brands have ever collaborated.

For McLaren Racing, the reason for the partnership is evident: Renault has demonstrated its ability to build championship-winning engines, for its own team as well as customer teams.

For Renault Sport Racing, it provides the manufacturer with a second top-level Formula 1 team able to provide it with top-class feedback in relation to the development of its engine.

McLaren Renault is a partnership that will challenge for victory.

Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa, Executive Chairman and Executive Committee principal, McLaren Group:

“Renault is a manufacturer that, like McLaren, has Formula 1 deeply woven into its DNA. It introduced the concept of turbo-charging to modern F1 back in 1977, has won grands prix with and without turbo power, and has been a consistent pioneer and developer of new technologies in Formula 1.

“And while a Renault-powered McLaren is a new and exciting concept in Formula 1, what’s most important is that this partnership gives us the equal opportunity to compete alongside the other Renault-powered teams.

“At McLaren, we have the motivation, the desire and the resource to be a competitive force in 2018; now Renault power gives us the ability to take a significant step further up the grid.

“Today’s announcement starts a fresh chapter in the McLaren story – and we can’t wait to get started.”

Zak Brown, McLaren Technology Group Executive Director:

“Today’s announcement gives us the stability we need to move ahead with our chassis and technical programme for 2018 without any further hesitation.

“As an organisation, McLaren has always worked extremely hard to form lasting partnerships with its technical suppliers. We’re convinced that we can bring real value to Renault Sport Racing as we work alongside it to develop this current power unit into a regular race winner.”

Jérôme Stoll, President of Renault Sport Racing:

“This is a strategic decision for Renault Sport Racing. It is the first time that Renault will work with McLaren and we are proud to have reached an agreement with an organisation that has such a rich Formula 1 history. This alliance is not only technical and sporting, but also comes with marketing and communication benefits. We know that McLaren will push us hard on track and this competition will be to the benefit of all.”

Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing:

“We are pleased to confirm a new partnership for Renault Sport Racing and McLaren Racing and excited to embark on this new relationship of these two historic brands in Formula 1 cooperating together for the first time. This agreement is perfectly in line with our mid-term strategy and with our objective to be in a winning position as a team in 2020. We are looking forward to seeing the Renault brand on next year’s McLaren and racing our new partners on track. McLaren is an inspirational team with two talented drivers which should not only support our engine development efforts but also act as a reference and an example in the ongoing construction of our chassis operations. This is an exciting new beginning with a championship-winning team that is hungry to return to glory.”

#2 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 13:21

Neka nam je sa srecom, zasluzili smo je valjda posle ovih patnji!

#3 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 14:39

Drago mi je što Renault učestvuje u ovoj novoj eri za McLaren. Tim prema kojem imam najdublje poštovanje

#4 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 13:26

McLaren: Alonso free to race at Le Mans for another team

McLaren says that Fernando Alonso will be free to race in the Le Mans 24 Hours for another team next year, even if he commits to a new Formula 1 deal with the Woking-based outfit.

Alonso has made no secret of his desire to complete the famous ‘Triple Crown’ of victories in the Monaco Grand Prix, the Indianapolis 500 and Le Mans.

He achieved Monaco success in 2006 and 2007, and last year skipped the famous street race for an assault on Indy in a McLaren-branded Andretti Autosport entry - proving competitive but being forced out with engine failure in the closing stages.

While the prospect of Alonso missing Monaco next year to race in Indy again is highly unlikely, Le Mans taking place on a free weekend for F1 does provide a clear opportunity for the Spaniard.

As McLaren closes in on what is expected to be a one-year contract extension for Alonso, the team’s executive director Zak Brown has made it clear that the team is not against the two-time F1 champion racing at Le Mans with someone else.

“I think Le Mans 2018 is too early for McLaren,” said Brown, who has previously indicated an interest in returning the Woking brand to sportscar racing. “We have our hands full with getting our F1 team back on track.

"But we have spoken about it [Le Mans], and if it is something he would like to do, in the right circumstances, we would be open to that.”

Brown was clear, however, that Alonso would only get the green light from McLaren if it did not risk hurting the team’s prospects in F1.

“It couldn’t compromise his F1 racing programme,” he said.

