Photo
- - - - -

IMSA i WEC 2018/19 (sportski prototipovi)

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#31 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:23

Uh pazi vest:

Zanardi to enter 2019 Rolex 24 in modified BMW
Friday, 15 December 2017
By Mark Glendenning / Image courtesy BMW Motorsport

ZanardiBMW.jpg

Alex Zanardi will contest the 2019 24 Hours of Daytona in a modified BMW M8 GTE.

The 51-year-old's plans were announced in a Tweet from BMW Motorsport on Friday.

For the next year, Zanardi and the BMW Motorsport engineers will work on a new brake system which will allow him to race without his artificial limbs.

“I am delighted that we will be working with Alessandro Zanardi on this new project in 2018," BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt said. "It was his great desire to return to North America for another big race. We are only too happy to make that possible. The fans at Daytona can look forward to a real highlight with Alex and the BMW M8 GTE in 2019.”

One of the heroes of the CART era, where he won back-to-back titles in 1997 and 1998, Zanardi's career was turned on its head when he lost both legs in a massive accident at the Lausitzring in 2001.

He later completed an unlikely return to racing driving modified BMWs in the WTCC, where he picked up four race wins, and more recently in the Blancpain Series. Outside of motorsport, he also swiftly rose through the ranks of international handcycle racing, winning multiple high-profile events on his way to securing four gold medals and two silvers at the London and Rio Paralympics in 2012 and 2016, respectively.

:hail:

Dejtona 24h ce biti ludilo - Alonso, Zanardi, Montoja, Kastroneves, Strol, pola Indikar grida... :wub:

#32 romantik

romantik
  • Members
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:34

Ovo je za 2019, ne verujem da ce Alonso i dogodine voziti.

#33 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 16:23

Da jbg ja corav od ociju! :(

#34 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 15:34

Ovo sam valjda dobro procitao:

A third current F1 driver looks set to contest the iconic Daytona 24 hour sports car race next month.

It was already known that Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll will appear at the famous race in the US in January.

Ekstra Bladet newspaper is now reporting that Haas driver Kevin Magnussen could also be there, as he is "close" to a deal for a seat in the prototype class.

The report said Magnussen's deal is being helped by Dallara, a joint partner of both the Haas team and the Daytona outfit Action Express Racing.

Magnussen's father Jan is set to contest Daytona in the sports car class in a Corvette.

Haas would not comment on Ekstra Bladet's report.

#35 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 16:30

Racing Team Nederland is set to become the first Dallara-equipped LMP2 team in the full FIA World Endurance Championship, as the team announced at midnight in the Netherlands that it would enter the full 2018/19 FIA WEC 'Super Season'.

The team, backed by Dutch supermarket magnate Frits van Eerd, debuted in the LMP2 class in 2017 with a full season in the European Le Mans Series. RTN also raced at the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours, where van Eerd and his full-season driving partner, 1988 Le Mans 24 Hours winner and ex -hadow, ATS, Ensign, Theodore and March F1 driver Jan Lammers, were joined for F1 legend Rubens Barrichello.

The move to the FIA WEC is believed to be based in no small part on the potential pressure of availability of Le Mans entries in 2018 and 2019 for ELMS entrants. An FIA WEC entry assuring the team of a place on the grid at Le Mans for the next two runnings of the race, both of which form rounds of the 2018/19 WEC season as the calendar transitions to a winter-based future competition.

The Dallara chassis has only previously appeared in the WEC at Le Mans with the debut season of the new Gibson V8-powered class seeing the entire full season entry of nine cars choose the ORECA 07 chassis, though a Ligier JS P217 car did make a pair of appearances in the 6-hour races in 2017.

The proposed entry brings the potential combined LMP1 and LMP2 entry very close to 50% of the proposed maximum full season WEC entry of 34 cars, while the combined GTE Pro and GTE Am entry looks set to be oversubscribed as the WEC attempts to balance the numbers across the combined LMP1 and LMP2 field with their GTE brethren.

