• 21,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 17:25

Ovde bi trebalo da bude strim: http://cricbox.net/b...ming-uk-hd-115/

#257 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 20:20

Borde odbranio pobedu nakon udesa Vikensa koji je dominirao trku i Rosija na restartu 2 kruga pre kraja. Kao sto se i ocekivalo dosta incidenata, narocito u prvoj polovini trke. Vikens je uglavnom kontrolisao trku i gubio je vodecu poziciju jedino kad bi isao u boks. Borde je nakon probusene gume u ranoj fazi trke vozio alternativnu strategiju i isao na stednju goriva da bi se nakon zadnje serije pitstopova nasao na trecem mestu ali dosta udaljen iza vodeceg dvojca Vikens-Rosi koji su celu drugu polovinu trke vodili zestoku borbu. Restart 6 krugova pre kraja zbog udesa Bindera je prosao cisto, ali vec u sledecem krugu slupao se Cilton. Novi restart 2 kruga pre kraja, Vikens je prvi put na trci pogresio i pruzio Rosiju sansu za preticanje. Ulaze u zadnju krivinu tocak uz tocak, Rosi na unutrasnjoj strani proklizava i udara Vikensa koji se okrece na stazi. To koriste Borde i Rehol (koji je startovao zadnji, i vozio odlicnu trku), izbijaju na prve dve pozicije, a Rosija koji je nastavio sa ostecenim bolidom spasava na trecem mestu zuta zastava...

#258 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 20:49

If the opener is any indication, the Verizon IndyCar Series is in for one of its wildest seasons in 2018.

Sebastien Bourdais repeated as winner of the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, but only after Robert Wickens and Alexander Rossi collided while battling for the lead on the next-to-last of 110 unpredictable laps around the tricky temporary street course.

For Bourdais, the spoils are the 37th victory of his Indy car career, which ranks the four-time season champion sixth on the all-time list. The driver of the No. 18 SealMaster Honda for Dale Coyne Racing trails Al Unser by two wins for fifth place.

Wickens, who started from the pole position in the No. 6 Lucas Oil Schmidt Peterson Motorsports after winning the Verizon P1 Award in qualifying on Saturday, was vying to become the first driver to win an Indy car race in his debut since Buzz Calkins in 1996 (at Walt Disney World Speedway). Others to do it were Nigel Mansell (1993, Surfers Paradise, Australia) and Graham Hill (1966, Indianapolis 500).

Wickens led a race-high 69 laps and was in front for a Lap 108 restart following a full-course caution to restart the stalled car of Max Chilton. On the restart, Rossi, in the No. 27 NAPA AUTO PARTS Honda for Andretti Autosport, attempted an inside pass of Wickens heading into Turn 1 at the end of the airport runway front straight, but his car slid wide and the two made contact.

Rossi was able to continue but Wickens’ car was disabled, bringing out the final caution flag of the race to end under yellow. Graham Rahal slipped past Rossi in the Turn 1 melee to grab second place, the best St. Petersburg finish for the No. 15 United Rentals Honda driver since he won the race in 2008.

James Hinchcliffe, Wickens’ teammate at Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, finished fourth in the No. 5 Arrow Electronics Honda. Ryan Hunter-Reay, Rossi’s teammate at Andretti Autosport, placed fifth in the No. 28 DHL Honda.

Verizon IndyCar Series competitors and fans have some time to catch their breath before the next race. The Phoenix Grand Prix will be run under the at ISM Raceway on Saturday, April 7. The race airs live at 9 p.m. ET on NBCSN and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network.

#259 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 21:04

Bourdais repeats at St. Pete as Wickens, Rossi crash
Sunday, 11 March 2018
By Robin Miller / Image by LePage/LAT

Bourdais_LePage.jpg

Alexander Rossi went for it, Robert Wickens got punted out of the lead and Sebastian Bourdais scored another unlikely victory at St. Pete in one of the craziest IndyCar season openers in recent memory Sunday afternoon.

Wickens, the rookie pole-sitter who led 69 of the 110 laps and drove flawlessly for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, was out in front with two laps to go on the restart when Rossi tried to dive under him going into Turn 1.

The 2016 Indianapolis 500 winner slid into Wickens and spun him while fighting for control, but Bourdais and Graham Rahal both got by him before the full-course yellow came on to end the 110-lap race.

"I need to see a video to know [what happened] for sure. I didn't get the best restart in the world but that didn't matter," Wickens said. "I braked late into T1, I defended a bit, I gave him space on the inside and he couldn't keep it and I guess he just slid into me."

"It would have been a fairytale to finish that one out but I guess it wasn't to be. Just happy that I was competitive this weekend."

