Scuderia Toro Rosso 2017

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 19:33

Imam utisak da su se Marko i ekipa ozbiljno pogubili, Kfiat za Meksiko opet ide na klupu iako je imao sasvim solidnu trku, a Hartli ostaje :-1:

Rus je dead man odavno. Držali su ga iz nužde.

#47 Jurgen

Jurgen
  • Members
  • 6,514 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 19:57

Znači Max opet pobeđuje?

#48 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 20:10

Znači Max opet pobeđuje?

:lol+:

#49 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:55

Dixon praises Hartley’s F1 debut
Tuesday, 24 October 2017
By Marshall Pruett / Images by Red Bull Content Pool, Spinney/LAT

Hartley_STR-RBCP.jpg

Scott Dixon looked on with pride as countryman Brendon Hartley impressed on his Formula 1 debut with Scuderia Toro Rosso at Circuit of The Americas.

The New Zealander, a four-time Verizon IndyCar Series champion and winner of the 2008 Indy 500, has long served as an inspiration to younger Kiwis who've followed in his international footsteps. Whether it's Hartley, Porsche LMP1 teammate and fellow Le Mans winner Earl Bamber, or Australian Supercars champion Shane van Gisbergen, Dixon has maintained a watchful eye on their progress throughout the globe.

After Hartley overcame grid penalties accrued by former STR drivers that relegated his entry to the last row, the 27-year old recovered from a slow start to make several on-track passes on his way to finishing 13th for Red Bull's junior team.

"It was fantastic, and I think it surprised a lot of people," Dixon told RACER. "Having known Brendon since he was a young boy, and looking at his junior career and all he achieved, he was pressured a lot from an early age where they had him doing three series at once. So it's good to see he's become a huge talent, and that he isn't really fazed by pressure. It was a proud day for New Zealand."

Hartley has been fortunate to drive for Porsche in its 919 Hybrid, which could be the most advanced and complex road racing car in the world. It made learning the intricacies of his STR12 chassis less of a nightmare, for sure, but familiarity with a cutting-edge Le Mans Prototype made for endurance competition was never going to translate directly to mastering his new F1 machine. Not in one weekend at COTA, according to Dixon.

"It's always a tough situation," he said. "You've always got people on both sides of the fences judging how you're doing, so all you can do is see how he's done against his teammate. He did well, and he's been thrown in at the deep end with no testing, and he was up against guys who've got almost a full season of F1 racing behind them.

"It's learning everything at once in the heat of battle; standing starts, pit stops, all of the electronics to stay on top of, tire degradation, and then trying to manage those things to perfection. It's a tall task to come right in and not make a fool of yourself. It shows the depth that he has to keep it all under control and go out there and make forward progress in the race."

Prior to Hartley's last-minute call-up by STR, 33 years had passed since the grand prix grid featured a Kiwi. And prior to Mike Thackwell's solo run for the tiny RAM team, F1 legends Chris Amon, Denny Hulme and Bruce McLaren were the standard bearers for Antipodean drivers.

Despite two F1 tests with the Williams-BMW team in 2004 (below), Dixon served as the closest New Zealand had come to F1 until Hartley was signed as a test driver for STR in 2008 and continued in that role with STR, Red Bull and Mercedes before turning his attention to sports car racing in 2014.

Dixon_06.jpg

"It's hard for smaller countries like ours where we don't have big companies behind young drivers," he said. "Hopefully, things like what's happened with Brendon is the start of F1 getting back to hiring the best talent instead of relying on the biggest checkbooks."

Based on what STR saw during three days in COTA, Hartley got the nod for this weekend's Mexican Grand Prix over Daniil Kyvat. It's a heady endorsement that, on the surface, could be interpreted as the team wanting to further evaluate Hartley for a seat in 2018.

Although he's believed to have signed on as Dixon's IndyCar teammate at Chip Ganassi Racing after Porsche announced its upcoming exit from the FIA WEC, it's hard to say whether the Kiwi will stay on a trajectory toward America or receive a buyout offer from STR.

Wherever Hartley lands, he can count on continued support from Dixon.

"The biggest thing for me is I hope he gets a fair shake in F1," he said. "He's definitely on good terms, and in the good book of [Red Bull advisor] Helmut Marko, if there is such a thing, and I think it goes a long way, which is why he was called upon. They know how good he is, and all he's done in the other categories since he was last with them has obviously seen him grow immensely. I just want Brendon to have a chance to show what he's become."

#50 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 14:18

Brendon Hartley will switch racing numbers for this weekend’s Mexican Grand Prix.

The Toro Rosso driver ran as number 39, one of Toro Rosso’s reserve driver numbers, when he made his debut last weekend at the Circuit of the Americas. Hartley, who is set to see out the rest of the season with the team, has now chosen to use number 28.

“It was a steep learning curve in Austin last week so I’m looking forward to putting some of the lessons learnt into practice this weekend here in Mexico,” said Hartley, who won the World Endurance Championship round at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit last month.

“It’s a tricky venue for the engineers, as the high altitude plays havoc on downforce and cooling, but from a driving point of view it’s a great track and one I really enjoy.”

Number 28 was last used by Will Stevens in 2015. Hartley previously used it in Formula Renault 3.5 in 2011.

Pierre Gasly will return to Toro Rosso this weekend for his third grand prix start.

“I’ve never raced there,” said Gasly, “so it will be exciting to learn a new one.”