Ipak nista od Magnusena mladjeg na 24h Dejtone:

Kevin Magnussen will contest neither the Daytona or Le Mans sports car races next year.

We had reported that the Haas driver was in talks about taking part in the Daytona 24 hour race in January, on the same track as fellow F1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll.

Magnussen told the Danish newspaper BT: "There was some talks with a team, but for a variety of reasons there is no deal. It will have to be another time.

"There's also no chance that I will do Le Mans this year," he added.

#36 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:51

Jackie Chan DC Racing JOTA has announced that Antonio Felix Da Costa and Ferdinand Habsburg will join the driver roster for the team's two LMP2 cars at next month's Rolex 24 At Daytona. The pair join team regulars Ho-Pin Tung and Alex Brundle in the team's second ORECA 07.

The Honda of America Race Team, comprised of employees who field privateer entries under the HART banner, has enlisted ELMS LMP3 champions Sean Rayhall and John Falb for the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona in its No. 69 Acura NSX GT3. They join team leader Chad Gilsinger and Acura factory driver Ryan Eversley, who will lead the team as it graduates from the Continental Tire Series to IMSA's North American Endurance Cup in 2018.

#37 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:38

Sledece sedmice, januara 5-7 voze se prvi testovi pred 24h Dejtone. Listu prijavljenih ucesnika za test mozete videti ovde:

http://www.racer.com..._Entry_List.pdf

#38 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 15:25

Spirit of Daytona Cadillac DPi revealed
Monday, 01 January 2018
Images courtesy of Spirit of Daytona Racing
26114026_10156113240657193_5175792673118

Spirit of Daytona Racing has released the first images of its new Cadillac Daytona Prototype international ahead of this weekend's 'Roar Before the 24' test at Daytona.

Spirit of Daytona announced Dec. 22 that Tristan Vautier and Matt McMurry will lead the driving team on its return to General Motors as a factory Cadillac DPi-V.R squad in 2018.

26166420_10156113082327193_3531031984999

TDS Racing confirms WEC return
Thursday, 28 December 2017
By Stephen Kilbey / Images by JEP/LAT & Trienitz/LAT

RE_Friday4_106.jpg

French LMP2 outfit TDS Racing has confirmed that it will return to the FIA World Endurance Championship for the 2018/19 season, after completing its first year in global ACO competition in 2017.

The team will race with a revised driver line-up in its ORECA 07-Gibson (pictured above) in the LMP2 class, former Audi LMP1 driver Loic Duval joining 2017 drivers Francois Perrodo and Matthieu Vaxiviere. It will not be Duval's first ride with the team, after the Frenchman competed with its G-Drive Racing-entered ORECA at the end of this season at Bahrain.

Duval will race in the seat filled by veteran sports car driver Emmanuel Collard, who has worked with Perrodo as a driver coach and co-driver through recent seasons, including sharing the WEC GTE Am title in 2016. As a result of this change, Collard will not will drive for TDS Racing in 2018/19.

"During our 2017 WEC season, François and Matthieu have shown continuous improvements in LMP2 racing, they have consolidated their driving skills and race craft in what has proved to be an extremely competitive environment," Xavier Combet, TDS's team manager said. "Building on this experience, we have decided to go on and to take a new step by entering an LMP2 car in the 2018/2019 WEC Super Season.

"Teamed with Loic Duval, who has a very strong experience in endurance, this second WEC season for us promises to be very exciting. We can't wait to get back on the World Endurance Championship circuits, and challenge the other LMP2 teams and drivers."

Perrodo's return for a second season of WEC LMP2 action was a hard decision to make. The Frenchman, who told RACER earlier in the year that the ELMS may have been a better option in 2018, says the changes to the WEC for 2018/19 convinced him to continue.

