McLaren - Renault 2018

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#436 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:36

Izbor guma za Kanadu: 2x supermeke 4x ultrameke 7x hipermeke za oba vozaca.

#437 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:07

Latifi: Dad's McLaren investment paints wrong picture

Formula 2 driver Nicholas Latifi believes his dad’s investment in the McLaren Formula 1 team’s parent company has painted the wrong picture and says he understands the speculation it triggered.

Last week the McLaren Group announced an investment of more than £200million from Michael Latifi had made him the company’s first new shareholder since Ron Dennis left.

That led to suggestions his F2 race-winning son Nicholas could be pushed into a role with McLaren, but the F1 team’s CEO Zak Brown has said this has not been part of any conversation.

Nicholas Latifi told Motorsport.com: “Not that I’m concerned with what the general public thinks, obviously, but it does, let’s say, paint that picture of me.

“They’re just giving their opinion based on what they see. If I wasn’t involved in motorsport I would think the same.

“The reality is it’s separate. If I stopped racing tomorrow, the investment still would have been made.”

“It’s an investment and he’s hoping to get something in return, just like you would with any personal investment, not just racing.

“It doesn’t really affect my job. There’s no link between me as a driver and those investments.”

Latifi is Force India’s test and reserve driver, having held a Renault testing role last year. He said he is not interested in getting more attention through his dad’s investment.

“I want to build my racing career based on what I do on the track,” said Latifi.  “I don’t think it’s going to draw more teams’ attention to me than I already had.

“My name has been around the paddock and I’ve been able to drive Formula 1 cars.”

Latifi needs a top-five F2 championship finish to bank enough superlicence points to get an F1 driver – he scored 20 for finishing fifth in F2 last year.

He is currently 10th, 72 points behind leader Lando Norris and 23 behind fifth-placed Jack Aitken, after struggling to adapt his driving style to the new turbocharged car.

His team DAMS has battled more than most initially with the tricky clutch on the 2018 car.

Qualifying has been Latifi’s biggest weakness, with 19th in Monaco following sixth in Barcelona, a crash in Baku and 15th in Bahrain – his teammate Alexander Albon has netted three consecutive poles in the meantime.

Modern F1 requires most drivers to bring backing to guarantee a race drive but nothing like the enormous investment Latifi Sr has made in McLaren via the British Virgin Islands company Nidala.

“I think a lot of people don’t realise it’s not a sponsorship, it’s an investment in the company,” said Nicholas.

“It’s not a ‘I’m going to put this money in and you buy my son a race seat’.

#438 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:08

Stariji Latifi je sada vlasnik 10% udela u Meklaren grupi.

#439 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:01

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown describes the chances of his team entering the IndyCar series next year as “favorable.”

:)

#440 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 27,727 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 21:25

:)

Toliko više će da ide u qratz u F1, imho.

Šteta.

#441 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 15:53

Whitmarsh on standby amid reports of McLaren 'revolt'

XPB_611494_Whitmarsh-725x500.jpg?x73801

Andrew Lewin
18/06/2018 at 12:11

Former McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh says he's ready to return to his old team if they want him back.

It comes amid tabloid reports that the team is facing a "revolt from disgruntled staff" who are deeply unhappy with the direction of the team after years of declining fortunes.

Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reported that "patience broke earlier in the week when racing director Eric Boullier led the usual post-race debrief in the Woking factory."

"Enough is enough,' one source told the newspaper. "A delegation is being pulled together."

An admission from the team's senior management that they remained at a loss to explain the disappointing performance of this year's MCL33 was said to be the final straw.

"Members of the shop floor were so furious at what they saw as the incompetence of their leaders that they plan to enlist Whitmarsh’s support as a last-ditch attempt to help turn around the ailing team," said the report.

“I live locally and I bump into friends who work at McLaren," said Whitmarsh, who was team principal at McLaren until 2014. "They are disappointed with what is happening and remonstrate with me.

"Tim Goss's departure pitched me over the edge,' he admitted, referring to the recent departure of the team's chief technical officer.