Alonso negotiations continue

McLaren chiefs had dinner with Alonso in Singapore on Friday night as they continue negotiations to finalise a new contract.

Brown said he was optimistic that talks were heading in the right way – and that Alonso would remain a highly-paid asset.

“We are very close with Fernando,” he said. “We had dinner last night. He is very happy with the direction of the team in general, and he is one of the highest paid drivers in the sport. For us to retain him, he will continue to be one of the highest paid drivers in the sport.”

When asked if Alonso would have to take a pay cut now that Honda was not subsiding his wages, Brown said: “Not necessarily. The big boys cost big money…”

Pushed on whether committing to the mammoth $40 million fee Alonso has commanded for the past few years was realistic for McLaren, he said: “We have very committed shareholders, that want us to win races, and that is the mandate and remit they have given us – to do what it takes to win.

"We will work together to deal with the financials. We will ultimately come to whatever financial arrangement we need to.

"Eric [Boullier] has a good budget and we are spending more on capital expenditure. We are continuing to unleash money as he requests it, so we are not going to compromise our racing product.”

#5 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 16:17

McLaren's late switch from Honda to Renault power for 2018 has left it two weeks behind schedule, according to team boss Eric Boullier, though he does not believe it will cause a major setback to the team.

Ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix McLaren and Honda confirmed their split, triggering a shake-up of how next year's grid will look. The divorce had been rumoured since the Italian Grand Prix at the start of September after a series of meetings between McLaren, Honda, Renault, Red Bull and Formula One bosses in the Red Bull paddock.

In fact, some reports suggested the original deadline for a decision had been the Sunday of the Monza weekend, but the finer points of the split and the new deals which followed -- which saw Honda switch to Toro Rosso and Renault confirm the signing of Carlos Sainz on a 2018 loan deal -- took longer to finalise.

Though Boullier says McLaren has a period of hard work ahead to catch-up to its original targets he is confident the team will go into 2018 at full strength.

"Obviously it's a challenge," Boullier said about the delay in the split being confirmed. "Now we have to be [working] 24/7 I would say to try recover a couple of weeks where an ideal decision could've been taken. But, two weeks is recoverable.

"It won't be any compromise next year. Of course, we don't have the same experience as some of the costumers, so we have to discover the package. But, I think we can trust our engineers to do a very good job and two weeks are recoverable, but this is going to be a huge load of work and I'm glad to see there's a lot of energy going inside McLaren to try and recover as fast as possible."

Boullier thinks it is wrong to characterise the change McLaren will need to make as a "revolution", saying the design philosophy of next year's car will follow the path started with the MCL32, which the team has consistently rated as the one of the grid's best aerodynamic packages.

When asked if the delay meant shifting all its resources and focus to 2018 at the expense of the remaining races, Boullier said: "No. It doesn't mean that at all.

"It just means we are increasing the workload to make sure we can recover, and once we recover we will go back to the standard way to work and we have a different process today about work, because next year's car, despite the change of power unit, it's an evolution so there will be no revolutions. That doesn't change the way we work."

Dobro je, vec napredujemo sa Renoom, samo dve nedelje kasnjenja za bolid spram Honde koja je ove sezone po sopstvenom priznanju kasnila samo 5 meseci (u avgustu su objavili da su sustigli svoj planirani nivo performansi za mart)... :thumbs:

Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 20 September 2017 - 16:17.

#6 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 13:55

McLaren good for Renault's long-term strategy - Prost

Renault advisor Alain Prost believes the French manufacturer's new engine supply deal with McLaren is in the company's best long term interests.

As the McLaren-Honda partnership painfully dissolved and reached its epilogue last weekend in Singapore, the Woking-based outfit has tied its fate to Renault for a three-year period from 2018.

The two companies will be working together for the very first time in their history, and despite the threat posed by McLaren to its works outfit, Renault is happy with its new agreement insists Prost.

"It's a good achievement that we have an agreement with McLaren," says the four-time world champion who conquered three of his titles with the British team.

"It was a long process, not only about having a new partner but the Renault strategy for the long-term. We wanted everything in our hands," he said.

"It's good for us even if we take a little bit of risk with a very strong team beside us as a competitor. But as a works team you want to beat everybody.

"It was a question of being positioned with things in our hands."

