Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Renault 2017


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#76 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 15:29

Ejbitibul konačno progovorio o mogućem Palmerovom otkazu
 

Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul has hit out at the media following speculation about the future of Jolyon Palmer ahead of the British Grand Prix.

German media reported ahead of the Silverstone race that Palmer, who has yet to score a point in 2017, was set to be replaced by Toro Rosso's Carlos Sainz in the Hungarian GP later this month.

But Abiteboul said that he personally assured the Briton before the race that speculation about him being replaced for Budapest was not true.

"I have completely dismissed speculation of him being replaced in Budapest," he told Motorsport.com. "It's not good, particularly on Sunday morning.

"When I found out the proportion it had taken on the media side I made it clear to everyone that there was absolutely nothing true in that, and I told that to Jo directly.

"I wanted to clear that off his mind before the start."

Palmer had qualified 11th for his home race, but he had to park his car on the formation lap after a leak caused a loss of hydraulic pressure.


His teammate Nico Hulkenberg went on to finish sixth, matching Renault's best result of the season.

"We are extremely sorry and frustrated for Jo," Abiteboul said. "I'm sure that with all that happened today, and looking at the pace of Nico, he would have had the capacity to be in the points.

"So extremely sorry, and all our apologies. There is no good moment, but it was definitely not a good moment. He knows that he has our support, and our commitment.

"It's a big disappointment what happened to him, because he was feeling very well in the car, and in the team, and his confidence is rebuilding. But he has to have the hardware."

Asked what can be done to raise Palmer's spirits, he said: "I think the potential of the team, and the potential of the car, is there. And that is the easiest way to rebuild confidence and motivation.

"Even though it has been two tough back-to-backs I think we would race tomorrow given the prospects that we have today. Our first priority is to get our act together on reliability, in particular on his side."


  • 0

#77 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:53

Nissan-Renault seize lead in first half global vehicle sales


  • 0

#78 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,976 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 14:59

Kubica staying "very realistic" about F1 return chances

Robert Kubica says he must be realistic about his chances of returning to Formula 1 despite impressing when he drove a contemporary F1 car for the first time since 2011.

The 32-year-old Pole, whose F1 career was interrupted following a rallying crash, finished fourth fastest and completed 142 laps on day two of the post-Hungarian Grand Prix test.

Renault had given Kubica two tests in 2012-spec machinery earlier this year - at Valencia and Paul Ricard - and then decided to run him in the official F1 test to better understand if he is capable of a return in 2018.

One-time F1 race winner Kubica admitted he was "not 100 percent happy" with his return but felt good physically after the eight-hour test, held in hot and humid conditions, and did not feel any pain.

"I would like to have other opportunities but the reality is that I don't know and we'll have to wait and see." said Kubica.

"If we see where I was four months ago compared to where I am now, it is a big change and it happened very quickly.

"So I think if in three months I did improve a lot and moved forward quite a lot, everything can happen in the future. But we have to be realistic, nothing will be easy.

"My target is to get this kind of role in F1 if I can and if I will have a chance but I don't know. One thing is sure, if it doesn't happen, I will not be disappointed because I am looking at this situation very realistically."

Kubica completed 20 stints during the test, including a handful of ultrasoft tyre runs, as he worked down to a best lap of 1.448s adrift of Ferrari pace-setter Sebastian Vettel.

The Pole feels he needs more time in the car to feel comfortable.

"If I get the chance to jump again in the car I will find it much easier, more familiar and it will come more naturally," he said. "For a driver the best feeling you can have is everything comes so easily you don't think about it.

"But when everything if new you have to think about it and concentrate on things, keep analysing why you are driving. Once I jumped out of the car [after four hours of running], I had a big break and I jump back at 2pm and I felt like a different driver.

"The car felt much more familiar and it's a good sign. A lot of people think you improve only by driving but you can improve also by thinking and thinking where you can
improve.

