Taki je bogotac!
Scuderia Toro Rosso 2017
Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:56
U STR ce do kraja sezone vooziti Sajnc i Gasli, Kvjat ce na klupu za rezervne igrace...
Pierre Gasly is to take over from Daniil Kvyat in the final races of the season, alongside Carlos Sainz. It is another hit for Kvyat, but the team says that he is staying in the Red Bull family, although one wonders why he would want to do that given what has been done to him in recent years.
“Scuderia Toro Rosso was established by Red Bull to bring youngsters from its Junior Programme into Formula 1 and that’s what we are doing by giving Pierre this chance,” says Franz Tost (or his speech writer, at least). “He is the next in line at Red Bull for this opportunity and he has shown that he deserves it, having taken the 2016 GP2 title and this year being very competitive in the Super Formula series in Japan. He really has a valid chance of winning the title, as he is only half a point behind the leader. The driver switch gives us an opportunity to make a more informed decision regarding our 2018 driver choices. For a variety of reasons, some of them due to technical problems, but others being mistakes of his own making, Daniil Kvyat has not really shown his true potential so far this year, which is why we are standing him down for the next races. This will give us the opportunity to evaluate Pierre on track during a proper race weekend.”
The chances are that Kvyat and Gasly will be with the team next year, as there are no more Red Bull juniors ready to move into F1 and the rest of those in the programme were long ago binned. Honda might like to have a youngster in the team, but none of the Japanese rising stars have a superlicence, although Gasly is in favour in Japan as he has done a good job for Honda in Super Formula this year. He could win the title in the weeks ahead.
Posted 26 September 2017 - 14:51
Posted 26 September 2017 - 14:57
Zao mi je Kvjata. Nije neznalica, pokazao je to 2015. u vise navrata, cak je imao i vise bodova od Deni Rika! Medjutim, onaj potez Marka kojim ga je vratio u Toro Roso posle 4 trke prosle godine ga je ocigledno ubio u pojam, i trenutnim voznjama ne zasluzuje mesto na gridu.
Posted 09 October 2017 - 21:48
Veberu možda još uvek ima nade za njega, eto službeni sajt prikazuje Kvjata i Gazlija kao vozače. Očigledno je da Kvjat zamenjuje Sajnca do kraja sezone. Pre nego što će Kvjata smenuti, službeni sajt je imao Gazlija i Sajnca kao vozače, nije ništa službeno ali vredi napomenuti.
I da, Kubičin hajp voz je doživeo udes po ko zna koji put. Joj majko mila novinara, kao Kubica obavljao testiranja simulatora RBa i preko Renoove veze i TR kao Renoove mušterije mediji su stavljali Kubicu u TR. Isusebožejosifemarijo
Mediji toliko pritiskaju Kubicu da će na koncu ovaj napraviti najgluplji udes karijere u Australiji, mislim oladite malo novinari jbt...
Posted 10 October 2017 - 15:09
Team owner Red Bull will imminently decide who will replace Toro Rosso's Pierre Gasly at the US grand prix next weekend.
Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko says Toro Rosso's media statement saying Gasly will race alongside Daniil Kvyat in Austin was "wrong".
He said the team was caught off-guard by the late deal reached between Renault and Red Bull regarding the early release of Carlos Sainz to the French team.
"Renault decided very late and a little unexpectedly in changing (Jolyon) Palmer," Marko told Auto Motor und Sport.
"Gasly cannot drive in Austin because our new engine partner Honda wants him to get the Super Formula title at the same time in Japan," he added. "We cannot deny their wish."
There is reportedly a huge list of potential one-off replacements for Gasly.
Among them are Robert Kubica, Sergey Sirotkin, Sebastien Buemi and even Takuma Sato and Indycar champion Josef Newgarden.
"Don't worry," Marko said. "We will know who is in the second Toro Rosso on Tuesday."
Buemi, a long-time Red Bull-backed driver, is perhaps the frontrunner.
But Marko admitted that bringing him back to F1 full-time next year as a replacement for Carlos Sainz is unlikely.
"Even if Toyota leaves Le Mans, it would be difficult to get Buemi next year because of Honda," Marko said, referring to the Swiss driver's existing contract. "The competition between the Japanese companies is too big."
Co-manager Nico Rosberg has counted Robert Kubica out of the running for a one-off debut in Austin next weekend.
Toro Rosso is looking for a one-off replacement for Pierre Gasly, who during the US grand prix weekend will be in Japan fighting for the Super Formula title.
Pole Kubica is looking to return to F1 after a seven-season absence due to a permanent arm injury. He has tested for Renault this year and is now in the running to replace Felipe Massa at Williams in 2018.