The McLaren deal was only made possible by Toro Rosso's decision to switch to Honda power next season, terminating therefore its own partnership with Renault.

Red Bull Racing was subsequently informed that Renault would not extend its contract with the Milton Keynes-based team in 2019, and Prost offers some insight on the reasons behind the decision.

"The fact that we accepted the deals with the engines, it was very difficult to have Renault on one side and Honda on the other side with both Red Bull teams," he said.

"It's all about what is the best for us because we want to be improving our situation in the future."

http://en.f1i.com/ne...tegy-prost.html

#7 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:25

Eric Boullier thinks McLaren can make a swift return to the top step of the podium.

The British team is splitting with Honda after three years deep in the midfield, but boss Boullier thinks Renault power is McLaren's ticket to success as soon as 2018.

"For 2018, our goal is to fight for third place in the constructors' championship," the Frenchman is quoted by the Spanish sports daily Marca.

"But I hope we can do more than this and get a win after so many years.

"I will not start to create false expectations or put hope in our fans that we cannot fulfil, but I believe that we will at least win a race (next year)," Boullier added.

He said McLaren can be confident of achieving that because its proficiency in building good F1 cars has never faltered.

"We have always been in the top three, but we were far from that position in the last three years," he said.

"So we are going with Renault to have a better engine and get back to those top positions."

Momci, ne se zaleciete! U bunaru smo jezivo dubokom, i iako smo se oslobodili kamena oko vrata u vidu Honde nismo u situaciji nikome da pretimo praznom puskom. Daj da vidimo na zimu u Barseloni imamo li cime pred Milosa, pa cemo lako za bombasticne izjave. Da ne bude da ponovo ispadamo smesni.

#8 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 17,335 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 16:17

Ne znam sta se desava sa objavom o Alonsovom produzetku ugovora. Pre dve nedelje su svi insajderi rekli da je to gotova stvar  On je juce bio u Vokingu. Ako zeli da ostane u F1, Meklaren mu je jedina realna opcija, sumnjam da pregovara sa Vilijamsom. Moguce je da zajedno Meklaren i Alonso kupuju jos malo vremena kako bi ostali releventani u medijima, jer kad se objavi da je potpisao, a razlaz sa Hondom je vec uveliko ozvanicen, i tema Meklaren i tema Alonso postaju od sekundarne vaznosti do kraja godine. Ne zelim da verujem da ce izdati tim i napustiti F1..

#9 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 16:36

Alonso nema kuda, Meklaren mu je jedina opcja, sad da li Meklaren-Reno u F1 ili Karlin-Meklaren u Indikaru to cemo jos da vidimo.

#10 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:44

Technical: McLaren's switch to Renault PUs

#11 lemiwili

lemiwili
  • Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:51

Trenutno najbolja moguca opcija za Meklaren. Hodna je stvarno zabagovala, I to ne od kad su se vrattili u F1 nego I u poslednjoj skoro pa I deceniji u kojoj su bili u karavanu.

#12 djura.net

djura.net
  • Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 15:07

Jel na ovim motorima u red bulu tim radi neke promene ili su to potpuno isti motori kao u fabrickom renou i toro rosu? Mislim, ovakva dominacija nad mercedesom, pa stvarno neverovatno?

#13 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 15:48

Isti su. Mercedes je ovde imao problem sa prekomernim trosenjem guma, nisu smeli da gaze punom brzinom - na samo jedan krug su jos uvek brzi ali ne i preko cele duzine trke. Red Bul i Meklaren su dominirali u drugom sektoru staze gde sasija cini razliku, jedino je Fetel bio blizu sa njima ali on je bio dobar i na pravcima. Ovo je trebalo da bude lagana pobeda Ferarija da nisu imali pehove.

#14 djura.net

djura.net
  • Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 18:14

da, kad se tako pogleda, ferari je mogo do 1. i 2. mesta na podijumu.

opet, neverovatna je razlika izmedju red bula i fabrickog renoa, svaka cast austrijskom timu.

#15 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 18:22

Fabricki Reno jos uvek hvata zalet, oni su tek nedavno preuzeli ekipu, jos uvek se tu vuce puno "repova" iz ranijeg perioda. Doci ce i oni na svoje ali ce to potrajati. A Red Bul ima Njuija koji je bogotac za aerodinamiku.