"This is what happened and if I was driving again the next day I would have some idea where I can improve and everything will come easier and more natural which is the target."

https://www.motorspo...chances-937938/


  • 0

#79 leone

leone
  • Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 15:14

Nije mi bas najjasniji ovaj plan s Kubicom, cak i kad bi stigao do performansi danasnjih osrednjnih F1 vozaca, Renou bi valjda bolje bilo da se usmjeri na Sajnca, Okona i sl. mnogo mladje vozace...


  • 0

#80 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 15:57

Nije mi bas najjasniji ovaj plan s Kubicom, cak i kad bi stigao do performansi danasnjih osrednjnih F1 vozaca, Renou bi valjda bolje bilo da se usmjeri na Sajnca, Okona i sl. mnogo mladje vozace...

 

Verovatno ce se i usmeriti na njih, a Kubica ce dobiti posao rezervnog vozaca ili nesto tako cisto za marketinske svrhe. U svakom slucaju bolje on nego Karmen Zorda, jer i sa jednom rukom je 1000 puta bolji vozac od nje.


  • 0

#81 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 16:40

Reno svakako želi Sajnca, Okona i sl. no jedno je želja a drugo realnost. Ako Reno nebi uspeo angažovati tu dvojicu ili nekog trećeg Kubica bi upao kao isvrsna rezerva. Palmera zadržati kao testnog vozača u slučaju da Robert ne bude mogao više voziti (mada čisto sumljam).

 

Što se tiče performansi Kubičina vožnja na testu nije merodavna jer jelte Robert nije vozio aktualne bolide od februara 2011. Jeste da je izvšio sve moguće pripreme pre testa ali opet treba vremena da se privikne na bolid i stekne staru rutinu.


  • 0

#82 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:43

Grožan hoće leba preko pogače. Kada Hulkenberg, Rovlend, Palmer i Kubica budu doveli Reno do vrha Roman ćese vratiti da "pokupi šlag". Frlo pametan plan, ne znam koliko vremena mu je trebalo da ga smisli ...
 

"Going back to Renault one day would be lovely, but it should be the time when we really could be world champions together. That would be a superb situation, but right now it is a bit premature."


  • 0

#83 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:35

46689272.jpg


  • 1

#84 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:41

Renault has admitted it made too big a change with its Formula 1 engine over last winter, and has paid the price with reliability struggles this year.

Having felt that its own power unit had reached the limit of development, Renault embarked on a concept revamp to give itself scope to close in on the benchmark Mercedes and Ferrari engines.

But after the manufacturer hit reliability headaches over the course of this year – which has included it needing to revert to using its 2016 MGU-K - Renault managing director Cyril Abiteboul has confessed that its ambitions were perhaps too big.

“I cannot look professional if I tell you that these were expected problems, because we don’t design a new engine expecting that it is not going to work,” Abiteboul told Motorsport.com. “The reality, and that is still a frustrating thing, is that we are still not great at designing first time.

"Having said that, we have done an awful lot on the engine side – the ICE architecture is completely different, the ERS is completely different.

“We can challenge the decision to do that much in one winter, and frankly, I think we have done a bit too much.”

Abiteboul does believe, however, that Renault’s reliability issues have been made to look worse by the inevitable finger trouble that comes from needing to swap faulty components around.

“When you start having some difficulty with reliability, you start to do some mix and match in the garage,” he said.

“You take an MGU-H from one engine, you take a turbo from another engine, you take an MGU-K from another engine, and then you start to make a monster!

“That also multiplies the operation and that has been very difficult for the engine guys, who also – with all the operations we have done - happen to make some finger mistakes. This has made the situation even worse. So that is a vicious circle that is very strong and powerful.

“Having said that, on the chassis side, we have also had a couple of reliability issues. The last one being Jo’s installation lap in Silverstone, which was absolutely unrelated to the engine. It was a power assist system, and that is a big frustration.