"The 2017 season was very exciting but to be honest, it was also difficult." he said. "I not only discovered prototype driving but also a very strong competition – the challenge was huge and definitely up to my expectations.

"At the end of the season, I considered seriously ELMS or even a return to GT racing, but after the ACO decisions regarding the new WEC and considering the pleasure I've had driving these wonderful cars, I decided to stay in WEC for another season. And what a season we will have! To race the Le Mans 24 Hours twice and discover Sebring in just over a year's time is the stuff of dream for a gentleman driver.

"In addition, I will have Matthieu and Loic on my side. Not only is Matthieu a very fast driver, but he is also one of my best friends. Loic has a solid endurance racing experience; he is a great race driver who shares our values: cohesion and team spirit which to us, are the keys to pleasure and competitiveness. My objective is clear: Improve my LMP2 racing skills, have fun, and hopefully score a few podiums."

2017-DTM-Nrbg-AT2-0787.jpg

For Duval (above), this program will mark his full-time return to the WEC. His last full-time campaign was in 2016, when he competed with Audi Sport in its final year of LMP1 Hybrid competition.

"I am very happy to come back to the WEC and the 24 Hours of Le Mans alongside my Audi program, and more over I am very excited about the environment in which I will compete," he said. "TDS Racing is a very professional race team, but with strong family values.

"Not only is this season going to be great fun [but] I am looking forward to help Francois improve and be Matthieu's wing man. I would like to thank both of them for this great opportunity. I can't wait to race in the LMP2 category, which had some classic fights last season."

#39 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 15:34

D3+Transformers to miss Rolex 24
Wednesday, 03 January 2018
Marshall Pruett

DJOGGZaUIAARbRO.jpeg

The D3+Transformers Prototype team will not participate in this weekend's Roar Before the 24 or the Rolex 24 at Daytona later this month.

Multiple calls to team principal Simon Dawson, who founded the effort with his father Ian, went unreturned in recent weeks, and on Wednesday, the Texas-based squad confirmed its absence from the 2018 IMSA season-opener.

"We've had a few delays, as often happens with a new team, new car, new infrastructure," said Ian Dawson. "Although we would love to commence the season at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, it is also one of the most grueling races in the world. We decided that rather than rush with a new car not yet tested, new drivers, new team, to try to make the Roar Before the 24 test days at Daytona the first week of January and then the race just over two weeks later, we would delay our race start."

Despite the program's public announcement in early October at Petit Le Mans, the ensuing months did not deliver the desired progress in receiving a new Ligier JS P217 in order to participate in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship's biggest event.

"We would like to do a proper testing program in the U.S. with our new Onroak Ligier Gibson LMP2 in January and February, and go into the 12 Hours of Sebring in March with a solid team structure," Dawson added. "This will also allow us to finalize further details with our core partners and best be able to enter the season in a position of strength."

#40 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 19:05

Cadillac roars early at Daytona
Friday, 05 January 2018
By J.J. O'Malley / Image by Marshall Pruett

Roar24_2018_Friday_MarshallPruett_362.jp

Cadillac came out of the blocks strong in the 'Roar Before the Rolex 24' test, sweeping the top four positions in the the opening practice session of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season.

Joao Barbosa led the 75-minute practice with a lap of 1m37.266 in the No. Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPi-V.R., followed by Ranger van der Zande in the No. Konica-Minolta Cadillac, Tristan Vautier in the 90 Spirit of Daytona entry and Felipe Nasr in the No. 31 Whelen Engineering car. The Cadillacs are now running with a de-stroked 5.5 liter V8 engine – compared to the 6.2 liter powerplant that carried the marque to seven victories and the championship in 2017.

"Being fastest in the opening session is not important at all," Barbosa said. "We're just going through our test plan which is working really well, and we're happy to see that our car is running as well as it did here last year. We still have a lot of boxes that we need to check to be ready for the 24 Hours. Obviously, we can always improve, but we're happy to be fast right now."