"Tim has a fantastic intellect, and is a hard-working, non-political, value-adding member of the team. He was scapegoated."

The team's diversification into other championships such as a potential IndyCar venture has also fanned the flames of unrest.

“The team used to be all about winning in Formula 1," he said. "Now they are looking at other avenues — going to race in IndyCar and Le Mans, for example.

"They are great things in themselves, but McLaren going in that direction, rather than making Grand Prix racing their sole priority, makes me shudder."

Whitmarsh said he had sympathy for his former colleagues, and that he would be happy to play his part if recalled.

"If a delegation showed up at my door, I wouldn't turn them away," he confirmed. "They know where I am."

#442 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 17:43

Boullier: McLaren must focus on reliability

1015289028-lat-20180608-_2st9260.jpg

By: RACER Staff | 4 hours ago

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier wants his team to focus on reliability at this weekend’s French Grand Prix after retiring from point-scoring positions in the last two races.

Fernando Alonso was running seventh in Monaco when he was forced to retire with a transmission issue, and then was 10th in Canada when an exhaust problem also resulted in him not finishing. Boullier is expecting the Circuit Paul Ricard to provide a stern test in terms of getting the most out of the car but wants McLaren to ensure there are no repeats of the recent issues.

“By design this circuit is no mean feat, and it’ll certainly be both a challenging and exhilarating track for the engineers and drivers to get their heads around,” Boullier said. “Our focus must first and foremost be on reliability after our recent spate of retirements. We’ve worked hard to understand our performance issues in Canada and hope that in France we can put in a more representative showing on track.”

1015338508-lat-20180617-_j6i7663.jpg
Fernando Alonso celebrates at Le Mans (Image by Sam Bloxham/LAT)

Alonso comes into the race weekend off the back of his victory at the Le Mans 24 Hours and says that win is only now starting to hit home as he prepares to switch his focus back to F1.

“It’s not often we get to drive on new tracks, or tracks that are new for most of us but already have a strong legacy behind them, so after my Le Mans experience it’s great to be staying in France and heading to Paul Ricard,” Alonso said. “Winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans still feels like a dream and it was an incredible week. It’s finally sinking in now and I’m already looking forward to getting back in my car and going racing again.

“I’ve never raced at Paul Ricard in Formula 1, but I drove there in testing a few years ago and I’ve seen the designs of the new circuit configurations. I think it looks like it has the potential to be a mega track, and going to a new venue always makes things exciting, as we’re all in the same position learning its characteristics from scratch.

“From what we do know, it’ll be a tough race for the cars and drivers, and a tricky technical challenge to set the cars up. It does look like there are a few overtaking opportunities though, which should hopefully provide some exciting racing. After a couple of disappointing weekends, I hope we can bounce back in France with a more positive result.”

-Chris Medland

#443 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 27,727 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 18:42

Whitmarsh on standby amid reports of McLaren 'revolt'XPB_611494_Whitmarsh-725x500.jpg?x73801
Andrew Lewin
18/06/2018 at 12:11
Former McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh says he's ready to return to his old team if they want him back.
It comes amid tabloid reports that the team is facing a "revolt from disgruntled staff" who are deeply unhappy with the direction of the team after years of declining fortunes.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reported that "patience broke earlier in the week when racing director Eric Boullier led the usual post-race debrief in the Woking factory."
"Enough is enough,' one source told the newspaper. "A delegation is being pulled together."
An admission from the team's senior management that they remained at a loss to explain the disappointing performance of this year's MCL33 was said to be the final straw.
"Members of the shop floor were so furious at what they saw as the incompetence of their leaders that they plan to enlist Whitmarsh’s support as a last-ditch attempt to help turn around the ailing team," said the report.
“I live locally and I bump into friends who work at McLaren," said Whitmarsh, who was team principal at McLaren until 2014. "They are disappointed with what is happening and remonstrate with me.
"Tim Goss's departure pitched me over the edge,' he admitted, referring to the recent departure of the team's chief technical officer.
"Tim has a fantastic intellect, and is a hard-working, non-political, value-adding member of the team. He was scapegoated."
The team's diversification into other championships such as a potential IndyCar venture has also fanned the flames of unrest.
“The team used to be all about winning in Formula 1," he said. "Now they are looking at other avenues — going to race in IndyCar and Le Mans, for example.
"They are great things in themselves, but McLaren going in that direction, rather than making Grand Prix racing their sole priority, makes me shudder."
Whitmarsh said he had sympathy for his former colleagues, and that he would be happy to play his part if recalled.
"If a delegation showed up at my door, I wouldn't turn them away," he confirmed. "They know where I am."