But Germany's Auto Motor und Sport said the 32-year-old's management, including the reigning world champion Rosberg, is not pushing for the Gasly seat.
Reportedly, one of the reasons is that when Kubica does return, he would have to give back a lifetime insurance payout he received for being permanently unable to race in F1 -- even if that comeback is for one race only.
And Rosberg said Toro Rosso's one-race opportunity would be too great a risk for Kubica.
"If you are thrown into deep water in a strange car without a test, you can only lose," said the German. "It is better to keep going for the Williams opportunity."
Edited by Rad-oh-yeah?, 10 October 2017 - 15:12.
Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:36
Honda says it will not force Pierre Gasly to contest the Super Formula title decider and is happy for him to race for Toro Rosso in the United States Grand Prix.
After Toro Rosso named Gasly and Daniil Kvyat as its drivers in Austin due to Carlos Sainz being released to replace Jolyon Palmer at Renault, it was reported that Honda was pushing for Gasly to see out the Super Formula season. The Frenchman is second in the championship by just half a point ahead of the final race weekend at Suzuka, but that event clashes with the USGP.
While unsure what Toro Rosso plans on doing for the race at Circuit of The Americas, the general manager of Honda motorsport Masashi Yamamoto says he will have no issue with Gasly remaining in F1 rather than returning for the title decider in Japan.
DJ5R1906"Before the Sainz move, we said we wanted Gasly to race for us in Super Formula," Yamamoto told RACER. "But now it's a fact that Gasly has to drive in the U.S. instead of Sainz.
"We think the priority is Formula 1, obviously. It's the top category. If there is any case that someone else can race instead of Gasly, then obviously we would by happy to have him in Super Formula but Formula 1 is the priority."
However, Yamamoto did admit there is a chance that Gasly won't race in Austin if Toro Rosso opts to use a different driver, suggesting the announcement of the team's driver line-up was premature.
"There is a potential driver who could drive in Austin who is under discussion. We are not really sure if he can do it or not, so if he can then we're happy to have Gasly in Super Formula, but if it's not possible then Gasly should drive in Austin."
Asked if the decision is up to Toro Rosso, Yamamoto replied: "They are going to give us their decision next week.
"We have already discussed it and now we are just waiting for the answer. It's easier to find a Super Formula driver than a Formula 1 driver!"
Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:14
Brendon Hartley is the leading contender to drive for the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team in the United States Grand Prix, with Sebastien Buemi the back-up option, Motorsport.com has learned.
Posted 13 October 2017 - 14:58
The Toro Rosso drive
October 13, 2017 by Joe Saward
Scuderia Toro Rosso has got itself into a bit of a pickle by agreeing to let Carlos Sainz go to Renault Sport F1 with immediate effect. The team had already dropped Daniil Kvyat to make room for Pierre Gasly, but the Frenchman has a commitment to Honda next week in Super Formula in Japan, where he can win the title for Honda, the only Honda driver who can. As Honda is Toro Rosso’s engine supplier next year in F1, it was logical to let Gasly go, but that left a problem. Even with Kvyat returning, Red Bull has dumped so many drivers that there are no obvious replacements for Gasly.
It is important in that the battle in the Constructors’ championship is tight with millions at stake. The logical choice would seem to be Sebastien Buemi, who regularly works in the Red Bull simulator in Milton Keynes and so is up to speed with the latest technology. But then he is a Renault factory driver in Formula E and Renault is part of the Constructors’ fight so it makes no sense for the French team to agree to let Buemi go.
The primary problem is access to a Super Licence. There are about 60 drivers who have such a licence and 22 of them have raced in F1 this year (the regulars, plus Paul di Resta and Gasly). The others include retired stars such as Nico Rosberg and Mark Webber and a bunch of older sports car drivers such as Buemi, Andre Lotterer, Lucas di Grassi, Neel Jani, Marc Lieb, Romain Dumas, Benoit Treluyer, Kazuki Nakajima, Loic Duval, Brendan Hartley and others. Few of them have any recent open-wheeler experience beyond Formula E and it makes little sense to use them. There are IndyCar drivers such as Will Power, Scott Dixon, Simon Pagenaud, Juan Pablo Montoya and Alex Rossi, while rising stars Sergey Sirotkin, Oliver Rowland, Antonio Giovinazzi, Charles Leclerc, Alex Lynn, Nyck de Vries and Felix Rosenqvist may have contractual conflicts.
If one filters the list for those with recent F1 racing experience the number reduces significantly, because of the need for the drivers to have driven 300km in an F1 car in the last four years. It remains to be seen what Toro Rosso can do about this. If Buemi is not available, the best bet might be to go for Rossi, it being the US Grand Prix. The only problem is that Rossi is off the radar at the moment, taking part in the filming of The Amazing Race, teamed up with buddy Conor Daly. The word is that they were last seen somewhere in Iceland… but may now be in Belgium or the Czech Republic.
Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:27
Sad je službeno, Hartli menja Gazlija!
BRENDON HARTLEY TO RACE WITH US IN AUSTIN
New Zealander Brendon Hartley will race for Scuderia Toro Rosso at the next round of the Formula 1 World Championship, the USA Grand Prix in Austin, as Pierre Gasly will be racing in Japan for the last race of the Super Formula Championship in Suzuka.
Brendon last tested with the team back in 2009. Eight years later, he will be taking part in his first Formula 1 Grand Prix, at the Circuit of the Americas, alongside Daniil Kvyat. Since his last outing with Scuderia Toro Rosso, Brendon has gained experience in many different categories, including the Formula Renault 3.5 Series, GP2 Series and sports car Series. In the last three years he successfully raced the LMP1 Porsche in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
In 2015 he was crowned WEC Champion alongside his teammates Mark Webber and Timo Bernhard. In June this year he won the prestigious 24h of Le Mans race and he's currently leading the 2017 WEC Championship, with three rounds to go – the next one being the 6 Hours of Fuji, in Japan. After that, he'll travel to Texas for his first F1 race weekend... A well-deserved reward that has been eight years in the making: never say never!
"What an amazing feeling! This opportunity came as somewhat of a surprise, but I never did give up on my ambition and childhood dream to reach F1. I have grown and learnt so much since the days when I was the Red Bull and Toro Rosso reserve driver, and the tough years I went through made me stronger and even more determined. I want to say a huge thanks to Red Bull for making this a reality, and to Porsche for allowing me to do this alongside the World Endurance Championship. COTA is a track I really enjoy and one I have raced at recently. I'm trying not to put too many expectations on my F1 debut, but I feel ready for it."
Franz Tost (Team Principal):
"Scuderia Toro Rosso is very pleased to announce that Brendon Hartley, who has been part of the Red Bull family for a long time in different classes, as well as the test and reserve driver for Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso, will now be back racing for us in Austin. Brendon is coming as the reigning 24h Le Mans winner and he's also leading the current FIA LMP1 World Endurance Championship, which he won in 2015 as well. We are really happy to have him back in our team. With all the racing experience accumulated over the years, we are convinced that he will do a fantastic job for us."
Posted 14 October 2017 - 19:12
Konačno su sad svi dobili priliku voziti u F1 na kraju svega
RBovi razvojni vozači fotografisani 2010. godine
Posted 17 October 2017 - 14:38
HARTLEY I WAS NOT READY FOR FORMULA 1 EIGHT YEARS AGO
Brendon Hartley is set to make his Formula 1 debut, with Toro Rosso, at this weekend’s United States Grand Prix, eight years since his dream of racing at the pinnacle of the sport faded – he admits that at the time as a Red Bull driver he was not ready to step up, but now he says he is.
Speaking to the New Zealand Herald, Harley revealed, “One of the first calls I made was to Helmut Marko at Red Bull and I said if there was ever an opportunity I am ready now – I wasn’t eight years ago. He got the message but I didn’t hear anything for three or four months and to be honest this came out of the blue this last week.”
Hartley, a World Endurance Championship (WEC) World Champion and Le Mans 24 Hours winner, flew to Texas from Fuji where he finished fourth in the WEC round where he races for the Porsche. He will be doing a Toro Rosso seat fitting and familiarising himself with the gizmos that he will need to be master in the next few days.
He admitted, “I am a little unprepared going into next weekend without ever testing the car but on the other hand I absolutely feel ready.”
In 2010, Hartley was a rising star in the Red Bull young driver programme but things went awry and he was ditched, “It was a long time ago – 2010 was when I was cut from the Red Bull junior development program.”
“I went through a tough time. To put it bluntly I just wasn’t ready. I wasn’t mature enough. At that point in my life I was enjoying my racing. For having gone through that I am a lot stronger.”
“I am 27, so I am not as young as some of the other guys that are entering Formula 1 but I have such a wealth of experience from being in a program at Porsche and having teammates like Mark Webber and Timo [Bernhard].”
Prior to this unexpected opportunity Hartley was seeking a drive in the Indycar series for next year and admits, “I didn’t 100 percent see this one coming. When Porsche announced they were stopping LMP1 I started trying to figure out where I would be next year. I am as ready as I can be for an unexpected opportunity like this.”
“I will do my very best and try not to think about what could be and what is at stake,” he declared.
What could be at stake is a full-time drive with Toro Rosso, in 2018, should he seize the moment and make a good impression at Circuit of the Americas this weekend.