So Bourdais, who came from last to first here a year ago with some nifty strategy and help from timely cautions, repeated his performance by using pace and seven full-course yellows to come from 14th to first.

"This one is emotional because we had overcome a few bumps and rolls and a bald tire and a few broken bones," said the 39-year-old veteran from France who was badly injured last May during qualifying at Indianapolis.

"I couldn't be happier for the team, it's a tiny group but they work their tails off. I was heartbroken for Robert but for us ... I can't quite put it into words."

Driving for Dale Coyne, Bourdais led a Honda rout as Rahal went from 24th to second in his RLL Honda, Rossi wound up third in his Andretti Honda, James Hinchcliffe was fourth in the other SPM Honda and Ryan Hunter-Reay placed fifth in the another Andretti Honda.

Defending IndyCar champ Josef Newgarden was the highest-finishing Chevy in seventh place.

The race began with Will Power trying to wrestle away the lead from Wickens on the outside, only to see the two-time St. Pete winner spin as he put the power down in Turn 2.

On the restart, rookie Jordan King got underneath Wickens to take the lead but that was short-lived as he went wide on Lap 7 and Wickens reclaimed the top spot. The Canadian who was trying to become the first driver to win his debut since Buzz Calkins in 1996 at Orlando, maintained the lead for 24 of the final 25 laps and repeatedly held off Rossi’s charge.

The new aero kit proved to be a handful all afternoon for champions and newcomers alike. Scott Dixon plowed into Takuma Sato and Rahal punted Spencer Pigot – both in Turn 1 where Rossi contacted Wickens – while rookies Matheus Leist and Jack Harvey made heavy contact with the wall in separate incidents.

Stay tuned for updates.

#260 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 21:07

#261 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 00:05

Alexander Rossi thinks there's no reason he couldn't go for the move that led to the collision with race leader Robert Wickens, ruining the day for two of the strongest cars all race long.

"They made it very clear in the drivers' meeting that the rule on blocking was you can't move in reaction," Rossi said of his attempt, which was reviewed by IndyCar with no action taken. "If [Wickens] defended the inside, initially, yeah, out of Turn 13 or even halfway down the straight, and then I continued to go to the inside down the white line, then yeah, that's my decision and that's putting my car in danger, but there's no reason why I can't pop and stay next to him.

"I don't have to be all four cars in the part of the track that – all four wheels on the part of the track nobody goes on."

The restart with two laps to go could have been a do-over for Rossi, who had a chance on a lap 106 restart that ended with a small slide and loss of about two seconds. Knowing it was going to be hard to catch Wickens a second time – "I put a lot of pressure on him and he didn't make a mistake [on the second-to-last restart]" – Rossi said he got the push-to-pass call and had a jump and moved inside to try for the lead once again.

"Normally they don't allow Push-to-Pass on restarts," he said. "You'd normally have to do a timed lap before you did it, but because of the late call to go green that lap, they allowed it, and I actually got the call when I was in the middle of Turn 13 and 14.

"So I had a big jump on Rob, and he got to the Push-to-Pass pretty late. The run was perfect for me going into Turn 1, and I knew there wasn't going to be very many other opportunities. Obviously he had a good car all day, and they did a great job.

"Yeah, made the pop. He defended the position, which he has the right to do, but in doing so, in moving the reaction, he put me into the marbles pretty late into the corner. It's difficult with these cars and with how much we're sliding around in the first place, even on the racing line.

"When you're put in the marbles, it's hairy. Super unfortunate. Like you never want to see that happen. I feel bad because I feel like I could have won and he could have gotten second. You never want to see that happen, but nevertheless, it was a great job by the whole team all weekend."

Asked if braking earlier could have stopped a collision or if his "goose was cooked," as soon as he hit the brake pedal, Rossi responded: "My goose was totally rare until he continued to move in the braking zone and put me even more into the marbles.

"I had no problem pulling it up. I wasn't locked up or anything.

For his part, Wickens said if Rossi wanted to make the move, "go for it."

“I need to see it before I comment on anything but I didn’t really want to defend too hard because there was so much marbles offline so I figured if Alexander wants to go there, go for it," he said.

"I gave him space around the outside. I broke late. I made the corner and then we had some contact and obviously it put me into a spin into the wall. I ended my day with one lap left in the race. Not the way I imagined the day going for me or my Lucas Oil guys.

Robert Wickens says that confusion over the pace car lights contributed to the poor final restart that exposed him to the ill-fated attack from Alexander Rossi in the closing stages of the IndyCar curtain-raiser at St Petersburg on Sunday.

The Canadian rookie had controlled much of the race in his Schmidt Peterson Motorsport entry and comfortably held the pursuing Rossi at bay during another restart a few laps earlier.