“I’ve been there as a reserve driver with Red Bull for the last two years and I think it’s a unique event. The atmosphere there is very special, the fans are great and very passionate. The part of the stadium in the last sector is also amazing, always full of spectators cheering the drivers on. It’s great to see all the grandstands completely full.”

#51 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:03

Tost: najverovatnije cemo adrzati Gazlija i Hartlija i u sledecoj sezoni

https://www.pitpass....o-stay-for-2018

#52 lemiwili

lemiwili
  • Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 19:55

Kvajat je zavrsio F1 karijeru.

#53 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 13:44

:krsta:

DOWc6DUX0AExPmZ.jpg

TR je trenutno 6. na tabeli jedno mesto iznad Renoa s pet poena prednosti...

#54 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:17

O moj bože  :krsta:

"It's going nuclear. Renault are considering withholding engines from Toro Rosso and making them sit out not just for the rest of the weekend with no engines, but also the Abu Dhabi GP. They are so furious, they are looking at their contract" reports Ted Kravitz. #SkyF1 #F1

#55 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 16:13

Upravo slušao na Skaju, Ted intervjunisao Tosta. 

Uglavnom Tost je pričao o Ejbitibulovom intervjuu od jutros za koji je rekao da je "glup" a na pitanje "hoćete li dobiti PJ za Abu Dabi pošto je Ejbitibul zapretio jutros da ih nećete dobiti" odgovorio je dosta agresivno "Moraju! Jednostavno moraju ispoštovati naš sporazum, nema klazula. Imaćemo PJ u Abu Dabiju i to je svršena stvar".

#56 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 20:19

Red Bull’s motorsports consultant Helmut Marko has intervened in the row between junior team Toro Rosso and its engine supplier Renault.

Toro Rosso refuted Renault’s claim its recent power unit failures were a consequence of how it was operating its engines. Marko, who was seen having a heated discussion at Interlagos with Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul, has now issued a statement on the matter.

“Over the last 10 years, many successful, we have been through every emotion with our current engine supplier,” he said. “As usual at the end of another long season, emotions are running high but it is a valued relationship and will remain so.”

“There has never been any question that we have not been treated fairly and equitably by our engine suppliers. And that is still true today.”

Toro Rosso’s relationship with Renault will end after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix later this month, after which it will switch to Honda engines for 2018.

The team had insinuated the breakdowns may be related to the fact it is ahead of Renault in the constructors’ championship.

“We mustn’t forget that they are fighting with Toro Rosso for a better position in the constructors’ championship,” it said. “As suggested by Mr Abiteboul the situation may not be a coincidence, but it is certainly not due to STR’s car.”

Both Toro Rosso cars suffered power unit problems within minutes of the first practice session starting at Interlagos. The cars have run reliably since then but both the teams’ drivers will take grid penalties for power unit component changes.

#57 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 20:20

Fernando Alonso posle trke u Brazilu:

"The lack of power today was amazing...it is quite worrying for Toro Rosso next year,"

Ne znam baš, ako sagledamo progres iz 2015 u 2016 momci i devojke u TR nemaju brige. Koliki god raspad RA617H bio ima potencionala, ali biće čupavo...

#58 alberto.ascari

alberto.ascari
  • Members
  • 28,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 21:55

Fernando Alonso posle trke u Brazilu:

Ne znam baš, ako sagledamo progres iz 2015 u 2016 momci i devojke u TR nemaju brige. Koliki god raspad RA617H bio ima potencionala, ali biće čupavo...

:yawn:

Missim, da li je baš neophodno da se izražava baš o svemu... Da se ne iznenadi ako bude gledao STR u menjač dogodine.

#59 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 23:01

Jebiga, odgovorio je na direktno pitanje reporterke na Skaju. Mogao je da kaze i "no comment", ali zasto bi. A ne bi bio on da nije iskoristio priliku da malo zabiberi aktuelni sukob izmedju STR i Renoa.

U svakom slucaju tesko da ce bas puno gledati u menjac STR - Honda ako i uspe da popravi svoju sokantno losu pouzdanost iz ove sezone ostaje joj i dalje problem nedostatka snage. Cak i ta relativno uspesna 2016. je znacila samo da se motor nije kvario bas preterano, a i dalje mu je nedostajalo preko 150 konja. Reno ce svakako biti jaci motor, a i Meklaren i STR su u istim g... sto se tice prilagodjavanja sasije novom motoru i sa te strane niko nema prednost.

Ja cu biti jako iznenadjen bude li STR sezonu zavrsio ispred Meklarena sledece sezone.

#60 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 21,862 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 14:04

A 2018 deal to race for Toro Rosso is not yet set in stone for Brendon Hartley.

One media source reported from Brazil that while Pierre Gasly is definitely set to drive for the junior Red Bull team next year, a similar deal for New Zealander and sports car champion Hartley is not quite done.

However, Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost admits: "There is a high possibility that this will be the driver lineup for 2018."

To put that deal beyond doubt, Hartley's father Bryan is set to travel to Abu Dhabi for the 2017 F1 finale in two weeks.

"Once we all find out what's going on and there's something to be announced, then there will be an official announcement," Hartley snr told the New Zealand media source Stuff.

S obzirom da je Hartli vec imao potpisan ugovor sa Ganasijem za Indikar i da je Red Bul ovima platio debelo da ga oslobode ugovora bilo bi imbecilno da ga sad ne potpisu za 2018. Em su pukli pare em su njemu sjebali sezonu jer je sad vec kasno da nadje dobar angazman.