“Again I am putting that down to the fact that it is a team that is young. We have had a lot of turnover in the mechanics, a lot of turnover at the factory. People are getting experience and, for me, lack of quality is lack of experience.”

But having gone through the pain of the early-season reliability troubles, Abiteboul is at least confident that Renault will be in a better situation at the start of next year.

“It is nearly behind us, it is not behind us yet, but it is a year of consolidation also on the engine side.

"There will be much more stability next year, and we will be able to focus on extracting more performance from the different components that we have introduced, and hopefully in a much more reliable manner."


  • 0

#85 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 16:52

Sainz in Renault at Palmer's Place by Malaysia GP!

The Spaniard will probably race the last GP with TR in Singapore, then take Palmer's seat from the next race. Renault wants the Spaniard to go back to the Constructors' World.

Singapore's most likely will be the last race of Carlos Sainz in Toro Rosso. The increasingly insistent voices confirming the Spanish driver's departure to Renault are not just about the next season, but they may have a shorter turnaround, namely the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Pierre Gasly, Toro Rosso's third rider, has long been warned to jump in the car, but the alarm was initially linked to the situation of Daniil Kvyat, arriving at the limit with the driver's penalties, so at a risk stop for a race.

Instead the sirens were for the other car, or Sainz. In recent days there had been rumors of a possible use of Gasly already in Singapore, but the news is then blurred. Now more and more insistence is the confirmation that the French will be on track in Malaysia, replacing Sainz who will pass on to Jolyon Palmer's place in Renault.

An operation that actually anticipates the move to the French team, which is now taken for granted in 2018, but with a clear goal. At the moment, Renault is only eighth in the standings of the Constructors World, having only 34 points, one less than Haas, six of Red Bull and nineteen Williams, who currently occupies fifth place. A pilot like Sainz could be crucial to the season's flying in the last six World Cup races.

https://it.motorspor...malesia-951132/


  • 0

#86 alpiner

alpiner
  • Members
  • 10,976 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 21:40

Pravi izbor za budućnost, ali mi je žao što ovo znači kraj bajke o povratku Kubice u Enston


  • 0

#87 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 21:55

Robertu ostaju samo mesta u Meklarenu (ako Alonso "went full mad" i ode u Indi) i Vilijamsu (umesto Mase koji bi otišao u FE). Vilijams se u potpunosti fokusirao na razvoj 2018 bolida koji će im biti prvi bolid bez "sapun" aerodinamike u turbo/hibridnoj eri. 


  • 0

#88 Rad-oh-yeah?

Rad-oh-yeah?
  • Members
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:49

I opet Dzo:
 

The widespread reporting that Carlos Sainz will move to Renault appears to come from a single source, but has been reported on sites owned by the same organisation, and since widely copied. It is probably true because getting such a call wrong would be a very public embarrassment, although people in F1 have been known to plant fake stories to stop a deal from happening, and even to make a journalist look silly. However, given the confident language in the stories, one must assume that it is true and that the source is not playing games. For now, however, no one is confirming anything, but it is a move which make sense because Renault was interested in Sainz and may have seen the opportunity to force the issue to get him, as the McLaren-Toro Rosso engine switch is going through.

McLaren wants Renault engines. Honda seems to have decided to supply Toro Rosso instead, as it has no other choices available. This means that Renault and Toro Rosso must settle their engine supply deal. Renault is quite happy to have McLaren because it gives them a third strong team, but money is money and Toro Rosso is contracted to pay some. Thus, Renault might have demanded Sainz as part of the settlement. It saves Red Bull money. Sainz will be happy because Red Bull has nowhere for him to go, apart from staying where he is. And there is a handy replacement ready in the form of Pierre Gasly. It is a win-win-win.