Colin Braun was fastest of the LMP2 Prototypes, running 1m38.041 in the No. 54 CORE autosport ORECA 07-Gibson.

Richard Westbrook led the GTLM category, 1m44.095 in the No. 67 Ford Chip Ganassi Ford GT, while Ralf Ineichen was fastest in GTD, 1m47.104 in the No. 11 Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

All but four of the 50 entries participated in the uneventful session, run under sunny skies but a chilly 40 degrees. Neither of the Mazda DPis posted a time.

NEXT UP: FP2, 3:30-5:30 p.m. ET.

Click here for full results.

Alonso i drugari na 6. mestu, drugi u LMP2 klasi.

Penskiji u DPi klasi neocekivano slabi, 9. i 14. mesto ukupno...

#41 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 21:54

#42 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:05

Jedna od legendi odlazi u penziju:

Pruett to retire after Rolex 24
Friday, 05 January 2018
J.J. O'Malley / Image by Dole, Ethan/LAT

RD_DTW_17_0154.jpg

The upcoming Rolex 24 At Daytona will be Scott Pruett's final appearance as a driver.

"As an athlete, if you're fortunate to have a long and successful career, and lucky enough to come to the end on your terms you're truly blessed, and I am," Pruett said to preface his surprise remarks to the media in attendance at the Roar Before the Rolex 24. "You've been asking me this question for a long time and I've kept you in the dark, and today, after 50 years of racing, the 2018 Rolex 24 At Daytona will be my last race."

Pruett – who began his career racing karts at age eight – will drive the 3GT Racing No. 15 Lexus RCF GT3 with Jack Hawksworth, David Heinmeier Hansson and Dominik Farnbacher in his 28th appearance in the Daytona classic. Pruett first competed at Daytona in 1985, and went on to score a record-tying five overall victories among a record 10 class triumphs.

His career includes competing three times in the Indianapolis 500, where he was co-rookie of the year in 1989. He won the 1995 Michigan 500 among two CART victories, and raced in the 2000 Daytona 500 during a brief stint at NASCAR's premier level. He also won the 1991 IROC event at Daytona, beating Bill Elliott to the wire in his comeback less than a year following a major accident in testing.

However, it's in sports cars were he will be remembered. He won three Trans-Am titles and the IMSA Camel GTO crown twice early in his career, and in his comeback with Chip Ganassi Racing captured five titles between 2004 and 2012 [below]. Overall, he's scored a record 60 victories in major sports car competition.

090912_LS_BC17627.jpg

"Even though I've had achievements in other forms of racing, sports cars is where my heart is," Pruett said. "I totally dug doing Indy cars for 10 years and my NASCAR stint, but overall, I think people will remember me for sports cars. By far, sport cars was my thing. I loved the competition. From IMSA to Grand-Am and back to IMSA, the thing that was constant was the competition."

Two of Pruett's Rolex 24 victories have been with 3GT team owner Paul Gentilozzi, winning overall in 1994 in a GTS class Clayton Cunningham Nissan and in 2002 in the GTS category in a Jaguar fielded by Gentilozzi.

"To come to a race like this, it's not driver, it's drivers, and it's team," Pruett said. "There are so many elements that are a part of it, and to win as many times as I've had makes it even that more special."

Gentilozzi said that having Pruett in his lineup is a plus for his race team.

"Those who know him know how driven he is to succeed," Gentilozzi said. "Scott raises the level of expectation of everybody on your team. He makes you do your job."

Away from the track, Pruett owns and operates an award-winning winery – Pruett Vineyard. He will also continue in a role as an ambassador for Lexus.

"Now I will be spending a little more time with my family," Pruett said. "The wine business has gone far beyond my expectations. Twice I've had the highest-rated Syrah in the world by Wine Spectator – and I'm the winemaker – and it's a family business. I've also extended my relationship with Lexus, being able to out and drive fun cars and promote a brand that I truly love."