But for the last restart, the safety car lights did not turn off to indicate the imminent return to green. Rossi remained close enough to launch an attack as they entered Turn 1, resulting in contact that dumped Wickens from P1 to P18.

"I don't know what the series was doing really, but it never turned the lights off the pace car, and they did an entirely different pace car procedure than what they had done every other yellow flag procedure the whole day," he said. "As the leader I didn't have my opportunity to control the pace because if we had just followed the pace car the whole time, then he just came into the pit. So I want some explanation on that, to be honest with you."

Following the race, IndyCar issued a statement conceding that the lights had remained on, but confirming that all other protocol had been followed:

"INDYCAR acknowledged that the pace car lights remained on for the race's final restart, but the radio call for an impending restart was communicated by race control and the pace car pulled off the track as it had in previous situations."

#262 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:30

"He carried on to a podium, and I ended up in the fence" - Wickens
Sunday, 11 March 2018
By Marshall Pruett / Image by IMS Photo

Wickens_walk_IMSP.jpeg

Canadian IndyCar rookie Robert Wickens belonged atop the podium in his debut race for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Starting from pole, Wickens led five times, totaling 69 laps in the 110-lap contest, and had the makings of a fairytale beginning in his hands.

That story took an unpredictable turn when contact with Alexander Rossi during a confusing restart pitched the No. 6 SPM Honda into the wall on Lap 109. And with the Andretti Autosport driver holding on to finish third, the race's most dominant driver was not impressed with being relegated to 18th at the checkered flag.

"Obviously it didn't end well at all," he said. "But the restart was the restart. I felt like I wasn't able to get the jump that I needed to get a gap. We both were on the Push-to-Pass. He obviously got a slipstream.

"I defended a little bit, but then I realized if I went any further, it would have been a blocking, so I opened up, let him take the inside and just broke as late as possible and gave him enough space on the inside. And from my point of view, he broke too late, the track was too dirty off line. It's been terrible there all day. It's been a battle all weekend. Even in warm-up it was really hard whenever you tried it.

"But my opinion, he just went too deep, locked the rears and slid into me. There's really no other explanation to it. The only pity is he carried on to a podium, and I ended up in the fence."

The Verizon IndyCar Series handed out a penalty earlier in the race to Chip Ganassi Racing's Scott Dixon for avoidable contact. After adding more details about the Turn 1 surface conditions, Wickens found it odd that Rossi escaped without one of his own during the last two laps. And with the final race results locked into place shortly after the race with Rossi firmly in third, the case appeared to be closed.

"I was so slippery on the paint, on braking almost everywhere, but that kind of carried through the whole weekend, so it wasn't really a big surprise, but it actually online got pretty grippy by the end in Turn 1, but on the contrary it made offline even worse," he said.

"Passing was always tough. You never knew how hard to go or how late to do it. But I think maybe Alex found the limit because as far as I'm aware, he's not getting a penalty for what he did, which is kind of interesting to me."

Beyond his obvious frustration, Wickens gave credit to his SPM team that, until the race-ending contact, was on pace to record the best performance in the field after teammate James Hinchcliffe came home fourth.

"I want to make it very clear I'm very proud of the job that I did today," he added. "I mean, there's no – for sure I'm disappointed, but in your rookie race – also, honestly, that's why I didn't really fight him that hard. I gave him more than enough space on the inside because even if I finished P2, I would have been ecstatic. It's just a shame. The day went so well, the whole weekend went so well, getting a surprise pole, and to be honest, even myself, I'm like, can I convert this into a full 110-lap race?

"And I think we've proved to a lot of people that we could, and the team is capable of it. I just felt like I was in a good zone today. We controlled the pace. I could build a gap when I needed to build a gap. I was hitting the fuel targets we had set and still building gaps. It was just a good day until the 109th lap."

#263 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:31

Honda sweeps St. Pete podium, eight of top 10 spots
Sunday, 11 March 2018
By Marshall Pruett / Image by Levitt/LAT

Honda_podium_1.jpg

Honda-powered drivers swept the podium and earned eight of the top 10 positions in the field as the Verizon IndyCar Series' engine wars got under way in St. Petersburg.

Chevy certainly had its chances to spoil the Honda party that put Sebastien Bourdais in Victory Lane along with Graham Rahal and Alexander Rossi. But early contact for front-row starter Will Power from Team Penske and a variety of maladies for other Bowtie contenders ensured the 2.2-liter twin-turbo V6 engines produced by Honda Performance Development in California won the first battle.

"That was a great way to start the season!" said HPD president Art St. Cyr. "It's always nice to see all the hard work put in by the HPD associates rewarded after a very busy off-season. Congratulations to Sebastien Bourdais for his repeat victory at his hometown event; to the Dale Coyne organization, and to new Honda team co-owners Jimmy Vasser and James Sullivan. Also, congratulations to Graham for his run from last at the start to second at the checkers."