Sve OK, samo mislim da ga niko ne zove nazad.

#444 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,182 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 18:47

Sve OK, samo mislim da ga niko ne zove nazad.

S obzirom da je izvor Dejli Mejl, verovatno si u pravu. Ali bilo je i iz drugih izvora o nezadovoljstvu u ekipi nakon otkaza Gosu.

#445 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 21:10

McLaren respond to Martin Whitmarsh remarks about F1 team

The report claimed that some staff members were unhappy with the situation at Woking and were planning to present their views to Whitmarsh, who served as team principal between 2009 and 2014.

McLaren have now responded to the reported comments.

"Martin worked for McLaren for many years, but has been outside the business for some time and is not part of our future," a McLaren spokesman said in a statement to Sky Sports' F1 Report, which airs at 8.30pm on Wednesday.

"What he said was ill-judged and ill-informed in our view but he is entitled to his opinion.

"There are high expectations in the team and we won't compromise those high expectations.

"Everyone at McLaren is working tremendously hard and is focused on the future, not the past."

#446 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 27,727 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 21:20

Jbg, vi ste sami sebe doveli u svakodnevnu poziciju Ferrarija, sve ispod pobede je neuspeh. Očekivanja su očigledno bila predimenzionirana. Ta priča kako je Alonso bogotac i najbolji vozač na gridu, jebemliga, meni to stvarno ne pije vode, čovek je 12 godina bez titule i bez ikakve šanse, ni u promilima, da će je još nekad uzeti. Stoffel, samo solidna dvojka, tu negde kao Kovalainen, lošiji od Botasa.

Sad još i uleće kinta od nekog prdonje što prodaje cipele, nekretnine, džirlokuracpalac i kupuje sinu cepanici sedište za iduću sezonu, te fokus na Indy, te fokus na LMGP, na žalost, mislim da ste na najboljem putu da odete u tri qrtza i da poput Williamsa, nestanete iz F1 takmičenja. Vrlo su retki timovi koji su uspeli posle pada i godina mediokriteta da se vrate na sam vrh, u više navrata, u stvari to je samo jedan.

#447 staneC

staneC
  • Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:48

Ako stvarno misle u Indy i LMGP, piši kuči propalo u F1.

Čime, hebo vas bog blesava? Odakle pare?

Izjava PR majstora je klasična izjava " Nothing to see here". 

U fabrici mora da je žestoko nezadovoljstvo.

Kako kaže Ascari, put Williamsa je zebatenoran nakon priključenju Renaultu.

#448 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:50

Nije. Zato sto Meklaren proizvodi 3500 automobila godisnje i ne zavisi samo od Formule 1. Za razliku od Vilijamsa.

#449 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 27,727 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:38

Ja ne mislim da će McL da nestane kao kompanija, nego da će opstanak u F1 biti veliki problem.

#450 4_Webber

4_Webber
  • Members
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:12

Videcemo. Ja u to ne verujem, jer Meklaren ima daleko vise para nego Vilijams, koji uprkos svemu, na ovaj ili onaj nacin prezivljava vec 12 godina. A Meklaren nije ni blizu te situacije. To sto je ovaj Latifi upumpao 200 miliona dolara u Meklaren grupu zaista ne znaci nista u pogledu njegovog sina, koji je uzasan vozac. On sad ima 10% udela i sa tim ne moze da uradi nista povodom sina. Ako mu je to uopste i namera.