While he might miss the competition, there's one element of retirement that Pruett is looking forward to enjoying.

"Not having to go out in that damn workout room every day and sitting on a rower or an elliptical," he said. "It's been so many years of working out. All my training is indoors, and I can tell you, it's incredibly boring, and I've been doing it for years and years and years! Now I'm looking forward to going out and having an incredible final race in the Rolex 24."

#43 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:06

Massa makes Daytona visit
Friday, 05 January 2018
By Marshall Pruett (words & image)

Roar24_2018_Friday_MarshallPruett_183.jp

Recently retired Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa was a surprise visitor to the 'Roar Before the 24' at Daytona International Speedway on Friday.

The Brazilian, who spent the 2017 season mentoring F1 rookie Lance Stroll at the Williams Grand Prix team, spent the opening practice session hopping from pit to pit as he visited with F1 friends and countrymen.

"I'm just here to see some friends," Massa told RACER. "There's a lot of people to see."

Massa's first stop came in the United Autosports pit where he spent time with McLaren's Fernando Alonso (pictured) and McLaren team principal/United Autosports owner Zak Brown. The 11-time F1 race winner moved next door to the Jackie Chan/DC Racing team where Stroll is making his second Daytona start.

The young Canadian was delighted by Massa's appearance, and at the end of the session, a final stop was made in the Acura Team Penske pits after he was waved in by Helio Castroneves.

With Paul di Resta – who stepped into Massa's Williams last year at Hungary – in the field at United Autosports with Alonso, Daytona has its strongest F1 representation in decades with active drivers, part-timers, and a recent graduate of grand prix racing.

#44 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:08

Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso turns his first laps at Daytona International Speedway as part of the Roar Before the 24 test with the United Autosports IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Prototype team.

#45 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:09

Albuquerque Cadillac leads second Roar session
Friday, 05 January 2018
By J.J. O'Malley / Image by Marshall Pruett

Roar24_2018_Friday_MarshallPruett2_136.j

Filipe Albuquerque took over where teammate Joao Barbosa left off in Friday's second free practice session at the Roar Before the 24, putting the No. 5 Action Express Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPi-V.R. at the top of the scoring chart for the second straight session.

Albuquerque led the two-hour session, 1m37.196s, a few ticks quicker than Barbosa's best lap of 1m37.266s in the morning practice of the opening event on the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season.

Colin Braun broke up the Cadillac logjam with the second-best lap of the afternoon, 1m37.303s in the No. 54 CORE autosport ORECA 07-Gibson. Cadillacs took the next two positions, Renger van der Zande in the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac and Tristan Vautier in the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona entry, followed by the two Jackie Chan DCR JOTA ORECA 07-Gibsons of Ho-Pin Tung and Robin Frijns.

The session saw both Mazda Team Joest RT-24Ps take to the track for the first time, with Jonathan Bomarito quickest in the No. 55 entry at 1m38.876s, good for 15th of the 20 Prototypes. The team missed the opening practice due to the late arrival of new parts.

The Porsche GT Team ran 1-2 in GTLM, led by Laurens Vanthoor, 1m44.065s in the No. 912 Porsche 911 RSR, the best lap of the day in that category. He was followed by Nick Tandy, 1m44.141s in the team's No. 911 entry.

The No. 11 Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracan GT3 led GTD for the second straight session, with a lap of 1m47.175s by Franco Perera. Ralf Ineichen set the fast lap of the class in the morning, 1m47.104s.

The two-hour session, run in chilly 49-degree temperatures, was slowed by three brief red flag periods. Eddie Cheever III had light contact with an infield tire barrier but was able to continue in the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona Cadillac DPi. There were also a pair of tows for the stopped No. 51 Spirit of Race Ferrari 488 GT3 of Daniel Serra and the No. 38 Performance Tech Motorsports ORECA of James French.

NEXT UP: FP3, Saturday 10:50 am. – 12:20 p.m. ET.