St. Cyr extended his sympathies for polesitter Robert Wickens, who lost out on a chance at scoring a debut win after an unsuccessful passing attempt by Rossi ended his day.

"I feel bad for Robbie [Wickens] after such a dominant performance," he said. "He clearly proved that he and the entire Schmidt Peterson Motorsports group are going to be a force to be reckoned with going forward."

Penske's Josef Newgarden rallied from a 13th-place starting position to take seventh, which led all Chevy runners.

"It was a messy P7 but for us it was a good top 10," said the defending series champion. "It's a decent start to the year. We had a great Chevy package – it's just sad we couldn't take better advantage of it. I felt we had really good power today from Chevrolet. The Hitachi car, overall, was pretty strong. We were just fighting all day to catch back up and we were on the wrong end on the fuel mileage and getting run into and cutting the tire didn't help us. But I think if a couple of things would've gone differently, I really think a podium finish was in the cards for today."

#264 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:48

• paultracyblacklabelbaggers
Everyone wants my opinion on @robertwickens and @alexanderrossi ... well I'm bummed for Bobby wick , but ultimately the door was left wide open big enough to drive a Mac truck in there . Rossi went for it and that is what he is paid to do is win . Next time wick won't leave the door open , he has a amazing future ahead of him , today was a hard lesson learned . @vasserj told me a long time ago , better have eyes in the back of your head brother ... #whatwouldpauldo

#265 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 16:56

Kompletan snimak:

#266 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 18:16

Tracy would make the same move as Rossi
Monday, 12 March 2018
By Marshall Pruett / Image by LePage/LAT

crash2.jpg

If anyone was going to side with Robert Wickens after being knocked out of the lead and a potential win in St. Petersburg, it's his countryman, Paul Tracy. The Don of Canadian IndyCar racing, however, wasn't swayed by love of country or his strong affinity for the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports rookie in reviewing the incident between Wickens and Andretti Autosport's Alexander Rossi.

"By all accounts, Wickens had an amazing first weekend in IndyCar, and he's an amazing talent," Tracy told RACER. "I've known him since he was a baby; his parents had me take a picture with him at the [Toronto] Molson Indy race when he was an infant, and then he was with my team where I won the [Champ Car] championship, Forsythe Racing, in Atlantics when he was 15 or 16, before he ventured off to Europe. So I've known him a long time. And I feel bad for him the way it ended.

"But in reality, it looks like he didn't get a great restart, didn't protect the inside, left the door wide open, and I can see it from Rossi's perspective. If it was me, I would have drove it down the f*****g inside as well. You could've driven a Mack truck through there. I would have been disappointed in Rossi if he didn't go for it. Rossi went for it, ultimately, they banged wheel to wheel, and he hip-checked Wickens out of the way. But the door was left open and that's what racing is."

Although Tracy was impressed by the class Wickens displayed after losing a race he dominated from pole position, he's hoping for some interpersonal drama to build—akin to what PT had with Sebastien Bourdais in Champ Car.

"I do think he handled himself with class, but I'd like to see some rivalries," he continued. "I'd like to see him say, 'to hell with him. Next, race, I'm getting you back.' And I want to see Rossi change his 'Mr. Nice Guy' thing and become the villain. People are talking right now and people are going crazy over it on social media, and it would be nice to them get after each other. I like Rossi; he races hard all the time, but then he gets out of the car and is quiet. But you can be quiet and be the villain."

#267 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 14:22

IndyCar’s season-opening race in St Petersburg yesterday featured 366 overtaking moves according to the championship, a figure which dwarfs the total seen in a typical F1 race.

Sunday’s race was the first for the IndyCar’s new, lower-downforce aero kit on its standard-specification Dallara DW12 chassis. The series credited the new design for producing a lively race.

“The new car produced incredible racing throughout the field, as there were a record 366 on-track passes to break the old race record of 323 set in 2008,” said the championship in a statement. Yesterday’s raced was run in dry conditions whereas the 2008 race was affected by rain.

Last year Formula One saw an average of 21.75 passes per race and a total of 435 for the entire season according to data published by Pirelli.

#268 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 16:18

Konacno i zvanicni rezultati trke:

http://www.imscdn.co...raceresults.pdf

#269 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 18:10

Srecan 31. rodjendan:

indycar-mid-ohio-2016-marco-andretti-and

#270 romantik

romantik
  • Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 18:33

Ovo za preticnja ne moze biti tacno! Verovatno su uracunali i obilazenje kroz boksove kao i za ceo krug.