There is no doubt that the other deals are now happening, with McLaren getting Renault, Toro Rosso Honda and, as a result, McLaren retaining Fernando Alonso. When all these deals are confirmed then others will be affected: Sergio Perez was negotiating to join Renault and now will probably have to stay at Force India, alongside Esteban Ocon (who was Renault’s primary target, but is nailed into a Force India contract for 2018). This means that Pascal Wehrlein cannot now move there from Sauber (where he will likely be ousted by Ferrari nominee Charles Leclerc) and so the young German will be left out because he cannot join Williams as he is too young for a drive. Williams’s sponsor Martini requires at least one of the drivers to be over 25 and with Lance Stroll ensconced in one seat, the other must be filled by an older driver. Perez has already said no to Williams. Wehrlein is too young. So will Felipe Massa stay? Possibly, but there is another driver with immediate F1 experience who will be available as a result of all of these moves: Jolyon Palmer. He’s British, which Williams always likes. He is clearly a decent driver but has had rotten luck with Renault. He is the son of a former Williams test driver (so he knows the right people) and there is some sponsorship that might follow him, which Williams would appreciate. All in all, he’s not a bad bet for Williams in the circumstances. Felipe Massa is 36 and money from Brazil has dried up.

Announcements will come as they come, but the market has now moved on to Williams…


  • 0

#89 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:52

Renoou bi trebalo biti u najvećem interesu da što pre zamene Palmera, pa ono čudo od vozača im neće osvojiti niti jedan poen do kraja sezone.


  • 0

#90 /13/Ален Шмит/

/13/Ален Шмит/
  • Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 13:21

CARLOS SAINZ JOINS RENAULT SPORT FORMULA ONE TEAM FOR 2018

2d7f88b7b4cfa2eb8908b61e3be6a9.jpg?15054

Renault Sport Formula One Team is pleased to announce that Carlos Sainz will join the team as Race Driver for the 2018 season.

Twenty-three year-old Carlos has raced in 53 Formula 1 Grands Prix since making his debut at the start of the 2015 season in Australia. To date he has scored 100 points, with a best finishing position of sixth achieved four times. Prior to Formula 1, Carlos won the Formula Renault 3.5 Series in 2014 as well as the Formula Renault 2.0 NEC championship in 2011.

Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing :
“Carlos Sainz is a very promising driver who has been on our radar for some time, especially after his successes in Renault junior formulae. It is positive news for us to be able to confirm Carlos for 2018. This choice is well aligned with our mid-term strategic plans. We feel that Nico and Carlos will complement each other on and off track and the combination should help us push forwards on the grid. I would like to thank Helmut Marko for loaning Carlos to us for this period. We must thank Jolyon for his ongoing hard work with the team and his efforts over the past two seasons. He is a dedicated driver and we wish him the best in the next steps of his career.”

Carlos Sainz :
“I’m very happy to be joining Renault Sport Formula One Team. To be a Formula 1 driver for a manufacturer team is an honour and I hope to reward
Renault’s faith in me with my very best performances on track. The trajectory of Renault Sport Formula One Team is exciting and I’m proud to join at such an important time in their history. I am looking forward to working with everyone at Enstone and Viry, and driving alongside Nico Hülkenberg. I have worked closely with Renault in Formula 1 and previously in motorsport, so I know their motivation and capabilities. This is the start of a very exciting new chapter in my career. I would like to say thank you to Red Bull for all their confidence and support and for allowing me to take this opportunity. Last but not least, I specially want to thank all the people that work in Toro Rosso. They are a fantastic team of professionals and I wish them the best for the future.”


Dr Helmut Marko, Red Bull Motorsport Consultant :
“We are happy to have reached an agreement for Carlos to drive for Renault Sport Formula One Team in 2018. He is a tremendous talent and he will benefit from working with a manufacturer team alongside a highly experienced driver. This will give Carlos a different challenge and we will be keenly watching his progress there as he remains part of the Red Bull family. This is very good development for both Carlos and Renault Sport Formula One Team and will also allow us to bring a new talent into Formula One."


  • 0